Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm In The Shadows No More.

Go down

I'm In The Shadows No More. Empty I'm In The Shadows No More.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:17 pm

{Juniper}
Forever in the shadows. My father's voice fluttered through my head. I had disgraced him. His response? If I ever left the shadows, he would find me and kill me. In the Silver Moon Moor, it was always night so staying in the shadows wasn't too hard for me. Although my coat was a dazzling white, I'd gotten better at learning to conceal myself in the short time I'd had. My icy blue eyes darted as I was nearing a patch of moonlight. I had to make sure no creature saw me cross. If they had, I ran the risk of my father finding out of my general whereabouts. I meandered around it and continued on my course. I was still in his territory, running for my life because I'd caught sight of one of his pack members. I didn't slow down for anything, I just kept running. Tears were streaming down my face, yet I ignored them. I hated when I cried, it made me feel weak. I found a small clearing and slipped into the very tall grass. I was smaller than most wolves so I decided to use the grass to my advantage. I found a soft patch of grass and curled up. Hoping sleep would help soothe my pain. I looked up at the sky and let out a sigh. I'd never seen the sun before, and now I never would. I watched the stars and tried to make out as many constellations as I could, trying to get my mind off of all that had happened. I moved to make myself more comfortable and scratched one of my hind legs on a small, yet sharp, rock. Blood wasn't drawn but it caused me to let out a shrill yelp. My eyes widened like a deer caught in a car's headlights as I ducked lower than I already was. I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed silently to myself that no wolf from my father's pack had heard me. When I heard no movement I opened my eyes to darkness, the same as before. I couldn't help but smile that no one had heard me. I lifted my head in time to see a large black wolf enter the clearing. I dipped back under the grass, but then realized who it was. "Aj!" I got to my feet and bounded over to him.

[Could someone play Aj? Please and thank you!]

(Picture of Juniper! http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2juG42WVb_o/TSWeqwpCN0I/AAAAAAAAAKk/PlFc8TkxSRA/s1600/White_wolf_in_snow_by_Acaciacat.jpg)
(Picture of Aj! http://perfumepharmer.com/organic-perfume-skincare-remedies/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Black-Wolf-Hunting.jpg )

Back to top Go down