Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop with the power playing!

Go down

Is my What is power play? Spot helpful?

Stop with the power playing! I_vote_lcap80%Stop with the power playing! I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Stop with the power playing! I_vote_lcap20%Stop with the power playing! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Stop with the power playing! Empty Stop with the power playing!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm getting sick and tired of it, please if it's aloud on your topic put a note on the first post saying that the other players has permission. If Themagus approves I shall be giving out warnings to people I see with power play in their topic.

What is power play?

It's when you make another persons character do what YOU choose it to, which is unfair to the other player. For example-
Player 1-
Suzie smiled trying to cheer up Jack as he cried.

Player 2-
Jack cried and cried. Soon Suzie got tired of it and slapped him.

Ok do you see it? Everything is fine till Player 2 makes Suzie slap Jack without permission from Player 1.

Power playing is also when you make your character hit another character without missing, the other player should be allowed to doge unless you have permission. Also you can't doge every move, it unfair.
Example 1-
Player one- Suzie sighed looking at Jack as he rummaged threw junk looking for his lost toy.

Player two- Jack suddenly grew angry and punched Suzie making her bleed.

Ok Player two didn't give player one's character a choice of weather or not the attack hit. You should always give the other player a choice of getting hit or not.

Example 2-
Player one-
Suzie missed all of Jacks clumsy attacks in the fight. Player two-
Jack kept trying to punch her.

Ok Suzie is dogging all Jack's attacks which is unfair, Suzie should be able to doge them all because in a really fight both people get a little scuffed up.

Back to top Go down

Stop with the power playing! Empty Re: Stop with the power playing!

Post by Emoticon Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Most topics, yes that would be powerplay. But some topics, based upon the plot(forcer topics usually fall here), it is part of the plot to force a character to do something. I've seen some topics that are powerplay, but is part of the plot or even the scene for powerplay the other character. But number two is just really godmodding(unless the rp itself has an invincible/god character), which is a lot more noticeable the powerplay, but both are quite annoying in fights and disagreements. Never seen powerplaying or godmodding on this site for a long time, so it's probably apart of the situation or plot that there doing that.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:19 pm

I know, did you read the post? It basically stated that as long as the topic maker makes it is allowed it's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 pm

wild one wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of it, please if it's aloud on your topic put a note on the first post saying that the other players has permission. If Themagus approves I shall be giving out warnings to people I see with power play in their topic.

What is power play?

It's when you make another persons character do what YOU choose it to, which is unfair to the other player. For example-
Player 1-
Suzie smiled trying to cheer up Jack as he cried.

Player 2-
Jack cried and cried. Soon Suzie got tired of it and slapped him.

Ok do you see it? Everything is fine till Player 2 makes Suzie slap Jack without permission from Player 1.

Power playing is also when you make your character hit another character without missing, the other player should be allowed to doge unless you have permission. Also you can't doge every move, it unfair.
Example 1-
Player one- Suzie sighed looking at Jack as he rummaged threw junk looking for his lost toy.

Player two- Jack suddenly grew angry and punched Suzie making her bleed.

Ok Player two didn't give player one's character a choice of weather or not the attack hit. You should always give the other player a choice of getting hit or not.

Example 2-
Player one-
Suzie missed all of Jacks clumsy attacks in the fight. Player two-
Jack kept trying to punch her.

Ok Suzie is dogging all Jack's attacks which is unfair, Suzie should be able to doge them all because in a really fight both people get a little scuffed up.

Is that what you meant by that? otherwise I skimmed through the second half XD
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 pm

*Nods* Sorry I wasn't clear. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Haha no problem no problem ^_^
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum