Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Storm Brings his Herd

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dark Storm Brings his Herd Empty Dark Storm Brings his Herd

Post by Faye Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Dark Storm~
I gallop at the front of the herd leading them into Whispering Flats.I smile and stop.This would be it,This would be the place I choose to house my family.My gorgeous bay coat was brushed by the wind to a shine.I stood and looked about,my ears pricked,my nostrils flaring.I was positive other horses lived here but we would have to meet them later,after the herd got rested and fed.I lowered my head to grab a clumpful of grass.I chewed satisfied.And motioned for the others to eat also.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Dark Storm Brings his Herd Empty Re: Dark Storm Brings his Herd

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 pm

{Midnight Star}
I walked through the forest, the large trees towering above me. I looked up, getting lost in the tangled limbs covered in moss. I took a breath in took smell the arouma of the forest, along with it I smelled other horses. I instantly grew excited, I had never been in a herd before. My mother had been born to a herd of all shining white horses. I was bornshimmering black, just like the stars. Which was how I got my name. At first sight my mother hated me, so she left me to die. Somehow I managed to stay alive, although I've grown very shy. For some reason I was filled with adrenaline and I bolted to the edge of th trees. I skidded to a stop as suddenly many different scenarios went through my head. "What if they don't like me? What if they're forcers? What if there's no room for me in their herd?" I decided to take the risk and walked out from behind the trees. The bright sun made my jet black coat shimmer like the stars in the night sky, hence my name. I stood off to the side, minding my own business and waiting for someone to notice me.

http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=jet%20black%20mare#i=23

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Dawn
i whinny to dark strom as i gallop in with the rest of the herd, my beautiful darkish chestnut coat shimering in the sun as it hits my coat, my long mane blowing as i gallop, i stop and watch the herd trot into the open meadow and start to graze then i turn my head and smile at dark strom , i nicker to him as i walk over toward him
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Dark Storm~
I nickered and nuzzled the Dawn.I looked into the woods waiting for the other to arrive.But I guessed they would be a bit slower because of the foals.I grunted when I smelt the strange scent of another nearby horse.My ears slowly pricked up and my eyes scanned the terra around us.I saw a coal black mare at the forest line.Why was this mare alone?Was she following us?I finally decided to check her out.I winnied sending out an invitation for the mare to come meet me.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Dawn
i nuzzle dark storm, i prick my ears as i hear hoof steps near by, i et alittle protective since i wasnt sure of who it was coming form the woods yet, as soon as i see that its a new mare i pin my ears and show my teeth
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Dark Storm~
I rolled my eyes.Mares are always soo jealous.My head dropped to my hooves and I resumed my grazing.The grass here was good,but it was quite open here.Probably a lot of different animals passed through here,including predators.My nostrils flared as my scanned the surrounding fields.Probably the other herds here were in other fields.I sighed,this place wound do for now.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:30 pm

{Midnight Star}
I smiled at what seemed to be the lead horse's whinny. I began to walk towards him, focusing on not stumbling over my own feet as always. "Left, right, left, right..." As I got closer I saw the mare beside him had her ears pinned and teeth showing. I'd never conversed with other mares, only my mother. My best friend as a filly was a small colt named Rex. I stopped and stared, my expression blank. I began to take small steps backwards, realizing I wasn't completely welcome here.

I think I gave the wring picture! so I'll just give it again even if it was the right one!
http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=jet%20black%20mare#i=24
[url][/url]

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Dark Storm~
I laid my ears back slightly dissaproving of how foolish Dawn was acting.I cautiously began to appraoch the mare.I stopped a few feet from her.My stance was tall and proud,but not threatening.I walked around the mare observing her from all sides.I wanted to see if she is fit.Not that I`m a perve but if she was going to join my herd she had to be fit to keep up.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 pm

dawn
i see drak strom roll his eyes at me nd i calm down but i dont like it when he does that so i troot off from him alittle ways, and graze i keep one of my ears prick toward him and the other at the new mare
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm

~Blue Angel~
I come in calmly at a bouncy trot, my light blue-grey head held high proudly. I stop when I see Dark Storm talking to a strange black mare and look at them with my ears perked forward. I watch them wondering if I should go say hi, but deside against it and trot over to Dawn whinnying hello. I stop by her and look around then lower my head and graze. After a few minutes I raise my head and look around then neigh loudly for Dust Storm, whom I left with the rest of the herd.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:24 am

dawn
i nicker to blue angel as i watch her come in, as she comes closer i nuzzle her lovingly, then continue to graze
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Dark Storm~
I gave the black mare a quick nod telling her she could hang out with us for now.I turned and galloped up to my mate and Blue Angel.I nuzzled Dawn.I would never choose another mare over her so there was nothing for her to fear.I nickered to Blue Angel.I wonder when the others were going to show up.It may take a while.I sighed and resumed my grazing.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:30 pm

dawn
i smile as he nuzzles me and i nicker softly to him, i only did this nicker for my love and he new it ment id never stop loving him. as we graze i watch for the rest of our herd and the new mare, then i watch blue angel to make sure shes safe then i continue to grae near dark storm, as we graze our noses touch and i nicker a very low nicker in my throat only he could hear.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Dark Storm~
I smiled,then raised my head.I snorted and walked towards the river.My eyes scanned the long fields for any other details about this territory.It was a nice place indeed,but while we ran in the field we would have to watch out for woodchuck holes that I assumed were there.I returned two the group of two and nickered softly once I was close to Dawn.I rested my head upon her withers keeping a eye on the woods where the others would soon come out.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

dawn
i smile as he puts his head over me and i lean into him and continue to graze and watch for our herd to come wondeirng where they are then i swish my tail and sign contently
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Dark Storm~
I grunted and lifted my head.I felt very fidgety.Maybe because there was only a couple of us and I was used to my big herd.I stomped my hoof and winnied.I heard no response and sighed.Where could they be?!?!?!
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 pm

{Midnight Star}
I stopped when I saw the stallion approach and they mare move off somewhere else. Once he came close he stopped and then started to walk in a circle around me. I'd heard of forcers so I felt uncomfortable, my mind racing and my heartbeat quickening. My feet fidgeted, and I started to turn with him, my head always facing his. My muscles were tensed so they looked even better than usual, seeing as I'd been running my whole life I was in very good shape. The sun bounced off my coat, making me look even more fit.

My mucsles loosened as he nodded to me that I could stay for now, everything seemed to relax. I watched as he stuck around what must'vs been his mate. My heart ached suddenly, a longing I'd always pushed aside. I turned away and walked over to the river. I bent my elegant head down and drank swiftly. The water was very refreshing and ice cold. I hadn't cleaned myself for at least 2 days. I felt instantly embarrassed, the stallion probably thought I looked disgusting and didn't want to have to tell me no. I nearly jumped into the river and lowered myself until only my head was above water. I closed my eyes and relaxed, allowing the water to cleanse every inch of my body. I walked out completely replenished and headed off to the side to graze in the shade beneath a large tree. I wasn't very far away from the stallion and his mare though, I was actually closer to them then anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Moon Dancer ~ " Sorry, got a bit side tracked .." I said to Dark Storm, I smiled to the others..

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:27 am

dawn
i nicker to dark storm to calm down, and to reasure him they will get here in no time. i lick his neck and smile, then i make sure blue angel stays close,i lift my head once i see moon dancer come in i whinny to him/her (?) and say" you finally got here" and smile then i look at dork strom and say" see their coming slowly but surely thier coming"
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Moon Dancer ~ " Definatly slowly in my case...I think I'm getting old.." I smile... " Don't worry, we'll all be here.." I reassured Dark Storm, and grazed a little bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Dark Storm~
I nodded"Yes,all of us."I chuckled.Even I was beginning to feel my age.I nickered a greeting to Moon Dancer.I sighed feeling more relaxed by both Dawn`s and Moon Dancer`s reassurement.My ears flipped forward when I heard the stream`s splashing water.I looked over and saw Midnight Star.I smiled.Never in my life had I seen a horse do that.My coat was brushed to a shine by the wind and that was all I needed.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 am

Dawn
I smile as dark strom starts to relax " we all have those days when we can feel our age,yet there are other days when I feel like a filly all over again" I smile and laugh as I say this then I graze close to dark storm, swooshing flies away with my tail and almost falling asleep as the sun shines down on my chestnut coat making it glow like a new copper penny
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Dark Storm~
"Yes,I guess that is how it is."I agreed with a bob of my head.I walked a few yards away from them and started to paw at the ground with my great big hooves.I grunted as my knees buckled and I layed down on the ground.I rubbed my face on the ground and rolled around in the dirt.Finally after minutes of doing this I relaxed and lied down on my side.I sighed and decided to rise.Slowly my hooves found the ground and I rose from the ground.I shook my whole body allowing the loose dirt to fall from my coat.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Dawn
I watch him go and I smile cause I get memories of our younger days together I nicker softly to him as he gets up
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Ayesha
I smiled when I saw all the rest of the herd in the meadow. I walked in quietly and nickered softly, my tail flicking in the breeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next