Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part Of A Story I'm Writing... (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book) Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time...

2 posters

Go down

Part Of A Story I'm Writing...  (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book)  Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time... Empty Part Of A Story I'm Writing... (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book) Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time...

Post by • Echo Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 pm

[Graycee-Maye Wilson, probably in her early 30s, but I don't know yet cause I haven't counted them up cause of everything she's done in her life... Anyhoo, Breed: Crossbred/Elf/Shadow Elf(aka Mist Elf), Shapeshifter. Eye color: Hazel. Hair color: Light brown, wavy, to small of back.)

My wings moved steadily, pushing my body effortlessly through the air. Down below me stretched miles of white. Gray clouds covered the sky.

Before long, a small town came into sight. I landed before I reached it, folding my wings back into my back, rolling my shoulders, and began to walk forward.

Walking through the deep snow was similar to walking through the forests and towns when Aliskale had been called out to the army. Only this snow was not frozen and hard to break through, covering feet of mud beneath, and it wasn't quite as cold out. Plus, it wasn't pouring sleet and snow with 70mph winds, nothing lower than that, and usually higher and faster.

No one other than myself was out on the streets,a dn I felt conspicuous. My stride lengtehned as much as the allowed, and my face became grim. By the time the hosue I was searching for finally came into sight, I was nearly running. I sprang lightly onto the snow-covered porch, body quivering slightly, adn stepped towards the door. Before I could even knock, it opened, and a girl my own age with dark brown hair with a reddish hue and hazel eyes looked out at me. But the eyes weren't as soft and caring as they were in highschool; They were wary and hard now. Megan had never been meant to go to war.

"Graycee." Something flickered in her eyes, making me sigh inwardly to myself.

"What are you doing here." I cringed back slightly away from teh sound. It was more of a statement than a question or demand, and there was something almost... Dead, in her voice. I hoped that she wasn't so far gone that not even a thin streak of the old Megan was left.

"To ask a favour," I said, and the wariness in her eyes grew.

"Like always," she said, not offering to let me in or anything the way she used to. I knew that it wouldn't happen. We had never really been the best of friends; That had been her, Zabrina, and Jamie. Jamie had never been part of Aliskale, and it was partially my fault that Zabrina now lay dead beneath the Earth. My fault all of Aliskale had suffered so much.

"Please, Megan. You're one of the only ones with... Well, you know. Someone wants to kill us now, or use us. Please." My voice was pleading.

"And you want protection." The voice was accusing, something unusual for her.

"No. I want you're help. We can end this."

"No, Graycee. Don't you see? I was never part of this. I quit right after, right after the, the Labs. Aliskale doesn't exist anymore. Half is dead, the other half scattered. We couldn't do it, Maye!" she said, pained. I suddenly reached out adn grabbed her left wrist. She tried to twist it out of my grasp, but I held on. With my free hand, I forced her sleeve up, exposing her forearm to the cold winter air. Her marking, the one all of Aliskale had had to get, shone up at us. A full moon ont he inside of the left wrist, a howling wolf in the center of it, a Peregrine falcon flying at the top. Vines and leaves, embedded with jewels, ribbon, silk, and more, intertwined with each otehr to the crook of the elbow. My eyes flicked up to bore into her own, waiting to speak until she finally looked me in the eyes.

"Whoever wears our crest and still lives will always be a part of Aliskale," I say.

"You mean this brand, this thing that ties she down?" she demanded, her voice sharp, cutting through me like a knife, eyes hard. "You left for a year! Everything is different now, because you wanted to go adn find someone who was already dead!" I flinched at the sudden bitterness in her voice. What had happened to her? Was she really dead inside?

"You chose it," I say, letting go of ehr hand. She jerked her sleeve back down fiercely.

"Just come to our building." My voice was a mere whisper. Before she could answer, I was lifting up into the sky, wings beating strongly. After five strokes, the town was merely a speck beneath me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * * * * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slid my hands along the outside of the cool, stone wall. So many memories... I stopped and blinked back tears. For a fleeting second, I wondered about what I was doing. Then the thoughts were gone, replaced by a strong determination. I placed both hands on the door before me and closed my eyes. My mind searched, felt... I heard a click and the door gave beneath me.

I stepped into the dark building, my eyes adjusting immediately adn seeing perfectly in the near blackness. I moved to teh big stone fireplace in the back of the room, blowing over it. A fire suddenly roared to life, casting its warmth and glow throughout the large, circular room.

Couches and chairs were scattered around teh room, and doorways led off to other parts of teh castle-like building. The carpet was a thick silver, teh walls a light blue. Most of the couches were black or gray, with blue and a couple tans.

I had no idea if Meagn would come, but I had a good idea she would.

I turned towards teh first door on my left. Again I place my hands on teh doora dn closed my eyes, mind searching. It clicked, the doro opened, and I stepped into a small hallway. There were no doors, just a staircase at the end. I walked across the wooden floor, feet making no sound. I slid my hand along teh wooden rails, feet silently treading the soft white carpet. At the top extended a long hallway with rooms on doors on both sides. I knew that all of them were empty bedrooms. I kept going up. Another hallyway of empty rooms. Then one of empty storerooms. And one of empty rooms that we used for practicing things and exercising. And another. Then I was on the last flight of stairs, climbing slowly.

At the top was a bunch of old things from Aliskale. Mostly things that had old, hard memories in them. Almost everything from those in Aliskale who ahd died was up her, like Reagan, Zabrina, Layla, Amy, who had been my twin, and so many more... Pictures were scattered over teh walls, some broken. The roof was made of glass, with special anchantments placed so it would not break. At the end was a sliding glass door.

I walked slowly over to the door, leaning against the wall next to it and looking out. I didn't bother trying to unlock it to step out on the patio; it had long been sealed shut, along with other doors in the building. Afterall, the place had been abondoned while I was gone, and the building had sealed itself adn gone on lockdown to protect Aliskale's secrets. It would reopen itself only when at least a few members of Aliskale who were true in heart came back.

I sighed softly, knowing I would need more than Megan to do this. We had both been broken down in body adn mind years ago, adn we were two of teh strongest left. I knew Megan could rise back up to teh top if she could get away from what ahd happened before. I knew from experience that it was hard, and I ahd gotten of easy each time. But Megan didn't have a savior like I did and still do. It would be ten times worse for her.

Behind me, I felt teh vibrations in the floor from the door opening smoothly, and a man entered. After a shrot moment of listening to his footsteps, I realized it was Hunter, an old member of Aliskale. He had been one of the first to join and last to leave, loyal always. He had mostly stuck to the shadows, giving his opinion on things whenever he could, otherwise silent.

He walked across teh room to stand beside me, gazing out the window beside me. We were silent for a moment, the only sound the beating of our hearts and our barely audible breathing. I noted that my heartbeat and intake of breatn was slightly faster than his own; He had never been hunted down adn sued as an experiment, his DNA unraveled and avian DNA forced in. He wasn't part bird.

Finally he spoke.

"I felt someone here," he said, not looking at me. I nodded. He had been what we called a "Sensitive", a being able to expand his conciousness farther than most adn still get perfect thoughts adn readings, and stay undetected. And when something happened to something or someone he knew, it created a ripple effect in his life, adn he instantly knew. But it ahd limitations, as we had learned.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Part Of A Story I'm Writing...  (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book)  Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time... Empty Re: Part Of A Story I'm Writing... (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book) Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time...

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:50 am

I think it's really good and the detail is very good as well... i'm writing a story as well..

also your's is really good i'll buy it if it goes on sale...!!!
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Location : sitting at a table playing a dangerous game of cards

Back to top Go down

Part Of A Story I'm Writing...  (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book)  Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time... Empty Re: Part Of A Story I'm Writing... (Not the first in the sequel, though at the beginning of teh book) Tell me what you think of ALL my stories, all the time...

Post by • Echo Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Haha, I'm 15... I don't think THIS story will be published soon, it gets sorta... Descriptive, at times. If any will be published soon, it'll be my less mature one.

Last edited by ShadeOfDawn on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo, using my new iPhone :P)
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 am

never mind i'm sure it'll get even better as it goes along.. don't most good books?
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 am

Well yeah, the good books lol... I'll probably be posting it up here soon.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 am

yay! oh and i have a question if your a wolf where do you go to find a pack?
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 am

Uhm, they don't exactly have a place of their own... I normally go to Redwood Forest or one of the packlands, a few have gone to the Garden...
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:26 am

ok.. thanks for the advice and answer
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down