Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nevermind this to

Go down

Who do you think is the best?

Nevermind this to I_vote_lcap13%Nevermind this to I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Nevermind this to I_vote_lcap50%Nevermind this to I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Nevermind this to I_vote_lcap37%Nevermind this to I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Nevermind this to Empty Nevermind this to

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:37 am

Nevermind

Last edited by Man O' War Lover on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Nevermind this to Empty Re: Nevermind this to

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Cool! Three votes! Two more and I will tell you who I think is the best! Very Happy Oh and I got two new member's on my site in just one day and an affilite kinda celabrating! cheers

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Ruffian is the winner in my opinon, why you may ask well here's my answer.

Ruffian at a young age of two and just starting her training needed to be held back in her workout's. This was before even she was racing, both Man O' War and Secretriat both struggled to outrun there fellow stablmates during training.

In the artical I share Ruffian's first race My 22nd, 1974 the crowed almsot laughed her off even when they hadn't seen her run (don't judge a book by it's cover) There where insult's of her being "just to fat" her geth mesured 75 1/2 inches, and "werent throwing away perfectly good money." Boy where they wrong! Not only did she win but she crossed the wire by 15 lengths in the front setting anew track recored for 5 1/2 as a two-year-old while breaking her maiden! (Secretariat lost his first race, now this I due to a bad start they say and I would agree this time sadly it was the jockey's fault he did better once they got Ronnie to ride him and it was a good change)

Fun fact: Ruffian was undefeted (Man O' War lost once and Secretariat lost thrice) in her ten start's! Her average winning margin is 8 lengths!

To make long story short I will go over her races like this:

<P align=center>

$ 134,073
$179,335
total

$313,408

Thanks to ESPN/Blood Horse/Sport's Clumist I was able to use the table of her races, please note race purses change through the year's I tried to find out how much money she would have won if she raced during the 2000's near our genaration. It would most liliy range around $6,000,000!

In the artical I shared you it states and is truth;

"She also shattered the previous record for a 2 year old at 6 furlongs at Saratoga, going 1:08 3/5, faster than any of the greats of the past including Man o' War and Secretariet." I didn't change anything this was a intresting cawensadence,

After that season she was awareded Eclipse Award for best two year old filly of the year!

In her thrid season the artical say's "From there she went on to sweep New York Filly Triple Crown, consisting of the Acorn, the Mother Goose, and the Coaching Club American Oaks, becoming only the 4th filly to do so, while simultaneously setting a stakes record in the first two legs and tying the existing one in the third. Then the question was asked... could she beat the boys? (Just like Secretariat in a triple series she set a new recored like the previus one the only difrence is he set a new recored in every triple race he was in/ the last race is where he made himself a racing "Inmortal" Man O' War missed the Derby beacuse his onwer didn't think horses at his age should be sent to Kentucky during that time so he only race in the two last races of the Triple Crown I still bealeve if he raced in the first leg he would have won.)

This just like her uncle aka Secretariat wininng the Tira Triple Crown made her a racing legend amung the greats.

This section of my anwnser just show's how badly she didn't want to be beat, I have no reason why it turned out the way it did here is the only flaw you will find in Ruffian's career. Ruffina was inbreed, not by much but by enough to make her bone dense, her being a big filly made up for this problem. But this was not over looked by her owner "Frank did not agree witch the match race set up for Ruffian to come face to face with Foolish Pleasure"! I think he was worried it was to soon and it had to do something with the health problems Ruffian had in the past. I hate talking about this but it really was no one's fault for what was to come.

Fact: Ruffina's jockey was the jockey of Foolish Plesure, he was given a choice from Frank (Ruffian's trainer) "eaither you ride Ruffian or you can stop riding her and ride Foolish Pleasure" there is no pesturing with the enamy in horse racing. Her jockey chose Ruffian over the Kentucky Derby winner Foolish Plesure, he said "I bealev I have the better horse".

So the match race was on it was mostl called "the battle of the sexis" Really stupid in a way but it was a filly facing off with a colt! they even had T shirt's kind like the team jacob and team edward shirt's but they had gender sign's on them. But hey I were a Ruffian shirt/

Here's the artical discription

The great match race was set, it was to be Ruffian against the Derby winner of 1975, Foolish Pleasure. Both horses broke cleanly, with Foolish Pleasure a step in front, but it was only a matter of seconds before they were going head to head. Ruffian stuck her nose in front, the opening quarter was run in 22 1/5. At this time Ruffian started pulling away from Foolish Pleasure, first a head, then a neck, then by half a length. Suddenly, the jockeys heard a snapping sound. Then Foolish Pleasure was in front by a length, two, three.... the announcer called out with disbelief, "Ruffian has broken down!" but the great filly kept running. She ground her leg into the track but there was no stopping her. By the time she was pulled up, her hoof dangled uselessly and it was all anyone could do to get her off the track.

Misuderstood Sport Moment's-

This is where I try and be as respectful to the sport and the filly's death as I can, I love the sport and I can honestly it has paid for no reason it happens it can to any horse even if it's not in a sport here is what happened please read it even if you now she passed away it hold's a real good reason of what happned-

Artical/my own word's- Before vet's give a horse surgery they give a horse medician to help it sleep but the affect's that happen when the horse wakes up is exspected by vet's these are the affects- horse my struggle when awake, may fler about and may put up a fight. I wrote it ina less medical term way so it was more easy to understand-

They operated on Ruffian all through the night but to no avail, she began running and ripped the cast off upon coming out of the anesthesia, causing further damage to her leg. The men and the vets around her had tried to perform a miracle surgery and it had only furthered her agony. Shortly after 2 am, Ruffian was put down, and she was free to run once more. She was buried around 9 pm that evening at belmont park, with her nose pointed towards the finish line. Hundreds showed up to pay their respects to the legendary filly. She had galloped into the hearts of people across the nation in only two short seasons and she would never be forgotten.

Fact's: She is the only horse to have been burried at Belmont and there has never been another aranged match race held in the U.S ever since (in some ways it's horse racing's way in saying sorry)

I have no reason to change my mind, she was the bravest, fastest most beautifule race horse ever dispit her flaws she may have like inbreeding and weight she proved that only one thing could defet her and it sneeks up on all of us eventuly, death. For me Secretriat is highly loved for his amazing and speechless victory in the Belmont Stakes. Man O' War carried weight as two-year-old only full grown races carried conseding up to 30 pounds more than the rest of the field on avrege ocasions. Both made amazing margins in victory Secretariat set 31 lengths and Man O' War set 100 lengths! Please don't make any mean comites at the sport by the way this topic wa sstarted to talk about the horses not for drama. Also thanks for reading I still love Man O' War and Secretariat as much as I ever will and always will if you guys want I could have a topic for just the two horses and see what others may say it's a most discussed topic in horse racing who is better Man O' War or Secretariat?

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 pm

<p>Stakes Record
<p>
<p>at 2:
Fashion Stakes - Won (Equalled Track Record)
Astoria Stakes - Won (Equalled Track Record)
Sorority Stakes - Won (New Stakes Record)
Spinaway Stakes - Won (New Stakes Record)
Champion 2yo Filly
at 3:
Comely Stakes - Won (New Stakes Record)
Acorn Stakes - Won (New Stakes Record)
Mother Goose Stakes - Won (New Stakes Record)
Coaching Club American Oaks - Won (Equalled Stakes Record)
Champion 3yo Filly

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down