Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply)

Go down

Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply) Empty Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Maria~
I stand at the top of a large sand dune and look down at the five lionesses that stood before me, many I have know since I was a born. Scattered among them were three cubs around six months of age, all of them my half siblings. Today is the day of my fifth birthday and the day I take my place as Queen of Mystery Desert. Of the many cubs that my father had sired I was the only one other then my brother, Kovu, and two other males that made it to adulthood. The three males had been driven from the pride when they was two years old to prevent inbreeding, as many of the lionesses and cubs are realted to each other one way or another. My sister, Safia, was killed by a strange male that challenged my father for the pride and lost, but not before killing a few of the other cubs while the pride was out hunting. The rest had died from starvation or dehydration during the dry season when the herds were gone and most of what little water there was dried up; that year had been the worst. My parent's had been the oldest lions in the pride and had passed on last summer, as they could not go without food or water as long as the others could.

I take a deep breath after taking a few moments to look back on my past and roar loudly. When I finish I look down at the other lionesses who then began roaring in celebration and to show they accepted me as their Queen. I smile softly and flick my tail then calmly walk down then sand dune with my head held high proudly. The other lionesses lower their heads respectively then approach and greet me by rubbing their head against mine and purring happily. After greeting all the lionesses I return with them to the oasis we lived at and climb to the top of a mini mountain that over looked the small pond as the lionesses laid down in the shade of the trees to escape the heat. I lay down on the rock platform and watch the cubs as they play fight near the 7 foot ledge on the opposite side of the water.

Desert Oasis: (The mini mountain is on the far left of the pic and the mini ledge is next to it)
Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply) Desert-oasis-photos3

Last edited by Gold Horse on Mon May 23, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply) Empty Re: Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

~NEXT DAY~

Maria~
I open my jaws in a loud yawn, reviling two rows of dagger shaped teeth then stand up and stretch, unsheathing my razor sharp claws. I scan area with dark brown orbs then, after determining there was no danger, leap down from my rocky perch and saunter over to the pond. I bend down and lap up some of the water then straiten up and perk my ears when I see the lionesses approaching the oasis with a zebra carcass being dragged with them. I walk up the small meadow at the edge of the oasis, the pride cubs eagerly waiting around me. I usually lead the hunts, but since there is no male to watch over the cubs I had to stay behind. I congratulate the lionesses on their successful hunt then all the adult begin eating, the young cubs respectfully waiting until the adult are done. I retreat from the carcass after I have eaten my fill and lie down in the shade on my side under a near by tree so I can take a quick nap.

Last edited by Gold Horse on Sun May 22, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply) Empty Re: Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply)

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 pm

~NEXT DAY~

Maria~
I slowly open my almond shaped eyes and scan my pride to make sure they are all okay. I look over at two young cubs sleeping soundly side by side and sigh sadly. I knew I would have to leave soon to find a new male to rule at my side as king of Mystery Desert. If I waited for a male to come here I would be risking the death of the cubs. I jump down from the ledge I had been sleeping on and walk around to the other side of the lake to where the pride was sleeping. I pad over to my two cousins Bianca and Mia, one pale tawny and the other a bright chestnut color, both a year older then myself, who were also awake. They were sisters, but as different as night and day. Bianca was a rambunctious tomboy while Mia threw a hissy fit every time she got even the tiniest speck of dirt on her coat and spent several hours a day preening herself. The two sisters did have one thing in common, both were both fierce fighters and together they made a formidable team. "Bianca. Mia. I have a favor to ask." The two looked at me with curiosity in their wide golden eyes, another thing they had in common, and simultaneously questioned "What?" I sit down in front of them and say "I assume you two have already figured out that I must leave for a while to find a new king" I wait for them to nod then continue. "I was wondering if you two would come with me." The two grinned and replied "Yeah!" "Of course!" I smile softly at my cousins and nod as I say "We will leave at dusk."

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Simba and Dekan had been traveling for months now, the cub relying completely on her big brother for food. Simba sighed as he ducked down, watching a wounded gazelle try to follow his mate. The lion lept and the animal had no chance. It had escaped a young alligator, who was interrupted while he had hold of the leg, Dekan had seen it all.

The two ate in silence, Simba's ears were perked for any danger, after all, they were far out in the open. "Where do you think the Desert Oasis is?" The young lioness asked, looking at her brother with big eyes. "Near, very near."

They traveled for half the day. And to no avail, the two had to drink from filthy puddles. (By the way, this happens on the first day)

Next Day-

The scent of water reached the dry lion's nostrils. "Ha ha!" Simba laughed in his naturally deep voice. He snatched the cub in his teeth and started on the long run. His rare white little sister squealed with delight as her brother carried her across miles of the terrain.

Simba-

Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiPzVspyWCx-HJ3HZNLAEZhwYu5wYlOUusqIoqhLD3Zk3RqUjv

Dekan-
Maria Takes Her Place As The Queen Of Mystery Desert (Plz reply) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQl3zxfo7kAgQMEfltGQYwkZiyP0-HkiTUhw7I2fUExfl00NHv0Q
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Maria~
I stand back up and look around to see the rest of the pride was awake. I turn away from my cousins and strut over to the lake then bend down as I drink my fill. I return to my full height but freeze when the scent of an unfamiliar male reaches my nostril. One by one the other lionesses and even the cubs became aware of the scent and the young cubs were quickly ushered into a nearby den, that not even the mothers would be able to access. I quickly climb up to the top of the very sand dune where I had become queen and scan the desolate area for the male, with Bianca and Mia at my flanks, the fur on the back of our neck bristling aggressively. I stand tense, ready to fight for the lives of the cubs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue May 24, 2011 9:34 am

Simba slows to a walk as he sees the pride. "Uh...." He murmurs through Dekan's fur. Slowly, he drops he little sister and lays down, letting them know they were boss. "We just came for water." The cub whined and cuffed her brother on the ear with her paw. "Y-yes, that is all we came for. Water." Simba sighed and got up, ready to be rejected, again. "At least give my sister something."
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

Maria~
I watch the large male causiously as he lies down in submission then shift my gaze to the the young cub next him, who could no older then a couple months. I glance over at Bianca and Mia then back to pair and nod "Very well. You two may drink." I then turn around and walk back down the sand dune with my cousins in tow, our fur still standing on end. The other lionesses eye the male untrustingly, growls and hisses rising from the throats of some. After what happened with the last strange male to come here, the females were not pleased to see him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 am

Simba nudges Dekan towards the water, the cub staring at the growling lioness. Simba lowered himself to drink, the cool water trickling down his throat giving him a much more refreshed look. Dekan was the first done and slipped away towards the cubs den unnoticed by her older brother. She poked her head into the den and blinked at them all.

"Dekan!" Simba roars, his head lifted and water dripping from his chin fur. Dekan, longing for adventure, pushes herself the rest of the way in and watches. "OK, you can stay here. I am sure these ladies would mind me snooping around." Simba turned and licked his paw, out of the sigh of his sibling.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Maria~
I sit back on my haunches and watch the pair quench their thirst. A young dark brown lioness, my half sister Duana, steps toward the white cub when she approaches the cubs' den with an aggressive snarl, but stops short with a glare from me. One of the most important laws of the pride is that cubs, even from other prides, are never to be harmed. The punishment for breaking that law was death and she knew it. I turn my gaze to the unnamed male and say "It's fine. She is not causing any harm." My ear twitches when I hear a loud yowl come from the den, the only male cub, Ethan, had attempted to roar. My lips part in an amused grin as I walk over to the den in peer inside to see Ethan growling at the white cub, who was less than half his size, and the two female cubs, Aria and Felicia, hiding behind him. I smile and say "Easy there big guy. She's a friend." Ethan looks at me then glares at the small cub and bounds past her, running to me. I rub my head affectionately against my brazen young cousin's then push him toward his mother and watch him run to her. His two sisters remain in the den, unsure of what to think of the small cub. I turn away from them and walk back to where I had been sitting, deciding to let the three work things out themselves.

Felicia~
I stare at the strange white cub, my wide and unusual blue-green eyes glowing the darkness of the den. My eyes hold two very different emotions that keep me from running after my brother... curiosity and fear. Not fear of the cub, but the fear of the scent of the male that cloaked her own. My bolder sister takes a confident, but not aggressive, step toward the cub and asks "What is your name outlander?" She stands proud with her head held high, while I hide at her side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue May 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Dekan squalled when she was snarled at, but quickly regained her pride. "I am Dekan." She said towads the cub. "My brother and I came only for water."

Simba-

"Dekan! We must be going! I am sure that we are disturbing every one in the pride, now lets go!" He roared and soft as he could.

(Brain dead)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Felicia~
My sister nods then replies "My name Aria and this is my sister Felicia. The brute who just ran away is our idiot brother Ethan." I give a shy smile and say "H-Hi. Where is your pride?" Regaining some of what little confidence I have, I straiten up and step up beside my braver sister.

Maria~
I narrow my dark brown eyes and stand in front of the larger male as I ask "Why is a cub as young as her not with her pride?" I had seen many nomadic males, it was not uncommon, but in my five years of life I had never once seen a cub without a pride, must less traveling alone with a male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue May 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Dekan-

"I went with my brother when he was kicked out by dad." Dekan states proudly. "And mother was killed for disobeying father.... that is why I wanted to leave." She sighs and rubs her cheek against the cub in friendship.

Simba-

"I was kicked out by my father, Dekan followed and mother tried to stop her, but father killed my mother because of it, he said her difference would attract to many males anyway." Simba sighs and looks at the lioness. "It is a wonderful place you live. It pains me to live. But a young lion, save I am 5, like me is probably not welcome."
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down