Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read this :D

Go down

Read this :D Empty Read this :D

Post by Amalgamator Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Before you read any further, if you find processing large amounts of information annoying, please don't bother reading any further, because I write with many words.

I cannot stand people who skip over text.

So you aren't one of those people, right?

Very well.

Now then, my name's Amaglamator. I enjoy writing, not to escaping reality. I enjoy humans, not anthropomorphic animals. I enjoy a relationship which does not involve romance. I believe that a well-thought-out story is far superior to an improvisational effort spat out on a vague idea. I believe that asking and answering a ton of questions is necessary to role play well. Lastly, I believe that theses, criteria, sound logic and sharp reasoning are necessary in order to make a clear point.

If you agree with my viewpoints, we can be friends. If not, I invite you to try to be my friend, but you might get aggravated, because I'm a strange one.

Now then, on to the subject matter of this thread. Recently, everyone I previously engaged in role playing with has died from this site. As a result, I have been left with unused threads which have only been collecting spider webs for the past few months.

If you desire a role play with me, and conform to the following criteria, feel free to comment or send me a private message:
-You can respond at least four times a month and/or check emails and messages twice a week.
-You can match or exceed my post length with intelligent material
-You can contribute your own original material to our role play

Now, here are the threads which are feeling lonely:
-Gears of Anarchy
-Edict of Edith: The Hit
-Character: Baldrick the Double Tapper

Thank you very much for reading, and I wish you a pleasant -insert time reference here-
Amalgamator
Amalgamator
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Read this :D Empty Re: Read this :D

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Well your more advanced then me but if you ever feel like doing a topic with a 100-250 word min, I'll be up for it Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amalgamator Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Whenever I see 100-250, I think of a number range, so when I saw, it, I laughed. As far as minimum word count, I could care less. What I care about is effort value. The minimum effort value I will accept is:
-Your character(X) responds to all actions or events directed at him/her
-X says something, not including thoughts, or conducts an action, both in response to an event or action directed at him/her, and in addition to any previously conducted actions.
-Description is included from X's point of view.

This ensures that what needs to happen happens, and that I have material to respond to. I will undoubtedly end up giving you a critique or advice if it is difficult to understand your story-telling, wording or grammar, so tell me if you don't want to hear it. If you have any further questions, or would like to discuss/request a roleplay, feel free to send me a private message.
Amalgamator
Amalgamator
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Dang, I think I'd benefit writing with you but...my characters tend to think a lot. *Goes to read bios.*

Back to top Go down

Post by Amalgamator Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Thinking is a crutch, as was said in a post by TheMagus. You can describe how your character thought, "'I wonder how I should eat this pie'" by writing, "X looked intently at the pie, his eyes calculating, focused on its golden, flaky surface." This requires a change in perspective from 1st person to 3rd, however.

It's fine to write out what your characters are thinking if it is too difficult or bothersome to describe it in words. The benefit of not telling me these thoughts is, if X is a great lier, but Y(my character) is not good at perceiving lies, you can describe X's body gestures and deceive both me and Y. This makes it more fun, and makes it easier to resist unnatural telepathy, if you catch my drift.

(In saying this, I also admit that I am a huge fan of 3rd person. You can't get anywhere close to as much information in 1st person as you can in 3rd for various reasons.)
Amalgamator
Amalgamator
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:40 pm

I love 3rd person, first person isn't easy for me. A crutch? Hmmm, different. Alright well I haven't finished reading his bio yet but I like Baldrick best so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amalgamator Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Very well, just pm me when you've made a decision.
Amalgamator
Amalgamator
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down