Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows*

2 posters

Go down

~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows* Empty ~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows*

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Alex hugged her best friend tightly, shivering slightly. "What if you get picked?" Alex asked, gazing at the blonde girl who was at least a half a foot smaller than her. "I won't. They wouldn't do that. Someone would take my place." She said, shaking her head. Alex nodded, breaking free of her friend and squeezing up the front of the crowd. A 16 year old from her the district before hers had been called up by the crazy lady on stage. He was the perfect one for the Hunger Games. Well muscled, good with a bow, sharp opjects, and spears. She wouldn't be surprised if he won. Now it was her district.

"As always, I will start with the ladies!" The odd woman next the giant glass ball giggled, fishing around in the girl's ball, smiling at the crowd in a drunken fashion, even though she didn't drink. She looked at the slip of paper, wincing. "Alex Garcia!" The 13 year old girl gasped, looking at her dad, at the older girls in her district. Would anybody volunteer for her? Probably not.

Alex forced herself forward, stepping up with the others.

(Been a while since I read the books, so sorry if anything is off)
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows* Empty Re: ~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows*

Post by lemmy Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm

[ Your all good. I was so excited to start this topic I kept constantly checking to see if you were on. And when you were and you weren't replying I was like, "Whyyyy?!" Lol. BTW I only saw the movie so if this is off let me know. I've been trying to read the books but I get caught up in other series. ]

The best day ever. The reaping. The day that a boy and a girl gets picked, tweleve through eighteen gets picked to fight til there death. Selena wasn't all that siked as she looked at herself in the cracked mirror, vieweing the image of a girl in a long pretty blue dress and wore a crystal diamond necklace she got from her mother... who told her she got it when she was a baby, very expensive, but the lady gave it to her. [ mind if alex had one of these too? ] she looked at the two pigtails in which she wore, wrapping up the accessories in a midnight blue headband. It was thick and behind her ears, was really starting to annoy her. She looked at her smiling mother. She looked tired. Selena belevied she worked too hard. "You will be fine Selena..." she started. "But what if I get picked?" Selena burst out. Her mother stared at her for the longest moment, the longest time. Selena thought she'd say nothing at all, but her olive eyes caught a long sigh escape her mother's lips and then a form of words; "You won't." That's not exactly what Selena expected. Her mother didn't know that.

Leading her down towards the reaping, getting her DNA, before heading off towards the others, she waited alone while other girls held hands, held their breaths and waited. When it began, Selena blocked everything out. She looked around. Her first reaping and she came out pretty lucky. But she wasn't as sure this time... taking a deep breath, Selena didn't realize everything being in such slow motion when she came to her senses again. "Selena Garcia." she heard the funny looking woman call. People stared at her, murmurings stopped to cryings of relief and silent cheers. She looked around, wanting to hide and get away from the world for once. "Selena... sweetie?" the woman asked again. Selena's eyes widended and she turned to her mother who looked like she was going to burst out crying, but said nothing. Selena stepped forward and was led to the woman. She stepped on stage and looked out around at everyone before they headed towards a boy. When he got called, she realized the blonde 15 year old, Travis Johnson. she said nothing as they met each other's eyes and shook hands breifly. All Selena could think was: I should have known it was my time. I'm going to die.

lemmy
lemmy
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows* Empty Re: ~~Can't Seem To Find Pleasure In The Pain~~ *PG-13, Silver Shadows*

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm

(LOL. and no, I don't mind)

Alex ran her fingers over the beautiful necklace that lay in her pocket. She didn't want to wear it, afraid that someone might steal it. She looked at the others, tears welling in her eyes. Alex ran the moment she could, holding the tears back as she slammed the door shut to her house. "I hate the Hunger Games! I hate the president!" She screamed into her pillow, nearly biting into it.

The usually very optimistic young girl was now a shuddering bundle of sobs and tears. Her dad patted her back, pulling her onto his lap. "Will anybody volunteer for me?" She asked, refusing to be brave. "I don't know, sweetie, it depends on if they want to die or not." His words didn't comfort her.

(Sorry it is so short. And might I add painting to one of her talents? So a mix between rue and peeta?)
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lemmy Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

[ Here's the pretty crystal necklace they wear... lucky them. http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs18/i/2007/188/b/6/Necklace_by_LilyStox.jpg ]

Selena looked as she was swept into a room, put alone. No one volenteered for her like she hoped. But she probably understood why... no one liked her. She had no friends, no sisters, nor brothers. No one close but her mother. Her mother was the most closest person she'd get to. Who tuked her in at night, and read and told her stories about things that were happier... more richer and sweeter than the districts, the presidents, life and the hunger games. She had Nightmares about the hunger games. How dangerous it was and such, she imagined the pain she'd go through getting something stuck into her chest. The slow and painful death when some took pleasure in it. And she just didn't get why.

Selena touched the crystal laced necklace, holding it close to her heart and closing her eyes only to hear a squeak of the door. In came a woman, tears trying to hold back. Selena sat up and hugged her close, near and dear. She knew it felt good to be here with her mother. She'll miss and loved her so. "Please Selena... win this." whispered the woman, snuggling into her daughter's neck. Selena wanted to shake her said and said she couldn't. She pulled away and nodded, letting tears fall down her cheeks before hugging her again. She nodded. "I will mom. I will."

Time past when she was in her mother's arms. Two men led her mother out the door and then she was alone. She cried silently, still feeling the necklace, it reminded her so much of her mother.
lemmy
lemmy
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Alex was pulled from her room by her father, and like they both thought, no one had volunteered for her. She cried into her dads shoulder, and he cried with her. He had a feeling she would die. He didn't leave her side until ordered. Her best friend came in, holding the crystal necklace she had dropped. "You will win! I know you will! You will outlast all of them, they wil lslaughter each other and you will be taken out, laughing as you live another day." She said, putting ahand on her friends shoulder. "Thanks, but I don't think so."

Once Alex was alone, she dried her eyes, having to look good when she emerged.

(sorry so short)
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lemmy Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Selena bit her lip as she was led towards a train and with Travis. She looked at him, when she looked at the food. More food than she ever said before. She looked at all the nice furniture and slowly made her way in more, the woman talking about how they'd be able to have a good meal and such for a day... she sat down instantly. She looked down at fiddled her thumbs, watching Travis doing the same. She looked him and looked down again. This was probably going to be the worst trip ever. Especially having to bond with a boy, she wasn't best with guys.

[ Question: Want me to play the guy from your district from now and you can play mine? Just for now until they see each other. Selena would eventually fall for Travis, but he'll end up dyi-- wait wait wait no spoilers XD ]
lemmy
lemmy
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 pm

(Sure, lol. Idk what my guys name shall be, you can choose if you like.)

Alex was puny next to the boy from her district. He was very tall, and very serious looking. He had a look of confidence, as if he knew he was going to win. She closed her eyes, praying that when she died, it would be quick and painless. Of course, that wasn't the way of the Hunger Games.

The food was only a small improvement of what she got at home. The only thing she loved about it was that she didn't have to eat everything if she wasn't hungry.

The young girl retired to her room soon after dinner, clutching her knees to her chest and letting her tears fall silenty.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lemmy Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Selena bit her nails and soon was starting to eat the food but she turned her back on anyone so that she could eat the sweet riches filled her tastebuds and she was secretly thankful. She looked down and at her almost eaten plate and sighed quietly, smiling. She just didn't know how good everything was. She was busy trading things for food.

James looked at the girl he heard was Alex. He was sure he'd win, he had trained hard for this. He'd gain pride for the district. And he was sure he would keep everything safe. But he guess he'd play it friendly for now. "Hey." he murmured.
lemmy
lemmy
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down