Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Life [R] [Dark**Light]

2 posters

Go down

One Life [R] [Dark**Light] Empty One Life [R] [Dark**Light]

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:11 pm

One Life [R] [Dark**Light] Tumblr_ma8qusAFUj1rdgbgko1_500
Credit

S h a y

"Let's go!" She called to her friends, grabbing the skateboard that rest up against the side of the corner store. Shay placed it quickly on the ground and started skating away down the hill, her friends Nisha and Kayden close behind, doing their best to keep up with Shay. "Stop you thief!" A cop, big and brawny called, chasing after them at his very best. Shay leaned to one side, turning a sharp corner on her skateboard, just barely keeping her balance as one of the wheels hit a rock. She looked behind her for a swift moment, seeing this was her chance to get away. Shay stopped her board, picking it up from the concrete before jumping into a nearby bush, where she would be completely covered. The raven haired girl watched closely as the cop ran by, not noticing her at all. But where were Kayden and Nisha? Shay's heart pace began to speed up, and at that moment it nearly stopped. "Psst." A voice whispered behind her. Shay covered her mouth to stop from letting out a gasp, and turned around to see Nisha and Kayden. "You asshole! Don't just creep up behind me like that, make yourself audibly noticed!" Shay whispered irritably, slapping Kayden's chest roughly. Kayden let out a small wince, and held his chest. "Well sorry. I didn't feel like getting arrested, so we took a shortcut behind the bridge and followed the trail up here." Kayden explained, rolling his eyes at Shay. She just rolled her eyes back, "whatever. Let's just get out of here." Shay then began to move, stepping out of the bush, and looking to see if everything was clear. She nodded for her friends to follow, and together they walked home.

----

In the morning, Shay felt a shove on her side. "Get up you lazy shit!" Nisha snapped. Shay hit Nisha with a pillow, smirking cockily. "Oh, what's the rush? It's just school!" She jeered, rolling out of the bed and to the bathroom. She turned on the water, watching as it sprayed out of the shower. Shay stripped down and practically hopped into the shower, reaching for the shampoo and squirting some into her hand. She lathered it into her black hair, covering her head in foam, before rinsing it out. After her morning shower, she stepped out and wrapped a towel around her, drying her body off rather quickly. Shay dried her hair, then walked into her bedroom still wrapped in a towel. "It's about time. Can I get clean now?" Nisha muttered. Shay rolled her eyes. "Go shower you impatient ass." Shay snapped, but still smiled softly as she watched Nisha close the bathroom door behind her. She shook her head, then pulled open her closet. Shay put on her undergarments, then pulled on a pair of blue skinny jeans she recently got. She picked out a black T-shirt that said "Don't hate cause you ain't." and pulled it over her head, followed by her white and blue hoodie. Shay put on her socks, then her black converse. "You ready Nisha?" Shay called. "Yeah, let's peace!" Nisha replied, walking into the room fully dressed and ready to go. Shay put on her black and blue DC snapback hat on, then followed Nisha out, grabbing her skateboard along the way.

They arrived at school, and Shay sighed. "I'll see you at lunch." Nisha said, then walked off. Shay nodded, remembering that she didn't have her morning classes with Nisha. Shay shrugged and hopped on her skateboard, skating down the hall. But she heard a certain voice, and one very unfamiliar. Shay looked over at the lockers, seeing the no good school's golden boy, Austin Woods, cornering an unfamiliar girl. A new girl, probably. Shay clenched her firsts together, and walked over to the scene, tapping Austin's shoulder. "Hey, asshole!" She sneered. Austin turned around, only to feel a strong fist come in contact with his jaw, making him stumble back into the lockers. He stared at Shay with those sharp hazel eyes, holding his jaw and sneering. "You're going to pay for that." He snarled. Shay glared back into his eyes with her own mystifying blue ones, no fear showing in either orb. "I'm so scared." She boasted sarcastically, then watched as Austin walked away, still holding his jaw. Shay turned to the new girl, raising an eyebrow. "You alright? That douche is always causing trouble for new girls." Shay growled, holding her skateboard.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

One Life [R] [Dark**Light] Empty Re: One Life [R] [Dark**Light]

Post by Dark**Light Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:16 pm

E l i z a b e t h

(Picture)

Elizabeth, teary eyed, moved the last of her bags into her grandmother's car. This was it. She was moving out of her father's home. After years of being abused and neglected by her asshole of a father, Elizabeth finally gathered the courage to do something about it. She was going halfway across the world to move in with her mother and start a new life. She was leaving behind all of her friends in Ireland and taking the giant leap across the Atlantic ocean. It was the middle of the summer so Elizabeth would have some time to adjust to her new life before school started. And Elizabeth was dreading moving to her new school.

--------

Elizabeth didn't attend the first week of school because she wanted to get to know some people first, so her mother kindly took her to one of the school administrators on the start of the second week and explained the situation. Elizabeth stayed silent until she was spoken to. "So who is your first period teacher?" the administrator asked. Elizabeth fished through her bag to pull out her schedule. "Mr. Gensler, AP Calculus One." she said quietly, trying to cover her thick accent. But, despite her attempts, her accent caught the attention of the administrator. "Ah, so you're not from around here. I totally understand your apprehension." the administrator paused, "I'll take you around the school and show you your teachers and introduce you to them so you'll be comfortable and then you can come in for your first full day tomorrow, does that sound alright?" Elizabeth wanted to say no and instead stay cooped up in her room forever, but her mother responded before she could. "That sounds lovely! Thank you so so much." her om turned to look at her, "You know how to walk home, right?" Elizabeth nodded before turning back to the administrator. "Well then, shall we?" they said, gesturing to the doors. Elizabeth stepped outside into the hallway and held the door for the administrator. "Why thank you.... uhm... you know I don't think I caught your name." he said as they walked down the hallway. "Elizabeth. But I would much rather you call me Liz. Or even Beth, for that matter. Just anything but Elizabeth."

--------

The next day, Liz woke up to the awful sound of her phone alarm going off. It was time for school. As much as she didn't want to go, she knew it would be good for her. Kind of... As Liz put on her warpaint (aka makeup,) she mentally prepared herself for the day. She knew she'd have to deal with this at some point so she may as well get it over and done with today. "Beth??" her mom called up the stairs. "WHAT?!" Liz called, slightly annoyed by her mother at this current moment and time. "I'm going to drive you to school today, okay? I want to be sure you have enough time to get to your class today." her mother called. Liz scoffed slightly, just wishing she could curl back up in bed. But such things cannot be. Before she knew it, she was leaving the car and stepping onto the sidewalk that lead to the school doors. Liz took careful steps as she navigated to her first period. She stepped into the classroom and put her bag down before going to walk out into the hallway to fill up her water bottle. As she stepped out of the doorway she ran right into another person. "Oh I'm so sorry." she said, looking up at the person. He smiled at her with a boyish grin before saying "I don't remember you. And with that accent, I'm sure it'd be hard to forget you if you went here. You must be new here." He grabbed Liz's arm and pulled her out of the doorway and into the busy hallway next to the wall. "I uhhh... uhm. My name is Liz." she said, stuttering a bit. She wasn't used to this kind of attention from boys at her old school. "Liz? That's a nice name. My name is Austin. I think I'd really like to get to know you better." he said. Liz could feel herself blushing, after all, this wasn't at all what she was expecting to happen on her first day of school. Liz chuckled awkwardly as she backed up towards a corner. Austin placed a hand on her jaw and another hand on the wall behind her. "I would really like to get to know all of you a little better." Austin moved in closer before he was distracted by another girl. Liz just stood still, almost completely struck dumb as the girl punched Austin square in the jaw. Austin looked, understandably, shaken up before he stormed into the classroom.

Liz glanced at the other girl, still slightly shocked by the girl's actions. "I uhm... I'm not used to this kind of attention..." Liz stuttered, pushing some hair behind her ear and pushing up her glasses. Liz almost walked off into the classroom without introducing herself but then she turned around and said, "I'm Liz, by the way." she paused for a second, "Well, actually it's Elizabeth but I just don't really like that name. So I pretty much prefer anything else so just call me whatever like I don't really care-" Liz continued rambling on for a few seconds before she trailed off and stayed quiet. "I don't really do well in social situations..." she said quietly before turning around to head back into the classroom. God I'm such an idiot. Liz thought, I can't even be here for an entire class period without causing drama and failing at making friends. She was mildly upset but, at the same time, she couldn't help but think that maybe it was fate that lead her here. Maybe she was meant to meet these people and cause this drama. But alas, such thoughts cannot last for long because Liz wasn't much for any of the superstitious stuff. She was more of a science and practicality kind of girl and less of a fate and destiny sort of person...
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Curled up in a hole ready for the cold embrace of death

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Shay tilted her head slightly with a friendly, yet slightly cocky grin. "Well... You're gonna have to get used to it. Most of the guys here are, well.. Not the sweetest, if I've ever met one," she responded, glancing down the hall where Austin had disappeared into the classroom. Sighing and shaking her head, she took time to register the girl's features. Light brown hair, gray-blue eyes, glasses. Shay stood no more than maybe an inch or two taller than the girl, and their clothing styles were anything but similar. When the girl had announced her name, which happened to be Elizabeth, Shay took another second to keep that in mind. Liz, huh? Nice name... The raven-haired girl chuckled a little at the brunette's rambling, leaning against the lockers with her skateboard in hand. "Don't sweat it kid, it's alright. My name's-" Though, she never got to finish her sentence. Liz had left to attend her first class, leaving Shay in the slightly less busy hallway. Oh well... Maybe I'll catch up to her later, or see her in class. She adjusted the strap of her bag, and carried her stuff down the hall. "Math, first class? To hell with that," she growled. Shay never was one to care about her grades. It's not like she had any parents to get on her case about it anyway...
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down