Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Pride (Not completed)

2 posters

Go down

Lions Pride (Not completed) Empty Lions Pride (Not completed)

Post by ZeldaWolfy Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Lions Pride

I was born to an outlaw of the prides. My mother,Sheba,gave me to my father because I looked to much like him to pass off as a 'pride member.' He took me in that night,it was so cold and brutal. My fur was still soaked from those quick seconds of birth. The home lands,such a place. Only to be known by your tags and colors. It was stupid. Even my father, Mwyene, thought it was the most unforgiving thing. He kept me in the cave for weeks,coming back with meat once I was able to eat it. The outlaw females nursed me while my father watched out for them. He was a great leader,no doubt. His fur was as dark as the night,his mane sparkled under the night while his eyes were sharp enough to pierce an elephant. His heart ran with pride and the fuel that one day,he could restore order to these lands. I was very little at that time,that time when I had to run away with my father. Off the pride lands and to the shadows. This day,this coldness encouraged by fear,was the first feeling in my newborn life. Today,I was once again expected to follow the lioness's orders. The sun shined among the grass lands. A dark coated lioness watched over me. Her eyes were focused among the distance and I sat beside her. I played with her tail that swayed back and forth. "Hehe! Hey,Fauna?" I asked,my deep purple eyes looked up into the lioness's green eyes. She looked at me,lifting a paw up and placing it further away from me. "Yes Aria?" the lioness asked me,her ears twitched as she heard the sudden squawks of cranes. "Why does daddy have to hunt?" I questioned her,rolling to my feet and sitting down. "Because,all our lioness's are either injured by the Natori Pride or taking care of our cubs." she replied. I nodded,looking off into the distance and something caught my eye. I stood up,seeing a brightly colored lioness stalking a zebra nearby. I was about to speak until Fauna stepped on my head with her dark paw. I moaned and then watched as she laid low in the dark grass. Fauna quietly moved toward the lioness, the lioness hunting didn't even notice her mistakes. Fauna watched,ready to leap at her the zebra suddenly ran as the bright colored lioness got exposed in the day. "What happened..?" the lioness asked out loud,it's head tilted in confusion. Just then I watched Fauna jump right out from behind the lioness,her claws unsheathed and her mouth opened wide. She landed right on top of the lioness. Her teeth sinked into its shoulders and her claws dug into its throat. The lioness roared in pain and tried to get Fauna off it's back. Now,Fauna had many nicknames that suited her but,the one that fit best was 'Sabertooth Killer.' I watched them fight from on top of a large rock. It seems that the lioness had lost and Fauna held its neck in her mighty jaws. She released it from her jaws,watching it limp off away from her. Fauna came back to me with a fast pace. She laid beside me,her muzzle was blood stained and her dark coat glittered in the light due to the blood scattered on her coat. I gasped,seeing her large fangs made me a bit uneasy near her but,if father trusted her then I should to. "Wow! That was amazing Fauna!" I told her in amazement. She smiled slightly,turning her head to me she then picked me up by the scruff of fur behind my head. "Come now,your father is back." she said,walking off. I meowed in joy,being able to see my father again. We walked to a large field. It had a river going around it to give it a feel of an island. Fauna took a mighty leap over it and landed on the other side. It hurt a bit when she landed since she had to tighten her grip by instinct but,I hit used to it after many times. There was a large rock in the middle of the field. It was surrounded by a pack of lioness's, all dark colored and eyes that showed obvious delight. They were all eating from a mighty African Wildebeest carcass. Fauna put me down near it, eating some of it herself even though she had a nice,well,almost a fresh kill before. I dug into the flesh of the wildebeest's leg,ripping off the mouth watering meat that made my stomach rumbles as soon as it tainted my mouth. I soon had my fill, turning to the large rock I saw my father laid down on it. His claws sinked deep into the hard stone of that rock,his eyes kept focus on around him and his dark mane flowed like a gazelle running through the dry grass. I smiled at him,running behind the rock and climbing it with whatever strength my cub body could give me. He turned around,the sun hit him from the corner of his eye causing him to close one eye. I poked my head out from behind the rock and my paws gripped onto it. I giggled and then moaned a bit,trying hard to lift my back feet up onto the rock. My father smiled and then got up,walking over to me he picked me up and gently placed me back on my feet. "You amuse me Aria." he said, sitting down and shaking his large head. I laughed and then pounced on my father's paw that was the size of my body. He laughed and then swiped me playfully with his other paw. I meowed at him as we played a bit. We stopped as soon as the sun started to set. I ran up to the top of the rock to see the wonderful view. My father walked up behind me,he looked at the setting sun and then opened his mouth. A tremendous roar came upon the land. You could see the birds fly off at the sound of it,there squawks could be heard from miles as the roar went on in echoes. I listened