Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least I'll Die with a Name [M-R ~ Wolfy]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

At Least I'll Die with a Name [M-R ~ Wolfy] - Page 3 Empty Re: At Least I'll Die with a Name [M-R ~ Wolfy]

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Nora

Nora's brows perked at his reply and she smiled a bit wider at their new-found common interest in music, curiosity stirring wildly at the pit of her stomach and influencing her tongue. "Ohh, so you're a musician," she remarked as she gave a glance to the ground before looking back at Aaron and smiling brightly, "What kind of instruments do you play?" The thought about the chance of him playing piano scampered across her mind quickly, but she managed to banish it as quickly as it come. "Psychology." The word came out quiet, her brows furrowing in irritation at herself as she hoped he'd been able to hear it. Her eyes flicked up to land on the bookstore, which was but footsteps away now, and couldn't help but grin in anticipation as they decreased the distance between them and her longed-after book.

Back to top Go down

At Least I'll Die with a Name [M-R ~ Wolfy] - Page 3 Empty Re: At Least I'll Die with a Name [M-R ~ Wolfy]

Post by Wolfy Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Aaron

"Pretty much." He agreed, shrugging subtly. "Guitar, keyboard, violin. Tried the drums, but that is a story for a later date." Aaron told her, an embarrassed smile forming at the memory. He moved ahead of her slightly to open the door for her. "Psychology, huh? A friend of mine majored in that a while back." He motioned for her to enter with an over exaggerated motion of his hand, holding back a smile as he did so. Aaron removed his other hand from his pocket to run it through his hair, playfully winking at Nora as he did so.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Nora

Nora suppressed a chuckle at Aaron's expression, biting the inside of her lip to keep from doing so, eyes trailing after him for a moment as he opened the door before they dropped to the ground. The sound of his voice caused her to lift her gaze once more to see him give an overdone motion for her to enter, dipping her head as she began to make her way into the book store, smiling, a hand raising to her forehead and pausing mid-salute as she caught eye of his wink. Snapping her hand back down to her side, she booked it inside, practically feeling her face burst to flames. 3 times. Releasing a slow sigh, she willed herself to toss a smile at Aaron before vanishing into depths of the isles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Aaron

Aaron tilted his head at her slightly started reaction, and he couldn't help but smirk as she quickly entered the store. He slipped in after her, letting the door shut slowly behind him as he watched her disappear into the aisles of books, chuckling softly to himself. Unhurriedly, he pushed off of the door frame, trailing after Nora with the slightly smug expression still on his face. You're supposed to be looking at books, not teasing the girl. Aaron reminded himself. Rolling his eyes, he turned, heading down one of the aisles, looking over the books slowly, occasionally taking one off the shelf and examining it.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Nora

Nora rubbed a hand over her face, irritated with herself, as her eyes skimmed over book title after book title, brows scrunched lightly with a finger pointed absently at one book then to another. It'd taken a few moments to find "Blood Song", but as soon as she laid her eyes on it, her heart nearly bounded from her chest, a gentle smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she pulled it from the shelf and admired its cover, switching it from back to front a few times before lifting her eyes in search of Aaron. She made her way back toward him, eyes drawn to her book momentarily then rising to his. "Find anything?" she asked, grinning softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Aaron

It didn't take him very long to find something that struck his interest. A book called 'City of Bones', and he smiled as he skimmed over several pages. He looked up from the book when Nora spoke, nodding in response to her question. "Yeah. I think I have a series ahead of me, since this is 'book one'." Aaron gestured to the shelf, which held some of the other books in the series. Biting the inside of his lip, he lowered the book, "Wanna keep looking, or are you good?" He asked, grinning slightly. Shifting his weight, Aaron absentmindedly shoved his free hand in his front pocket, glancing around at the books beside him with mild curiosity.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Nora

Taking a glance down at the book in his hands, she couldn't say she recalled its name, but had to admit it did seem a tad intriguing. At the sound of his question, her eyes lifted, and she nodded, raising 'Blood Song' in gesture. "I think I'm set," she replied, still smiling. "Ready?" She inclined her head towards the register.

[oh geez.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Aaron

"Yeah," He responded, and set his steps towards the register. He slid the book towards the cashier, and quickly dug his credit card out of his pocket and handed it to the man. "For both books," Aaron told him hastily, before Nora could object. He looked at the girl out of the corner of his eye, smiling mischievously as the cashier rung up the books.

[I think we need a bit of excitement. Any ideas?]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm

[He could be confronted by other vamps, maybe? About the killing.]

Nora

Nora strode alongside Aaron to the register, lowering the book onto the counter, but paused before she was able to set it down as the man quickly told the cashier he would be covering both books. She gave him a look, eyes squinted as she sent him a half-playful glare. Am I going to have to keep track of what you buy me? she thought, leaving the words unsaid. Growing up in an orphanage, she couldn't say she was used to people buying things for her. Not that it didn't feel nice. "You didn't have to do that," she insisted quietly, watching the cashier as he began to ring up the books, smiling a faint, faint smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Aaron

He accepted the books from the cashier, handing Nora's book to her as he turned to face the girl. "But I wanted to," He assured her, his smile softening into something a bit kinder. "Besides, I'd like to see you and try to stop me." Aaron added, and started backing up towards the door, spinning around about half way there. "You coming?" He called over his shoulder, reaching to open the door for her. Aaron was out on the street, holding open the door when he was shoved roughly into a wall, the air leaving his chest at the sudden impact. He gasped, blinking and trying to bring the face in front of him into focus. It was a vampire, he could tell that, but it was one he didn't recognize. Just the strength he was being pinned to the wall with was enough to tell him that. The dyed red hair, almost kiwi green eyes and handsomely structured face was foreign to him, and Aaron tried to struggle away, baring his teeth at the strange vampire. "Get the hell off me!" He hissed, pushing at the arm that was pressed against his collar bone, shoving the man back. Grinding his teeth, Aaron moved backwards to shield Nora, his dark eyes fixed on his attacker. For the first time, he noticed the second vampire. This one was slightly shorter, with a casually styled blonde mohawk and incredibly dark brown eyes. "Were you there?" The redhead demanded, tensed and ready to trap Aaron again if need be. "Where?" Aaron responded, confusion flashing in his eyes. The redhead narrowed his eyes, as if saying "You know where." He mentally cursed himself as the realization dawned on him, and he shut his eyes tightly, shaking his head. Reluctantly, he moved closer to the redhead vampire, hissing a few words into his ear before returning to Nora. "We should really go." He told her quietly, walking backwards and pushing her with him. 
[Excitment helps quite a bit]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Nora

After getting handed her book, Nora looked after Aaron, a brow raised in amusement at his challenge. She opened her mouth to shoot back a smart-ass comment, but was put into silence at his question, giving a nod before trailing after the man, book clutched tight in her hand. As she walked out the door, it held open courtesy of Aaron, she smiled in thanks, it fleeing from her features as soon as he fled from her sight with the huff of a breath. She hastened from the building to see he'd been pinned against it, a snarling redhead pressing an arm against his collarbone. Nora immediately tensed and her fingers seized 'Blood Song' in a death grip so hard all color abandoned her knuckles. Her mind ran rampant with possible causes of this scenario. Enemies? The had definitely been the most prominent notion, but she soon decided it'd be best not to assume. She eyed the three, watched as Aaron backed up to stand between her and the other two, and listened to the confrontation, brows furrowed slightly, only drawing together tighter when Aaron had muttered something incomprehensible into the redhead's ear. Mimicking his movements as he backed up, Nora sneaked a quick glance at the two other men from over Aaron's shoulder, saying just as quietly, "You think?"

[I'll say.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Aaron

He spun around, placing his hand in the small of her back to propel her forward. "Any idea what they were talking about?" Aaron asked, glancing back at the vampires, his shoulders slumping forward in relief as he saw them reluctantly retreating. "Are you alright?" He added, hurriedly giving her a once-over to check. After several moments of walking, he realized he still had his hand on her back, and quickly yanked it away. Sighing softly, Aaron forced a weak smile onto his face, "Could've been worse, right? This is a big city, it's not all that uncommon, I guess." Aaron had to meet those two that night, and dread pooled in his stomach just at the thought of it. He'd have to convince them it hadn't been him who had killed the man, had only discovered it. Biting his lip, Aaron glanced over at Nora, shrugging in a 'what can you do?' way. "I just wanna know what he meant by 'there.'" He muttered. Lying to Nora wasn't his favorite thing to do, but he couldn't exactly explain it all to her.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Nora

Nora complied with the pressure of his hand at her back and began walking, shaking her head at his question. "No clue," Nora replied, giving a lingering glance at Aaron as she furrowed her brows. And the fact she hadn't known had annoyed her immensley. She allowed herself to slip into concentration, and had almost become so lost she missed his question. Following his eyes, her gaze quickly dropped to skim herself, afterwards resting on the ground as she tucked a bothersome strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm fine," she answered, and smiled briefly in silent appreciation of his concern, "Are you? KInda looked like it hurt." She had forgotten about his hand up until the time he yanked it away, tensing only momentarily, and nodding at his comment. Taking a glance up in the direction they were heading, she found herself on a street she'd only been on a few times, though she hadn't really cared. Her legs urged herself to keep walking, regardless of destination. Her eyes pulled up to Aaron's face and studied him for a moment, head tilted slightly to the side. "That'd make two of us."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Aaron

Aaron ran a nervous hand through his hair, but a smile still appeared on his face when she assured him she was fine. He glanced over his shoulder once more, still feeling a bit paranoid. "Wha-, oh yeah, I'm fine." Aaron responded, rolling one of his shoulders absentmindedly at the recent memory. "I'm tougher than I look, y'know." He teased, bumping her with his elbow gently, dark eyes squinting as he grinned at her. Slowly, he realized that he didn't know where they were going, and his gaze straightened to the direction in which they were headed. "Any idea where we're headed?" Aaron asked, glancing over at her in question. "More importantly, what next?" He was eager to try and get his mind off the recent confrontation, and since he was with Nora and it was still too early to visit his favorite club, he considered a new activity a very high priority. Gripping his book a bit tighter and crossing his arms, Aaron lowered his eyes to the ground, awaiting her reply as he tried to think up anything that they could do.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Nora

A smile spread across Nora's face as Aaron teased and nudged her, shaking her head as her eyes drifted down onto the concrete, occasionally catching a glimpse from her walking feet from her periphery. Her gaze raised at his question, briefly scanning their surroundings before replying with a simple, "Nope." She thought over his next for a second, expression brightening in remembrance.  There's an arcade not too far from here, I think," she answered, fingers tapping momentarily on her book as she sorted through her memory for its location, "It just down the street and to the right." Her eyes sparkled and her lips drew in a smirk before she added, "If you're up for the challenge."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Aaron

His head snapped up at her mention of an arcade, hard and fast enough to make him wince. A mischievous smile formed, and he fixed her with an equally playful eye. "You're on." He quipped, obviously eager for the challenge. Aaron sped up a little, only pausing to glance slyly back at Nora, throwing a wink at her and gesturing for her to speed up a bit. He felt the sense of dread lightening, and couldn't stop the genuine smile that spread across his face, the familiar feeling of excitement taking its place. Spending time with someone as lighthearted and enjoyable as Nora was a definite improvement over his usual company, which usually consisted of much older vampires or temporary flings with humans. The latter tended to be more enjoyable, anyways, since his "elders" were no better than wolves when it came to the whole dominance and submission situation.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Nora

Giddiness stirred inside Nora's chest at his evident excitement about the arcade, more than happy to welcome the long-time-no-feel (and slightly childish) emotion with open arms, as shown by a broad smile she wore from ear to ear. Her eyes trailed after Aaron as he made his way ahead of her and halted to throw a wink over his shoulder, bracing for a wave of redness to smack her in the face, though it didn't come. Mentally praising herself, she hastened to his side and matched his speed, along with the eagerness in his face. It'd been years she last been to an arcade; she used to sneak out from the orphanage some late nights and consume herself in playing arcade games, feeling a sense of control as she jabbed at buttons and yanked a control stick in every which way, and swelling with pride she saw her initials beaming from the high scores list. It kept her grounded. Her heart pumped with eager anticipation as they grew close, and her gaze flickered up at Aaron in eager anticipation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Aaron

