Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some studing advice.

Go down

Need some studing advice.  Empty Need some studing advice.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 am

I've got a very nice Yellow lab that is AKC registered with a fantastic family heritage. He is going through 3 training classes and will begun hunting lessons shortly after the obedience classes in July. Does anyone know anything about the proper way to make your dog available for breeding? I want to stud him with an equally good female and possibly get pick of the litter as payment.

I do know I have to get medical checkouts in May, he will be hip tested as well.

He is also turning two on Feb, 16 of this year. Pic's are available on request, if you want to offer your female only serious offers will be considered. Other than that advice is always welcome. And more information about our stud is also available on request.

Back to top Go down

Need some studing advice.  Empty Re: Need some studing advice.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 am

I have a three year old female mix. I don't know what breed she is crossed between, but I know she is part australian shepherd. She has dark tan 'eyebrows' above her eyes with a brown and white body. Her eyes are dark brown, and her paws are white. She is very fit and athletic, a good cow dog or hyper companion. Please get back to me about you lab C=.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 am

She sounds like a fantastic dog, but unfortunately we only wish to breed with another pure-lab female. Our male, Blitz, is a pure-blood and we want to carry on his line. I could have a word with my husband but I don't think he will let me breed blitz to a female without proper heritage and papers. If he did give his approval then perhaps we could work something out but I doubt I would be able to accept payment such as pick of the litter. There would have to be a stud fee.

I will speak of this to my husband. What state are you in?

Your interest is appreciated Very Happy

Here is a picture of Blitz: Need some studing advice.  168071_499171362273_705172273_6745203_1550232_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:00 pm

I would rather have a female that was a pure chocolate lab or a black lab, we would accept stud payment with the pick of the litter should a chocolate lab puppy be born.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Surprisingly, I DO own a pure lab. She is a jet black, short, friendly lady. Allie is very sweet and very loving. I've seen her take care of her pups and if she would breed with this lab, she would be very motherly and gentle with her babies. Currently, Allie is at a neighbor's house, and she is still ours, but she moves from place to place at a time with her son, Fred. Allie has a white 'slash' mark down her chest, and is in great shape, too. She's pretty fast for her size.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Ok, could you provide AKC papers for her? And proof of her pedigree? If not I will not be able to accept pick of the litter as payment and will have to charge a stud fee. And if I might ask are you at least 18? Because I will need to discuss this with your parents if not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I will try, but suppose I can't have my female breed with your male, you may want to post something on Craigslist to let the world know and people in your town/state that you have a male lab ready to get bred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 pm

I plan on it, and will be posting in the local newspaper as well, I mostly posted here to see if anyone could pass on some advice. I didn't expect to get many or any offers. A stud fee for a mixed breed female would run you about $300.00. That would include her time spent with us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Alright. Which state do you live in? I'm not sure if I am willing to race across the country for this, but if close, I can count on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm

I live in Arkansas, Russellville.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Ok, I may be able to have my female go over since I live in Limon, Colorado.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:19 pm

I've talked to my husband and we both agree that we want Blitz breed to a purebred like himself. If you can prove the heritage and breeding of your female then we would be more then happy to do business with you. Though without the papers we won't be able to authenticate a breeding, simply because a mixed puppy is worth next to nothing in the market, even with a champion bloodline sire. That and such a mixed breeding wouldn't improve his bloodline any nor hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I understand, so I need to find those papers. Thank you for the offer. I'll be sure to get back to you soon about the pedigree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Smile Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any further questions feel free to contact me via email, foxyfirewings@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Alright! Talk to you in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Any luck on those papers chicky?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 am

Yeah, I just found them yesterday... It turns out she is part German Shepherd, but mostly Labrador. I feel so awful, sorry for the inconvienience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down