Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows of the Heart [ R ]

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Shadows of the Heart [ R ]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadows of the Heart [ R ]

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Loki shook his head and tried to smile, deciding it best he not make a snippy comment to what Thor said, for that was all that was coming to mind right now. He watched with slight amusement as Thor took down half of the mead with one swig, Loki instead taking a small sip of the mead. He didn't hate mead, but it wasn't his favorite. He preferred wine, but he didn't drink that very often, either. With a somewhat sour expression, Loki shrugged, "I'm not one to 'enjoy' mead, Thor. I don't enjoy it as much as you, and highly doubt I ever will." Loki shrugged, taking another sip. He studied his brother for a second, his eyes wandering over the other people in the bar. All of them looked to be happy. Even if they'd come in here to drown their sorrows, it'd seemed to already worked. Not a single person wasn't smiling. Except for him. "Thor," Loki said, not moving his eyes to look at his brother. "What enjoyment do you find in this? It smells, it's packed, and it's noisy." Loki said.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

http://otakucastle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Thor took down the rest of his mead and received a refill. He looked down at the other Asgardians in the tavern with a warm smile. He could already feel a slight tingling in his skull, welcoming the very familiar sensation. As Loki asked his question, the god shrugged aimlessly. "It's a sort of thing a warrior gets used to. I have friends here and I enjoy mead so it makes quite the coincidence," he replied, sloshing the drink around in his mug. "Why must you be an introvert all the time? It's not like you couldn't make friends at all; I'm sure there is someone in this kingdom whom you could along with. Someone better than I to be around," Thor said, tilting his head slightly and taking another, smaller sip.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Loki looked down at his mug of three-quarters-of-the-way-full mead, shaking his head at how fast his brother could down a mug of mead. What was that? Two gulps, and he'd finished the whole thing? It was amazing his liver still worked, if he drank like this every night. Ah well. What Thor did with his body was his business - if he died of alcohol poisoning (not that that was likely to happen to a god) it would make Loki's life a lot simpler, and his job a lot easier. He returned his attention back to his brother when he started talking. Something a warrior gets used to, hm? I'm pleased I'm no warrior on the battlefield, per se. More of a warrior of the mind. The thought made Loki smirk a little as he took another drink of his mead. He shook his head a little at his brother's question in response. "Well, for one, I've already tried to dominate Asgard once. People didn't take too kindly to that, so it's amazing that I was even allowed back after all that." Loki held up one finger as if to say 'reason number one.' "Also, I'm the god of mischief. People aren't likely to trust me." He put up another finger. "And lastly, there is no one in Asgard like me, therefore none that I could truly get along with. If we lived separate lives we probably wouldn't be friends. Fate put us together in the form of brotherhood. I suppose I should be thankful I have at least one person to talk to." Loki said, although he wasn't entirely sure he himself meant it. Loki lowered his hand and took another drink, wondering what Thor had to say to that.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Thor took another gulp of mead, listening to his brother's short speech. He nodded, understanding what Loki was saying about no one really liking the god. He shrugged. "I knew there was a witch, Aurora I think her name is, actually had a small run-in eith her once. She calls herself the Enchantress. She's into that magic that you are so easily talented in," the prince responded, slightly happy with his response. He'd known that Aurora had feelings for him, but he was never interested in her. The Thunderer rolled his shoulder, taking another sip of his beverage. "The mead is good tonight," he then mumbled to himself.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Loki shrugged his shoulders halfheartedly. He cared not for making friends, but he may as well entertain his brother's attempts at getting him to be more involved with people...even though he really was quite well on his own. "I made peace, so to speak, with my mentor when I was training in magic. Karnilla, queen of Nornheim. Blah, blah. You know how the story goes. Best sorceress in Asgard, stuff like that," Loki's lips quirked into a smirk. "She was never quite fond of me after I nearly assassinated Balder... I truly do not understand what she sees in him." Loki couldn't help but chuckle. Yes, they still considered themselves allies, and if Loki ever really needed her help for world domination and such, he knew she'd help him without much hesitation, if any at all, but for the most part they stayed their separate paths so nothing would happen to change their current state of affairs. He looked over the rim of his mug at his brother as he mumbled something. Loki fell silent, listening to all the commotion around him. "Ah, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to speak with the woman, although I fear we have too many differences to get along. I'm not, if you haven't figured out, the easiest god to get along with."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Knowing quite well what Loki meant by not being the easiest god to get along with as he'd learned during his banishment from Asgard and during his time being an Avenger. Thor missed his mortal friends to some extent as they all had their differences. He especially missed the Hulk creature, the only formidable member on that team other than himself. Pulling himself out of his thoughts, Thor resurfaced his conscience and looked to Loki with his blue eyes that were starting to get that drunken gleam in them. "Good for you. She might be a fine person to converse with since I don't understand magic in the least," the god said to his black-haired brother of a god. He finished off his second mug and asked for another.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Loki eyed his brother a bit as he continued drinking. Loki wondered what the ratio for their drinks was going to be. What was Thor at now? His second, almost third? And Loki wasn't even halfway through with his first one? Loki wouldn't be surprised if Thor got nearly ten drinks out of the one that Loki was currently working on. He really wasn't much of a drinker...and he was glad for that. Loki needed his soberness if he was going to question his brother. When he met his brother's gaze for a second, he couldn't help but let himself smirk a bit at the look in Thor's eyes. "I'm sure she will be. It will be nice to talk with someone who understands magic and its workings." Loki took another swig of his mead as Thor received yet another mug. "How can you drink so fast, Thor? It can't possibly be healthy for you."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Thor took the freshly-filled mug and took a large gulp before looking over at Loki as the god spoke. "I don't know why I like it, Loki. To be honest, mead is just something that I couldn't live without. If you'd prefer, it would compare to you without your magic," he replied, swirling the drink around in his cup. He glanced over the crowded citizens piled into the hall, smiling at the thought of a bar fight. Those are always so fun, he thought to himself, taking another swig of the beverage.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Loki frowned a little bit. Mead? Being one thing he couldn't live without? It made Loki wonder what was one thing he couldn't live without. Power? Ambition? Magic? Certainly not mead. Or any alcoholic beverage for that matter. He nodded slightly at what Thor said. Yes...Loki didn't feel he'd be much of anything without his magic. It was as much a part of him as his ice-encrusted heart. However, the only difference was he wanted his magic. If it were possible, he could live quite well without a heart. He'd remembered the only time his heart had been broken...and that was when he'd learned what he was. It was the cursed heart that'd made him cry...but that was the first and last time. Loki stiffened, his emotions riffling uncomfortably. He shoved them back down with another swig of mead, staring into the liquid once he'd placed the mug back on the surface of the table. For half a second, he indulged in the thought of getting drunk, just so his ever-working mind wouldn't bother him with the trifling thoughts that were bothering him now. Without moving his head, he glared at the people around him, watching them roughhouse and be loud - unbecomingly loud. Loki glanced back over at his brother, studying the large male. I'd rather not get answers from him rather than be here, Loki thought with a grimace, sighing thickly and leaning back into his chair. "Thor, what are we doing here? This seems like a pointless waste of time."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:33 pm

During the silence between the two, Thor conflicted with his feelings about being king again. He knew it was his destiny to become king of Asgard when his father, Odin, could not perform the duties anymore. He felt so torn between the realm he loved so dearly and where his home and family resided. Taking another swig, the prince begin to think more drunkenly. He let out a random string of slurred words under his alcoholic-laced breath. He heard his brother's question and took a full minute processing the words. "We, I, are here to drink. Not sure what the occasion is anymore," Thor said, making his words form.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Loki sighed a bit and looked over at his brother. It was obvious by the haze in his brother's eyes and the scent of mead on his breath that now lingered more heavily that his brother was definitely drunk. Loki looked down into his mug once more. What number was Thor on? Loki hadn't even managed to make it to his second drink and yet here his brother was, looking like if he had too much more he'd sway right of his seat. Loki shook his head. Oh, Thor. Do you think this is the material of kings? You aren't fit for even the Crown of Fools. Loki took another sip of his drink, not quite sure if he was going to finish his mug of mead or not. It looked like Thor was ripe for questioning. He rose a brow at Thor. Maybe he didn't need work-related answers right now... He could go for having just a bit of fun with getting some of Thor's real thoughts - if the rumors on alcohol making people more honest were true. "I thought we were here for brotherly bonding," Loki said, smothering a wicked grin that threatened to form. "And I thought you were going to tell me something? What was it about, again...? I don't remember exactly. It had something to do with the succession to the throne. Do you have any idea what it was, again?"
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Finished with his third drink, the prince asked for another one, grasping the mug in his hand tightly as he took a swig. Wiling his mouth off slowly, he smirked at Loki's question. "I wanted to tell ya how I don't want to be the king," he said softly, burping loudly. "I rather sit in here drinkin' my guts out," he chuckled, raising the mug to his lips and taking another gulp.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Loki grinned at the answer he was given. Oh, he certainly didn't doubt that Thor would rather be in here 'drinking his guts out,' as he so bluntly put it. That, or his brother would be down on Midgard with the mortals, and with Jane in particular. Loki shook his head, "Oh, of course Thor," Loki said, mustering up some false sincerity, "It's such a hard job, is it not? You'll have so much on your plate..." Loki frowned, "You won't be able to see Jane anymore. Have you ever possibly considered giving the throne to someone else? Someone who has no one to lose by being king?" Loki asked, spinning his mug aroun on the tabletop.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Thor looked into his mug and studied the contents subconsciously. "Giving up Jane would be so, so hard," he said, searching for any unrealistic hope falsified in that statement. "I mean, I have thought about asking father to give you the throne to be honest. He just won't accept it though," he muttered, more to himself than to Loki.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:33 pm

