Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) Empty A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Daydreamer Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:42 pm

( I hope your okay with me just naming the two tribe's...it sounded cool? Which one do you like better for your tribe? (Personally I kinda like White Water)

"This is ridiculous, Im not going through with this!" Aliya's clear voice, rang out through her father's hut. She stood there, a short red dress of deerskin that almost matched her hair in hue. The tumbling curl's cascaded down her back. Her unusual blue eyes were flashing. Her father wasn't fazed by this as he stood there. "You must understand that what I am doing is for your benefit, and for the tribe's" he answered her. Aliya couldn't help but snort. "Marrying me off, to one of the village's best warrior's isn't for my best" she shot back at him, and without waiting for an answer she stormed out of the tent, and into the bright sunlight.

She walked through the village angrily. Most people got out of her way, seeing that she was mad. A warrior princess wasn't someone you wanted to get involved with when they look as if they could kill a bear with their bear hands. As she walked farther away from the village her paces started to slow. She let out a long breath as she neared a small hill. She needed to get away from everyone, her father, and her responsibilties. Mostly she wanted to get away from Orrow, the men she was to be married to. The stone faced warrior knew no fear but then Aliya wasn't too sure he felt...anything really.

She sighed as she fell to her knee's facing a small creek, she dipped her hand in swirling the water around. She closed her eyes, letting herself relax into the sound of the rushing water, the wildlife that surrounded her. She opened them again, the paint on her thigh's seemed to glow in the morning's light as the sun had just risen over the peak of the mountains. She cocked her head, watching an eagle soar high above the clouds. She wished she could fly like the eagle. She touched her hair, and emerged with a small feather that belonged to her mother. It was the pure red feather of a Red Tailed Hawk. She sighed as she ran her fingers over the soft dawn. She put it back, feeling more at peace now.

She didn't want to go back to the village, she needed some time. She stood up and began to follow the creek, jumping from one stone to the other, the wind blowing, and tugging at her hair and she couldn't help but smile. Her bare feet barely making a sound as she jumped across a narrow part of the creek. She dipped her toes in, before stepping inside the cold clear water. She raised her head to the sky, letting the ray's soak into her skin.

(Hope this is okay for you! Smile )

Oh and i just had to stick this in here, because its a beautiful piece of music that I listened to while writing this XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTcwlOq8Cs&feature=related
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) Empty Re: A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Tayssi Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 am

Yes, sir. I shall carry out your wish," Shiye said in a soft, yet strong voice. He looked at his father and took the sheet from his hands and bowed his head slightly. "I shall complete this mission as quickly as possible," he said and turned and walked out of the head chief's hut. Nodding in acknowledgement as people waved and said hello to him, Shiye made his way towards the border. Once away from the huts; once they were out of view, Shiye put the sheet in a rucksack he carried around with him and moved his fingers to his lips and blew. A strong whistle escaped him, loud and clear, carrying over the land with ease. Dropping his ahdns by his side, Shiye waited.

A strong wind blew, blowing his amber hair over his face and in his jade and sapphire eyes. Then he heard the distinctive sounds of hooves crashing onto the hard ground. Turning, Shiye saw a strong paint stallion making his way towards him. Obviously, Etu had followed him from the tribe, as he had his paint markings and everything else he usually wore, on. As the stallion stopped infront of him, nosing the young man, Shiye smiled and stroked his neck softly. Then he heard the sound of claws tapping lightly against rocks and slight panting. Shiye turned to see a female wolf walking towards his, her allknowing green eyes watching him. The fae had black and tan coat, the black holding an almost green tinge to it. Yet, upon her forehead, the female wolf held an unusual marking.

Shiye chuckled softly and crouched down as the wolf came over to him. Running a hand through her soft yet rough fur, the young man looked down at her. Talutah. That was the wolf's chosen name. The only name she accepted. As Etu was the only name the sallion accepted. Shiye stood up and sighed. "Time to head out," he said to them as he vaulted onto the stallions back. The horse took off into a sprint, already knowing where he was to go, Talutah following closely. It was indeed unsual, for, yes, horses were common amongst the Sage Mountain tribe, but wolves were not. Not in many tribes. Not many wolves dared to get close enough to chose a human. Yet, