Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOT MY STORY (but i reall yliked it so i want to share it with you

Go down

NOT MY STORY (but i reall yliked it so i want to share it with you Empty NOT MY STORY (but i reall yliked it so i want to share it with you

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Math tudoring

------------------------------------------

"AGHHHHH!!" I was in agony, and I know what you're thinking "what! where are the fly boys! is fang okay! oh my god! is he dying!" and the answers to those questions would be

no flyboys

yes fang is okay

and I wish

"Fang! I dont get it! no matter how many freaking times I times those 2 exponants I will not find the value of x!!!!!" I screamed as I chucked the text book up in the air praying to god gravity woudln't take it's course and let it fall back down
"stay up, stay up, stay up" I whispered in my mind.
"Max! OW! careful where you throw that thing!" .... damn.
But, on the plus side, fang is that much closer to dying right? hey.. a girl can dream.
God I hate math, whoever invented math should be cursed to a life filled with pain and misery. Or maybe a cage match with me and iggy. Now THAT would be intense, frig itex, I want a death match with some fancy ( Insert abnoxious language here ) Einstein.
I lifted my eyes to say somthing rude to fang but he had already beat me to it by snapping his fingers in my face. It was so hard to focus when fang was sitting there shirtless.
"maximum ride" he scoulded me sternly.
Maximum? where does he get off calling me maximum?! no where. thats where. I was just about to tell him off but I couldn't stifle my laughter long enough when I caught a glimpse of his face. He just looked so damn determined and angry and sexy. oh.... did I say sexy? ... umm just ignore that last comment.
"AHAHAHAHHA" I know its rude to point but I couldnt help it.
"max please! I dont want you to fail!" His brows creased.
"yeah yeah I'm getting there" I sighed.
I really dont want to do this, who needs education anyways? I raised an entire flock all on my own. I don't NEED education, I have my family and my powers. Isn't that enough? I mean like seriously! I can just go and save the world, be awarded some schmancy prize, take a few photos shake a few hands and be done with it. Then i'll go and live my life with iggy,nudge,angel,gazzy,total and.....fang....
"max..." fang sighed as he tilted my chin upwards.
"max please.... for me?....can you try?....please?" Fang smiled whole heartedly
I just looked up at him and rolled my eyes.
"Lets get this over with"
He smiled "good"
fang stood up and walked over to the sink where my text book landed after it hit him square in the face. It was dripping wet, I had to chuckle.
"phew" fang whistled
"You sure do hate math don't you?" He shook his head laughing as he opened the ink smeered text book.
Once I growled I think he knew the answer
"ooooh" he snickered as he raised an eyebrow
"fiesty hahah-- OW!"
you think by now that boy would learn I just love to punch him in the arm but noooooooooo
"you had it comming" I glared
Fang just shrugged and kept on tudoring me
"Ok max, so onto the next question. You have a triangle with one right angle,angle x and angle y. X and Y are the same. If angles x and y are missing, how do you find them?"

POOF

.. do you know what that was?
yeah.
That was the sound of the fumbling chunks blowing up around the inside of my head that may have formally been known as max's brain.
"max, how do you find the answer?" fang was staring at me now, which only made me more nervous.
"ughhhhhhhhhh..." I stumbled
"Max this is easy! baby stuff!"
"Ummmmmmm..." I just twidled my thumbs
Fang groaned in frustration and threw his hands up in the air
"im sorry!" I yelled
"I guess im just stupid!" I crossed my arms
Fang stood up and shook me furiously
"WHAT DOES IT TAKE WITH YOU MAX! IM TRYING TO HELP YOU HEAR! I WANT US TO BE TOGETHER WHEN WE GRADUATE! THAT WON'T HAPPEN IF YOU FAIL!"
"I SAID IM SORRY!" I stomped off to my room and locked the door

Stupid fang. Stupid fang and his stupid math. Stupid einstein. Stupid stupid stupid!

EVERTHING IS STUPID!

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! why am I so stupid! " I screamed into my pillow while I repeatidly beat my hands on the matress. I sat there for several minutes and wallowed in my self pitty. Thats when the tears started to fall. One after another they wouldn't stop.

"Whyyyyy." I whined

I felt lips touch my ear in a soft whisper
"Because you don't apply yourself"
Starteld I whipped around to find myself face to face with the sneeky charmer himself holding two cups of hot coco smothered in whipped cream. wait... how did he get in the locked door?
Fangs soothing voice brought me back to reality
"I thought you could use a break" He half smiled and I saw the twinkle in his hidden eyes behind that fringe of smooth dark hair.
"You know me too well" I smiled back as I sat up cross legged and took a sip of fangs signature hot coco.
I sighed.
"Good?" he questioned anxiously
"you have no idea" I smiled with my eyes closed
"Fang..." I started "I don't think I can do this, the math thing I mean." I sulked
"hey now..." he said pulling me into a hug being careful of our drinks
He took mine out of my hands and placed it on the bedside table.
"Im scared." I admitted , mumbling to his shoulder.
"about what." Fang whispered back
"Not being with you."
fang took a quick intake of breath and I realised how that comment sounded
"ugh ugh... I mean like... about.. not graduating" I stammered.
"are you sure that what you meant"
the next thing I knew fang slowly slid his head from my ear to my face and rested his forehead against mine.
His hot breath flowed like a river into my mouth and I sighed at the scent, praise ye lord for listerine
" I think... all you need...is..."
he inched himself closer with every word
"a little"
By this point his lip were practically touching mine while he was speaking
"Inspiration" he said in a whisper

Soft lips melted onto mine and shivers ran up my spine. I've kissed fang before but nothing like this. His smooth thumb ran over my cheek and I grabbed onto the back on his head. Oh god why did it feel so good? He ran his tongue across my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to allow his tongue in. Fang was such a good kis--

"Whats goin on in here!!" Ella smiled with the rest of the flock around her.

"uggghh" I stammered

"Math tudoring!" fang bluttered out as he shoed them out and shut the door.

he turned around in silence and we both simultaniously burst out in laughter.

"You should tudor me more often"

Back to top Go down

NOT MY STORY (but i reall yliked it so i want to share it with you Empty Re: NOT MY STORY (but i reall yliked it so i want to share it with you

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:02 pm

her is another one that is not mine

Fang grimaced and started to lift Max up. They had been practicing self-defense, and he had hit Max a little to hard. It being 3 am might have had a little to do with it, and her flying all day looking for Total after he chased a female dog, but he hoped that she was okay. In the middle of picking her up though, he stopped and grinned slyly. It was time for a little…payback, say. He chuckled and set Max back down. Then, he leaned down and kissed her.

Max woke up because something warm was pressing on her mouth. She opened her eyes and saw Fang with his eyes closed, about 2 inches away from her face. She was tempted to smile, but knew that that would only succeed in Fang to stop kissing her. She smiled anyway.

Fang opened his eyes quickly. Great- Max was awake. She seemed to be liking it though…Fang decided to go against his nature and deepened the kiss, using his tongue to try to pry Max’s lips open. Max obeyed instantly, opening her lips just wide enough for Fang to get his tongue in.

Max was enjoying this immensely. She struggled to sit up so that it would be easier to kiss Fang. Briefly she wondered what would happen if anybody in the flock came out of their new home. She shrugged mentally and kept on trying to sit up. Fang immediately helped her, still trying to get her mouth open even more. Max obeyed his insistence again, opening her mouth wider so she could let his tongue in farther, and let her tongue in his mouth as well.

Fang was delighted, not that that is a word usually used to describe him. This was extremely pleasant…maybe he should kiss Max more often. He squashed that thought quickly. If Angel was anywhere nearby…at that thought, he broke the kiss.

Max frowned. Why did Fang break the kiss? She opened her mouth to ask why, but Fang answered by whispering in her ear. “Angel – let’s go somewhere else.” Max nodded, and they flew up into the air to find a more private space to kiss.

and another one

Movie Night.
(This time from Fang's P.O.V)

I waited patiently for the quick rhythm of the song to increase, concentrating on the metallic echoes of the electric guitar. I was mildly aware of a yell from Iggy, but didn't bother to open my closed eyes, knowing that it was probably just banter between him and Gazzy. The lights went out and someone squished into the sofa next to me. Max. I knew it was her because my nostrils received the scent of fresh popcorn, an association built from Max's incapability to grasp cooking. Popcorn was the only thing she could "cook" and due to this, it was always Max who made it. Couldnt argue with that, well, more couldn't argue with Max.

We hadn't watched a movie in a while, with such large choice in films the flock was bound to have disagreement. This time we had managed to agree on Kill-Bill, (and not Nudge's wanted Cinderella, thank god) I switched off my I-pod and, coiling up the head phones, slipped it into my shirt pocket. Let the killing spree commence!

The movie had started but Total was flying across the screen shouting what was about to happen, he was definitely twice as annoying with wings. Max had already given him two death threats. When the third came she expertly chucked a can of coke at him causing him to dive behind Angel. He stayed there.

I was enjoying the movie, and my only thoughts where of the awaiting blood-bath, but then something to my right caught my eye- Max. Her face was illuminated by the changing colours of the screen, her parted lips drawing in breathe that made her shoulders fall and rise in a continual rhythm. It was hypnotic and, I realised, far more interesting than watching Kill-Bill.

If Max hadn't been so distracted by the movie then she would have noticed me sitting staring over at her, and if that where the case, then I would have stopped right then. But she was distracted, and I was enjoying just looking at her far too much to stop now, so I thought I might as well take stolen glances whilst she was oblivious.

I loved Max, I wanted to be with Max, I couldn't stand it when she kissed that boy. Sam. If she loved me back then I wanted to be with her. I would find a way. I don't even know exactly what she sees to be a good enough reason to prevent us from loving each other.
On the other hand, i don't want to freak her out. She has plenty of stress as it is. Ugh, the though of me getting my wanted relationship with Max being an added stress to her made me feel selfish. i did not want to cause her any more pain, yet i wasn't sure if I was capable of enduring the pain of not being able to love her. My thoughts on this subject where muddled and foggy, not making much sense even though the message seemed clear. Why did she have to see things as being so complicated?

After what seemed like only a few seconds staring at Max, she turned and stared right back at me with a look of pure annoyance. I unwillingly whipped my head back to the screen. After a few seconds I decided to dump the rest of movie night. I needed some air.

I almost flew off the sofa, though I doubt that if I had flown off it, that my wings would have managed it through the door. I rushed down the hall to my room, feeling frustrated. I decided to go out onto the balcony, but first stopped by my bed, stooping down to grab a small black box from beneath it. I shuffled through the many photos within it until i found the one i wanted. The I shoved the box back where I had retrieved it and continued out onto the balcony.

It was dark outside, the moon's reflection rippling across the nearby lake. This new "safe-house" sure had a view. I stretched my wings out and looked down at the slightedly crumpled photo in my hands. It was of Max. Her eyes where closed, a messy halo of hair spread across her pillow. i had taken this when we first came here, two weeks ago. The bed for Max's room hadnt arrived in time and she chose to sleep on the sofa that night. Maybe i should have offered her the choice of sleeping in with me, I smirked at the the thought of what her reply might have been. Anyway, that night i couldn't sleep. I decided i would go see if Max was still awake, which when i got there, she was not. She was sleeping more peacefully than I had ever seen her, it made me happy to see her in such a rare state. Since i had my phone on me, I thought that I would take a snap shot of it. If Max knew, she would kill me.

Suddenly there was a light tap on the open balcony door behind me and a sharp intake of breathe, though i had no idea whether it had been me or...
"Was the gore too much for you?" ...Max. I slipped the photo into my shirt pocket behing my I-pod.
"Hardly" I sniggered under my breathe as she came to lean on the railing next to me.
"Its all right- I wont tell" she teased, giving my arm a playful punch. I turned towards her, letting a smile play at the corners of my mouth. I watched her as she slowly stretched out her chocolate and ivory dappled wings, letting out a long sigh. I wanted to be with her so badly. Why couldn't i be with her? Then i had a thought, and i welcomed the deviousness of it.
"Wont tell them what exactly?" I asked, stepping closer to her.
"That you came out here to get away from the blood an' guts becasue your a wuss" She replied, looking up at me. She pulled her wings closer to her body again, having noticed that we where now only centimetres apart. I stared into her hazel eyes.
"So this conversation never happened then?" I whispered, moving even closer to her. Now my face was only two centimetres from hers and i could feel her breathe on my cheek, making it hard to concentrate. I wasn't sure if i could keep this up much longer before I had to...
"I guess not.." She answered in a dazed whisper. I was pleased that she seemed as distracted by the situation as i was.
"So this never happened either then..." I leant down towards her, sealing the gap that was between us shut.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, burying my lips in hers, cutting myself off from any other experience but kissing her. At first she seemed a little dazed, but then her arms came up to wrap around my neck and her lips parted to let my tongue in. I ran my hands up and down her spine, I kissed her more, her lips, her cheeks, her neck. She let out a soft whine.The need to kiss her was overwhelming, like a fire that burnt through my entire body. Her hands ran through my hair, pulling my lips to hers again, her tongue traced my lower lip and the fire burnt on...

AA T Movie Night!

I waited impatiently until the stuttered bangs came to an end and then punched the open button with my thumb. The heavenly scent of popcorn flooded my nostrils. I grabbed the steaming bag and walked over to the sofa in the centre of the room. Nudge was sitting cross legged on the floor with Angel, both of them looking as adorable as ever. It was sometimes hard to think that these two had caused so much bloodshed, pride washed over me at this thought, at least, until I turned my head towards Iggy and Gazzy. Gazzy had at least five doughnuts in his mouth and at attempting to fit in a sixth… he had coughed them up over Iggy and anything surrounding.
“Gross!” yelled Iggy, swiping a hunk of saliva covered dough from his disgusted face. I switched off the light.
“Very” I said in agreement, squishing myself onto the sofa next to Fang. Fang was listening to his i-pod with his eyes closed, the fact that he seemed oblivious to my arrival next to him for some reason annoyed me. I sighed, flexing my right wing so that it settled more comfortably across the arm of the sofa.
“Okay Gazz, you can press play now” I tore open the popcorn bag with my teeth and shovelled several handfuls into my mouth, savouring every piece.

After a 3rd death threat and a well aimed can of coke, Total finally stopped flying across the screen shouting what was going to happen next.

We didn’t watch movie’s very often, when we did their where always arguments over what exactly we would watch. This time Nudge had insisted over and over that we watch “Cinderella” but of course, the guys aren’t too keen on anything “chick-flick-ish” nor was I for that matter. I never had been one for believing the whole happily-ever-after-tra-la-la crap. I mean, firstly I was genetically modified before birth and kept in a cage for most of my miserable childhood. Secondly, the whole Disney romance angle totally makes me want to grab the closest thing to a bucket I can get and barf up my stomach.
Eventually we had settled for Kill-Bill because (other than the fact that we have enough experience to know when the trajectory and needed force to kill someone is incorrect making the fights seem in my opinion perhaps a little lame) the flock do just love the violent revenge aspect of the whole thing. Hmm, wonder why…

Halfway through the movie, just as a real blood bath was going to start I realised that there where only six other pairs of eyes staring at the screen. Total, Angel, Gazzy, Nudge, Gazzy, Iggy…
Fang wasn’t watching the movie. I realised Fang was staring at me; it was nauseating for some reason, not necessarily in an uncomfortable way. Why, I had no idea, he loved this film more than any one of the flock. Just, watch the movie Max, I thought to myself.
Two whole minutes later and he is still looking at me! That’s it; I’m going to look right back at him! Maybe this would stop him. I looked straight into his eyes with what I hoped was a look of annoyance. For some reason this made the strange sense of nausea much worse. My heart beat faster. In those few moments, I look of confusion had crossed his face. When he looked away it seemed very forced. I also looked away, back to the pretty blood spatters on the screen. I felt a breeze against my left cheek and realised that it had been Fang silently leaving room.
I was wondering whether I should follow him or not when…
“Follow him”
Great, hi there voice, my voice. How are you, please come in, would you like a cuppa, just make yourself comfortable in my head! BY THE WAY IM BEING SARCASTIC!!! I reverted to my favoured imaginary stress reducer of smashing an eraser’s skull into tiny red and white fragments over and over again.
“Max. You’re hysterical, calm down. No I don’t want a cuppa, but thanks for offering. Just follow him!”
I realised that I was already off the couch, in mid-step, so to avoid looking like a person in mid-argument with the other voice in their head I decided to carry on out the room.

I slowed as I reached Fang’s room. (A mess of scattered CD’s and odd socks) He was on the balcony facing away from me. His wings where stretched out, the sliver moonlight catching on the tops of his ebony feathers. Wow- poetic.
I paused at the open door to the wooden balcony and tapped lightly on the frame. There was a sharp intake of breathe, but I’m not sure if it had been me or him.
“Was the gore too much for you?” I smirked, walking until I was leaning on the railing next to him.
“Hardly” he chortled under his breathe.
“Its all right- I won’t tell” I teased, punching his arm. He turned towards me, one of those rare smiles playing across the corners of his mouth. I slowly stretched out my wings, feeling my muscles loosen. It felt so good.
“Won’t tell them what exactly?” Fang asked.
“That you came out here to get away from the blood an’ guts because you’re such a wuss.” Turning to look up at him I realised that we where now only centimetres apart and I pulled my wings a little closer to my body. An expression that I had seen before seemed to enter Fang’s dark eyes. It was something that hinted at devious thoughts. As if he where about to do something that he knew, might get him into trouble.
“So this conversation never happened then?” His face was now only about two centimetres from mine and his hot breathe stroked my cheek. That strange nausea was now worse than ever, and I could barely hear my conscience yelling at me to snap out of it over the pounding of my heart.
“I guess not…” I answered in a dazed whisper.
“So, this never happened either then…” then he leant down and there was no gap between us at all.

I had fought a lot of battles. And from them I had retrieved a lot of injuries. But I dont think that any so far had felt as painful as the battle now commencing between my head, and my heart.

As soon as his lips brushed mine, my heart starting burning with the hope that it would never end, and as soon as my brain started functioning again my thoughts slashed through me screaming for it to stop.

It was excruciatingly confusing, I'm not sure if I can describe it. On one side there was the desire- a ravenous, raging fire. On the other; the continuous yell for me to stop- a glacier that scraped through my frozen flesh. I had no control over either of the colliding elements within me. All I knew was the agonizing pain I received from their collision.

They slowly consumed one another, leaving unstoppable tears that streamed down my face. Then he pulled his face away from mine, but kept his arms tight around my waist, I couldn’t find the strength to pull away.

His dark eyes bore into mine, searching cautiously, desperately. I don’t think he saw anything but tears, the battle within me had slowed, as though many gallons of morphine had intervened, leaving me breathless and numb. Silent sobs continued to drench my cheeks but I felt empty, fire and ice had been ripped away.

I could no longer bare looking at his unusually, emotion filled eyes, instead I buried my face into his chest, clutching fistfuls of his shirt in my hands.

For the first time in my life I willed the tears to come and gush from my eyes, I would have much preferred the agonizing pain once more to the nothingness I felt right then.

I don’t know how long it took for my eyes to run dry, or how long it took for me to finally be able to put some order to my thoughts once more. I just did, because I have to.

What I really couldn’t bring myself to do now, was to pull away from him, knowing that as soon as I did, I would have to look back into his eyes. And that scared me. It scared me because I didn’t know what I would see, or what he would see, or whether it would trigger off my tear ducts again, no matter how empty they now felt .I would have to look at him again some time though.

I sighed and keeping my eyes closed slipped out of his arms and into the dark night sky. When I’d gained enough height I snapped open both my wings and my eyes and fled, like a coward, as fast as possible towards the rocky edge of the moonlit lake.

The flight was short but invigorating and it helped to clear my head for perhaps a fraction of a second. My landing was an ungraceful skid that sent several shining stones to drown peacefully in the dark waters. Peace, I half smiled at the thought.

I looked out across the vast lake; there was a cool breeze that dance across the surface of the water causing a rippling effect across a large stretch of it. The black water itself looked utterly freezing, and strangely enough, utterly inviting. Before I knew what I was doing I had stripped down to my underwear, tossing my clothes somewhere behind me. I flew across the water keeping low to the surface so that the tips of my wings skimmed the surface all the way. When I reached the very centre I changed direction so that I was soaring straight up, I let out a light giggle on adding a somersault into the mix. Then I swiftly pulled my wings tight against my body so that I plummeted like a stone, into the black waters beneath.

It was excruciatingly freezing, a fact that I realised when I thought I was being stabbed continuously with a million blades. I endured though, because pain aside, there was that overall feeling I was hoping for- peace. I opened my eyes and there was nothing but the odd moon beam struggling to keep its existence in the drifting darkness. If I tried too hard to think, then the icy blades would stop me. If I tried too hard to move, the many blades would hold me in place. The black water and pain totally encapsulated me. This was definitely peace, or at least, the only peace that I had ever known.

Now there was another pain. In my heart, or was it my lungs. I was too peaceful to care. I smiled, watching the pretty bubbles float from my lips…

Something clamped down around my waist and another one the same, around my chest. My arms where being tugged relentlessly, something sharp was digging into my scalp. I felt like a rubix cube in a washing machine. The darkness was fading from around me, replaced by something heavy pushing down on my chest. There was still pain, constantly pain, but where was the peace?

I opened my eyes, vision blurred by a trickle of something warm and wet. I felt like crap, that being an understatement. I tried forcing myself to sit up, but something held me firmly in place. I tilted my face to the side, spitting blood out onto stones. Still at the lake I realised. What happened? I couldn’t remember anything but a strange bliss.

I tilted my head back, my vision seemingly a little better. I could make out Fang leaning over me, eyes dark and jaw clenched tight. He was sopping wet, his black emo fringe plastered to his forehead. I couldn’t feel any particular cuts across my body, just a stinging fire that was the same throughout. Fang had removed his shirt and tied it around my left thigh, above a warm wetness that ebbed from a deep cut. The warmth against my icy skin made the stinging worse, I clenched my teeth together, drawing in a breathe that ran like a burning knife down my throat. I felt woozy and my eyes contentedly rolled back into my head. The last thing I heard before the darkness shut off my senses completely was a harsh string of profanities from somewhere close by.

I blundered into the empty kitchen and pulled a carton of orange juice from the fridge. I watched it flow gracefully from the carton and then slosh into my empty glass. A flashback of blood pouring from my now bandaged leg unwillingly entered my head. The burning pain, the vertigo, the wetness pulsing down my leg…

CRAP! The carton in my hand was now empty, its contense overflowing from my glass, seeping across the counter, down the cupboards, pooling between my toes. I gulped down the contense of the cup and then started soaking up the orange waterfall with a nearby towel. Fang walked past the open door, silently surveying the scene without stopping. He hadn’t spoken to me since my near drowning, over five weeks ago. I mean, you didn’t usually get more than five words per day off Fang, but five weeks with zilch. I gritted my teeth in irritation.

The thing is, I really wanted to talk to him. But I’ve always been stubborn and that wasn’t going to change anytime soon. I refused to be the one to start a conversation between us.

I tossed the towel into the sink and rushed to the bathroom. I needed a shower, mainly to wash off this orange juice, but also to clear my head. I locked the door and turned the shower tap to on. I waited impatiently; the water always took forever to get anywhere near hot. I stripped of my juice streaked clothes, admiring in the mirror the many bruises that decorated my left shoulder, back and limbs. It was like I’d been hit with many purple paint bombs.

Steam began to rise from the shower, so I stepped in, letting the warmth radiate through my muscles. It felt good. I looked down at the bandage secured round my thigh, with my fingers I carefully pried it away from my skin to slowly reveal a puckered pink scar that ran for about fifteen centimetres. I lightly traced it with my finger. I had nearly died from the amount of blood I’d lost out of this fading cut. I tilted my head back, letting water run into my ears so that all I heard was its gushing flow.

The water had run cold so I reached out my hand to it shut it off. Stepping out I grabbed a towel off the rail, wrapping it tightly around my wet skin. On the way to my bedroom I tossed the dirty handful of my clothes inaccurately into the wash.

Flopping down onto my bed I buried my face deep into a pillow, my wet hair started to make it damp. For a while I just listened to my hearts comforting rhythm. One of the most reassuring sounds there was, familiar and, if I focused on it hard enough, capable of clouding over some of my thoughts.

A knock at the door broke through my concentration.
“Who is it?” I queried, not bothering to cover up my annoyance at the interruption of my meditation.
“Fang” My stubbornness paid off.
“Come in.” Then I remembered that I was only wearing a towel. Damn, too late, h was already in my room. I sat up slowly, constantly tugging my towel in a hope to stretch it around more of me. Luckily he kept his eyes to the floor.
“I thought that maybe I should come talk to you.”
“Well no duh.” He ignored me.
“If you want me to that is.” Huh?
“Fang, or course I want you to, whatever made you think differently?” There was a long awkward pause.
“Whenever I…” another pause “Whenever I try to be close to you, you push me away.” It wasn’t really an answer to my question, just a statement. “Max. I’ve thought about this. I don’t like to see you hurt.” He shot a quick glance to my hidden scar. I subconsciously tugged at my towel again. “I thought that if I gave you some time to think, if I gave you a bit of space, then...” He really was struggling for words. He sat down next to me and gripped my arms; I was really struggling to make any sense of this. “Max I love you.”

STOP!!! REWIND. REPEAT. “Max I love you.” WHAT THE FU…

“Max, I need to know what you’re thinking. What you’re feeling. Please?” Oh god, NO! Fang couldn’t possibly be using a voice that filled with… desperation.
“Gimme a sec.” I whispered.

What did I feel? Like I hadn’t tossed that nut of contemplation around my head before. I wanted to give him an answer though, I needed to because I knew how much this was hurting him, I could physically see just how much. A dozen similar pictures of Fang ran through my head;

Fang, bruised and bloodied ----- My right hand man in battle.----- Fang, comforting Angel.------ Farther of the flock and second in command. ----- Fang, kissing me.

“I… do love you.” I stared wide eyed in realisation “I love you!” Something swayed through me, whatever it was made me feel nauseous, giddy and pulled my face into a huge grin. I must have looked real goofy. Fang’s reaction was instant, his lips against mine.

I expected the fire and ice I had experienced the last time he’d kissed me to flash through me all over again, and it did, it flashed through me like a wildfire! Except, there was no ice. Just fire that dredged up my genetically modified hormones. I pulled away from him quickly, before the flames overpowered me. “Max?” he sounded like he expected me to run away nearly killing myself in the process all over again.
My breathing was ragged and it took me a little while to douse the flames. “Fang, I would happily go on kissing you if I wasn’t merely wearing a towel.”
He raised an eyebrow playfully “So take it off then.”
“You wish!”
“Says the girl who nearly died skinny dipping.” He smirked.
“I was not skinny dipping.” I made an effort to look angry at him but I just couldn’t keep a straight face. “Look, if you wanna kiss me anymore today, you are going to have to step out the room.” When he didn’t move I added “Now.”
He walked reluctantly to the door. “I could just…” He didn’t finish that sentence because he ducked out the door to avoid a pillow colliding with his face.

I rushed to my wardrobe. I pulled on a green tank top and jeans. With the strange high I was on, I forced myself to double check that I hadn’t forgotten anything crucial, like underwear. Nope, I was fine in the underwear department. Then I flew (not literally) over to the door. When I opened it, no-one was there. “Fang!” I hissed into the empty hall.
“Yes?” he casually materialised with his face a centimetre from mine. Damn his invisibility. After that, my thoughts where scattered by the uncontrollable fire.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.

Back to top Go down