He set his eyes on the arcade, the flurry of excitement flying around him like a caged bird. The last time he had visited this arcade was with an old friend, and he couldn't help the wave of nostalgia that washed over him. Much to his relief, the familiar sadness that usually accompanied the feeling was absent. That 'old friend' had been human, and despite his desperate pleas, he hadn't been permitted to turn his companion, resulting in Aaron having to end the friendship he had deemed endless. Mentally smacking himself over letting those thoughts permeate his excitement, Aaron nearly flung open the door, nearly bouncing between his heels and toes as he followed Nora inside, eyes shooting from game to game, taking in the room with the same childish avidity as a twelve year old. Almost wiggling with anticipation, he glanced over at Nora, meeting her eyes and grinning at the girl with alacrity.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Nora

Nora's eyes took in the sight of the arcade greedily, her blood now screaming with anticipation, gaze flickering from button-mashing kids beating on machines with flashing lights, a few teenagers simply meandering around the arcade, and finally made its way to settle over to something that hitched her breath; an unattended Mortal Kombat arcade game. Before her mind could decide if what she saw was real, she found herself in front of it, fingers moving admiringly across its buttons as a broad grin smacked itself onto her face. She gave a glance to Aaron and shifted into a fighting stance as she gripped onto a control stick. “Get over here,” she quoted Scorpion, voice melodramatic, as she motioned enthusiastically for the man to come over, smiling wide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Aaron

Aaron gazed around the arcade with something akin to wonder, and he was too deep in his examination to notice Nora's departure. His dark blue eyes were darting rapidly from machine to machine, the excitement shooting through his veins. Aaron looked instantly to Nora when she spoke, and he darted to her side, laughing happily. His hands flew to the controls. "I can't tell you how long it's been since I've played this." Aaron said breathlessly, quickly running a hand through his hair as he looked over at her. "Why didn't you think of this earlier?" He teased, still smiling like a little kid.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Nora

"Less talking, more fighting," Nora replied just as playfully before popping a few coins into the game's slot, enough to pay for them both, and smiled widely as the machine beamed with the start of the game,a childish giddiness that stirred restlessly within her chest nearly making her laugh with joy. Without a second thought, she selected Scorpion, eager to face off with Aaron. Let's see what you're made of, tough guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:57 am

Aaron

Aaron could feel a smirk creeping onto his face as she spoke. He chose Sub Zero out of old habit, and lowered himself slightly into a more comfortable position. "Ready to lose?" He jested, readjusting his grip on the controls. Looking around the arcade carefully, Aaron inaudibly sighed, wishing he could just relax completely and enjoy himself. This was as close as it was going to get. 

[Sorry this took so long >.< Lots of things going on]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Nora

"Funny choice of last words," Nora threw back just before the screen illuminated the word, "Fight!" And it was on. Her fingers jabbed relentlessly at the buttons, Scorpion throwing a flurry of kicks and punches, and her hand yanked around the control stick like it was its job. Eyes narrowed, her jaw tensed, and the expression on her face was made of pure determination, and an overly excessive amount of concentration.

[No problem, I can relate. ^^ by the way, who's gonna win this?]

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:48 pm

[She can] 

Aaron

He took a more calm approach to the game, lazily maneuvering Sub Zero, managing to dodge most of her attacks at first, clearly underestimating the girl. His cockiness slowly began to fade, and he started putting more effort into his dodging, eyes narrowed. "You're better than I thought you would be." Aaron chuckled, glancing over at her, which proved to be a mistake and it soon became clear he wasn't going to win. His eyes narrowed, and he visibly tensed, though it was obvious he was trying not to grin.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:11 pm

[Two months later, & I get this up. I'm so sorry. I haven't been in the best mental state as of late. I'll try to get up a reply for Enjoy the Ride.]

Nora

Nora had been so caught up in the frenzy of her button mashing to know she'd only defeated him as the words "Finish him!" ordered from the screen, Sub-Zero looking dazed and off-balance. She hadn't hesitated in abiding, Scorpion performing his final move on Sub-Zero before he & Nora were proclaimed victorious. A wide grin broke the concentrated expression on her face as she half-turned to Aaron, blowing on her knuckles, saying, "Still got it." Turning fully towards the man, she smiled a bit bigger, raising her hand for a high-five. "Been a long time since I've played that," she said, still feeling the rush of adrenaline within her veins, "Thanks for the game. You weren't half bad."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum