Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi)

2 posters

Go down

A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi) Empty A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi)

Post by Daydreamer Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 pm

"Mommy, I hear them again..."

"It's alright, they can't hurt you"

"I know...but they scare me...."

The crackle of fire and the thick smell of smoke awoke Skye as she drag in a raspy breath. She immediately began to cough violently. She opened her eyes doubling over in bed. She looked around, there were flames everywhere. She coughed again as she slid out of bed and onto the ground, everything was hot. She slithered across the floor, coughing again. She entered the hallway, "Mom! Dad! Where are you" she cried out, tears were sliding down her face. She had never been so scared. A figure appeared in the doorway, the women from the basement. She looked sad, Skye looked at her desperately, "help me" she whispered. The figure nodded and held out a hand. Skye started to crawl towards her passing her parents closed door. She sat up, pressing her hand to the knob. It was flaming hot and as she brought her hand back to her the moment she touched it. She looked at the women again, who closed her eyes and shook her head. Skye let out a sob, but left the door continuing to crawl. A loud CRACK resonated through the house. She looked up, and a piece of wood fell from the ceiling covered in flame and onto her leg. She let out a loud scream of pain. She tried to tug her foot free but with no use. She looked for the women again but she was gone. Skye screamed again, "Help!" her vision started to black out, just as more figures came into the house. Clad in orange and yellow. She closed her eyes, ready to greet the darkness.

"Earth to Skye! Earth to Skye! Hello? Man where'd she go...again?" Skye's friends voice entered her thoughts and she shook her head looking at her friend Amy, who had an eyebrow raised. "Did you even hear anything I just said?" Skye smiled, "of course I did!" she said quietly. Amy rolled her eyes, "no you didn't...I said that Mac finally asked me out, after all this time! Can you believe it?" Skye couldn't help but let out a small laugh, "Yea actually I can" she said. Amy looked at Selena, who was happily munching on a sandwich and reading a book beside her. "You know? If you stopped hiding behind all that hair, I bet you could get a boyfriend too." She said slyly. Now it was Sky'e turn to roll her eyes, "No, leave my hair out of it...look I have to go to the library pick something up, I'll see you guys later" Selena waved absentmindedly and Amy just shook her head.

Skye walked through the hallways of the school, her head low. She heard a loud bang, and stopped in her tracks and looked for the source of the sound. Nothing, the hallway was eerily empty. No..not again she thought to herself. She started to walk faster, she didn't want to be here. She didn't want to see his face again. She felt her chest constricting as it always did when she began to get nervous. It had ever since that fateful day. She reached into her bag for her puffer but when she raised her head, she saw his face. She let out a small scream and took a step back. His face, his melting skin hanging over his head made her want to be sick. "Stay away from me" she said quietly. "Child...you must help me" Skye shook her head, and raced past him trying to get to the library, once she got next to other living people most ghosts stayed away from her. She raced through the hallways her backpack flying behind her, the coughing started and she had to stop and bend over as it shook though her body.

Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi) Empty Re: A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi)

Post by Tayssi Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:46 pm

"Hey, Jagger, wanna go out and do something tonight?" a voice called down the hallway. Jagger stopped and turned around only to see one of his self-proclaimed friends, Andrew, running towards him, waving and yelling like a moron. Jagger groaned and shook his head, "no thanks, I have other stuff to do tonight," he lied, continuing down the hallway, hands in the pockets of his jeans. "Oh come on, man. You never have plans," Andrew whined, slowing down to walk next to him. "Well, I do tonight," he said roughly. Andrew huffed in annoyance but then grinned and ran off, calling to some other guy to go out tonight.
Jagger shook his head with a sigh and turned to walk down another hall. Within two minutes, Jagger heard someone let out a small scream. Looking around, Jagger was unable to find the source of the sound and continued down the hall. Not too much later, a girl was running down the hall, towards him. He stepped to the side to let her pass, but before she did, she was doubled over, coughing and wheezing.
Jagger instantly rushed to her side, asking, "are you alright? What's wrong?" he straightened himself for a minute and looekd down the hall to see what or who it was who was chasing her, but he saw nothing. The scream must've come from her. So what had happened?

(oh. my. gosh. I just had a total mind blank at the end of this so so sorry >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi) Empty Re: A Gift? Or a Terrible Curse. (Tayssi)

Post by Daydreamer Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:31 pm

The moment the guy had seen her and come towards her Skye felt even more panicked. The man had followed her even here, he seemed like he didn't care that there was another boy here with her. Skye started to stop coughing, her lungs were still constricting and her voice raspy. She shook as the man stuck his face into hers, "only you can help me..." he said as another part of his face started to slide off. Skye couldn't help but sinking to the ground. Even after 17 years, moment like this scared her stupid. Her stutter came on. "G...get h...i'm a..away f..rom m..me" she said so quietly jagger wouldn't be able to hear. She closed her eyes and channeled her energy, when she opened them again he was gone.

Skye blew out a sigh, her breathing deepened again, then she remembered she had company. She shit straight up and glared at the guy with her blue eyes. "T...thanks, I'....I'm...f..fine." damn, her stutter still hadn't left. She hoped this boy wasn't one of the jerks, where he would go around telling everyone about the crazy girl screaming at nothing, she couldn't let that happen. Sh cleared her throat, "Im fine she repeated more clearer now. No one ever except her parents and aunt witnessed her seeing a ghost and she didn't like it at all that this boy saw her while she was fleeing with terror to an unseen object to him. She started to take a step away from him, ready to bolt at any sign of laughter or teasing.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Jagger heard the girl mutter something, but was unable to comprehend what it was, as she was speaking too softly. He watched the girl for a moment, still wondering what had set her off. He didn't even consider she might be somewhat like him. He hadn't come across anyone with another power, so never really thought about considering that stuff. A few moments later after her muttering, the girl closed her eyes tightly and seemed to concentrate on something. What was she doing?
Once she opened her eyes and took a deep breath, she seemed to calm herself, but when she spoke, she was stuttering.... And glaring at him. Jagger said nothing about that. If she had so been scared of something that it made her stutter, it couldn't've been fake. He said nothing about it and just waited for her to calm herself down. The glaring part, though, he found unecessary, he was only trying to help her.
A few moments later, she spoke again and she was fine. Jagger nodded and gave a light smile, but when she took a step back, like she was scared of him or something, Jagger frowned and raised an eyebrow. He took a tentative step towards her and grinned, "it's fine. I'm not going to do or say anything to anyone. If whatever it was that scared you comes again and you can't speak to anyone else, you can always speak to me about it.... What happened anyway?" Jagger questioned, looking around again for a short moment before looking back at the girl.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Skye watched him with distrusting eyes. She really, honestly couldn't trust anyone, what if he was one of "them" the ones who would try to find her, to lock her up. She watched him a couple of condos longer, before letting go of her stare, her features softening slowly. She looked around, the man was definitely gone. He'd be back though, he always tried to follow her around school. Whispering things to her, trying go speak to her. The smell of his hurt flesh made her sick, he was one of the few ghosts that really made her despise her supernatural power

She looked at Jagger again realizing the silence that had fell before them. She smiled back slightly in response tom his grin, maybe he was just trying to be friendly. Skye wondered why, if she had seen someone acting that crazy she would have run for the hills. Not him, he just seemed interested, and something within her told her she could trust him. Even so, she shook her head, "Umm... i get panic attacks easily" she said thinking fast, this would have to be enough for him. She couldn't just come out and say "I see dead people, just so you should know" She outstretched her hand, "my name is Skye" she said suddenly.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Jagger watched as the girl looked around, as if frightened someone was going to jump out at her. But she relaxed shortly after and turned her attention to him. Silence passed between them for a long while, but Jagger patiently awaited an answer to his earlier question. She seemed to study him for a few moments, a curious expression on her face, before she replied.
Jagger paused for a moment, staring at her... Panic attacks? He highly doubted that was the case, but he didn't say anything about it. He simply shrugged and said, "fair enough, then," then, again, silence passed between them before she suddenly stuck her hadn out. Jagger stared at it for a few moments, confused, before she introduced herself.
Jagger suddenly gave a soft laugh at himself for being such a moron and shook her hand. "The name's Jagger. Nice to meetcha, Skye," he said and gave a broad grin as he looked down at her. He thought for a moment and then asked, dropping his hand by his side, "do you have anything for the rest of the day? I've got nothing and was hoping i'd have someone to hang out with," of course, Jagger had plenty of people he could've hung out with. But most of them were ass holes and not worth his time.
Skye, though, intruiged him and he wanted to get to know her more. He felt some sort of connectiona dn trust towards her, but it was different to what some might think. The kind of trust and connection someone had who's similar to them is what Jagger felt towards Skye. But he didn't understand why.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:01 am

Skye watched him, she could tell that he didn't buy her story one bit. Oh well, she wasn't about to tell him byways but he didn't push, and for that she was grateful. Skye saw that he was hesitant in taking her hand and she couldn't help but smile. She was usually intimidating to people from first looks, but she had no idea what this jagger character thought of her. It bugged her strangely. Maybe he already thinks your a freak, the thought rang through her head but she chose to ignore it.

Skye cocked her head and curiously looked him, hang out? With her? Now this was going in a whole new direction. She thought for a second before replying, "sure, why not?" her friends would be wondering where she was but they could manage without her, and after that fright the man gave her, she wasn't sure she wantedd to head back to the caffeteria, or class for that matter. Anyways she felt strangely safe just being next to him, a connection she couldn't describe. She jut wanted to ask, "who are you?" but held back.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:27 am

Jagger saw Skye smile and he couldn't help but grin. A moment later, she cocked her head to the side and looked at him curiously, but seemed to hold a hint which said he was totally insane. Jagger just grinned again and when she said yes, Jagger smiled and nodded, "awesome, let's go," and with that he left the school, making sure to walk by Skye's side along the way.
But Andrew saw them along the way and called, "oh, so your plans for tonight was a date, ey? You should've just told me, man!" and then he swaggered off like an idiot. Jagger looked over at him for a moment before walking out the school gates. Damn he was such a moron. Couldn't he just get the clue that he didn't want to hang out with him? Ever.
Soon enough, they came to a park and Jagger sat on the park bench and looked at Skye, "well, it's good to be out of school. Usually, I have nothing to do in the afternoons.. Is there anything in particular you want to do? It doesn't really bother me," Jagger said with a grin.

(sorry >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:38 am

Skye smiled as she watched him grin the whole time, and turned tp walk beside him, closely. They were the only two in the hallways and she wa still slightly uncomfortable with her earlier meeting. She was glad to have the comonay now. Sure enough they bumped into one of his friends. Skye's smiled faltered as she faced on of the biggest jerks in school. She wondered how Jagger could be friends with these people. She just ignored his comment with a shake of her head and followed him Jagger out the doors.

They walked silently until. They reached the park, skye couldn't help but throw herself in one of the benches and take a deep breath in, she loved being outside, it was so calming and peaceful. "i have calculus, but I hate that class, so i'm not really loosing much by skipping she said with a small laugh. She was much more calm than she was in the school. She opened her eyes to see a little girl in a pretty dress playing in front of them. The little girl smiled and waved, and skye smiled back, not daring to wave just in case it was an apparition and Jagger saw her waving at thin air.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:01 am

Jagger laughed softly as Skye threw herself into ones of the benches and then say she only had calculas and she wasn't missing out on much. She seemed much calmer and happier now that she was out of the school and Jagger was happy about that. A few moments later, Skye smiled at a girl playing infront of them and Jagger waved at the girl who laughed happily and ran around.
"There isn't really much to do at the moment. But do you want to go see a movie or get something to eat? I can tell you right now that i'm hungry," Jagger said, looking at Skye with a grin. Of course, he wasn;t meaning to ask her out on a date or anything, but it may have sounded like that to someone else.
"Oh, by the way, sorry about andrew, he's a bit of a dick. I had just told him earlier I had plans tonight so I didn;t have to hang out with him. then he saw me with you and well... yeah." Jagger explained with a sheepish grin.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 am

Skye started to sit up, sitting Indian style on the bench as she watched Jagger wave at the girl. What would he think? If he knew. He seemed like a totally normal hi school boy, withnnot much to worry about. He was one of the popular kids in school with tons of friends. Would understand? Skye shook the thoughts out of her head.
She cocked her head and narrowed her eyes playfully. A movie? then to get something to eat? That sounded like a date to her, oh well he wasn't going to get any from her if he was hoping for it. She nodded her ehqd slowly, "Yea im starved" she said and then shrugged "it's fine, you cant control other people actions" she said quickly and stood up from the bench, "he's just a jerk, nothing more" she said with a smile, "now let's to get that food" she said with a small laugh.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum