Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Singer (M-Open)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Singer (M-Open) Empty The Singer (M-Open)

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:19 pm

(Quinn: https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/47/76/16/image20.jpg )

I sat on the stool, guitar on my thigh. I smiled a charming smile which made some of the ladies swoon. I was performing at a local bar in LA, not much but it had decent pay. I sighed, my eyes landing on a certain beauty, causing me to freeze for a moment. I was brought back to earth by the spotlight shining onto me. I shook my head a positioned my hand and cleared my head of everything but my music. Then I took a deep breath and began to sing in a near heavenly voice. 

(The song is: Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips and its only played with a guitar and singing.)

Back to top Go down

The Singer (M-Open) Empty Re: The Singer (M-Open)

Post by Lottii Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:57 pm

I stood in the crowd, next to my Dad, smiling. He'd brought me here as a treat, and I was enjoying myself. The small hub of the club thrilled me, my Dad bumping my arm to point at the singer. I nodded and turned my attention, watching curiously. He was singing my favourite song, and I mouthed the the words, swaying, meeting his gaze as it settled on me. I offered a timid smile and a small wave.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:10 pm

I sang until the song was finished and was told another singer was to come. I nodded and got up, bowing slightly as roars and cheers of the crowd could be heard. I smiled lightly at the girl and waved a little before I walked backstage, set my guitar down, and walked back out into the bar. I ordered a Bud Light and watched the crowd, searching for that girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:47 pm

When he'd finished, I'd clap and grinned. My Dad was at the bar, getting quite drunk, and I made my slow way to him. My white body turned different colours under the lights, my black t-shirt overlapped my faded jeans. My t-shirt had read "Music's the language we can write and read but cannot speak." Spotting the singer, I waved, sitting down next to my Dad and murmuring to him with a knowing, secretive half-smile.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:22 am

I smiled; spotting the girl with her father. I got up and walked over, "Hello there. I'm Quinn." I said. I put my hand out for her to shake as my skin continued to change colors from the lights. I chuckled and kept my eyes looking into hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:11 am

Seeing someone approached, my lips twisted into a genuine smile. I'm a friendly girl, not one for biting really. As he introduced himself, I kept my steady gaze level with his. Reaching out, I shook his hand gently, introducing myself. "Hello Quin, I'm Lilly." Bobbing my head, I could see my Dad wink at me playfully, raising his eyebrows twice.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 pm

I continued shaking her hand gently before I realized I was. I slowly yelled away and said "It's a pleasure to meet you Lilly." I kept my eyes straight on hers, not even taking them off at the slam of the drums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 am

I noticed he held my hand for a while, but I was knew in town and didn't know the customs. As he yelled, I bobbed my head back as much to say "Same to you". When I heard the slam of drums, I looked to the stage. It was an open mike now, and my Dad staggered up, shoving my arm. "Go on Lils, have a go!" He nodded to Quinn and embarrassed her. "She's got a real bonny voice."

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 pm

(Crap...I meant to put pulled not yelled...stupid auto-correct)

I smiled and nodded. "I bet she does, why don't you go sing? It's open." I said, tipping my head to the stage. 

((SSS))

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:18 pm

I shook my head, backing up a little. "All I sing is rock.." I trailed off, screwing my eyebrows up over my grey eyes. My Dad called. "We got a singer over here!" And the whole crowd turned to look at me as I stood awkwardly, eyes wide, till I finally managed to stutter. "Er-um-well...."

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 pm

I looked to her and whispered "Do you know, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri? If so ill sing with you if you would like."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:44 am

My eyes flashed to his face and I nodded, replying. "Yea, I know that. Thanks." I let my grey eyes run round the room, watching the faces with a different intensity. Managing to stumble forwards, I gave a good effort to walk steadily, heart pounding, breath sparked. Thoughts, questions, emotions flooded and barred through me.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:17 am

I walked beside her motioning for two microphones to be brought up. As I got her on the stage I walked backstage and grabbed my guitar. I stood behind my microphone and waited for her to signal she was ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:29 am

Glancing sideways at him, I took a deep breath and nodded to him, fear, curiosity and a strange electric pulsed through me as we started the duet. I had only just met Quinn, and I was already in love with the sound of his voice as I stood, a statue, singing softly yet to the best of my ability. I knew I should of chosen a rock song!

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:57 pm

I sang the song softly, strumming my guitar gently to the song. I smiled over at her a couple times, trying to be reassuring because I could near feel her fear.  As the song drew to an end screams and yells rang around the bar. I smiled over at her and nodded "Good job"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:58 am

As the crowd reacted, I stood back, slightly amazed. I had noticed him smiling at me, and had offered a playful, swift wink in return. Catching his smile and eyes, his praise, I nodded. "Thanks, you too."

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:07 am

I smiled a little brighter, making my smile slightly charming. I nodded "Thank you Lilly." I sighed happily, looking into her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:52 am

I noted the slight change in his smile and raised my eyebrows challengingly, walking away back to my Dad after bowing to the crowd. I took out my notepad, scrawled my mobile number on it n my neat, girlish handwriting and put underneath
"Lilly's number, call if you dare!"

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 pm

I smiled and walked off, but didn't follow her. I didn't want her to think I was a stalker or anything. I got another beer and started drinking it, watching the crowd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 am

My Dad's heavy hand clapped me on the back, practically knocking the wind out of me. I had to swallow hard to make sure I didn't spit my Guinness out! I turned to the bartender and asked politely, folding the little note. "Could you give this to Mister Quinn? He's one of the singers here." I got a gruff grunt and a nod in reply. "Thanks." I smiled sweetly before turning to talk with my Dad, my back knowingly to Quinn.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 am

As a gruff man came up and handed me the note I nodded in thanks and opened it. I grinned and walked out of the bar where I would have a better reception. I got in my truck and turned the key, the engine roaring to life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Leading a very drunk dad home, I wondered briefly if he'd managed to get my message. But seeing my Dad trip up the stairs (amazing, right?) it was pushed to the back of my head. Managing to get us both to our flat, I let him be, simply walking to my bed room, stripping, and slipping under my covers. As soon as my head hit the pillows, I was asleep. Only to be woken buy my phone's ringtone.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55 am

I had gone to my house and laid down, not being able to go to sleep I slowly began to think about calling Lilly. I fought with myself about it for a little bit before I decided to call her. I dialed the number on the note and heard it ring. I stayed silent as it rang and rang hoping she would pick up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottii Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Groggily sitting up, I reached for the buzzing mobile and answered. "Hello? Do you know it's five-forty-three? If so, what?" I yawned, stretching one arm above my head, shaking out my wavy hair. Slowly crossing my legs, sleep slowly running from my mind.

Lottii
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:39 pm

I sighed, forgetting the time. "I'm sorry...it's Quinn." I said leaning back awaiting an answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next