Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlackFire a Legend

Go down

Is the story good? Should I make more of it?

BlackFire a Legend I_vote_lcap80%BlackFire a Legend I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
BlackFire a Legend I_vote_lcap20%BlackFire a Legend I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
BlackFire a Legend I_vote_lcap0%BlackFire a Legend I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
BlackFire a Legend I_vote_lcap0%BlackFire a Legend I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

BlackFire a Legend Empty BlackFire a Legend

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:33 am

There once was a girl....And once.....a Black horse.

Through the fog th young girl ran blindly crying. Stopping to gather her self to gether, she sat down and folded her arms over her knees. Putting her head between her legs, she started sobbing uncontrolably. Wiping her nose, she sniffed quietly and looked around, then started thinking about earlier that morning.....

The day had started out as a fresh, crisp day. It had rained the night before, so all the tepee's had a fire in them.
Looking, she remembers the light, misty fog that had settled over the land, and the smoke curling up out of each tepee.

Then, all of the sudden. They came, out of no where. She knew what her people called them, but she had never seen one before. White men, cloaked in black and red. Running their horses between the tepee's, shooting and tearing up the entire camp.

She remembers her mom yelling at her, telling her to run. "Run! Run Morning Star!" her mother had said...just moments before getting shot. In shock, Morning Star just stood there staring at her mother's dead body and gawking, then gasping she screamed out in pain as a White Man's knife tour through the skin on her left arm. Turning in fright, she faced him in terror. Looking up at his face, Morning Star cringe's when she see's the horid man laughing wickedly, holding his blood stained knife above his head. Closing her eyes tight, she waited for the death blow to come. It never did. Instead, when she finally opened her eyes, he was dead at her feet with an arrow sticking up out of his back.

Looking down at him Morning Star shivered. She then knew she had to do what her mother said, run. And run is exactly what she did, and she hadn't stopped till she had gotten to where she was now.

Bringing her head up she noticed the fog had lifted, glancing around she tried to see if any of the land was familiar. As she had guessed, none of it was.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, Morning Star see's him for the first time in her life. She knew his name, but only by legend. His name is BlackFire. And thats exactly what he is, blackfire. His black coat, is as black as the blackest night. And his atitude is as fire. He was known to have stolen mares from different tribes. He was also said to be kind, protective, and he seemed to always show up when someone needed him. But he is just a legend. So all that is said of him must also be a legend. And it might not even be the same stallion. She reasoned with herself, only half convincing herself.

Sitting there, Morning Star gazed at him wide-eyed. He looked as though he represented a king. Magnificent, powerful, and athoritive looking. Thinking, she remembered what her mother had once said to her about horses, "Never look a wild horse in the eye. They think you are threating them...." Quickly she looked down, she didn't want to scare him off.

Opening her mouth Morning Star started singing a soft, dreamy song. Her voice floating on the wind and reaching the stallions ears with a soft touch. With intrest he took a couple steps toward her and licked his lips. She continued to sing, eventually raising her arms up, moving her hands in shapes. Her dark hair surrounding her, her lips continued to move along with the most beautiful, yet soft, harmonious notes.

Back to top Go down