Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Light In The Dark (Prologue through Chapter 1)

Go down

A Light In The Dark (Prologue through Chapter 1) Empty A Light In The Dark (Prologue through Chapter 1)

Post by Dark**Light Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:26 pm

PROLOGUE

I mostly feel stuck in a small space like this. I’m always alone, with the exception of the small cracks in the massive stone walls. Well, that and the hole that is used to slide food to me. Most people call me a psychopath. No one knows my story or my past. They only know my current. I became stuck in this small room after almost being sentenced to death. I never understood why people called me that. Though it’s probably after the multiple fatalities that I’ve had with my enemies. Nobody knows what those people did to me. Only what I did to them. Only one person has ever understood me. But they’re long dead by now. Most people are scared of me. Partly because I’m part cat and can get angered very easily. But that doesn’t matter, at least not yet. Sometimes I wonder how I came to this place. Stuck in a small room, all alone, no one to talk to. But now I realize that this situation is only the beginning, the beginning of a journey to an ending, all too far away.

CHAPTER 1

“What’s that?” called my friend Chloe. “I have no clue. But I’m gonna check it out.” I answered back. I cautiously made my way down the winding stairwell and into a dark room. “Be careful Alexa!” I heard Chloe call. I turned around and said “I will. Now can you please stop acting like you’re my mother?” After that remark there was only the occasional call from Chloe saying “Can you still hear me?” or “Where are you right now?” I looked around and saw the glowing orb. I walked toward it and heard a hiss. “It must be a cat.” I said under my breath. I extended a hand toward the orb then a large flash of light engulfed me and the cat. I looked around and saw the cat. It was yowling in terror. I maneuvered my way to the cat then lifted it into my arms. I sat down and curled into a ball around the cat, shielding it from the blinding light. I shut my eyes tight and thought Tell me that we’ll make it out okay. Please. Soon the light disappeared and the orb was replaced by a bottle. In the bottle was a glowing light. I touched the cork of the bottle and the light squeezed through the cracks. I watched as it traveled up my nails, into my fingers and up my arm. At that moment I heard the cat speak. “You shouldn’t have done that.” I whirled my head around and faced the cat. “You can talk!” I said. The cat cocked its head and said “I can’t speak human but you can now speak cat. You can understand me.” I shook my head and said “Well how did this happen? Is this the only this I can do that has to do with a cat?” The cat wound around my legs and said “The flash of light, the light in the bottle. That’s how this came to be. I tried to warn you by hissing but noooo! You just can’t catch a clue brick! It hit you square in the head,” the cat yowled. It slightly calmed down then continued, “You can do many things. But you’ll have to figure them out. Take me up with you and I will help you with this crazy and utterly ridiculous journey.” I walked up the stairs, carrying the cat in my arms. I arrived at the top and Chloe screamed “Oh you’re okay! After that flash of light I thought you might not come back!” She saw the cat and said “Where’d you find him?” I looked at Chloe and said “First of all, it’s a girl. And second of all, I rescued it from sheer terror. I thought it might like a break from the dark room it was in.” Chloe nodded her head and said “C’mon. Let’s get outa here!” We ran for the door and swung it open. I grabbed the handle of the door and slammed it shut. I sprinted after Chloe and headed for home.

(It's unfinished but tell me if you like it so far. I'll be adding to it later.)
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Curled up in a hole ready for the cold embrace of death

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum