Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raven-Shadowed [ Soul Hunter ]

Go down

Raven-Shadowed [ Soul Hunter ] Empty Raven-Shadowed [ Soul Hunter ]

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Dygon shuffled his feet, rather annoyed. He'd been pouring over this book all day now, and he hadn't gleaned a single piece of useful information. That may be due to the fact he'd read the book at least twenty times, but he needed a specific piece of information at this point in time. Sighing angrily, Dygon put the book away in his cape, which seemed to have pockets that were bottomless, and stood, stretching his aching back. He looked around, reddish-maroon eyes scanning the area very closely.
It was a rundown village. And it looked like redneck country (which, unfortunately, it was). Dirt and grime and more dirt and some sand were all that surrounded this village for miles. It was quite old-fashioned and Dygon hated it very much. He only stayed here because this place, oddly enough, had the largest library with the most amount of magical books he'd ever seen. There was one book in particular that he wanted to rent, or possibly buy, but no matter how many times he offered a large sum of money, or asked to rent it, the answer was always no.
Apparently, this book contained "special information" that wasn't to be "released to the public at any date, time, or place." This vexed Dygon to no end, and he would've turned into his falcon form right then and there, but that wouldn't be accepted in a library.
Despite his odd looks that stood out very much in this hick town, he was glossed over easily. Nobody knew his true abilities or his status, and the fact that he was a Raven Wizard. Having the power over death and life bound together was a great power, and if anybody knew, they'd fear him, and possibly try to kill him. Most people, though, just thought him to be a gothic young adult who prefered odd clothing and magic books. Dygon accepted this, though, as it kept him off the radar. It was an advantage to him, a disadvantage to everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Raven-Shadowed [ Soul Hunter ] Empty Re: Raven-Shadowed [ Soul Hunter ]

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:42 pm

A loud collection of shouts a screams began to echo through the village. Someone had stolen the book, they didn't hold any magical power accept ebing able to create illusions to fool people but that still help her a lot. She was a theif, losing everything she had no other means of living. "Give that back you.." "Oh shut it..there are plenty more books what's so important about this one?" she asked and looked to them but soon just vanished into the shadows. Panting a little she sat down hiding the book under her black cloak and pulling a hood over her head so no one would recgonise her but electric blue eyes were very odd in these regions.
she flicked through the book not udnerstanding most of it but knew it would fetch a high price sicne she'd seen someone trying to persuade the owner to let them buy it.
She smiled a little "Got myself a good one this time" she said nodding happiyl to herself. "Might get a decent meal too" smilign at the thoguht she leaned back adn closed her eyes thinking about what she should get with the money.

"There she is!" shouted a group of them spotting ehr .. jumping to her feet she legged it and swiftly tried to hide herself again.To most she was just a young girl who was horrible and jsut stole for the sake. To her she was really jsut someone who wanted to live dearly. recently loosing her younger brother didn't help either.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Location : sitting at a table playing a dangerous game of cards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Dygon began to walk through the middle of the town, the bottom of his long black cape swishing along the ground and sending up tiny twisters of dirt. A large group of officials rushed past him, nearly pushing him to his feet, and in rage and uncontrolled magic, had one fall dead without a single touch. The group stared for a moment, and others could be heard yelling from a distance, and he could see yet another group. The group of the one felled member stared at him in horror for a moment before rushing away, in the opposite direction.
Curious as to what exactly was going on down the street, he swept up into a light jog to get to where he wanted to go. Dygon slipped down an alleyway just to run into somebody, who seemed to be carrying something rather heavy.
Dygon made a quiet noise as he hit his stomach against the figure, then straightened himself and peered into the darkness to see the shape of a girl wearing a black cloak. "Excuse me?" He asked, curious as to why she was down this alleyway by herself.
As if on que, he heard the shouts growing louder from the officials.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 pm

She jumped ot her feet when he came over hiding the book still gripped firmly agianst her "yes, what is it?" she asked. She still had to confirm one more thing before she sold it. Her grandfather had been a raven wizard and had lost a very important book years ago which had her family crest in it. She needed to check that first and waited for him to speak. She heard the offcials ggrowing ever closer and jerked suddenly quickly escapeing into darker shadows in order to escape them gripping the book tightly and not letting go yet. She was clearly not going to give it up and once she was sure there was no one there she searched through it. "My family crest, grandfather" she whispered seeing a raven sheild in the book and closed it gripping it tightly as she hid it under her black cloak.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Dygon frowned at her as she turned and took the book with her, which he had now seen unmistakably. How she'd gotten it out and was still alive, he'd never know, but he had to get his hands on it now. He rushed after her after shooting a deadly glance at one of the officials, and he fell down, not dead but writhing in pain and gripping at his heart. With the distraction, Dygon ran to catch up with the girl and barred her path in the narrow alleyway.
"I see you've got the book there," Dygon snapped harshly. Now that he didn't have to buy it, he could easily take it by force. "I think you'd like to hand it over now, before you end up like that poor officer over there." Dygon nodded with a jerk of his head towards the officer that was screaming uncontrollably and grasping at his chest, the other officers crowded around him and trying to hold him still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 pm

"Why should I, This belong to my family, I have no reason to give it to you" she snapped at him clutching it tightly she wasn't going to let him or anyone have it, It was all she had of her family now. "And don't you dare under estimate me either" she said to him backing away her fingers twitiching a little as she concerntrated on him. he tried to find hsi fear and use that to scare him off while she got away. After a bit she gave up adn threw her illusions at him and quickly dashed to what she called him nothing more than an old building on a dangerous street. She panted and found ehr small den curling up protectly around the book and hid herself with it as best she could.
Her pet raven landed beside her and lay down cawing a little to comfort her in it's own way. She stayed there alert knowing she'd be found sooner or later and hand to think quickly about what she would do. "he's dangerous Calicfer, very dangerous" she said to her raven. "What's so important about this book, it belonged ot grnadpa" she asked it and looked to hte raven who just gave a caw.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Dygon instantly realized the illusions, and he grimaced angrily. Yes, it would throw him off. And yes, it would take him a while to pick her trail back up, but no, it wouldn't be impossible. Angrily Dygon slashed his hand through the illusion and turned into a falcon, landing on a rooftop and staring down at the rundown town, taking in every single detail.
For a falcon, he was oddly colored: instead of the chocolate-and-tawny-flecked brown, he was a black with grey flecks. He was easily noticable, along with his odd coloration of feathers and the fact that his beak and talons were also grey, and his eyes were a striking maroon. He called out angrily and began to fly down lower, searching every single pathway until he came to a dead end and sensed another bird, but no human presence. He cawed loudly before landing and looking around, confused as to where her whereabouts were. He was close, he could tell, but how close?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 pm

She lifted her head a little and shuffled having fallen asleep over the course of time. She didn't awake until she heard the loud caw " Calcifer" she said and he cawed a little. she looked up seeing a falcon "Raven-Wizard, there are none of that type of bird here it must be.. grnadpa turned into an eagle I remeber that clearly" she muttered and kept her hold on the book still. "I'll have to move" she muttered and moved sielntly throught he shadows careful not to run into anyone her hands not letting go of the heavy book at all.
The officers had lost her at least but he seemed mroe of a bigger threat to her moving silently she stopped seeing him again He found me she quickly moved back making no sound she moved again and hid in another one of her dens to rest still refusing to let og of the book.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Dygon quickly picked out the very muffled sound of footsteps and took to the skies, looking down through the trees and other obsticles with expert eyes. He loved his falcon form; he could see many more things that he wouldn't have been able to, otherwise. Dygon cawed loudly again and swooped lower, flying almost on the ground, until he saw a pair of feet running at high speed. Tilting his wings to the right a bit, Dygon made his way over to the feet and swerved in front of the figure, morphing back into his human form, flipping the first magic book from his bottomless pocket and handing it out to her.
"Bigger isn't always better," he gestured with a nod towards the large book she wanted. "I'm assuming you're wanting powerful spells. This book? Tells how to create real gold, curse enemies, create homes from trees--quite cozy, I used to own one myself--and much more. How about we trade, little girl?" Dygon offered. He'd used a very little bit of magic to enchant the pages to make her see the spells she wanted to see, as well as all the spells he'd mentioned and a few more to add onto the side. He smirked lightly at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm

She almost fell back when he suddenly appeared in front of her and watched his every movement cautious of him. She glared at him and backed up clutching the book even more tightly "No, it's my grandpa's I've been searching too long and I don't care I can't use spells stupid Raven-Wizard" she said to him her raven landed on her shoulder and cawed angrily at him. Backings up more she was ready to make a break for it with the book as well. "I'm not giving it to you, It's my Grandpa’s book and has my family crest, So it doesn’t belong to you" she said sternly.. The raven attacked and quickly flapped in front of him and she moved swiftly exhausted she didn't get far and his in an old den under the roots of an old oak tree.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:45 pm

In an angered state, Dygon grabbed the bird by its talon, and pulled it beside him, holding its wings firmly in place with a bit of difficulty. When he had the bird secured in his grip, he slipped his book into his bottomless pocket and strode off towards the female.
"Now," he told the raven through gritted teeth, "When we get near her you're going to caw like a good birdie, all right? So she thinks it's just you. Otherwise I doubt you'll live to eat another worm."
Dygon continued walking, following the very faint footsteps in the soft earthy soil. Dygon was going to get that book. He needed it. And what crest did it have anyways? Dygon worked alone; he had his own crest, and that's how Raven Wizards usually worked: alone. How was it that she had a family crest, then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Calcifer cawed a little angrily at him but gulped slightly. Her grandfather was arathe eccentric raven-wizard so it had become the family crest through his name. She kept clitching the book to her and came out hearing Calcifer cawing she came oout "Calcifer, that you?" she froze seeing Dygon there again. She jerked and backed up again "What's so importnat abut this book anyway, it's just a load of spells my grandfather made up" she said the raven crest was even on the cover as well.
Calcifer flew from his pocket gettign free and landed on ehr shoulder and gave her a sort of nuzzle of apolgy since he didn't want ehr to be left alone he had no choice but to follow the instructions she was given.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Angrily, Dygon made three swift steps over to her, placing his hand on one of her wrists and gripping it tightly, "Dear, I don't like hurting little girls." Dygon gripped tighter, though it was unintentional. "So, I suggest you give me that book unless you and your pretty little bird want to die. I'm a Raven Wizard, and I really doubt that you want me to unleash my full potential on you two, as my test guinea pigs." Dygon smirked and shook her wrist, his other hand extended towards her to get the book from her. If she didn't give it up willingly, he was at the perfect advantage just to take it from her. Dygon smirked and added, "What's your grandpappy going to do with a book like that? Learn how to grow hair?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:06 pm

She tried pulling her wrist away not caring if it broke she could firgure out how to heal it anyway. Still struggling she almost fell back but kept her other arm over the book not letting him grab her other wrist She didn't respond to his threat and just glared at him angrily. "Grandpa is dead, they took from him, So I'm taking it back and I'm not letting anyone have it" she said trying to break her own wrist so she could get free from his grip. She kept struggling and didn't let him take the book from her hidng it under her cloak still with her other hand. "Let me go" she said to him. "And I know your a raven wizard Grandpa was one too, so I know how to tell stupid" she said angrily still trying to get away from him still. She managed to yank her wrist from his grip and abcked up into the tree with glaring electric blue eyes. Calcifer had flown off for a reason.
She kept her cloak around her tightly and her eyes made one glance to the sky but she still made sure he didn't try to get near her. Bunched up black feathers in particualr shape and patteren the tips hid behind her legs constantly angleing themselves. She was tempted to move herself up high but that wouldn't leave her with much choice. She quicky moved the the side and tried running again.

(I felt like giving her raven wings...lol)
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:42 pm

[ lol it's okay ]

Dygon, rather annoyed at her now, let go the same time she'd managed to wrench her wrist free. "If you want it to be like that, so be it. But just to let you know, little girl, this won't be the last time you see from me. The next time, you won't see anybody ever again." Dygon whirled his cloak around him after slipping the spellbook into his bottomless pocket and turned into his falcon form, spreading his wings and leaping into the air, shooting up like a jet towards the sky, ruffling leaves as he passed them and breaking a few twigs as he flew up and up, out of the forest.
Dygon spread out his wings once he touched the blue of the sky and began flying over the forest, in the opposite direction, down to the town he'd come from. Though they'd know who he was now, that meant he'd probably get his way out of their fear. He'd collect the rest of the spellbooks from that God-damned library and figure out a way to silence that little runt of a girl. She would learn to listen to her elders, and her enemies much stronger and well-equipt, if it was the last thing he did.
Of course Dygon didn't want to kill her. He merely wanted that book and to teach her not to mess with him. He didn't take kindly to being disobeyed and insulted. Especially if it was all in one day, all by one person. And a girl, at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Leotie panted a little and collapsed where she was hiding in a different den hidden by roots she pulled her cloak off revealing tow raven wings on her back with pure black feathers. Setting up a fire she made sure the book stayed close to her “I’ve really gotten myself into a mess this time huh?” she said to herself. “He deserved it anyway arrogant bastard” she muttered and tossed some twigs on the warm fire and sighed walking outside she looked to the starless midnight veil across the sky and sighed a little before going inside. She ate some scraps of food and then fed her raven who gladly accepted it giving her a light peck on the cheek as a thanks “I need to make sure I’m out of here early” she muttered.
She curled up around the book as she slept black raven wings falling around her as she wore her cloak ready to move when morning came to the land. She breathed softly as she slept adn soon awake clutching the book tightly to her as she looked around adn woke up Calcifer who landed on her shoulder as they walked out "Maybe we should fly, cover more ground" she muttered... She pulled her cloak off and stuffed it in her pouch before she stretched ehr wings out and took flight letting Calcifer lfy ahead.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:57 pm

When Dygon landed and transformed back into his humanoid form, he was completely enraged. He desemated the town, killing everybody and anyone who dared cross his path, including the innocents of the town. He stormed into the library and filled his bottomless pocket with the other twelve volumes of spellbooks, including Volume II of the book that silly girl had. It wouldn't help him much, since the first book had most of the spells in it, and these were merely instructions or spells built off of spells in the first book, that he'd need to know before he could use the spells in this book, Dark Magic, Volume II. He grimaced angrily and turned into his falcon form again, taking off.

When morning arose, he found himself perched in a tree. Apparently he'd forgotten to go back to his human form. Grumbling to himself he spread his wings and began his search for the girl again. Maybe she'd be easily bribed for the Dark Magic, Volume II.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:04 pm

She jerked flying over the town and hovered there a little bit wincing "what happened, go see Calcifer" she said and he flew off into the village and came back cawing and talking to her. "Why is this book so important, it’s old and useless" she said "but it was grandpa's oh well" she said laughing a little and stroked her raven still holding the book before she let her wings catch the wings and soar over the village to see for herself.
She sighed "I might as well ask next time and he is getting annoying" she said frowning a little and landed folding her wings tightly and pulling her cloak over her she went to the library "Excuse me what happened?" "God know, a man went berserk and took volume two of the book that was stolen the day before" they said and she grimaced. He's still after it.. I need to hide she thought and quickly went outside and flew off she landed in a tree and gulped thinking to herself.
She let her wings fall limp with her cloak stuffed in her pouch as she flicked through the book with lean electric blue eyes and mouthed the spells out but didn't speak them.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Dygon landed in her old, seemingly abandoned cave and took out Dark Magic, Volume II. He began to scan the pages vigorously, until he found the section entitled "Individual Spells."
Smirking happily, Dygon flipped to the page (562) and began scanning it. He landed on a spell called 'Hide-And-Seek,' and began reading over its instructions carefully. As he read and reread the passage his smile began to grow. Putting the book on the cold floor he began to speak the incantation to put a nearly undetectable, irreversible tracking device on the girl. The only problem was he didn't know her name, so the tracking spell may not be exactly correct of her location, three miles off at most, in any direction.
Ignoring the setback, Dygon finished his chant and shoved the book back into his bottomless pocket and took off, his left eye completely disabled from the world around him, instead replaced by a greenish graph with a black dot (himself) that moved and showed his location, and a red dot (the girl) that moved and showed her location. It was currently not moving, and he prayed to every god he'd ever heard of that this tracking device wouldn't be more than a mile offcourse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:18 pm

The raven cirled aorund the areas breifly before setting off and spotted him but just flew off like he was any normal raven and headed back reporting what he had seen "tracking spell, by god I hop it didn't work, luckily he doesn't know my name huh?" she said and clutched the book to her before she stretched ehr wings and swiftly pushed herself off the branch and moved in other direction towards a further off place to rest sicne flying took a lot out of her.
She settled down beside a waterfall this time placing the book infront of her she cupped some water in her hands and then hid herself her wings moving over her as she walked through the falls into a hidden cave adn rested there sure that she wouldn't be foudn she let Calcifer wonder off to scavange and see if he could find some scraps to eat later.
"Hopefully I won't be found or if I am he won't spot me" she whispered resting there for a while.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Dygon suddenly sprung an idea. He landed speedily and took out Dark Magic, Volume II and reread it. Apparently, he could scry objects as well as people. Grinning, he hastily removed the tracking device from the girl and onto Dark Magic, Volume I. The weird tracking device screen appeared over his left eye, showing a bright yellow dot as to where the book was located. He turned back into his falcon form and sped off to where he could find it, for where it was, the girl was also.

[ WOOOW i had a major brainfart ... ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Leotie sighed a little and just rested she began to read through the book and read through her grandfather’s old writing with important notes on either side of the spells. She sighed and then found a copy of the tracking spell and read it “Damn it, he can track this book as well” she said and stood up. She quickly hovered in the air and looked around seeing a falcon she jerked remembering that was his other form and quickly ducked into the trees and flew through them racing at top speed with swift agile wings carrying her quickly as she clutched the book to her.
She panted a little after a while and landed a little before she pushed herself back into the air and tried to spot him again. Where is he? damn, I lost track. She clutched the book to her still "Calcifer, do you know why this books so important?" she asked the raven who hovered beside her.

She heard shouting "Theif, she's up there" "Oh dear black wings?" said one of them people hiding in their hosues and she frowned a little swerving to the side as they started to fire at her. She jerked and tried to swerve away from them but got herself hit and just fell back to the ground a little ways off. She groaned after banging her head and paniced she began running in any direction she didn't know he was also in that direction before she almsot fell and broke one of wings pretty much running into him.

Last edited by Soul Hunter on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 pm

{ I'm so freaking braindead... DX }

Back to top Go down