Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only}

2 posters

Go down

Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only} Empty Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only}

Post by Sammi Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:16 pm

She sat, she sat in the place she always did. Same spot, same position, same facial expression. Her blue eyes stared ahead, down the mile-long dirt driveway that cut off three side roads you would have to travel on to reach her little white ranch house.

Out in the middle of nowhere, the little ranch sat in a clearing of a thick forest, it had the main house, a two story wooden home, with big windows and spacious rooms, it had a huge deck on the front of it, and on each side was a swinging bench chair, where Abigail sat on the same one every day, staring straight ahead, her legs crossed Indian style, and her elbows on her knees.

There was one big red barn, with eight roomy stalls inside, each stall housed an equine, the first, a large Halflinger named Amaro, the second, two small Shetland ponies, Jack and Jill, the third, Abigail's father's main cattle horse, a dark bay saving gelding named Brazil. The next two stalls had flaxen quarter horse mares, and the sixth stall house the single stallion they had on the ranch, a 6 year old quarter horse and mustang  bred stud named TLC Justin Time. The seventh stall housed the newest addition, a seven month old mustang grullo paint colt named Barcode. And last but not least, the eighth stall held Abigails prized possession, her mustang quarter horse cross mare, Kimchi.

Surrounding the entire ranch, are three huge pastures, the biggest one expanding over ten acre's , where they let the cattle roam, and occasionally any mustangs they had to foster from the BLM. 

Today felt like any normal day, and Abigail flinched when she heard the creak and slam of the fragile wooden door of her home open next to her. She looked up, blue eyes shimmering at the silhouette of her father in the mid afternoon sun. He was looking down on her, his green eyes twinkling, like they always did.

"Abby, I'm going to go to town to fetch some supplies, then I'll go and drive out to check on the cattle, and look for any predators or mustangs. I should be back late tonight, if you'll need me, I'll have my cell phone." He smiled at her.

Abby nodded, brushing her brown hair away from her soft face. "Okay.."

Her father cleared his throat as he began to walk off toward his dust covered truck. "Oh," he stopped as he reached the driver's side door. "You should be expecting company, our...neighbor...will be coming with her son to check up on you, and she'll have groceries. So don't be alarmed. I've known her for a while, just make them comfortable." he got into his truck and drove off without a second glance at his young daughter.

"Yes...dad.." Abigail sighed, resting her head against the back rest of the white painted bench. She watched the blue pickup disappear down the winding isolated driveway, and she thought about her father's hour long journey to the nearest town. She sighed, looking down at her old black converse, and rubbed the white tips. Company, she thought for a moment. Who was this 'neighbor'? And how old was her son? Would they get along? Did she know this lady? Was her dad romantically interested in her? 

With frustration, Abby moaned, and bent over, landing on a feather puffed pillow, her hair falling over her face.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only} Empty Re: Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only}

Post by BayMickey Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:02 pm

The dairy cow made noises no animal should ever let come out of its maw. "Shh, it's alright, c'mon, you've got it." Greyson coaxed the cow, rubbing the space in between her two ears. Finally, two skinny back legs appeared from her rump. 'A little bit more, girl." Then, the calf was on the barn floor, the mother now licking it clean. "Good job, hun." Greyson cleaned the calf off a little more himself, then let it out into a small pasture with its mother. Horses neighed in the faint background, one standing out to him than the rest. He would check on Voldemort later.

Greyson went back to the house, his mother there with brown bags full of groceries. "Do I have to go, Mom? I mean, I don't even know these people. You'll be fine by yourself." His mother, Bella, shook her pretty head. "You have to go. Our neighbor has a daughter. Maybe you two could be friends." Greyson rolled his eyes. "I have friends."

This debate went on for another five minutes, before Bella won. 'Alright, I'll go." Greyson sighed, carrying groceries to the truck and placing them in the backseat. His mother brought the rest, the two of them getting into the car. Greyson was in the driver's seat him turning the key in the ignition.

They pulled out the driveway, Bella giving her son directions to the house. "Why do you call them our neighbors when they live so far away?" Bella snorted and rolled her eyes at her son. Her pulled into another driveway, seeing a house in the distance. He wondered about the girl. Grey parked and jumped out the truck's seat, pulling bags with him. Bella approached the house. "Hello? Anyone home?" Her own dirty blonde hair in a long ponytail resting on her back. Grey was a spitting image of her, but way more masculine. He approached the house, shutting the house with his tan boot. "They're not here. Oh well, we tried. Let's go home."

BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only} Empty Re: Keeping me waiting ... {BayMickey Only}

Post by Sammi Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Abby had moved to lounging in her room, her radio softly playing music from her iPod as she twirled her hair around in her fingers. She jumped a little when she heard voices out front, and she got to her feet, walked to her window, and saw the two people walking up to her home. She examined them from her window, the boy looked rough, like a farm person, unlike Abby, who was dressed in designer skinny jeans, and a fitted black and white checkered V-neck. The only thing original about her were her shoes, her old shoes.

She sighed, rubbing her forearm, and she slowly moved her fingers over the radio, pressing the off button just as she heard the mixed voices of the pretty woman and her young boy. She cleared her throat, brushed her long wavy brown hair, and opened her door. She slowly made her way down the stairs, her blue eyes widening at the sight of her visitors. The boy was kind of attractive, and she felt a slight blush run to her cheeks.

When she reached half way down the steps, she parted her lips and spoke out a soft greeting. "Hi." She smiled slightly, and when she reached the floor she looked at the two strangers, then looked the boy in the eyes , before looking away shyly. "I'm Abigail, Marcus' daughter. He went to town, sorry that you missed him."
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Bella greeted the girl sweetly, with Greyson standing on the side of her, unamused look on his face. "Oh, it's alright sweetie. I'm Bella, no miss, and this is Greyson." She shook her hand once they got close enough, but Greyson didn't budge. "We live down the street from here, and we brought you some groceries. She motioned to Greyson, whom was holding the bags. Greyson kept the bored looked on his face, but muttered a small "Hello." He scuffed his boot against the dirt, making dust rise from the ground.
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Abby smiled, and shook the woman's hand carefully. She waved a small hello to Greyson, and then moved her arms, offering for them to enter the house further. "You can put them in the kitchen, thank you." She waked with them, watching Greyson with he bags of food, and tucked her long hair behind her ear. She stood in awkward silence, and leaned against the wall. She then cracked a shy smile, and tried to go for a little joke. "I didn't even know we had neighbors, the road isn't even at the end of the driveway." She smirked, then a hot blush came to her face as she caught Greyson staring at her, and she looked down at her feet, her converse scuffing the wooden floor with a squeak.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Greyson and Bella went inside, Greyson putting the grocery bags on the table. Bella laughed at the girl's joke, but Greyson shoved his hands in his pockets, and stood there. he had to admit it, she was pretty. Bella started a boring conversation, like she always did, and Grey rolled his eyes. "Mom, she doesn't care." She was saying something about how far away they lived, and Bella snorted at her son. She replied, Fine then, then went and sorted out the groceries, offering to put them in the cabinets.

Greyson decided to make conversation, I mean, he thought it wouldn't hurt. "I see y'all have horses." His southern accent flowed smoothly out of his mouth.

I changed his pic~
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb58umhj841qe4nyno1_500.jpg
Just a little bit older looking.

Voldermort too~
http://www.coachingwithhorses.com/images/GreyHorse.jpg
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Bella smiled at Greyson when he snapped at his mother, she really didn't much care, and she smiled at him, her eyes twinkling. She looked at him with blue eyes, tucking her hair behind her ear and clearing her throat. She looked out the window that sat above the kitchen counter, and looked out to the white fenced pasture that held a few horses. She nodded, and directed her attention back to Grey. "Yeah , we have a few. My Dad's into them, and so am I," she shrugged.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Greyson nodded. "We have a ranch over where we live. Cattle and horses." He flipped the loose hair out of his eyes, the necklaces around his neck clicking together. He sighed, resting his back against the wall. Bella gave him a stern look, and he straightened back up. "Where are you starting school?"

(Sorry its so short)
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:17 pm

(its okay)

She listened intently, her eyes traveling across Greysons face, looking at his features. She began to look down his body, and then her blue eyes traveled up to meet back with his. She gave his a soft smile and a nod. She then froze, and her fingers ran across her cheek, tapping her lips as she looked at him. School. She sighed, and her hand dropped to her side. "I'm being homeschooled by a tutor three days a week. I live to far away from town to go to the public school over there. It's not like it matters...I'm in my last few years of high school anyways." She shrugged it off.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Greyson nodded at her answer, watching her look him over. He tried not to smile or laugh, but met her gaze when she came back at his eyes. "I wish. I drive to the school everyday. This might seem rude, but how old are you?" Greyson sighed as the distinct beeping of his phone. he didn't acknowledge it, since he knew who it was. Probably Ryan, his best friend, wanting to do something lame. He would text him back later.
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:33 am

Abigails light eyes flashed at the floor, a light blush flowed up to her cheekbones when the two met eyes. She brushed her bangs away from her face, and softly patted the kitchen counter. She listened to his question, and shyly she replied. "I'm 16.." She looked up at him, her eyes flashed to his pocket when she heard the buzzing phone. She stared in a moment of silence, and when he let the phone go, she continued speaking. "How old are you?" She cocked her head gently, beginning to relax a bit more as the two advanced in their small talk.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 pm

(Plz add a rating)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down