to my fathers roar and then I roared to. It came out as a very squeaky meow instead of a ferocious roar. My father laughed but,knew I was to young to even use my teeth. I laid down,my tiny and thin tail wagged in the breeze and my father sat down beside me. He looked at me with red soft eyes,his head lowered to my height and his mane protected the freezing wind from me. "Your fur...I just noticed its a light purple." he said to me. I looked at him,looking at my paws and saw that I was almost albino but,it was tinted with purple everywhere,even my paws were purple! I was amazed at my odd coloring but,kept it aside and nodded happily at my father. "Me to!" I replied. He smiled and then started to sleep. His mane was puffed up when the wind picked up. I was getting a bit cold as the night came upon the land. I got up,walking quietly and cautiously over to my father and stuck my head in his mane. I felt the warmth of it,curling in a ball I almost went inside his mane but,instead I just laid against it. I closed my deep purple eyes,ears pricked up as I heard something,laughing. I was curious but,thought it was the usual cubs at play. So,I told myself to ignore it and go to sleep. The next morning,I woke up. I fluttered my eyes open and then smelled something different. It smelled like a new kill though,it was mixed with one of our lioness's scent. I got up and crawled off the smooth rocks that led to the huge rock. I still had a blurry vision from waking up. The moment I saw the dead figure in the distance I stood shocked. My eyes focused on it. As they focused I saw its eyes. They were a bright green. An instant anger and a flow of sadness came into my chest. My father,stood there above the lioness. His red eyes showed fury and he roared in anger. "Those dam Natori Pride! I will get you back for what you have done!" he screamed. I walked over to the lioness,instantly confirming it to be Fauna. I growled, getting up and then taking a deep breath. I let all my anger on the ground. I swiped the dirt under my feet and meowed in fury. The other lioness's roared with my father, giving a proper ceremony for a truly fallen warrior. After all that was over,I opened my eyes and looked through the grass,they focused on the pride lands. I puffed up my chest and turned to my father who stared into my purple eyes. I knew,that he understood the words I was going to state. "Father,can you train me so I can now defend myself?" I asked him,my eyes were full of agony from seeing my best friend,my guard,down at my paws. He nodded. "You will be taught,Aria." he replied in agony to. The lionesses nodded at my fathers decision. I walked toward him,head held high I had followed him across the plains. We stopped at what seemed to look like a river. It was shallow,nothing unusual in the scorching heat of Africa. My father placed his paw in front of me,looking our into the distance he snarled. I was curious at what he might've saw. So,I looked from behind his massive paw. I saw a large rock. Boy it was the size of the sky! It stood under direct shade and it seemed to look like something was on it. I narrowed my eyes to see clearer and then,that's when I couldn't believe it. I saw another lion at the peak of the rock. It's mane flowed in the wind and it's eyes were as blue as the sky itself. It turned around,going inside of the rock to see what's inside I guessed. "That's the Natori Pride leader child." my father said to me. I nodded at him,my eyes stood focused on the rock and the image of that lion. Oh did it get stuck in my head! I could barely follow my father due to seeing that lion. My father laughed at me as we walked off the pride lands and into the hunting grounds. I pointed out a few zebras and gazelles but,my father shook his head at both. He lifted his head up to a wildebeest. He told me to watch his every move,and that after the pride is fed he can teach me how to defend myself. He dove into the grass,his colors helped him blend in with darker shades of the dry grass. I watched carefully,not moving or even speaking so I don't scare my fathers meal. He stalked the wildebeest for as long as it took to get close to it. In my mind I rounded it to about thirty seconds or more. He leaped at the wildebeest,completely surprising it from behind. He sinked his claws onto its back and his jaw,oh wow could it expand! It wrapped around the poor wildebeest's neck! I stood there in complete shock. I watched my father drag that wildebeest over to me and dropped it. "Did you watch?" he asked me,his lips dripped the fresh blood and I could already taste the meal that was awaiting the pride. "Yes father! That was amazing!" I replied. My heart ran like a gazelle with skates and my legs could barely stand still. He smiled at me,picking up the wildebeest we walked back to our pride,the outlaws, the demons,the shadow leaders. We were called so many names that I could only remember the top 'kind' names. We all feasted on the dead wildebeest. Tearing through its skin like it was butter and breaking its bones as if we were monsters. After I ate,all I could think about was that lion. One day,I knew I had to cross the line between the Natori Pride and our pride. The night came upon the land and the lionesses kept hold of their cubs while my father roared quietly for me to come to him. I ran over to the rock. Instead of climbing it I had decided to jump onto it. With a great kick I leaped onto the top and ran beside my father. I slept near his warm and dark fur. He laid his head down and slowly closed his eyes to the noise of the gentle wind.
-------------------------------------
A new face

