Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live For The Night [M] [Reserved]

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Live For The Night [M] [Reserved] Empty Live For The Night [M] [Reserved]

Post by Wolfy Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Live For The Night [M] [Reserved] Tumblr_mm6p9wsRNp1rkib8lo2_500

Melanie

Everywhere we go we're looking for the sun
Nowhere to grow old, we're always on the run
They say we'll rot in Hell, but I don't think we will
They've branded us enough, "Outlaws of Love".

A door slammed, and Melanie's fingers flew to her phone, scrambling to lower the volume of the song that had been playing aloud. "Calm down, Mel, it's only me. I like Adam, too, so don't bother, alright?" The breath left Melanie's chest in a relieved sigh, and she raised the volume to a comfortable level, just in time to hear the last verses of "Outlaws of Love". Frowning, Melanie turned her body to face her room mate. "You're early." She noted, brown eyes gazing at the girl in curiosity. "Professor was called out to help take care one of the trouble makers, so we were released early." Her room mate, Iris, explained, tossing her satchel onto her bed and following it shortly after. Melanie glanced down at her phone, now playing "Helena". "Trouble makers?" She inquired further, eager to know what had happened. "Couple of girls, not sure what they did, but it wasn't good." Iris replied, shrugging her shoulders softly. Melanie absentmindedly played with her snakebite, struggling to come up with something to say. Iris saved her the trouble, standing and approaching the purple haired girl and staring down at her with disapproval. "What are you wearing, Mel?" She crossed her arms, tapping her fingers against her forearm impatiently. "Clothes." Melanie countered, stroking the arm of her shirt defensively. She didn't think the Batman sweater [that she had pretty much outgrown] and floral patterned leggings were all that bad, but judging by the stare of disapproval she was receiving from her friend, it was a big "fashion no-no". 

After being thoroughly reprimanded about her outfit of the day, Melanie was forced to change into her BVB tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans. The Batman sweater had been much more comfortable. Iris dismissed her after that, telling her that she needed to interact with something besides her electronics that day. Huffing with indignation, Melanie reluctantly obeyed, exiting their room and heading off to find the nearest vending machine. With a Monster in one hand and her phone and earbuds in the other, she nearly skipped outside, seating herself by her favorite tree, content to watch her fellow college goers and listen to her extensive playlist until the day ended.  

Iris
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Live For The Night [M] [Reserved] Empty Re: Live For The Night [M] [Reserved]

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Live For The Night [M] [Reserved] 19934982

Shay ran. She ran for her dear life as the cops chased her down, and her friend Nisha. "Gotcha!" The man yelled, his beefy arms grabbing Shay by the arms. Within seconds she was handcuffed, and brought down to the police station, Shay's cold blue gaze drifting as she was shoved into a waiting cell with Nisha. "Aye, are we in trouble." Nisha muttered, Russian accent flowing like silk.

Shay on the other hand, was American, and she had a soft and beautiful voice, but it was cold, and much stronger than Nishas voice. Shay walked back into the buildings of college, black hair flipping graciously over one eye. "Miss Brookson, in here please." The principal ordered, motioning to the library. Shay unwillingly followed him, and a certain blue haired girl caught her eye. Another geek. Shay rolled her eyes at the shorter girl, and then glared at the principal with striking blue eyes. "So, am I expelled, suspended, arrested? What is it?" Shay asked, a sarcastic smirk sprouting onto her face. "None. But as a punishment, you will spend every day here studying. Your grades are dropping, and your attitude sickens everyone." The man replied calmly. Shay groaned. "Why don't you just send me to Brazil?" She muttered, then picked up her skateboard. "You will also spend time in here studying with people who normally hang out it in here. If you are caught doing otherwise, you will be spending the rest of college in my office." He warned. Shay sighed, then accepts the fact that there wasn't many ways out of this. Shay walked away, and sat down on a bench in the library, a few feet away from the blue haired girl. Melanie, was it? "Hey dude. Mind pointing me to the horror section? I want to rent a movie from this hellhole so I have some entertainment tonight." Shay growled to the girl, blue eyes blistering with a cold look.

(Sorry it's not too good. I'm on my phone, and hanging out with friends. But damn, is Shay gonna be fun!)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:31 pm

She remained outside as long as possible, but the Monster had taken effect and Melanie felt the need to start moving. Shoving her phone into her pocket, Melanie setting her steps towards the college, resisting the temptation to dance as Pierce The Veil blasted in her ears. Her purple hair had fallen from the bun she had had it in, and Melanie brushed her shoulder length hair out with her fingers before putting it back up. A student coming out of the library nearly knocked her over, and after exchanging rushed apologies, and several moments of decision making, Mel slipped into the library, sighing with content. The Monster was starting to fade from her system, leaving her comfortably drowsy after the caffeine and sugar high. Selecting a random book, she curled up on one of the benches, immediately starting to read.

The music in her ears prevented her from noticing the arrival of the other girl, and she was assumed the voice she heard was directed to someone else. Until no one responded, that is. Quickly removing one of her ear buds, Melanie whipped her head around, eyes flashing with confusion as she tried to remember what had been said. It took her a bit, but her eyes widened in realization, and she gestured in the direction of the horror section with a sharp jerk of her head. "The science fiction section has some pretty good stuff, as well." Melanie suggested in a quiet voice, running her thumb nervously over the pages of her book, staring hard at the bench between them in order to avoid contact. Biting her lip, Melanie forced her eyes up, offering a small smile before lowering her head to start reading once more.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 pm

"Yeah, whatever." Shay spat, getting up and heading towards the horror section, immediately grabbing a book and sitting back down on the bench. She turned to look at the girl, scrunching her nose up at the book she was reading. "What the hell is that shit?" Shay asked with a sneer, her cold gaze staring at the words on the girl'a book. She brought one leg up, revealing some black and green Adidas hightops, her black jeans scrunching up on the top of her shoes. "Do you hang here every day?" Shay asked, a bit shocked with how anyone could be surrounded by books for so long.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:01 pm

"You're welcome." Melanie muttered under her breath as the girl temporarily departed, slightly shocked by how hostile the girl was. Sighing softly, she brought her knees up, using them as a rest for her book. She was putting her earbud back in when the girl asked the question, and Melanie's eyes widened. The normal response would have been anger, but instead, she felt the dreaded feeling of rejection, and she slumped slightly, blinking to try and clear the burning sensation of oncoming tears. "That shit..." Her voice was slightly shaky, and she tried to shoot the girl beside her a burning look, which was hard since her brown eyes were glassy. "That shit is Stephen King." Melanie finished, turning back to her book and trying to ignore her oh-so pleasant companion. "No, I don't, actually. The internet connection sucks." She responded, taking up her phone in one hand and changing the song to Black Veil Brides "Perfect Weapon", and set it beside her. Clenching her jaw, Melanie returned to reading, the content happiness draining.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Shay just rolled her eyes. "Don't cry, I was just kidding." She groaned, turning her head to look at the girl with interest, then cocked an eyebrow. "Slow internet sucks, I know." Shay replied, her blue eyes meeting the girls brown for a quick moment before she turned her head back. "What's your name, dude?" Shay asked.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:55 am

"Interesting sense of humor." Melanie murmured under her breath, narrowing her eyes at her book when the girl continued to speak. The corner of her mouth quirked into a smile at the agreement about slow internet, and her eyes flicked over to reconsider the girl. "Melanie. What about you?" She responded, turning the page of her book slowly, glancing over the words carefully before she shut it, using her finger as a bookmark. "You obviously don't want to be here, so why are you?" Melanie inquired, tilting her head and staring at the girl with curiosity.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:43 am

Shay snickered, but still rolled her eyes. Shay shifted to sit up a bit better, then narrowed her eyes at Melanie's request for her name. She wasn't one to give her name out to many people. "Shay." She answered simply, the coldness in her voice audible. Shay almost laughed at Melanie's next question. "Well, I had stolen a bunch of shit from a corner store, and the cops went after me and my friend. We were caught , put in a waiting cell for the night, and now I have to spend the rest of the semester studying, or reading." Shay answered.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Melanie raised an eyebrow as Shay explained why she was in the library. "You're probably better off here than risking your freedom out there." She commented quietly, lowering her eyes, unsure on how Shay would react to that. "It's not that bad.. there's some pretty cool people." Melanie added, biting her lip softly as she considered her next words carefully. Her purple fringe slid into her eyes, and she brushed it aside unconsciously. "Besides, the librarian is asleep 90% of the time so you won't be completely trapped."
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Shay rolled her eyes. "I'd rather be shot then hang out in here with a bunch of losers." She sneered, blue gaze blistering with true meaning, her voice intense and strong with irritation. But her next comment made her snicker. "I guess the principal should have thought twice about my punishment." Shay smirked, her dimples visible on her pale cheeks.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:30 pm

"Losers? The last time I checked, losers aren't the ones trying to make a future for themselves." Melanie retorted, biting her tongue sharply the moment the words left her lips. Her eyes shot downward, and she turned her head away sharply, preparing for Shay's possible outburst. Cautiously, she shut her book, unfolded her legs and stood up. With a an almost inaudible sigh, Shay slipped the book back into its place on the shelf, and turned to face Shay. "Have fun." Melanie muttered in goodbye, and started to depart.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Shay sighed. "That's not what I meant, Melanie and you know it." She replied, watching as the girl walked off, leaving Shay alone. Shay just got up, and walked to her room, entering and smiling as she saw her roommate. Shay sat down on her bed, then grabbed the bag of chips. "Well, at least it's Saturday tomorrow. No classes or idiots to boss me around."
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:00 pm

"Found the troublemaker. Or one of them, at least." Melanie informed Iris as she entered the room, tossing her phone onto her bed and flopping down next to it. "Really?" Iris asked, almost not believing the girl. "Yeah. Couple of girls, stole some stuff from a corner store and their punishment is studying." Melanie laughed, smiling as Iris started chuckling as well. "You talk to her?" Iris shut her laptop, scooting it off her lap so she could focus on the conversation. "Yeah. Shay was her name." Melanie quickly changed into her pajamas, and grabbed her laptop from beneath her pillow. "You're coming to the party tomorrow night, right? I finally managed to sync the music and lights perfectly." She quickly changed the subject, running her fingers over the keyboard as her computer started up. "Of course. I wouldn't miss it." Iris assured her, smiling softly. "Have fun sorting the music suggestions."

[Just thought that would be fun :3 We can time skip if you like ]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Shay showed up at the party with Nisha, her usual intimidating look plastered to her face, causing a lot of people to avoid her. "See Connor anywhere?" Nisha asked, stretching to look over many heads. "Nope. There's no sign of that idiot anywhere." Shay replied, taking a sip from her beer. She recognized Melanie though. Shay just turned then joined a couple other friends. Evan and Jasper were their names. Shay started to dance, but didn't feel very occupied. Instead, she just moved away and grabbed her skateboard. Considering the party was outside by a skatepark. Shay skateboarded, going off of the jumps and doing all kinds of tricks.

(Shay is going to be fun.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Melanie was reclining against a ramp, headphones hanging off her neck, brown eyes considering the group of people. The lights were pulsing in time with the music, almost giving the area a night club type aura, just without the smoke and scent of sweaty people. She glanced down at her laptop, which was hooked up to the speakers scattered around, along with the lights, and she quite enjoyed having full power over the fun. Iris bounced over, and whispered a suggestion in her ear, and Melanie grinned, entering the song in the prepared playlist. "Why don't you dance, Mel?" Iris asked, almost having to yell over the music. "I have the coordination of a new born giraffe!" Melanie yelled in reply, dismissing her friend with a wave of her hand. The next song started, the heavy bass making the ground and her laptop vibrate, and Melanie couldn't help but grin. She glanced around, wondering if she'd get anymore song suggestions.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Shay ollied off of her skateboard and approached the DJ set where Melanie was sitting, her blue eyes giving off a bitter, yet mysterious glare in their depths, sure to catch almost anyone's attention. "Yo Melanie! Mind playing Breakout by Miley Cyrus?" She spoke in a demanding voice, the lights reflecting off her pale skin as they flickered, mixing with her aqua blue eyes. Nisha stood at Shay's side, but stayed silent, her green eyes showing an unreadable emotion. Shay simply waited for Melanie's reply, shoving a strand of her black hair back behind her ear, holding her skateboard in the other hand.

(You're a lot of fun to RP with.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Melanie watched Shay approach from the corner of her eye, only turning her head to fully face the girl when she spoke. "There'd better be a remix." She mumbled, eyes darting back to the computer to try and find the song she was looking for. "Normally people ask for songs from 2013 and newer.." Melanie whispered to herself, rapidly clicking through the different versions of the song, narrowing her eyes in frustration. "Ah, fuck it." She growled, hurriedly typing for several moments before she leaned back. "It'll take a few minutes, but I'm basically remixing it with the barest essentials. Nothing professional, just a bit more bass and electronic components. Give them something to dance to." Melanie explained, typing a bit more before looking back at Shay. 

[Aw thanks :3 So are you!]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Shay rolled her eyes at the purple haired girl, muscles tensing a bit. Comments like that pissed the girl off, and when Shay gets pissed, it's like entering hell. But Shay controlled herself and calmly said, "Yeah, I guess. But lots of the music from 2013 or later is very... Cheesy. Miley Cyrus had good music." Shay turned to look at Nisha, whom nodded her head in agreement. Shay smirked as Breakout started playing. She was maybe a feisty badass, but everyone likes Miley Cyrus, right? "Thanks, Mel." Shay muttered unenthusiastically, walking away to go to have a drink.

(Haha, thanks! I try. xD)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:17 pm

"Then you've been listening to the wrong music." Melanie replied, sliding her laptop off her lap and stretching, taking a sip of the Monster that was by her side. She ran a hand through her hair, which was curled slightly and falling loose on her shoulders. Iris was half walking half dancing through the crowd, holding two drinks above her head in an attempt to prevent them from spilling. Melanie watched her struggle for a moment, laughing quietly as the girl nearly fell out of the mass of dancers. "What the hell are you playing, Mel?" Iris asked. Melanie rolled her eyes; Iris had a strong aversion to anything was labeled as 'pop', and Melanie couldn't name a song the girl liked that didn't have screaming in it. "A suggestion." She responded, accepting the red cup and sipping it cautiously, gasping as it burned its way down her throat. "Where the hell did you get whiskey, Iris?!" She demanded, staring into the cup with confusion. "I know a guy." Iris laughed, heading off into the crowd again.

Melanie shook her head. Was Iris trying to make her blackout drunk? They only served the cheap beer at these parties for a reason. Shrugging, she took another sip, relaxing a bit.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:27 pm

"Maybe." Shay shrugged and took another sip of her beer, coming back to where Mel was. "Normally I don't listen to this kind of music, but it brings back some bittersweet memories that I like to keep with me." She growled, looking fiercely into Melanie's brown eyes with her own blue. Shay couldn't help but admire how deep Mel's eyes were, but immediately pushed that thought away, and ripped her gaze from Melanie's. "Ever listen to the band Skillet?" Shay asked curiously.

(Skillet is amazing!!! <3)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Mel's mouth quirked into a smile, and she nodded in understanding. "I see." She acknowledged, her eyes flicking down quickly after she met Shay's. Melanie couldn't help but snort at her question, smirking slightly, "Of course I do." The song faded, changing automatically to a pulsing electronic beat. She caught glimpses of Iris caught up in the crowd, moving fluently to the music, not seeming to mind the lack of personal space. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, Mel downed the rest of her drink, shuddering as the liquid burned its way down her throat. An almost lazy smile formed on her features, and Mel looked over at Shay with a relaxed expression.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Shay snorted it. "Chillax with the sassy attitude, Mel." She had a cocky smirk, but had a serious glimpse in her ocean colored orbs, muscles tensing a bit. Shay sat down on a bench and returns the relaxed expression until an arrogant boy crossed to see Shay. "Want to dance?" He asked, a smug smile forming. Shay got up, and stood 6 inches shorter than the boy, but no fear traced in her glare. The boy grabbed her hand, and only earned himself a punch in the face, kicking him backwards onto his ass. Shay gestured her head to the other side of the room, and off the smugly boy went. Shay smirked with satisfaction.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Melanie perked a brow in question, unsure if she was comfortable with her nickname being used by a girl she hadn't known for more than two days. Shrugging softly, she allowed it, seeing it more as a sign of acceptance than anything. Her dark eyes narrowed as a boy approached Shay, and she started to rise when he grabbed a hold of her newfound friend's hand. She gasped at Shay's attack, and couldn't help but laugh. "Remind me not to make you angry." Melanie teased, settling back down onto the ground, relaxing now that the possible irritation that the boy had been was gone.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Shay turned around, and put on a sexy smile. Of course, that wasn't intentional, but it was sure to dazzle any guy... Or girl. "I don't think you would need to be reminded." She remarked cockily, a bit of sarcastic humor hinted in her strong voice. Shay decided that Mel wasn't too bad. A huge geek, but at least she wasn't am mathlete or know-it-all. She sat back down, the beat of the music felt in her chest. Shay took a quick glance, admiring how she was so comfortable around popular people. Her hair was maybe a light purple, but Shay couldn't help but think it looked good. 'Shut up Shay!' A voice deep inside her head yelled.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Bumparoo
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin