Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Big or Go Home (M/ Open)

2 posters

Go down

Go Big or Go Home (M/ Open) Empty Go Big or Go Home (M/ Open)

Post by southerncowgirl Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 pm

You're a teenager between the ages of 13-19 and you've been around horses, and other livestock, for as long as you can remember. Ever since you started competing, your parents and trainers have pushed you to win. Their moto is, " GO BIG OR GO HOME ". You live and breathe western speed. If you don't make it into the top, you and your poor horse are punished. You're made to take your horse through the patterns again and again until your trainer is satisfied with it, even if it means your horse is dripping with sweat and very hyper or about to drop at the end of it. You're not allowed to take your horses for a trail ride unless you're with a trainer, but most of the kids do it anyways to give their horses a break from the ring and from intense training. This is what keeps them sane.

All your parents and trainer see when they look at your horses is just an animal that can be easily replaced. If it can't do the job, it gets tossed out and you get a new horse to replace it. Yes they get the best money can buy, as money isn't a problem, but they will be worked for as hard and as long as it takes to get it perfect. The trainers don't believe in slow work and the basic fundamentals and only focus on the patterns. " As long as you can get on a horse, walk, trot, and canter, then you don't need basics " is what you get from them. You've seen what has happened to some horses that have gone through this and you don't like the outcome. Your horses are all top dollar horses that love their job, but for how long? Will you try to stand up for what's right and save your poor horses? Or just be yelled at again for not knowing what you're talking about?

*PLOT*
You all board at the same place, where there are hundreds of acres and quite a few houses on the property. It's a gorgeous and huge place that normal kids would only dream to go. You're getting ready for a huge show coming up in a few months. You know you'll be competing against the best of the best and your trainer is pushing you now, more than ever, to win.

Do you have what it takes to be the best?
Can you and/or your horses handle the pressure?
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Go Big or Go Home (M/ Open) Empty Re: Go Big or Go Home (M/ Open)

Post by ℓonesomє Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:27 am

[This seems interesting. May I join? If you want me to delete this post, just PM and I'll be happy to.]
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:20 pm

(Yay! I didn't know if anyone would want to join. Go for it. Very Happy)
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by ℓonesomє Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Any particular gender you want me to join as?
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm

(Whatever you want. It's up to you.)
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Rhealie's bio https://horseisland.rpg-board.net/t12295-rhealie-o-connor

I wakes with a jump and look over at my alarm clock. "Oh no, it's 11:45pm! I'm gonna be so dead!" I say as I rush to my bathroom to get ready. I have a lesson with my trainer, Ms. Marry Kennedy, at 12 and it takes 7 minutes just to get from my house to the barn. I quickly get ready then race downstairs where my mother is waiting. "You were suppose to be up at 9 to go and feed. Thankfully, James had already done it by the time I called. Now let's go or you'll be even later." she says then adds quickly, "Oh and your surprise should be here in a few hours."

I shut the front door behind me then walk out to my mother's new F-450 and climb in. As I shut the door, I start thinking about James. "Oh he's so cute." James is our 19 y/o stable hand. Then my thoughts go to my surprise. It's my birthday today and my parents always get me the most expensive things, but today is even more special because it's my 16th birthday. "I wonder what it is." Just then, the truck comes to a stop and I am shaken out of my daydream. I hadn't even heard the truck start or go down the drive. I open the door and race to Cadence's stall. It's now 12:15. My big grulla stallion looks at me with his soft, kind eyes and nickers a greeting. "Hello my beauty. Sorry I'm so late. Let's see what we have to work with." I tell him while clipping the lead rope onto his halter and leading him from his stall. I place him on the crossties and quickly groom then tack him before leading him to the indoor arena.

As I walk in the entrance, I can see Ms. Kennedy standing there looking at me with a nasty look on her face. I hault him before entering and check my girth. Once it's tight enough, we walk up to Ms. Kennedy. "I'm so sorry I'm late. I overslept." I try to explain.

"I don't want to hear it! This isn't the first time you've done this, but it better be the last! I don't come out here to just stand around and wait on someone to show up. I expect you to be here and warmed up by the time I get here. Now, get him warmed up." Marry Kennedy tells me then steps back and watches from the side.

I swings myself into the saddle and warm Cadence up. "Ok." Ms. Kennedy says as she walk towards us. "I want you to push him into the left lead canter from a stop and go around the arena once. Then come down the center, from one of the far ends, push him into a gallop right in the center and do a sliding stop before you get to the other end. Collect and back him up then do a rollback and repeat on the opposite lead."

I gather my reins and slightly push with my right leg. Cadence takes off on his left lead as I guide him around the arena. Once we reach the far end, I guide him down the arena and push him into a gallop in the center. About 20ft from the wall, I sit deep and he does a sliding stop. It's not very good, but he tries. What can you say, he's only been in training for reining for a couple of weeks. I quickly give him a rub then get him to collect and back for a few steps. Then I lay the reins across his neck and he does a very slow rollback, but doesn't stay in place with his back hoof.

"Do that rollback again until he gets it right!" Ms Kennedy yells from across the arena.

I rolls my eyes and try again and again with him to do a correct rollback. Once he does it correct, but slowly, I rewards him with a quick pat then continue with my instructions. I pushes him into a canter again, but he picks up his left lead instead of his right so I stop and try again. This time he picks up his right lead and I guide him around. He does a sliding stop and backup better than the last, but throws a fit when I try to do a rollback. He starts half rearing and crow-hopping, but then calms down and does it correctly. It's now 2:30pm and they've been working for well over an hour. I walks Cadence over to our trainer and wait on more instructions.

"I want you to work on your rollbacks and stops. I have another lesson to do now so I will be back next week the same time and do NOT be late again or you will be finding yourself a new trainer." Marry Kennedy tells me then walks out of the arena, leaving us alone.

I hop off of Cadence and loosen his girth then lead him back to the barn and place him on the crossties, slowly untacking him. Once he's untacked, I groom him and place him on the hot walker to cool down then turn back to the barn to check on my other horses.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:25 pm

bump...
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down