A few months went by after I began my training. Father had allowed me to go alone on the territory we own. I was walking along the boundaries, by myself and keeping watch. One day, I saw something unusual,it was a lioness from a different pride. It was from the Natori Pride,no doubt but she was walking with a cub. It had a small mane like any other male cubs. I watched from the blade of grass, keeping to my territory and then I saw it stop. The lioness looked around for any troubles. She licked her cub,lying down and then watching the cub run far off. "Don't go to far out!" the lioness meowed to the cub. The cub meowed in agreement. The cub came right next to me,it's colors were an orange while it's mane was reddish when it hit the beating sun. I stared at him from a few inches, surprised he didn't see my purple eyes shine through the grass or the difference in color. He looked behind him,crawling off onto our pride lands. Right then and there I leaped at him as soon as the lioness couldn't see him. The cub went to meow for the lioness until I put my paws on its throat. "What are you doing on my land?!" I growled at the cub. "Heh, is this the great welcome?" he asked with a odd smirk. I growled and then a huge paw swiped me off of the cub. It was the lioness from before. It's bright coat shined above me as it had showed its fangs. I stood there shocked for the moment until my father leaped onto the lioness. I watched them fight and then saw the cub beside me. It's eyes were shaking as its jaw was dropped. "Mom!" it yelled out. I jumped in front of it,my body low and I bared my fangs at him. "Move out of the way killer!" he barked at me. I got even more angered when he said those harsh words. I leaped at him and we started to fight. I knocked him onto his side and then held my paw on one of the cubs wounds. It yelped in pain. I heard a familiar roar that had caught my attention and the cub beneath me. I turned my head around slowly, scared at what my purple eyes would see. I saw my father circling another lion. I recognized him instantly,as it was the Natori clan leader. "Pa! Get him Pa!" the cub at my paws meowed to the lion. I turned my head to the cub and roared. "How dare you!! How dare you call out your father to win! He's nothing but a traitor!" I growled at the cub. The cub swiped at me,knocking me off him I then jumped onto a high rock. I looked out to see what was happening. Before I could even smell them I saw a bunch of lionesses surrounding the fight. My pride was against them,and all I could do was watch. The cub jumped up from behind me,missing me by a few inches and then sliding to the tip of the rock. I watched him. Anger came into my mind and my heart was fueled by the thought of defeating the Natori Pride. The cub moved back and then hanged off the rock,his claws left marks on the stone and his eyes showed fear. I suddenly overcame all the anger in my body and then ran toward the cub. I grabbed it with my teeth,pulling him up by his half grown mane. He yelped but,soon got a grip on the rock and laid down. I backed up,thoughts going through my mind and one stood out. "Did I just betray my pride?" I thought out loud. The cub stood up proudly and then looked at the fight that was happening beneath us. I ran beside him. My eyes widened and I gasped at the sight. All the lionesses, wounded,dead. My father,on the ground taking his last breath. I looked around to see if any of the lionesses in my pride survived. I was the only one standing. The lion let out a victory roar,turning its head to me and then narrowed it's eyes. "There's still one left." it said,licking its lips off of the delicious blood of my father. I walked back a bit,hitting the cub that stood behind me. "T-This,is this the way my father taught me to live?" I thought. The cub looked at his father, turning back to me and lunging at my throat. I knew better then to just stand there. I leaped to the side and slid,running away as fast as my little paws could carry me. Some lionesses chased me but,I lost them as soon as I hit the dark colored grass of my land. I ran to the pride lands,the field that was surrounded by a river. I walked over to the rock,meowing for anyone. The smell of blood was there and I could see that hyenas came when the lionesses were assembled. My ears went to the side as I heard a cry for help. I ran over to behind the rock,only to see a week old cub soaked with the blood of a lost family member. It's eyes were closed and it's colors were a pure white. "An albino.." I said to myself. I walked over to it,licking it and comforting the poor cub. It meowed like a normal cub would. I smiled and picked it up by the scruff on its neck,dragging it off with me to new lands. I now knew I couldn't turn back,if I did then I'd endanger the only chance of survival for both me and the other survivor of my pride. Days and nights went by, we fed off the carcasses of other kills or dying animals. Eventually we settled down at a cave nearby the hunting grounds. I had decided to be the older sister of the white cub,which seemed to like the name Apollo. We would go out late at night to do hunting and eventually,have taught ourselves to fight,kill, and even command each other on a hunt. One night,a very cold and heavy night,was the one time,I have ever had it easy since my father passed away. I was strolling the lands,fully grown and had Apollo at my side. He was half grown but surprisingly, he had enough strength to take down a African Buffalo all by himself. He was playing with my tail as u then stopped walking. I held my head high and then growled a bit. "Apollo,go to the den please,I'll be doing the normal territory patrol tonight." I said to him. Apollo nodded at me,he knew I was up to no good but,he also knew that's just me. He walked off far away from me and followed the scent of home. I watched,walking off and I smelled a new scent. It was familiar only by breed but,a stranger by name. I followed the scent through the grass and then stopped in my tracks. I had lifted my head to see through the grass blades. They tickled my whiskers but I kept watch. I saw a lion,a strong and well fed one sitting near a puddle of water. I was curious,as its coat seemed to be a very dark color in the night. I came out of the grass,seeing it could be one of my kind. I slowly and cautiously approached him. He turned around to me and growled. His eyes showed fury and his body was uneasy in movements. I stood in that one spot,my purple eyes soft and scared while my tail was swept among the ground. He sighed in relief as he had saw me come out. I guess he might have been expecting something else. "Who are you?" he asked. "I'm-well,state your name first! Your on my land." I replied. He smiled a bit and then placed his paw on his chest. "I'm Raja,son of a king." he replied. I rolled my eyes,walking to him in a curious pace and held my head up to him. "Well then,I'm Aria, daughter of a queen." I said with a smile. He looked at me with disbelief. "In that case you'd have to be an unknown sister!" he said to me. I laughed at his comment,not thinking that he was even fit to sit on a rock. "Well now,you an outlaw?" I asked. He lifted his head high,he could see that my fur was bright colored,I guess against the dark grass around us I seemed to be bright. "Hmm,why?" he asked. "Because, I'm one and at night everyone's coat color is always dark." I replied. His eyes widened and then he moved his head and saw that my fur was a light purple. He nodded,seeming to figure something out. "I thought th-I mean I was the only one left after that war." he said,holding his head down. I was curious at what he was going to say but,was just glad that there was one other then me and that he knew of the war. "No,me and another lion survived. The war was terrible,my father,Mwyene,was the king. He died in that war,leaving me alone and all the other lionesses were killed." I paused to take a breath in sadness. Raja held his head up and listened. "That cub...the son of that lion! I could've killed him that day,and I could've helped father! Those Natori lions took my only family!" I roared in anger,my purple eyes showed depression and a hint of regret. Raja looked at me with disgust. "Well! If maybe our king didn't engage combat then we could've survived! It is all his fault!" Raja replied to me. I gasped and then tackled him,my light colors now revealed to be dark and my paws were placed on his chest. "How dare you talk of my father in vein!" I growled at him. "Because he is an outlaw!" he replied with a roar.
-------------------------------------
Unexpected Times

My eyes widened at the comment. I backed away from Raja and I sat there. "Only Natori's call us that name..." I said in disbelief. Raja stood up,looking at me with a sad face. "I-I'm sorry,princess." he said to me. "Your that cub! Your the one who ruined my life!" I said,tears flowed down my fur to my muzzle. Raja looked at me with a bit of sadness, getting up until two lionesses jumped out from the sides. "Run back Prince! We got this." they assured Raja while they growled at me. I watched them,lowering my body to the ground and started to circle them. Raja watched in disbelief but, he soon got his sense of thought back and ran away. "What a kitty you got there." I said to one of the two lionesses. They both growled and then the one to my far left leaped at me. It's claws unsheathed and fangs came out to the side. I moved to the side to dodge the attack and, as quick as a falcon the other lioness grabbed one of my legs. I turned to the lioness with a grin,swiping her with my paw and rolling on the ground to evade an attack from behind. The lioness had got up, running to me I jumped up to my feet and started to jolt off. Before I could run off Raja jumped in front of me. His shoulders were held high and his head was held at the height of his body. I growled,knowing I'm in a bad place I looked around. "I wish Apollo was here.." I thought to myself. Raja growled back at me. We circled each other in the open place,the lionesses watching. "So,this is how it's going to end." I think,sighing as I know I have to accept this fate. Raja pounces at me,his claws extended. I roll again out of his way,rushing to my paws,my eyes darting around the open field. I see the two lionesses,sitting tall as Raja stares at me,his head high and mighty. "Not even a chance.." I told myself. I ran off as fast as I could,hearing the snaps if grass following my trail. My heart ran faster then my legs. I could hear a distant roar of something not feline,or canine,but hard and heavy including solid. I lifted my head only to see where the noise was coming from. I instantly froze,seeing a wild herd of wildebeest coming straight towards me head on. I had to stop as fast as I could but,I knew I wasn't quick enough and the wildebeest trampled over me. The pain,it was so unbearable,you will never know unless you have been ran over at least twenty times with fat rocks. I heard a loud lion roar that was near me,but the hoof beats over powered any words that it might've said. Soon later,the wild herd had ran off,their sounds being heard miles away. I struggled to open my eyes,seeing only the blur of the savannah colored grass. I whimpered,trying to move my paw but,I couldn't feel a bone in my body. The sounds grew quiet,I don't know if it was me losing my hearing,or the herd is finally gone but,either way it pleased me greatly. The silent sounds of the wind pressing against the grass blades,making that wonderful whistle and the savannah birds crowing in African shade trees. I could feel something,something soft. I tried to turn my head to see what might've been nudging me but,I was to weak and dropped my head. A white,massive paw was placed a little past my head,the sun beating against it. I started to lose to much blood,seeing it among the ground and on the white paw's fur. The paw turned into a body as it walked off, a big head and long fluffy mane,I smiled as I recognized it. Apollo,it was Apollo. He must've heard the battle cries,or maybe even smell my blood. Whatever the cause,I was just glad he came. I fainted shortly after seeing him,waking up around morning to see only the surroundings of cave walls. I jumped,quickly feeling a sharp pain in my spine I meowed in agony. I laid back down,my eyes fixed on the entrance. "Apollo?" I ask the dead silence,ears flickering about to hear any noise. I saw Apollo walk in front of the entrance,a gazelle's neck in his mouth and the body dragging under him. He walked in,his eyes filled with sorrow and question. I looked away, knowing what he might say. "Why didn't you run?" He asked in a low voice,dropping the gazelle before me. "I did run,I wasn't fast enough.." I mumbled,smelling the flesh of the dead beast. Apollo rolled his eyes,starting to chew at the beasts legs while I jerked my jaw to pierce the tough flesh. Oh my,it filled me up almost instantly! It's such a great treat to us lions,that it makes me drule. After I was done eating,I tried to stand up,only able to sit up without yelping or feeling great pain in the legs. Apollo watched,very sad for me as I tried again to stand. I stopped eventually,just settling for sitting up. Apollo looked away,pawing the dead gazelle that started to reek up the cave. I sighed,trying to stand up again and succeeding barely. Apollo watched,purring to me with a smile. I let out a quiet meow,limping over to him. "Apollo,do you think the Outlaws will ever come back?" I asked him,my mind was troubled on that subject. He looked away,his head somewhat high as he then pricked his oval ears down. "I'm not to sure,it all seems to unreal. I,I really miss your father.." Apollo said quietly. I held my head low,I felt my heart drop as he said those words. I can remember my father,his warm words bringing up my sunken heart. Apollo's gaze started to worry me. His stare was focused on the distance,his ears laid flat. I saw his blue eyes,reflect the Africa trees in the distances,he seemed to be lost in miles. I limped to his side,rubbing my fur along his mane and stared in the distance too, curious what he was seeing. "I,I think we're in rangers territory.." Apollo said,his voice silent. I froze,getting up on a bad leg and then roaring in pain as a natural reaction. Apollo quickly swiped at my head,pushing me to the ground. A sudden huge creature came screeching past the cave,leaving odd zig zag marks and a big gust of wind. I could hear screams,off in the vast distance as it ran across the field. Apollo ran into the back of the cave,motioning me to come near. I limped badly to him,yelping at every step and then collapsing at his side. The strange creature zoomed right past us again, circling the grass and then stopping as its figure became more clear. It was a odd rectangle on black circles a long with odd looking branches that held some meat. Other creatures were in it. They walked on two legs,had long arms and talked in a strange accent. The scent of the meat was so good,it made my stomach rumble.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Lions Pride (Not completed) Empty Re: Lions Pride (Not completed)

Post by themagus Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 am

Mm, that's kinda... nice! : )

Also it reminds me of Lion King 2
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah,kind of guessed that xD Any lion story reminds everyone about Lion King >.<
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum