Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreams.....

Go down

Dreams..... Empty Dreams.....

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Lately I've been thinking to myself, What am I going to be in life? I used to be a really fantastic writer, but then I put down my pencil for at least a year, and when I tried to pick it up again, I realized - much to my great dismay - that I can't really write anymore. I used to dream of being a famous author with tons of published books. A few years before I stopped writing, I read about book rejections, and how they were more frequent than book acceptions. That really discouraged me, but I continued to write. Then, I stopped for a year, although ideas for books continued to pop up once and a while, and I'd write down a paragraph or so, but that would be it for that idea, the paper lost to the recycling bin eventually. I picked up my pencil and paper again and began to write once more, but realized it was becoming extremely difficult for me to even write a good paragraph. It was discouraging to think I may never be able to pursue my passion again. Throughout the year of 2010 and 2011 (or at least what's past of 2011), I've been trying to pick up that skill again. I think roleplaying has really helped be gain back some of that talent I used to weild.
But I think my dreams of becoming an author have taken a hike, and aren't ever to return. That really bugs me, seeing that writinng was my only real talent -- really the only talent I've ever had. My parents say I'm a wonderful singer -- not only my parents, actually. Everybody that's heard me sing -- but I believe people say that so you don't feel bad about yourself. I honestly don't think I could ever make it as a singer. So, what is there left for me in life? I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas of what I may be able to do. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box -- in fact, I received my interem[sp?] a few days ago, and my grades have dropped significantly -- and I need something that will have good pay but is simple. I know I have quite a while before I have to start worrying about these things, but it's really bothering me. Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Dreams..... Empty Re: Dreams.....

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Reading this, I have discovered that you think you have lost your talent to write. Certainly, you haven't. I'm not just saying this because I want you to feel better, I truly mean it. And many of us on here also think, wait not think, know as well. Evidently, you are still as great as a writer as you were when you first started. Perhaps a bit better. I think you are one of the best RP'ers on HorseIsland, and that is one thought that could never change. I love your writing because it is so interesting to read, and it's very unique and creative. Obviously it isn't something you just put together and call a post. You can tell you put much thought into your work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks. That's encouraging.

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Same here!
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player