Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the devil for auction.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the devil for auction. Empty the devil for auction.

Post by Saviour Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Daze:I pull at my lead and snort, and my handler almost falls over when I rear. I pin my ears and come down stepping foreward only when a whip cracks behind me. The arena is huge and the lights blinding, everyone talking and shouting, getting hot dogs and drinking beer. The human pulled at my lead, making me furious; I snort and run at him, bowling him over I rip the rope out of his hands and gallop into the arena. By the time I realize there were no exits it was too late. I swung around only to see the gates I had fled through being hastily shut and my human scrambling overthe fence. I toss my head and swing around to face the other two-leggers. I neigh a blood-curdling scream; challenging any to come face me. I snort and through a fit, cantering around the arena kicking the air and striking the ground with jealous hooves. I stop every so often and snort at a child who had come to close to the fence, but continue once the fear had crawled down the poor kids spine.

the devil for auction. Black_horse_by_RedSuffer
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

the devil for auction. Empty Re: the devil for auction.

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:58 pm

{give me a couple minutes and I'll make a girl and type up a reply if you want}
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:00 pm

[ok thnx, i 4got to metion that its a mare, not tht it matters just so ppl kno]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 pm

{Alright, that's fine Smile }

~Megan
I laugh lightly over tthe sounds of the rodeo(?), smiling at one of Joshua's, my oldest brother, jokes. I heard an inhuman scream, and stopped suddenly, though my brother, nor my mother, seemed to have noticed the sound and looked back at me. I shrugged, walking over towards where it came from just in time to see a ebony mare knock down a man and gallop into the arena. She twisted and spun around as if to charge back at the gate, yet it was already closed. I felt a strange tightening feeling in my chest as I look at the mare, leaning against the fence. "Megan?" I turned at the sound of my mom's voice. "You alright?" I nodded, biting my lower lip. "I'm just, feeling a little dizzy, can I stand here for awhile?" She hesitated, then nodded. "Im going with Joshua to get some food, if you need anything, we'll be over by the stands." I nodded and smiled a thanks, watching her walk away before turning eager eyes back on the beautiful, rebelious mare again.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Daze: I snort and slowly calm down. I shake and scream once more, looking at the horses in stalls I neigh to them, curious as to why they were so calm and laid back. I snort and rear, kicking the air with angry, thrashing legs and I toss my head. I come back down and look amused at the crowd once more, then trot around the arena, keeping a watchful eye on my surroundings. A human slowly walked toward the gate and I froze, nostrils flaring, ears pinned, I wait for his/her next move. I whinnie and end it with an aggitated snort. I wasn't stupid; I knew that a gate meant a way for the crewl two-leggeds could enter my domain. A way for them to gain access to my territory and a way for them to pin my fun against the wall and use it as a dart board. I flick my tail annoyed and wait for its next move.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 pm

~Megan
I flinched back slightly at the hard gaze of the mare on me. I didn't have much experience with horses; I knew how to ride and take care of them and listen to them and be patient, but I had never owned any of them. I felt my heartbeat speed up, and I didn't hear the sounds of the rodeo as people walked past me. Dimly, I heard someone shouting: "That demon has to be chased out, we have to set up an event! Shoot her if no one wants her and we can't move it!" I caught my breath, searching for who said it. Who cared if she was wild? That didn't make her evil! No horse was born evil, just misunderstood, confused, angry, and so on. Not evil! I bit my lower lip, looking back to the wild mare. No, they couldn't kill her.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Daze:I jump at the sound of the man, I pinpoint his location and stare at him, my gaze hard and cold. I run at the fence by him and slide to a halt, breathing heavily I nearly touch my face to his, staring into his eyes. I blinked and backed up a small bit, his eyes were bitter, showed hate and evilness. He seemed to be afraid of nothing. I turn around and trot to the other side of the arena, reaching the fence and flick my tail and run at him, full throttle and fake to jump over the bleachers at him. I snort when he doesn't flinch and pin my ears, and scream into his face, he didn't even shiver. I flick my tail and smell the dirt, thinking. I turn around and buck, kicking the railing and almost hitting his ribs. I turn around and look at him with curious eyes. I whinnie, but it sounds more like a menacing growl and rear at him, kicking at his face, but purposly missing my an inch. I snort and come down, looking at the other humans. I prick my ears foreward, seeing the human by the gait once more. I whinnie a more normal whinnie and flick my tail, seeing if the man beside me said anything else.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 pm

~Megan
I caught my breath, seeing the mare running at the fence at the man. He didn't move, didn't flink, didn't even blink!. I shook my head slightly as he sneered at the mare, showing ugly rows of yellow, chewing tobaco-stained teeth. "You're going to Hell, you little devil," he growled, and I felt anger rising up in my chest. Pushing away from the fence, I forced my way through the crowd towards the man, fury beuilding up inside me. "You're the one that's going there!" I snapped when I finally pushed through the last crowd of people to stand in front of him and glare at him. "She's not a demon! Can't you tell you're all just angering and confusing her? She isn't used to such loud noises!" I shouted. The people around us fell silent to listen to us. I didn't even know if half of what I was saying was true; I was just too angry to stop now. "Horses aren't evil, it's humans that are the most sinful creatures! And yet you call her the devil when you mineaswell be his apprentice!"
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Daze:I look at the girl surprised. I take a few steps back and bob my head confused. My ears prick forward and My eyes soften as I listen to her, I whicker quietly to her, thanking her for explaining my thoughts to the horid man. I rest one hoove and wait for the man to respond. I couldnt help thinking that she was endangering herself sticking up for me, and that the man could easily just pull a gun on either one of us just to show his strength and power.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 pm

~Megan
The man scowled down at me and I wrinkled my nose, smelling beer and tobacco on his breath. "And what do you know, girl? You're nothing but a kid, so go run home to your mommy and leave the horses to the adults," he snarled. I felt my eyes narrow. "A kid? I'm almost fifteen! And I obviously know more than you to see that her spirit isn't truly mean!" I shouted back at him, glancing at the mare, who had pricked her ears forward and whinnied softly. "Why, you little runt he snarled, raising a hand. I felt my heartbeat speed up as I took a step back, fear flashing through my mind. Then a hand from the crowd reached out and grabbed the man's arm, twisting it crudely behind his back. "You'd better leave my little sister aone." Lord, had I never been so happy to see my older brother before in my Life. Mom pulled me back out of the crowd near an open spot by the fence, and looke at me with worried eyes. "What were you doing? You, he could've seriously hurt you! What were you thinking?" she demanded, her eyes full of worry. "Mom, I couldn't let him talk about the horse like that, she isn't evil!" Joshua came up behind us. "You shouldn't have gone up to him, though, Megan. He's one of the people who doesn't care who he hits as long as he gets his way." I stared at him. "But how can you say that, Josh? You love horses!" I turned to my mom. "Please, Mom, let's get her, she needs help!" I begged. I saw pain flash through her eyes as she shook her head. "Hun, you know I can't do that. Where would we put her?" "I-in, the stable, across the streeth. Please, mom, I'll pay for the rent, I'll work for it, we can't just let her die!" Joshua looked over at Mom. "You know, it could be a good experience for her, to help with a horse. Maybe she'll get some real friends." He tried to smile, but it didn't work out very well. "But she's too dangerous!" "I would stay with her." I looked, shocked, up at joshua. He was taking my side... Or dear, sweet Lord, thank you for giving me such a brother! Mom didn't look too convinced. "Mom, look, she isn't mean!" I said, turning to the fence to look at the dark mare as she stood in the arena, slim and elegant.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Daze:At first I half pinned my ears, but seeing the girl and the woman together I unpinned them and stretched my long, slender neck out toward them, smelling the air for thier scent. I picked up their scent, along with many others, one that smelled of beer, tabacco and one that smelled nice, and fresh like shampoo. There was another that smelled of axe and then finally; the one I was looking for, that smelled sweet.
[i gtg sorry be back on 2morrow, gma kicked me off Razz bye and night]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 am

{ Razz no problem, see ya!}

~Megan
I felt a smile slip onto my lips as I watched the mare, feeling my heartbeat pick up slightly in excitement. I wished that I could whistle to her, but I knew that she probably wouldn't like the sound, being so new to everything here already. Mom came over to stand beside me by the fence. "She doesn't look all that mean, anymore," she said quietly. "That's because she isn't! She's just confused, wouldn't you be, too, if you were in her place?" Mom hesitated a moment, thinking about it before nodding slowly.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 am

Daze:I shake and whicker to the ppair, then take a slow step foreward and stop. I bow my head and watch the two carry on thier conversation. I take another step and reach my head out towards the girl, smelling her scent again, yes, this was the source of the sweet and crisp smell. She smelled of fruit, and carrots, even of sugar. I smell the mom this time; she smelled of cleaning products, and of multiple food ingredients. I sneeze at the combination and then smell the brother. He smelled of hay, and alfalfa. There was a hint of apples and carrots and sugar cubes. But he smelled of horses very strongly[sp]. I smell his pocket and lip it, looking for a sugar cube or any treat. I flick my tail at a fly and watch the three humans.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:34 am

~Joshua
I feel someone tug gently at my pocket, but not as a bite. Standing still for a moment, I turn around ver slowly to look at the mare, who had come over to the fence. Moving very slowly, I pulled a small carrot out of my pocket, cracking it in a few smaller pieces carefully so it didn't make too loud a sound and scare her off. Waiting a moment to see her reaction, I extend my hand carefully and slowly over to her, talking in a very low, barely audible voice as I offer her the carrot. Out of the corner of my eye I see Megan smile happily and Mom watch with worried eyes.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am

Daze:I smell the boys hand, my warm breath grasping the scent of the apple and bringing it back to me. I gently take the carrot and smell the hand once more. I then turn to the crowd of people and my heart beats heavily a few times, I whinnie loudly and toss my head. Then turn around and look at the girl. I reach my head over the bar and smell her arm, careful not to scare the mom I push the girl gently in the chest and snort.

[sorry it wasnt very long lol I didnt know what to say]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:40 am

~Megan
I stand silently by the fence, watching her extend her muzzle towards me, staying as still as possible the way Joshua had. She pushed her head into my chest and I moved a foot behind me slightly to keep my balance, smiling widely.

{no problem, I can't really think right now, so it's all good! Razz Smile }
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:39 pm

[haha jeez i dont know what to say at all]

Daze:I bob my head and whicker to the family again.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:05 pm

~Megan
I smile small, turning my head to look at my mom. "Please, Mom? I can work at the stables for the rent, I'll pay for it! I've got money saved up already, I've been putting it in the savings account you made for me!" I pleaded. She frowned slightly, and I saw her hesitate, then sigh. "If you get hurt, then I'm going to get rid of her. And your brother or one of the instructors must be with you whenever you're with your mare," she said. I made a face but didn't protest as Mom hurried off to find the man who had been knocked over by her.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Daze:I watch the girl leave and shake, then canter around the arena. I stand in the middle and rest my eyes, getting more comfortable as time went by.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:53 am

~Megan
I stand there by the fence, watching her graceful body canter around the arena. She stops and stands in the middle, and I fold my arms on top of the fence and lay my head down. A few minutes later Mom came back. "They're going to try backing a trailer into the arena parcially(sp?) and try to herd her in. I already called the stables and they said it's fine for us to board her there in this one pen a little away from the other horses." I held in a sigh. Great, so now she'd be isolated as if she were a disease? I forced a smile and nodded. "Thanks, Mom," I heard myself saying.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 am

Daze:I prick my ears up at them but made no motion to open my eyes or move. I then here the sound of a dadge pickup and the creaking noise of a trailer, I open my eyes and pin my ears. The trailer backs up into the arena and I make little jumps mocking a rear and neigh nervously. My nostrils were flared and my heart was pumping. I snort and run to the back of the arena and stand there restlessly.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:16 pm

~Megan
I watched as a group of men, some mounted on horses with ropes, the others on foot and carrying tall boards to steer the mare, came into the arena and make their way towards the mare. Others had gathered around the fence and in the stands, waiting for the next event, and stopped talking as they watched for the wild mare's reaction.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Daze:I snort at them, watching as they mount up and enter the arena; I rear and canter around, daring them to race. I seemed to grin and canter tauntingly.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:25 pm

~Megan
I watch, my body tense and my eyes intent as the cowboys started to canter after her towards the end of the arena, almost making a line as if to force her way over to the trailer, ready to scare her away from them with their ropes and get in her way if she tried to run back towards them.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Daze:I snort at them, and promptly start walking foreward, watching the cowboys closley for a threat.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next