Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~

Go down

Do you want to read more?

Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ I_vote_lcap78%Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ I_vote_rcap 78% 
[ 7 ]
Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ I_vote_lcap0%Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ I_vote_lcap22%Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ Empty Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:52 pm

This is the editted version

Knowing

I looked at the unappetising cafeteria lunch and groaned with disgust. What were they feeding us? I was really thinking about ditching, all my classes after lunch I hated so I picked up my tray, dumped it in the bin and walked out. I wandered to my locker and dialled in my code, 6428. It clicked open and I tugged at my bag. It came out and stumbled backwards. Today was not going well. I swung it over my shoulder and walked out, into the city centre.

I checked my watch, 12.30. Three hours till my Mum came home. I wandered the streets for a while, window shopping and generally killing time. By 2.00 I had done everything possible in my small town and found myself wandering into the forest that ringed the town. The gently rustling leaves calmed my annoyance and rendered me into a dreamlike trance. I loved the forest, the sound of bird song floating gently on the wind and the lovely fresh smells that drifted into my nose. The forest beautiful in all its wild spring greenness, I knew the fawns would be straggling around about now so I wandered around till I found a clearing.

It was empty of deer but in the very centre was a pond, so still it reflected the light blue spring sky. I smiled and stepped into the clearing, feeling the fallen leaves become scattered until there was only grass beneath my shoes. I walked over to the pool and saw my reflection. I was tall and with black hair, its wavy locks falling over my shoulders. My piercing sapphire blue eyes stared back at me with a determined expression.

A snarl behind me alerted me to the fact that something was in the clearing with me, probably a wild cat coming to drink. So I turned around slowly to see a man. He was dressed casually, in jeans and a t-shirt, except that it was splattered with droplets of blood. It was not his clothing that caught my eye; it was his bright maroon eyes that glinted with hunger.
“Hello,” he hissed softly, dropping into a crouch. A hunting crouch, I realized. He stalked up to me like a cat stalking his prey just before the final pounce. I tensed my muscles, ready to fight. Then he leapt and I felt his weight land on before I really knew what was happening. I struggled against him but found myself being held with iron, freezing cold arms. I narrowed my eyes and a hiss escaped from my lips. He laughed and I tried kicking him, if I had hit him I didn’t think it wouldn’t have made a difference. He leaned closer to me and breathed in deeply, inhaling my scent. Then he opened his mouth and fangs slid out. That was when I realized what he was. He was a vampire.

I knew that if he bit me I was dead and I also knew that if I fought back I would probably die as well. I was thinking what I could do when he leaned to my neck and his fangs lightly touched my skin, not breaking it yet. Then I felt cold shiver down my spine and after that, I’m not sure what happened.

Next thing I knew I was laying on the forest floor, no cuts or bruises. I lifted my hand to touch my head but what I saw wasn’t a hand, it was a white paw. The long claws were retracted so I knew it couldn’t be a dog paw. This paw belonged to a white cat of some kind. I breathed in and smelt the rich scents of the forest, the crushed pine and fresh fast flowing water. There was something there I couldn’t quite place, it was not very unlike from the forest scents but it didn’t really belong. It seemed to be close by to so I tensed my muscles and was on my paws in seconds. It seemed strange to be on paws rather then feet but also completely normal. I was mystified.

I took in the scents again and realized that it was me. I smelled like the forest but I was not quite part of it, half human and half beast. I smiled and was surprised to find that my I could, not being human and all. I wondered where I was and caught a sickly sweet scent on the wind. I instantly felt the urge to run towards it and destroy whatever it was. I held myself back though and padded towards the scent slowly.

I found myself in the clearing I had been attacked in, the scent came from here. Crouching near the pool the vampire, his maroon eyes full of bloodlust. I narrowed my eyes and circled him, wary now that I knew what he could do. I realized now that he had thrown me to wherever I had come from. He glared back warily, now also knowledgeable that I wasn’t his normal kind of meal. Then he leapt at me, obviously trying to end this quickly. I narrowed my eyes and met his leap with my own, striking him to the ground. He snarled and I hissed back, feeling power coursing through me as I answered his challenge.
“You’re an odd one, aren’t you?” he muttered to himself but I heard him although he probably thought I didn’t.
“I guess I am,” I answered his muttered question quietly, knowing that he could hear me. Then I leapt and trapped him under my paws. He was strong, stronger then me at least but I had the advantage of my size. He glared at me answering his question and bit my paw, letting my blood flow. I felt something that felt like fire burning through my veins and I also felt anger as hot as the fire. My tail twitched and I unsheathed my claws. I dug them into his rock hard skin like it was butter and I roared in triumph. I finally had something over him. He snarled and threw me off him with ease, I knew now that he had been holding himself back, trying not to spoil his feast.

My paw was an acute point of pain as if someone had injected acid into my veins and it throbbed to the beat of my heart. He smiled when he saw I was in pain and then had his teeth at my throat in less then a millisecond. Before he could bite down I swiped at him, knocking him off his feet and ran into the forest, faster then even a vampire could run.

Every time my bitten paw hit the forest floor it sent a jab of pain up my leg in addition to the normal pain when it was being lifted. I didn’t know how long I ran for, or for how long the pain jolted through my leg but when the pain finally did stop so did I. When I stopped I had no idea where I was or what I was even. I didn’t know if I was a beast forever or if I could change back. Those worries flew around my head as I tried to catch my panting breath. My breathing started to become more smooth and normal so I chanced a look around. I was in a clearing; to one side was a tiny cottage, no bigger then my room in my apartment. A tiny well kept garden grew vegetables and spring flowers. The door opened and out came a man. Oh man, I thought. Not again.

Last edited by misty656 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:34 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ Empty Re: Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:27 pm

More more more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~ Empty Re: Knowing~The Story of a shapeshidter~

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks, have you read The Werewolf?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Holy Cow you are a good author!!! Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks, most don't say that much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Really your really good! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:35 am

Thanx. I will post some more soon. I have rewriiten the first part, it sound a lot better now. I just have to remember to take my USB to school tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:11 am

hmmm...good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:44 am

Ok, I just posted the editted version, hope you like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:59 am

thats freaking awesome!!! You are a very good author! um...not to change the subject but I've been writting some stories, and i'm not sure if they are to good, so i'll be posting it. please check it, i reallly love writting but i'm not sure if..you know am good at it lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:44 am

The man watched my curiously, his grey eyes taking in what he saw and to my surprise, he smiled. It was warm and welcoming as he strode over to me, he was quite fast and was standing in front of me. He looked at me and I glared at him, my startling sapphire blue eyes holding him still.
“For years I have searched for you and now you turn up,” he shook his head and stared at my clawed paws.
Why for me? I questioned in my head, wondering of he could hear.
“Because you are a shifter because I’m looking for an apprentice. Well, I’m really looking for the second last shifter, you.”
Realizing that he could hear what I thought I asked him in my mind. Can I change back?
“Yes, the first time is hard though. Just think what you looked like as a human,” he looked pleased that he could help so I remembered my reflection in the still forest pool. Black hair flowing over my school shirt, my piercing blue eyes concentrated and fierce, I felt cold tingle down my spine and the leaves under my paws seemed to be more uncomfortable then they had been seconds ago. I looked up at the man who had helped me and realized that my eyes weren’t as good as before. I was human again. I sighed and watched him carefully.
“See, not to hard.”
“What is you shape?”
“I’d better show you before I tell you.” And he stepped away from me and changed, changed into a white tiger. The black stripes were striking against the white fur and his grey eyes had become calm amber. I thought of myself as a lioness and changed also. Thinking carefully I spoke in my head. Two cats, one a tiger, one a lioness. What do we fight? I watched him carefully, thinking why his shape was a tiger. His answer to my question came shortly. We fight vampires. Then he pounced and I knew my first lesson had begun.

I dropped into a crouch and leapt to one side, narrowly avoiding his leap. His amber eyes watched my critically and I watched his every move, hoping to see his next attack. I saw him flick his tail and leapt into the air seconds before he attacked. My claws retracted and pinned him to the ground. He gazed up at me proudly. You can fight well, someday tyou shall be a great warrior. I jump gracefully off him and shift back to human. He leapt to his feet and changed back as well. I felt the sun’s heat on through my shirt and turned to see the sun setting.
“It is time I go home, thank you for teaching me. I’ll be back tomorrow.”
“It was a pleasure. Remember this. A shifter stands alone, away and invisible. A shifter is not proud or vain nor pitiful. A shifter is strong and will always protect others. A shifter will fight to the end and die in peace. Remember, now go, I will see you tomorrow at 3.00.” I turn to face him, my eyes solemn and content.
“That I will do, see you tomorrow.” Then I ran into the forest, shifting as I ran.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 pm

cool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down