Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's An Addiction (Please Reply)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's An Addiction (Please Reply) - Page 2 Empty Re: It's An Addiction (Please Reply)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Mia smiled and nodded. "That's good," she said and inhaled deeply. "I think you should enter both of the horses in the race; Charles is also adding Cyberus in the race... He's training him now," she said and patted Flipp on the neck before walking out of the barn and watching Charles train. She was stiffened and hypnotized by the way Cyberus moved-- he was so graceful and natural.

Back to top Go down

It's An Addiction (Please Reply) - Page 2 Empty Re: It's An Addiction (Please Reply)

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:43 pm

"Well Ronny said we might enter him in a maiden race and only horses who have not broke there madens race in these races. Besides I thought your horse was a older more top race horse there an't no way some one is gonna waist his time in a race worth $10,000 it's not even a mile long." I said. "We might take the horses to Florida insted but we are gonna race Storm Stride in the Florida Derby as a prep race." I did not tell any one it was a prep race for the first jewle of the Triple Crown. Ronny had the colt in top condition."So when is Cyberus racing?" I asked

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Mia snapped out of her fantasy and blinked. "Huh? Oh, yeah sorry. Tomorrow. That's when the closest maiden race is. And Cyberus is only 2 years old, but he raced in many mini-races. It was sort of a betting kind of thing," she said and smiled when Cyberus glanced at her while he was passing.
Cyberus's mane flew behind him as he sprinted, the trainer and Mr.Moore clocking his time. He was an excellent race horse, but of course, he was short, and no one really had high expectations for him besides Mia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:03 pm

I watched Storm stride dance in the mist of the water from the water hose. He was beeing cooled out after a work. "Yeah well Frank's three-year-old Storm stirde is in top condition and he is beeing raced in the prep race for the Kentucky Derby but the black colt owned by Oak Ridge Farm's will be enterd in the Florida Derby with him. If I can I will watch on telavison."

(dont worrie about the colt look at seabiscut he was like 15 hand's) Very Happy

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Mia nodded and glanced around. "Why aren't you riding? I thought maybe I could see what your made of -- as a jockey," she said and continued to watch Cyberus before going back to the barn and mounting Flipp. She strapped reins on his face and smiled, Flipp going into a steady trot. She kept the phone close to her ear as she waited for his response.

(I love Seabisciut... He's a very inspirational horse... I've seen the race on YouTube when he goes against the bad-a$$ War Admiral ^-^ )

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:27 pm

"I ride Storm Stride, Hummingbird Dancer, Funny Feet, now I also ride Love's Fool, Sweet Ravenge." I said. "I have ridden many do you want me to name theme to?" I laugh a little.

(I love War Admral evrey one think's he was bad horse he was amazing he almost lost his intier hoof when he came out of the gate in the Belmont Stakes but he won any way the only race he ever lost was agianst Seabiscut. He was undefeted untill Seabiscut one of the first ever to win the Triple Crown undefeted to. I hate that no one ever gives him credit. But yeah Sebiscut was a great horse but I still like War Admral he was my kind of horse Seabiscut had heart lost of it Very Happy )

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Mia chuckled and shook her head. "No, no it's fine. I get the point," she said and started Flipp off to a canter. "Say, do you want to meet up sometime during the race? I'm going to be attending -- as an audience member," she said the last part sadly and cleared her throat.

(Yeah, I know, but I was only calling War Admiral bad-a$$ because he was HUGE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:55 pm

"Um sure I can meet you there." I said. I watched Storm play in the water some more then his groom lead him away to the barn. "Where do you want to meet at the track?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Mia sighed and gave an 'Um'. "Uh, maybe in the first row... I kind of half to keep an eye on Cyberus if anything bad happens," she said and pulled Flipp back into the barn, putting away all tack she had used earlier. She gave Flipp half an apple, seeing him lipping at it made her laugh lightly. She stroked his cheeck and leaned against a stall in wait for his response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 pm

"Sure I will be there, hey I got to go Funny Feet has a work out in like ten minutes and I need to be there with Ronny I will see you soon." I said going back tot he barn. I said good by and had to hang up to help with Funny Feet's tack-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Mia put her cell phone back in her pocket and went inside, falling asleep swiftly.

`THE NEXT DAY`
Mia arose from her sleep to the sound of Charles loading Cyberus into the trailer. The trailer gate slammed shut, Charles walking back to the house to get changed into his jockey uniform. He passed Mia by and chuckled at how much of a mess she looked, and Mia gave him a chuckle right back. She itched her scalp and hopped into the shower. Once she came out, she combed her hair, did her makeup, and got dressed in a white, ruffled blouse with a knee-length black skirt and white flats. She rushed into the pick-up along with Charles in his jockey outfit and Mr.Moore and the trainer in the backseats. Mia drove them to the track after an one hour of rough travel. The trainer unloaded Cyberus and Charles followed at his side, Mia going off into the stands to wait for Ray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 pm

We spent time trying to get Storm Stride ready for the Florida Derby the very last race. It would be his prep race for the Kentucky Derby. I had on jean's and a T-shirt but the stable work kept me from getting dressed. I would be riding some other mount's later that day but none this morning I was going to meet Mia. I went to search the grand stand's and looked in the front seat's. I saw her watching the horses walking the track to go to the post or the gate. I went down the row's and sat down next to her "Hey." I said smiling-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Mia threw a smile right back at him. "Hey," she said. "You excited?" she asked with a bigger grin than she had before. She watched him for a moment before looking at Cyberus entering the track with quite a strut which made her chuckle. Cyberus made a little sideways trot and walked up to the chute, but refused to enter. Mia inspected Cyberus carefully before he finally went in after about 9 attempts. He seemed on edge today; a little more jumpy than usual. The race was going to start in about ten minutes, so Mia had time to talk to Ray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 pm

"I'm more nervuse I have three races to rid ein after this. The last is the Florida Derby, on storm Stride." I said smiling. "What about your brother has he raced a lot?" I watched the colt finally stand quiet in the gates.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Mia nodded and sighed. "Yeah, Charles has. He's actually been fought over by a couple of bosses before Mr.Moore came along and literally bought him," she said and tucked her hair behind her ear, hearing the announcer greet everyone to the race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:05 pm

"I have ridden for many trainer's." I said. "I started to ride when I was 14 on Thoroughbred's. I got my license at the legle age of 16. I started to ride at belmont and won my first 35 races and broke my aperintice license. I ended up riding some nice grass fillies for Ronny and I became there top stable rider." I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Mia smiled lightly, imagining what it would be like to be a jockey. "It must be marvelous being a jockey," she said to Ray lingeringly before redirecting her direction to the track, that trumpet song playing. The bell rung and the gates slapped open, horses sprinting from the chutes except for one, stubborn colt trying to buck his rider off. Mia focused on Cyberus who was currently in 4th place out of 9th. He was doing pretty good for his first actual race.
"Meet Destiny in first, Nana Lisa in second, Cyberus now in third! This will be quite a race, folks," the announcer said as he eyed all the race horses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:47 pm

I sat watching as the colt moved into 4th. "Come on boy." I mutterd. The pack moved easly along the rail as he chalenged the leader's-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Mia nibbled on her lip as Cyberus appraoched second place. "C'mon boy," she murmured softly and watched.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:56 pm

The crowed was on it's feet and I stood up watching as the two horses ran down the home stretch-(how about Cyberus and Storm Stride hav a match race in the end but Storm Stride win's the Triple Crown but Cyberus races agianst him in a match race Idea )

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:19 pm

(Yeah! Sounds good =]] )
Mia stood and cheered for Cyberus who was nose to nose on the other horse. "It's Meet Destiny, it's Cyberus, it's Meet Destiny, it's --- CYBERUS!" The announcer called and jumped from his seat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 am

I watched the colt pass under the wire. "I wont be surprised if he break's his maden in a couple of week's." I said. "Most horses his age have to have three maden races before they even get close to breaking there maden's. Congratulation's." I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

Mia smiled and nodded. "Thank you," she replied and watched Charles celebrate by waving his left hand around. "I'm sure the same will be with your horses," she complimented back. Mia's eyes widened as she saw the Ambulance Car approach the rider who was thrown off his horse. Cyberus had always been some-what spooked around vehicles, and today he was extra jumpy. "Oh no," she mumbled softly as she saw the Ambulance speed by Cyberus. Cyberus reared and tried backing away from the car with his hind legs. Charles attempted to jump off of his back, but his foot was latched in the stirrup, so it was no use. Cyberus landed on his side; Charle's leg was crushed. "Charles!!" screamed Mia as she ran out to the field. She got Cyberus to get up, but Charles couldn't get up. She propped him up and helped walk Charles to Mr.Moore who was running at them. The trainer was busy trying to calm down Cyberus, so he paid little attention to Charles.
"Charles!" Mr.Moore said as his heart raced wildly. He picked him up and put him in the Ambulance that had stopped after Cyberus got spooked. Mia was speechless; all she could do was watch her brother get loaded up in the Ambulance. She was very worried, for she knew he may never race again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:56 am

I ran after Mia "He will be fine." I said to her as the ambulance left. "He will ide agian I got kicked in the leg once and almost busted the cap off my knee but I rode agian, it may take time for him to heal but he will be fine." I had not shared the rest. Some rider's could not get back in the saddle after a bad fall they where to scared but a lot did. I rememberd my fall in Kentucky on a green horse who broke out of the gate. I hit my shoulder and almost broke that to but I got back on. I tried to speak to her telling her it was ok. "How about we get your colt cooled out." I said "That might take your mind off it?" I needed to get ready for my race but I had some time-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:10 am

Mia nodded, but she was obviously still pretty worried about her brother. She glanced over her shoulder to see Cyberus bucking and kicking at the trainer. "Alright," she replied softly to Ray before walking calmly up to Cyberus. She saw the fear in Cyberus's eyes, and she could sorta understand what he was going through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next