"I realize this," Loki stated sympathetically, patting his brother's hand as if to say he understood. He was th master liar, yes, but when Thor was drunk like this Loki felt as if he were playing a child's game with the little lies he gave. He could probably state his exact intentions for Thor and his intoxicated brother would probably not even fully understand it. When he continued, Loki's amusement died rapidly. "Ah. I see. He won't, will he..." Loki muttered. Can't have a Frost Giant on your throne, can you, 'father?' You're always getting in the way. You're a blind man to think Thor can rule better than I! Loki bristled with anger but tried to force it down by drinking the last bit of mead in his mug. "I don't see why," Loki said eventually, louder this time, then fell silent again before changing the subject, "Do you feel you can trust me, brother?"
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Thor swirled the mead in his cup around momentarily before swallowing another mouthful. He nodded slightly when Loki asked about their father. "Yeah, I trust you, Loki," he replied, swallowing again. "Why do you ask?" The god was too busy with his drink to even notice his mindless question. Of course he trusted his brother, just not with his unquenchable thirst for power.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Loki smirked at the response he was given. Oh, it was good news that his brother trusted him. Very good news. It was good news even though it proved Thor's naïvety and his foolish, foolish brotherly love. Maybe at one point Loki had loved Thor, but he couldn't truthfully say he did anymore. It might hurt his brother to know that, but he couldn't bring himself to care. How could he ever truly love the one person that was getting in the way of him proving his worth? He only wanted to be Thor's equal, but Thor constantly pushed him back underneath his shadow and Loki wouldn't tolerate it any longer than he had to, and his patience was wearing thin. Nobody could reach him anymore. He was too far gone for love and he knew it. He didn't mind it, but he knew it. He hoped Odin suffered knowing that everything that was to happen was entirely his fault. He hoped Odin knew he'd failed miserably as a father. Loki took the second mug that was handed to him even though he had no intentions of drinking it. He already had a slight buzz in the back of his head and he really didn't want to make it any worse. He could not afford to let liquor bring him to honesty. He shrugged a bit at Thor's question, "I'm just wondering," Loki said offhandedly, running his index finger around the rim of the mug. "It just seems to me that father doesn't trust me, so it's nice to know that at least my brother does."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm

"If I had the choice, you'd be king," Thor said upon Loki's own answer. He took another swig of the mead, closing his eyes momentarily to throw off the dizziness the god was experienced in. "Maybe we should be getting home," he mumbled to himself, straightening up in his seat. He looked at his brother through alcohol-filled eyes and smiled. "Sid I ever tell you that you look amazing, brother?" Thor asked stupidly in his drunken state.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Loki smiled a bit at the answer given, a slightly genuine smile, but it did have an underlying hint of 'at least now I know that you don't really want to be king.' It wasn't necessarily a weakness, but he could plant the seed of doubt in numerous places because he was absolutely certain that Thor didn't really want to be king now. Good knowledge, good knowledge. He watched his brother as he closed his eyes, half-tempted to take the mead away from him. It wasn't that he necessarily cared all that much if Thor passed out cold on the floor, he'd just rather not be seen with him while he did so. Getting drunk was Thor's thing, not Loki's, and he'd prefer to keep it that way. He pushed his own mug of full mead away from him and nodded, "Yes, perhaps we should," Loki said, moving to get up from his seat. He sure as Helheim hoped he didn't have to support Thor on the way back, for his brother was a hundred or so pounds more than he was, and Loki was definitely more lanky than his brother, so that wouldn't end well no matter how one looked at it. He paused, halfway straightened from getting up, when Thor spoke again. His eyebrows rose a bit and he stared at Thor for a second, trying to process what had just come out of his brother's mouth. It was definitely the last thing he'd expected to hear from his brother. "Uh, no, you haven't," Loki said after regaining his composure, standing up completely, "But I think you're right, it's time to head back to the palace... Can you walk on your own? At least...a little bit?" Loki asked, eying Thor, quite unsure if the answer was going to be yes or not.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Thor nodded slightly and stood on his legs too quickly, losing his balance and falling, fortunately for Loki, back into his chair. "I can walk, brother, give me a second," he said and stood again, managing to stay on balance this time. "I'll let you lead back." Thor leaned against another stool to support his large mass of a body.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Loki shook his head when Thor tried to get upset, instinctively backing up a few steps when Thor looked as if he was going to fall. He sure as heck wasn't going to try and catch that mass of a god. That would not end well for him. He gave a knowing smirk, Yes, that's it, Thor. You can definitely walk by yourself. You can't even stand up on your own two feet without falling over, you giant oaf. He waited until Thor stood up again, still keeping himself at a safe distance, preferably to keep all his bones in tact. He watched with squinted eyes, skeptical that Thor would be able to keep himself on his feet, because there was no way he was going to be able to help Thor back to his feet if he fell down on the road back to the Palace...which seemed rather likely, unfortunately. He nodded slowly when Thor said he'd let him lead him back, "Yes, that's probably wise," Loki said before turning and glancing at the still-packed mead hall. If his eyes didn't deceive him, it seemed it was even fuller than when they'd first come in here. Was that even possible? How many people could the bar hold? With a centering breath, Loki began to make his way through the crowd, looking over his shoulder every now and again to make sure his brother hadn't toppled over.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Thor had a drunk grin on his damp face, stumbling after his brother. Not much help would be aquired if the prince's feet feel out from under him. He, somehow, managed to follow Loki out of the hall, taking a deep breath of the crisp air.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 pm

When Loki finally made it out of the bar he felt extremely uncomfortable. So many drunk people invading each others personal space without a care in the world, breathing alcohol-ridden breath in their faces and laughing loudly, rudely, their voices hoarse no doubt because of talking so loudly just to be heard. Loki shuddered slightly and shook off the invisible contamination from his shoulders and arms that he could just feel creeping underneath his skin. That was certainly the last time he went there. If Thor wanted to drink with him again, they were doing it in the sanctity of the palace, in the dining hall, with refined drinks such as wine. They had mead at the palace, too, so why go and mingle with the drunken citizens? Loki sighed, looking over at his brother and also taking in a breath of the fresh air, "I will never understand your love for that place," Loki said with a hint of disgust in his smooth tone. "Either way. Let's go home. And you'd best not fall down." Loki said, eying Thor once more before setting off at a slow walk, not wanting to be too fast for his drunken sibling.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Thor ran a hand over his face and hair, standing up straighter. He was already missing the ruckus of the hall even though they were still outside the building. "I like it because of the mead. It's real friendly," he mumbled, looking down at the street as he followed Loki with slight trouble. His visit blurred, causing him to walk all over the wide road. "Ha, I won't fall," the prince said belligerently as he tripped but caught himself. "See?" He asked proudly.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Loki shook his head. Like that was a reason he was going to accept. Friendly? Ha! That place was full of drunks waiting for their honesty to come spilling out of their mouths. Personally, Loki didn't want to know what they talked about while they were drunk. There was not a single doubt in his mind that some of it was about himself, and that none of it was positive. It's just the way the world worked. He turned his head a little bit so his brother wouldn't see the grin spreading across his face. Not for long, though, will they think of me as the evil one, Loki thought to himself as he continued walking, looking over his shoulder to see his brother meandering everywhere. He was thankful not too many people were out wandering the streets right now, otherwise they might just have to avoid running into a 600 pound monstrosity. He rolled his eyes when Thor tripped but caught himself. He slapped a hand against his forehead as he paused in his stride, rubbing his eyes with his thumb and index finger. "Yes, I see Thor. You're like a baby taking its first steps." He muttered the last part to himself before walking again, eager to get to the palace and drop the said 'baby' off in his bedroom. Good luck to the brute hauling himself up the stairs.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next