Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian

Go down

Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian Empty Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Name: Amirah 'Princess, Leader'
~
~
Breed: Arabian
~
~
Coat: Grey
~
Mane: White & Grey
~
Height: 14.2
~
Markings: Bloody Shoulder, 4 White Socks, White Blaze
~
Personality: She usually is very kind, unless she gets pissed off or if she's in a battle, then she's everything but kind. Amirah is a very skilled fighter, which makes her very dangerous in battle. She's an opponent no one would wish to interfere with. Amirah is very fair and loyal. She would give up her life for the good of her rider in a heartbeat. She can be firm with decisions, but always holds to her word.
~
History: Amirah is a true pure blooded Arabian of the Abeyan strain. The Bedouins, wanting to stay on the very powerful Britain's good side, offered King Arthur the mare as a gift for his stables. As a rule, war mares carried no price so Amirah was a most honored gift. To Bedouins no greater gift could be given than an Arabian mare, and Amirah was very special as she is a direct descendant of the original bloody shouldered mare.

~
Pic:
Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian Hanson-standing

The Abeyan Strain:
The Abeyan was quite similar to the Seglawi. It shared the refined look, but tended to have a longer back than the other strains. It averaged 14.2 hands, was commonly grey, and had more white markings that most Arabians

The Legend of the Bloody Shoulder Arabian:
Once upon a time many years ago in the desert of Arabia, there was a Bedouin warrior who owned a very special Arabian mare - a mare he rode into battle and to whom he entrusted his life.
There was a very special relationship, a bond of trust, love and mutual respect. Either would have given his life for the other, In fact, their bond of trust was so strong that the mare often "read her master's thoughts," doing exactly what he needed at exactly the right time, allowing them to win many battles and to be the envy of all Bedouin tribes.
Years passed and one day in a fierce battle the master was severely wounded, falling across the neck and shoulder of his beloved war mare. Although her master was unconscious and she was many miles from home, the mare balanced him across her shoulder, carefully carrying toward home. She... for days without food or water to return her master to his family.
When the courageous mare finally arrived at the encampment, she was exhausted and weak, and her master dead. As the family carefully removed the master's body, they saw that the mare's shoulder was heavily stained with his blood, leaving a distinct red mark on her shoulder. Although they had lost their leader, the Bedouin family was eternally grateful to the mare for delivering his body from the battle. They knew that the long journey had been difficult for the mare, and they were very concerned for her because she was heavily in foal.
As the days passed, the cherished mare received only the best food and care, and she was visited and admired not only by members of the master's tribe, but all the other tribes in the area.
Finally, the time of her foaling arrived, and there was a great concern for the cherished war mare. But when the long-awaited foal was born, he was vigorous and healthy and of exceptional quality. He also bore the identical "bloody shoulder" that his mother had from her master's blood.
It was then that the Bedouin tribe realized that Allah had rewarded this mare and their tribe for their courage, loyalty and faith and that the "bloody shoulder" was a reminder of his favor.
Since that time, hundreds of years have passed, but once in a great while there is a mare of exceptional beauty, quality and courage who foals a very special foal graced by God with the "bloody shoulder." The Bedouins have continued to believe this is a sign of Allah's favor.

Back to top Go down

Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian Empty Re: Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Great choice in background very good I love that story, I had done the story of the five mares in a section of the game with other member's but I did not do the blody shoulder mare. I have a picture down hear showing a gray colt that was inported into England and a painter had painted him beacuse of his blody shoulder it's not very clear but there are many paintings of this colt beacuse of his red mark. If you go to my post in the arabian medow called the pur history the arabian heard Abbas has a part where the lead mare tell's the story. I had used the same you did though. [img]Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian Bloody10[/img]

It's not very clear but hay it was painted a long time ago. Great horse bio. Do you want to use your horse in one of my pot's in Arabian medow?

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian Empty Re: Amirah: The Bloody Shouldered Arabian

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah, I heard about that colt. Thanks. I would, but I'm already using her in Tamless Silence's topic Sheer Cliff Plateau.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum