Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rodeo Herd Come

Go down

The Rodeo Herd Come Empty The Rodeo Herd Come

Post by Admin Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Indigo=purple
Crotell=green
Missy=pink

I trot in along with my "herd". We look around. Okay, no humans around but just to make sure, I smell the air. The smell of wood and fresh rain fills my nostrils. I smell deeply. I missed this smell for so long. I haven't smelt anything so great since I was a foal, living on a mustang reserve in Texas. I sigh faintly. So great to be free.

I fallow Indigo closely. All this is so new to me. The smell of fresh rain, the sound of birds chirping pleasantly, the tall trees overhead. I stand straight and look up. Water droplets fall from the green leaves and fall onto my face. They are cold but yet so inviting. I am very thirsty. I see a small puddle next to a bunch of roots. I start to drink from it cautiously, always listening around me.

I start to drift off. I can smell a pond nearby and I desperately need a bath. My legs are caked with mud with irritates me very much. I don't know how they can stand it. I gallop to the pond. It is a little murky but it is better than nothing. I could do for a nice warm bath...
I jump into the cold water. I am surprised by how deep it is. One little jump and I am up to my chest. I decide not to go any further. I jump and kick around in the water, enjoying my freedom.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down