Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide Away~~.(M)

2 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Hide Away~~.(M) Empty Hide Away~~.(M)

Post by Emoticon Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:15 pm

The wind....the wind was too cold."It's not supposed to be this cold." She thought to herself, feeling the wind slam into her face, the cold clawing at her scales like acid, making her face numb. The wind changed directions, from lifting her up to slamming her down. She let out a growl as a heavy gust of wind slammed her down, sending her to the ground like a bullet. The wind lifted again, sending her off balance and flying forward. "Shit Shit Shit!" She yelled as the wind slammed her down again, this time not letting go.

She flapped her wings, but then gave in as it sent her flying towards the ground. She flapped her wings once she was only 10 feet to the ground, but still couldn't stop the wind. She prepared for impact, folding her wings in just in time as she felt her scales against the ground. She spread her legs out to stop, but that only made her jump into the air, and fall back again with a thud. Her scales were beginning to crack and burn, making her flail out even more. As if someone popped a balloon, she felt nothing.

She opened her eyes, taking in the sky. She flapped out her wings, feeling the air beneath her and taking in the rocks below her. Her wings skimmed the cliff, as she carefully flew up. The wind tried to take her up again, but she folded them quickly and started to run for cover. She felt her hide prickle, and realized something was above her. Claws seized her sides, as something lifted her up and began to bite on her throat, sending blood into her mouth. 'Not this time." Said the voice as he began to tear at her neck, his claws raking her sides.

If the sunlight hadn't been raking through the den, she would have thought it was real. Of course, that was the nightmare when she first traveled, being hunted and almost killed. She felt her neck, making sure there wasn't and blood. "Damn..." she sighed, flexing her tail and stretching out. She lived up high in the tree's, where she could stalk her prey and spy undetected if any dragons came near. She carved out a tree, clawing out chunks of wood and dug out a small cave in the tree's roots. The tree was very old, the tallest tree in the forest. She could easily fit, since it was 5 feet at the widest part. Her claws scraped the wood at the sides, climbing up the tree. Even if it was wide, she still couldn't fly. She soon found the hole that lead out of the tree, and looked out her hole. Sunlight was streaking out, the sun below the trees, giving out it's final heat before nightfall. Everything was settling down, but for her, it was speeding up.

She let her pupils adjust to the sun, then jumped out of her hole. Even with branches everywhere, she was still silent as she found a branch and clamped onto it. It was a thin branch, but it supported her weight. A few birds saw her, and hastily flew over her. She quickly spread her wings out and flapped, taking her high above the tree's. The birds rose, and she rose with. They squawked but still maintained their ranks, but she was too fast. Soon enough she darted above, and saw them scatter, then selected one. It dived, heading towards the cover of the forest. She snapped her wings down, catching up to the bird. It made sharp turns, but it was already a few feet away from her jaws. It squawked again, turning abruptly. She turned on a dime, matching the birds movements.
She opened her mouth and took aim at the bird, then fired a jet of bright yellow flames. It let out a screech, then fell. It twitched in the air, but soon fell. She rushed over the length and crushed it in her jaws, killing whatever was left of the bird. "I'm sorry it had to be so painful." She muttered as she gulped it down, ready for something bigger. The air dropped a few degree's as the sun was only a few bits of light in the sky. She glided silently onto a thick branch as she calmed her breathing. She slowly watched as more birds flicked around, returning to their nests. She was closing her eyes when she noticed a deer walking below her. Knowing that the deer couldn't see her because she was standing still, she quickly jumped off the tree branch and into the air, her wing-beats silent as she eyed it. It was a young stag, grazing carelessly by a tree. 'This is too easy, somethings wrong.' She thought to herself, going slightly closer and closer to the deer. She felt the deer twitch and snap its head in her direction, and it bounded away from her, but she was already gaining speed.

The deer was running, then leaping every few seconds. She flapped her wings even harder, closing the distance. The stag noticed and began changing direction, but it stayed straight. She knew that she was exposed, and quickly chased it down. She was beginning to become out of breath when she flapped hard, folding her wings in and diving for his neck. She felt her teeth grab hold of his hide, then she flapped upwards, carrying the stag up into the trees. She jerked his head, hearing a snap and quickly ended his life. She didn't want him to suffer more then he had to. She felt her breathing quicken as she flew up to her tree, stuff the deer inside. She heard it fall until it hit a thick platform below. She leaped across the walls, clawing her way down to the deer. She was exhausted, and quickly tore open his belly, feeling the blood on her nose. She finished the deer quickly, and flew up to the top. She snapped his leg bone and carried it in her mouth, taking it with her as she flew up on her sleeping spot. It was full of feathers of different kinds of birds, and had a few pelts lying around. She quickly stretched out her legs and arms, cracking into the bone and licking the marrow inside. It was big enough to fit a full grown dragon, so she sprawled out her wings beside her, and laid awake listening to the night. She heard noises below, and birds squawking around her. She was drifting off into a nap, but she didn't notice the birds cry's into the night.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Hide Away~~.(M) Empty Re: Hide Away~~.(M)

Post by jlthompsonvamp Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Hide Away~~.(M) King_black_dragon_by_midnight_lonesome

Shadow

I flew above the trees, angleing myself towards the birds below me. I quickly snatched one up, it's cries ending as I took it into my mouth. I flew closer to the trees, spotting the hole where my den was. I went inside it and settled down and began eating. i could sense another dragon close by, a female, but I didn't go investigate. I had been noticeing the female for awhile now so her scent no longer bothered me. I kept eating, tearing into the bird vigorously.

(Sorry if you think it's short. I have writer's block.)
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm

(lol as long as you don't have one-liners it's fine)

As she slowly drifted off, she was awoken by cries of a bird. It dug deep into her, until she just tried to ignore it and fall asleep. It started to irritate her, though she didn't know why. She wondered if it was the same bird that was making noise when she first ate. She tossed her head, trying to get rid of the noise from her head. Finally she crawled out of her hole to check the situation. She heard sounds of ripping flesh, and her stomach did a flip. It sounded powerful, and she thought that it might be another dragons. Flying soundlessly to a branch, she located the ripping noises and took a peek, trying to see what she could since their wasn't much light. A black dragon stood in front of her, much bigger then her of course. She let out a gasp and backed up, shaking the leaves and breaking the branch she was on. "Damn!" She let out, falling towards the Earth fast. She let out her wings and flapped, making noise compared to the usual quite forest sounds.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:50 am

(Okay.)

Shadow

I jerked my head up, having heard the female gasp and then fall. I acted on instinct as I quickly flew out of my den and raced underneath the female. She landed on my back and I let out an "Ooff!" Then I set her down gently on the ground, saying, "Be careful, female. You could hurt yourself." Always the gentleman, I quickly checked her over for injuries and, seeing none, I stood in front of her and smiled gently. Then I said, "Well, now that we've met we might as well get aquinted. I'm Shadow and you are?"
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Felene gasped and let out a sound as something huge and black came in her field of vision. She scrambled at the air, knowing it was useless but still did it anyway. She landed on what appeared to be the same thing in her vision, and she stayed still for a bit. She stayed still until it stopped, when she soon realized that it was a dragon. It was bigger then her, of course. She stared at the eyes for a moment, then felt herself being lifted. She wiggled for a moment, trying to unhook it's grip. Finally she stopped, seeing his face and looking at it. As it spoke, she soon realized that it was a he dragon. He set her down, and she froze for a second. If he wanted to kill her, he would have done it much sooner, especially with her tail dragging on the ground, small bits of liquid coating it.
She eyed him for a moment, taking in his appearance.. She was soon checked over by the male, making her freeze up and look at him. As he spoke, she backed up quickly and looked behind her. She made a quick glance, making sure this wasn't a set up. Something about what he said made him seem odd, but she took the time to introduce herself, since he didn't seem to have bad intentions. "W-W-" She stopped trying as her tongue seemed to be stuck at the back of her throat. Damn! She said mentally, knowing that she should sound strong. Stepping a few more paces back, she spoke again. "I am Felene, Shadow." She said briskly, taking a few more steps back. She then made a break for it, running up the nearest tree and opening her wings. They were a little sore from the impact, but she ignored it and quickly flew deeper in the forest, avoiding the thickening branches and thorny vines. She watched behind her, expecting him to chase her, and she quickly flew behind a tree. It would be a shame that he discovered her place, but she couldn't risk all the things in her home.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 am

Shadow

I smiled at the female as she stumbled over her words and after she said her name I replied, "Felene. What a beautiful name. I-" but I was cut off when she backed up and flew away. I stared after her awhile then shrugged. She would soon realize I meant her no harm and then, hopefully, she would warm up to him. I sighed then flew up to the hole in the tree went into his den. He shoved what now remained of the bird into a corner then curled up in the middle of his den and waited to see if the female would come back.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 am

Felene let her breathing relax as she heard him moving farther away. She looked around her surroundings, making sure that she was safe. If he wanted to catch her, she wasn't going to be a easy meal. As the glided out of behind the tree, she landed on a post below her den. She took one more cautious look, then jumped quickly up into the tree. The tree was dark and full of the musky air, but she went straight up to her den. The furs only seemed to comfort her physically, but her mind was racing through what happened. What kind of game was he playing? She tucked the thought away inside her head. As she drifted off to sleep, she kept her thoughts out of her mind.

When Felene awoke, the opening into her place was covered in the morning sun. Glad that it was light, she stretched out, letting her wings touch the walls. When she got up, she was feeling slightly better. Her stomach was growling, but she paid no heed and jumped out of her den. She stood in the entrance, a big hole in the tree, and basked in the sunshine for a few seconds. She wanted to sun bath, but that and her hunger would have to wait. Following her familiar path, she glided from tree to tree. She stopped when she realized that she was by the land where she fell. The dragon might be still their, but she wanted to know it's agenda. Changing direction, she landed in the clearing, laying herself low in case something saw her. When nothing moved, she saw his tracks on the ground, with disturbed leaves and branches. She followed slowly in the tracks for a moment, then raced off as quiet as she could. The wind blew slightly, but she ignored it as she landed herself on a branch, looking at what could be a den.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 am

Shadow

I soon realized the female was not coming back tonight so I curled up tighter and closed my eyes. But sleep did not come easily. My mind was conflicted with images and questions of the female, Felene. What was so intrigueing about her? Why did I feel different towards her than I had towards any other female dragons? And why couldn't she see that I meant her no harm? Eventually my mind calmed down and sleep came. But in no way was it restful.

I awoke the next day to the sun shining into my den from the entrance. I stood up and stretched out my huge black wings. Then I crouched down below the entrance to my den, waited a moment, then hurled myself upwards, bursting out of my den and startling any nearby birds, who flew away screeching. As I was angleing myself to go higher up into the sky I spotted Felene and smiled slightly to myself. So she HAD come back. I quickly moved higher up into the sky, my wings beating vigorously. When I was pretty high up I angled myself towards the ground, pulled my wings to my sides, and began to plummet to the ground. At the very last second I popped my wings out and slowed my decent. I slowly landed on the ground directly below Felene. "Hello, Felene." I said, trying to show in my voice that I meant her no harm.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Felene looked up, alarmed at the birds overhead. She checked out the sky, but she saw nothing amiss. She rolled her shoulders, trying to get herself relax. She sat neatly on the branch, staring at the den. She waited for movement, but a sudden pop cleared her mind. She watched with horror as a dragon came down, then it slowly stopped below her. She first jumped up a few branches, quickly gaining distance. She looked back and soon recognized that it was that dragon Shadow. She spun around to face him for a moment, weighing the risks. She slowly let herself slide down, her claws cutting into the bark of the tree. After staring at him for what seemed like minutes, she jumped on a branch higher then him, but had plenty of view.
As she waited for the attack and tensed, her muscles soon began to relax. She had never met a dragon that played with their food for long, but she knew that this could be the first. Giving a small gulp, she spoke out in what seemed like a tiny whisper. "M-mm hello?" She let out a squeak. She inhaled air to speak louder, hoping that she could appear not so weak; But she stopped and let out the breath. It was too late for that, and it might come out worse. As the dragon's body moved in every small way, she tensed her muscles, ready to flee.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

Shadow

I watched as Felene climbed higher but then came back down. Then she hopped up a little higher but enough to where they could see each other. He calmly climbed onto the nearest branch and looked up at her and smiled. Then he said, "Heven't you figured out by now I mean you no harm? Most dragons would have already attacked you by now. But for some reason I am intrigued by you. I have no desire to attack you or hurt you." He watched her carefully, hoping his words would come as reassuring to her.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Felene managed to keep her tense stance, wondering if the dragon was speaking the truth. Her instincts refused to back down, hardened by all the chases and close-calls in just a few years. She shook her head, but kept her eyes on him. "Wh-Why not." She stuttered out, still not sure what this dragon was made of. Her mind thought that he wouldn't be dangerous, but she had to make sure. Keeping her eyes on him, she steadied herself on the branch, locking in on his left shoulder. She stiffened up, then jumped off the branch. The branch split it half and fell to the ground, seeming slow next to her body. She gave one great flap, then another strong one. She then angled herself down, her eyes still on him. Wary of his paws, she quickly swerved around him, seeing how he would react. She shot past his head, grazing his scales just a bit, then ducked and flew around his tail. Finally, she shot back up again, climbing towards the sky. Her breathing was rough and her wing muscles burned, but she maintained her height. She was over the tree now, the stump showing teeth-like sticks of wood from the inside.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 am

Shadow

I was shocked at what she did next but I stood calmly on my branch, even when she came so close her scales brushed mine. I watched as she angled herself up into the sky, flying higher and higher until I could barely make her out. I waited anxiously for what she would do next. What did this female dragon have planned?
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Felene took a deep breath of air, then slowly fluttered down. She decreased her wing flaps and made her descent onto a branch. Taking careful note of the length, she landed on it. It shook, butt it didn't bend too much. Realizing that this dragon didn't have anything evil in mind for her, she landed on a branch eye-level with him. This meant getting a branch several feet higher. She breathed in deeply again, then spoke. "Well, okay. If your attentions are pure-" She stopped midway, trying not to expose her weaknesses or anything else. Even if this dragon had no ill intentions, he could be working for another dragon, or change his mind. With these thoughts she backed up, ready to jump off, but waited. Finally, she decided to return to her normal position, slowly relaxing.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Shadow

I smiled a little as she came to eye-level with me. After she had settled down and relaxed I started to reach out my nose to nuxxle her but then pulled back, thinking better of it. Instead I said, "I promise you I have no ill intentions. I only wish to know more about you Felene. Nothing more than that." I watched her carefully, hoping I had not scared her again with my movement earlier to nuzzle her.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 am

Felene shifted uncomfortably when he got closer, but her body was still relaxed. She breathed out a sigh of relief as he withdrew from her space. His question puzzled her for a moment, and she wondered if she wanted to answer it. She decided she would try and be more friendly, not liking how she was giving him the cold shoulder. "Oh." Was all she managed to say, and she quickly fumbled to say more. "Uh uh uh..." She said again, then shook her head. "Okay! What are you doing around these parts?" She finally managed to say, trying to sound as friendly and casual as possible.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 am

Shadow

I smiled at her fumbling then replied, "I live here. That is my den just over there." He pointed to the tree where his den was located with his nose.

(I posted in the topic you put For jlthompsonvamp.)
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:03 pm

"Really? I've never sensed your presence..." She said, letting it trail off. Thinking that she let a dragon slip under her radar unnerved her. She stepped back a bit, and looked around her. "Well if you want to get to know me more, would you want to hunt?" She asked in her voice, giving a small yawn. She acted as friendly as she could to him, though she still didn't trust him. Even if he hadn't been evil, that doesn't mean that he has the best personality. What was he like? Was he bad? Does he do evil things? She got lost in her thoughts a bit, then jerked suddenly as her mind snapped to the presence.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Shadow

"That's because I've tried to hide my presence. I've been ambushed by other dragons, male and female alike, and I did not enjoy it. So I learned how to block my presence. Yes, I would like to hunt with you." I replied, smiling at Felene a little.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:37 am

Felene let her shock on her face show, then let her jaw go normal. "I didn't know that." She simply said, not knowing how to react to the news. She shivered in excitement as he would hunt with her, and she quickly jumped on a branch. "Well then, lets go for something big. We might be able to find a buck, though it'll be a long travel." She rushed her sentence out, surprised that she didn't stutter. She spread her wings out, letting them extend to the nearest branch. Then she jumped forwards, flapping her wings downward. She rose a few feet, and continued rising with her fast wing beats. She soon checked behind her, waiting for Shadow to catch up. As she stopped, she looked around her, figuring out the route to the deer's territory.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 am

Shadow

I nodded then I quickly snapped out my huge black wings and shot into the sky, following Felene. When I reached her I noticed she hadn't picked out the correct path to the deer. I chuckled a little and said, "The deer are that way. I've noticed that they've been moving." I pointed in the opposite direction from which Felene was facing with my nose. The scent of the deer seemed to be stronger coming from that direction.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm

"Oh." Was all she could say as she lined herself up with Shadow, judging the direction he was looking in. Once she was satisfied with her line-up, she gave a few hard flaps. She rose up a few feet, then slowly glided downwards. She would flap a few timed to slow her descent, but she was by the tree line when she noticed the bodies of deer. Trying to avoid being spotted, she snapped her wings out, flapping quickly. Her wings made a flapping noise as she rose to the sky, though she paid no heed. Once the figures were just now tiny specks, she turned around to find Shadow. Not seeing him, she yelled out. "Do you wanna show me your deer hunting skills first?" She yelled, twisting around to try and see his body.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Shadow

I quickly flapped my wings hard and moved beside Felene. At hearing her question he smirked and said, "I'd be glad too." Then he angled himself downwards and started to head down towards them. He spotted a doe grazing a little ways away from the herd so he aimed for her and silently and quickly snatched her up in his claws. Then he began to ascend towards Felene.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Felene whipped her head towards the noise, still trying to see him, but the noise soon disappeared. Falling a bit, she noticed his black figure far below. Meeting him up in mid air, she soon beckoned him to follow her with a wave of her tail. "We can eat here, though are you sure that kill is large enough?" She asked, eyeing the doe's lifeless eyes. She shook her head and looked away, shaking the thought that it might still be alive.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jlthompsonvamp Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 am

Shadow

"No. I don't. But I got it for you anyways." I said. Then I gently shoved the doe into Felene's claws. Then I angled myself towards the deer again and shot down towards them. I quickly picked out another, larger doe that was grazing towards the edge of the herd. I quickly and silently picked the doe up and again began the ascent up to Felene.
jlthompsonvamp
jlthompsonvamp
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Felene felt the weight into her claws and struggled a bit, faltering under the weight. Shadow was already gone when she began to fall faster and faster, and she nervously flapped her wings harder. The doe felt like it was struggling under her claws, and she checked. It was it just her imagination, though she was still falling. Lifting the doe with effort, she clasped it with her jaws, only slightly helping. However, she was able to keep her height, though her jaw felt uncomfortable. She saw Shadow again, surprised how he had been able to get a doe so quickly. "Is...that for your...self?" She asked, struggling to hold the doe in her jaws, until it managed to slip out of her teeth. She lunged at it and held it tightly, claws digging into the still warm hide. She dropped several feet, trying to flap. Instead, she spiraled out of control, shooting towards the ground like a rocket.
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next