Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus and Me

2 posters

Go down

Jesus and Me Empty Jesus and Me

Post by Dark**Light Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Jesus and Me
Jenny jumped as the surgeon came out of the operating room. There was a glum look on his face as he opened his mouth to speak. Jenny jogged up to the man and cut him off by saying “When can my boy come home! When will he be here! Will he ever be the same!?” Jenny continued asking questions until the surgeon rested a hand on her shoulder. “We did all we possibly could. We’re sorry but, your son didn’t make it.” Jenny’s eyes clouded as tears flowed into her eyes. The surgeon looked into her eyes and said “You can go see him before we send him off to the University. In fact, the nurse is waiting for you.” Jenny nodded and walked into the operating room, tears flowing down her cheeks. The nurse looked at her and said “We really tried to save your son… but,” Jenny cutoff the nurse by saying “I know. Ryan was a strong child. You tried to save him. You did everything possible.” The nurse smiled and said “I’m glad you understand. He’s with the good lord now.” Jenny’s eyes flooded with anger as she said “The good lord let my son die. Where was he when my son needed him most? Why couldn’t he save him?” Jenny ran her fingers through her son’s orange hair. Her son had fiery hair…but to Jenny, the hair had lost its flaming glow. It seemed so lifeless and dead. Jenny looked at the nurse and said “Can I have a lock of his hair, something to remember him by?” The nurse nodded and cut a lock of Ryan’s hair off. The nurse dropped it into a bag and handed it to Jenny. Jenny gripped the bag tightly as she left the children’s hospital.
Jenny fumbled with her keys as she stepped up to her front door. Jenny placed the key in the lock and turned it angrily. Jenny stepped into the house and shut the door, wiping away tears as she did so. Jenny grabbed a large, brown, paper bag and placed the bag of hair in it. She carried the paper bag up the stairs and into Ryan’s room. Jenny placed the bag on his bed and began to pull out Ryan’s toys out of the bag. Jenny placed the toy cars on a shelf, just like Ryan had them when he slept in the room. Jenny pulled out an assortment of pictures that Ryan had drawn and began to tape them onto the wall…the same way Ryan had. Lastly, Jenny pulled out the bag with his Ryan’s hair in it. She placed the bag on his night stand and sat down on Ryan’s bed. Jenny looked around and pictured Ryan sitting at his desk, drawing a new picture to add to the wall. Jenny looked at the floor and placed a hand over her mouth. Jenny began to emit small, muffled, sobs as tears ran down to her nose and dripped off of the tip. She, eventually, lied down on Ryan’s bed and cried herself to sleep.
Jenny woke up, eyes fluttering open, to a letter folded in front of her face. Jenny looked at the letter and on the front, it said Mom. Jenny sat up and picked up the letter. Jenny couldn’t believe her eyes. “Ryan?” she called out. Jenny had hoped that Ryan dying at the hospital was just a dream. Before Jenny opened the letter, she looked at the nightstand. The bag was still there. Jenny let the scene of Ryan dying run through her head again. The thought made her eyes cloud with tears. Jenny looked back down at the letter, tears dotted the cover. She smiled, looking at her son’s handwriting. Jenny finally opened the letter and it read:
Dear Mom,
Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. I don’t hurt anymore. God couldn’t bear to see me in so much pain. When I got there, I was met by Jesus himself. He looks nothing like the pictures. When Jesus told me where I was, Grandma and Grandpa showed me around a bit. They said it’ll take years for me to see it all though. They told me that they haven’t even seen a third of it. After they showed me around, Jesus took me to God! I sat right on his lap and he talked to me. I asked if I could write a letter to you, but I already knew that wasn’t allowed. But guess what, he gave me a piece of paper and his special pen! I’m writing with God’s pen! God told me that he understood. He also told me to answer your question for him. When you asked where he was when I needed him most, he said that he was in the same place he was for me when I needed him, as when Jesus was on the cross. Also, I won’t mind if you decide to adopt another boy. He could play with my toys and sleep in my room. But if you adopt a girl then you’ll have to buy a bunch of girl things like dolls and all that stuff. God told me that when I’m done to bring it back to him because he was gonna send some angel named Gabriele to give you my letter. The angels are so cool! It’s really cool to watch them fly around and stuff. One last thing, only you can see what’s on this letter. To everyone else, it looks like a blank piece of paper. Isn’t that cool! I should probably finish up so I can give God his pen back. So, I know you’re gonna miss me…I’m gonna mss you, too.
With love from God,
Jesus and Me

Jenny smiled and held the letter close to her heart. I’ll never forget you, Ryan. She thought. “Jenny! I’m home!” Jenny’s husband yelled. Jenny ran down the stairs and said “Ryan didn’t make it.” Jenny’s husband hugged her tightly and said “I’m so sorry. I can make it up to you and take you to a fancy dinner.” Jenny smiled and said “I don’t need a fancy dinner for me to stay close to Ryan. All I need is to be close to God. He can fix anything.” Jenny looked at the letter and thought, All I need is Jesus and Me.
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Curled up in a hole ready for the cold embrace of death

Back to top Go down

Jesus and Me Empty Re: Jesus and Me

Post by themagus Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Deep, beautiful.
themagus
themagus
Admin