Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M]

4 posters

Go down

••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M] Empty ••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M]

Post by ℓonesomє Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:54 pm

••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M] Tumblr_mh1lgjBTAq1rppyj0o1_500

Akira watched the night sky with a certain interest. Cold wind bit into her skin, but her thoughts were far away. Focused on the stars. What are they? Are they our ancestors? The spirit of the dead? The wolves who now guide us? Are my brothers up there?  My parents? Questions rang through her mind, distracting the Alpha from her surroundings. She shifted her weight, and the snow beneath her paws crunched. Dampness was seeping into her black pelt. The shivers that started to course through her body were enough to distract her. Akira glanced around, blinking and trying to wrangle her thoughts together. She was several miles out of the territory, sitting in a field and getting covered with snow. Chuckling to herself, the fae stood and shook some of the snow off. Hopefully her pack would recognize her when she returned. She probably looked like some white loner by now. 

How badly Akira wanted to return with a deer. A real deer, not the skin and bones they had been managing to take down. When they were lucky, a hare or two would be caught and a small part of their stomachs would be filled. Spring seemed so far off. Her thoughts started to drift again. This time to elk, something they would never be able to kill in the state they were in. Enough meat for them all to fill their bellies and then some left over. Akira sighed at the thought. A wolf could dream, right? And dream she did. About when Spring would arrive and they would regain their strength and take down the first elk that came into sight. Even if her pack wasn't the biggest, the brutes were plenty large and the faes weren't all that tiny either. Akira was built more for speed, but it wasn't like she was ridiculously small. How wonderful would it be if I found a freshly dead moose... we might never get it back to the dens but would that really matter? Now she was just being silly. There were no moose within a thirty mile radius of the territory. Besides, Akira had found wolves trampled, killed because they crossed the path of a protective mother moose. Others had had broken limbs, shattered ribs... She shuddered, and dismissed the gruesome images from her head. No need to think about those kinds of things.  

Did she want to return to her pack now? Was the solitude growing a bit tiresome? Akira couldn't decide. With some thought, she tipped her head back, and howled. It promised she would be back soon. Hopefully the wind wouldn't sweep her voice away before it could reach the ears of her beloved pack. The Alpha slowly stood. It was time to stop acting like an omega and start acting like an Alpha. With a small growl, the fae started at a steady run back to her pack. 

[Meeeeeh this was short. For anyone who wants to join, Click This Thingy]
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M] Empty Re: ••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M]

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:07 pm

An enormous black figure thundered through the thick snow, having no trouble walking through it. The emerald green eyes of Durnal glowed like emeralds themselves, shining brightly in the moonlight. His pitch fur bristled and his teeth bared as Durnal spotted a snow hare, one of the biggest he had ever seen. Durnal raced forward, startling the rather large rodent. For a male as massive as Durnal, he was fast. Very fast. Durnal ignored the cramps that began to form in his chest and sprinted faster, his jaws just inches away from the hare. With one stretch of his neck, Durnal clamped his jaws on the hare's neck, hearing a teeny tiny crack that made his ears ring. Durnal was only half satisfied, even though he had been hunting, foraging, and defending the territory all day. He was a very hard-worker, and would sacrifice his life for the pack. Durnal trotted back to camp with the hare in his maw, his soft neck fur still bristling with excitement. He dropped it on the food pile and turned to walk out of camp once more. But a familiar voice had called, "Would you take a break for more than 2 minutes!?" It was Blaze, Durnal's younger brother. Durnal narrowed his eyes at the smaller wolf, and growled. "I apologize, Blaze. But would you rather the pack starve?" Durnal growled, facing the Beta. Blaze may be a rank higher than Durnal, but Durnal was bigger, stronger, and certainly more dominant. Blaze dipped his head respectfully. "You are right, brother. But you must rest." Blaze replied softly, his dark brown eyes meeting Durnal's green steadily. Durnal sighed and laid down to rest, plopping his enormous head on his paws.

Durnal's ears pricked at the sound of Akira's howl, causing the brute to smile softly. "Blaze, I will be back." Durnal told the white wolf, starting to pad out of camp and into the snow. The massive male's emerald gaze gleamed as the scent of Akira grew stronger by the second. Durnal spotted Akira instantly, his smile reappearing as he approached the fae. "Evening Akira." Durnal greeted, dipping his head in a respectful greeting. Lifting his head, Durnal smiled warmly. "The fresh kill pile is in good hands. Need any help with anything?" Durnal stated, followed by a question. If Durnal was anything, it was helpful. His emerald eyes turned to the Northern Lights, his smile disappearing. Durnal sighed at the memory of his father, Alpha Talon, looking down at his necklace. Durnal remembered when he was first given the necklace he wore today, and will be until he dies.

(Ugh, it sucks. Oh well...)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ℓonesomє Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Akira watched the hulking black form of Durnal approach, and raised her head. "Durnal." She said in greeting, a slight accent apparent, and offered him a kind smile. "I know it is. But my rank permits me to tell you that you need to stop working so hard, just for a little while. Let the others do something."  The fae looked the big black brute over. "If you could make Spring come any faster, you'd be an Alpha." She replied, and  glanced over at Durnal, tail flicking slightly. "Go on. Return to the pack. I'm going to be an Alpha tonight and do some work." Her tone held laughter, something it rarely did. The Alpha nudged his shoulder. "I appreciate the visit, though." Akira told him quietly, and turned slightly. "I'm going to do a quick loner check and then I'll be back at the Dens. I'm only doing the Eastern end, so it shouldn't take too long." She was surprised how talkative she was. Typically during hard winters like this one she was silent and focused on her duty as Alpha. She was more concerned about keeping her pack fed. "Go on now, get your ass back there and make sure a bear hasn't attacked." The wolf chuckled as she started on her way to the border. 
"Oh, and by the way, Durnal, if you happen to find anything on the way back, don't fight with it and try to alert with me first, okay?" Akira called over her shoulder, throwing him an amused glance before her eyes hardened back to their normal state. With a soft sigh, the Alpha disappeared into the trees, no more than a shadow weaving in between the trunks. What did she want to find on this trip? Like a yearling, Akira couldn't keep her hopes of  finding something exciting down. Whether it be an injured elk or a simple wolf, either would relieve Akira of the boring daily routines. A good spar wouldn't hurt either. And not for play either. The Alpha sighed, and pushed her selfish wants aside and looked towards where the Dens were located. If she wanted to spar, she had plenty of good pack members to do it with. My word, running a pack by yourself is not what it sounds like. She thought, and examined the air around her to see if any intruders were lurking in the trees. 

[Okay, I am now gonna wait for the others.]
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Durnal nodded, giving a soft sigh. "As you wish Akira. I'll keep a look out for some food or predators on the way home." Durnal called over his shoulder as he padded away into the darkness of the snowy forest, only the glow from his emerald eyes visible in the dark woods. Durnal shoved his nose into the ground and sniffed softly, picking up only the scent of a young cougar. "Hm. Yearling cougar, two days old of scent I'd guess." He trotted on, soon arriving at the camp, his mouth watering as he smelt fresh kill. Durnal grabbed a dear leg for himself, and grabbed his hare for Blaze. He trotted into the den, "For you, dear brother." Durnal dropped the hare at Blaze's paws and laid down next to Blaze. "Thank you Durnal. You'd make an amazing Alpha in my opinion." Blaze told Durnal, making his ears twitch. "After all, father did pick you to be the next Alpha. Make a move on Akira and you'll be one in no time." Blaze whispered. Durnal snarled and lashed his tail, "You think I like Akira for her rank? I like her for her. Alpha or no Alpha, I'm fine as long as she's okay." Durnal's emerald eyes blazed like green fire as his words came out like venom.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:33 am

••Wᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Nᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛs•• [M] Tumblr_m46lp81PvE1r21wqko1_250

Flicking his ears and huffing softly, the loner walked through the snow, leaving heavy paw prints in the white earth. His black pelt speckled with the cool white. Snorting, he sprang forward into a full out run. His nose near the ground as he tried to catch a scent. For a while, he caught nothing. However, soon, a scent hit him and he literally skidded along the snow to a stop and backtracked to catch the scent again. It was a snow hair. Shaking his head, he traced the scent carefully, slowly and he soon came to a small space where an average height hare sat, burrowing through the snow to the grass. It was rather chubby, though. Ears flicking back, he smiled softly and crawled forward. Stalking towards the hare quietly, body low to the ground. He saw almost on top of the foolish hare before it noticed him. It startled and bounded off, but Lakota’s jaws snapped around the hare’s stomach, crushing its spine. The wolf dropped it and snapped its neck, killing it. Growling in satisfaction, the pitch black brute tore at the hare, eating it all except most of the bones. He could have eaten the small bones, but being a loner, he had no need to feed a pack and was easily able to feed himself with leaving scraps. Sneezing softly, he padded off to find some shelter for a little while. He needed some rest.

Finding an unoccupied den within a few long minutes. Stepping into it, ducking slightly to fit properly. Curling up, the brute closed his eyes to sleep. However, a scent came to his nose a few moments later and he growled softly and stepped from the den, following the scent. He hid amongst the trees as best he could, his amber eyes landing upon a black fae. He watched her for a moment before he stepped into an area where she could see him easily if she turned a bit and he sat down, his tongue darting out, wetting his cold nose.

Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ℓonesomє Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:18 am

Akira looked up into the snowy sky, squinting in order to keep the snowflakes out of her eyes. She sighed, and redirected her gaze to the forest in front of her. This Winter wouldn't end soon enough. She didn't mind the hares that seemed to be common, but hard to catch if it caught wind of you. And it took more than just a simple hare to keep a pack fed. Whatever was caught was usually eaten as soon as the entire pack was present. Other than the food shortage, Akira couldn't think of many more major problems. Shaking her head, the fae set her shoulders and quickened her pace to a trot, eager to be home. Her golden eyes searched, desperate to see something besides snow and trees. Something thudded in the snow behind her, and Akira spun around. A pile of snow, from a tree. Was that disappointment she felt? Huffing with slight irritation, she continued. Snow matted between her paw pads, and the idea of hightailing it back to the dens was looking better every minute. You're an Alpha, stop thinking like a lazy yearling. The fae snapped at herself,  and pushed the biting cold as far back in her mind as she could. A branch snapped from the stress the snow had put on it. Akira's hackles went up at the sound. Growling, she pushed forward.  

It wasn't really sound or scent that alerted her of the loner's presence, more the feeling of being watched. She cocked her head, and slowly turned to him, an inquiring look in her eyes. "You're very close to a border." Akira warned, taking a step forward. "Should I be concerned?" Finally, something interesting! Another step towards him. Golden eyes were locked onto him, looking him over and noting each movement. She moved forward again. One of her paws started to raise, and the wolf paused, before she sat, and considered what the brute in front of her.  

[This was the worst post ever ;_; ]
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Durnal sighed in boredom as he waited. This wasn't enough for him. He liked to be doing work and helping out around the pack. Durnal rose to his massive black paws and stretched before padding out of camp and into the dark and snowy forest, his pelt invisible in the darkness. He came upon some trees. Durnal marked the territory before padding out more, spotting Akira with a large brute with yellow eyes. He padded forward and stopped next to Akira, keeping a stiff position in case the brute was a threat. "And who might you be?" Durnal asked the dark gray male, his emerald gaze eyeing him suspiciously.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ℓonesomє Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 pm

[I forgot the color I was using so this is the new one.]

Akira kept her calm gaze fixed on the loner. She heard Durnal approaching behind her, and growled. As he came into her line of sight, she turned her head to look at him. "This does not concern you. Had I needed help, you would of known." Her stare was cold, known to make wolves squirm. "Either you quit looking so suspicious and let me finish this or go back to the dens. I am the Alpha here, and I intend to do my job." Akira told him quietly, her tone empty of any emotion.  She looked back at the new wolf, but watched Durnal from the corner of her eye. "I am no pup. I can fight." It was more of a self assurance than anything. 
Her eyes ran over the brute once more. Why was she wasting her time here? There was so many better things to be doing than staring at a loner and waiting for them to do something. Oh well. She could hunt in the morning. 

[And this post was even worst than my last.]

Last edited by ℓonesomє on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Durnal met her gaze steadily, not at all offended or fearful of her harsh tone. But he was a noble and respectful wolf, dipping his head to meet her level. "I apologize, Akira. But a Loner is the last thing we need on our territory." Durnal replied, dipping his head more to show his respect and submit. Durnal was not submissive at all, but he was respectful to an Alpha. Lifting up to his full height, looking like a sky scraper with his massive paws planted into the snow like it was just dirt, his claws unsheathed. "Forgive me, Alpha. I know you can fight. I know you are no pup. But violence is not always the answer. Peace can be easily made if you reason with them." Durnal said, his deep voice soft, but stern. Durnal was a fighting machine, but he was no wolf to tare another apart without reasons. Shifting around to face the lone male, he let his muscles rest, but kept a position that would allow him to bolt around and fight if needed.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ℓonesomє Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Akira shifted her weight, ears flicking as she listened to Durnal. "If violence is not needed, then why are you hanging over my shoulder like this loner will attack any second? If he decides to attack," She shot the strange wolf a warning look, "Then I fight. Do you really think it's my intention to attack him?"  The wolf muttered with disapproval. "He hasn't proved himself a threat yet. He isn't even on  the territory. Dangerously close." Her voice lowered once more, and the fae never took her eyes off the loner. Huffing in distaste, Akira stood, and stepped closer to the almost-intruder. 

[This one was purposely short. I don't want too much to happen without the others.]
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Durnal's tail twitched, huffing softly. "I just don't want to see you get hurt." Durnal replied, turning around to go back to camp. "Just howl if you need anything." Durnal called over his shoulder before disappearing into the snow once again, his emerald eyes glowing like bright gems.

(Yep, mine's short too.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:57 pm

(Okay guys, I really hate to sound like a jerk. But I'm getting a little impatient with this topic. Someone is gonna have to post.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrified(Electro) Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 am

(May I join in as a loner? I'm quite new here, but I love to roleplay.)
Electrified(Electro)
Electrified(Electro)
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ℓonesomє Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:57 pm

[Oh my gosh guys, I'm sorry I've been such a lurker. School plus my job haven't let me on, and so when I am here, I just lurk and creepily watch you guys roleplay. And yes, you may join. I'm gonna do an activity check with the others, so just post your bio here! https://horseisland.rpg-board.net/t12267-we-northern-lightss-l
ℓonesomє
ℓonesomє
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum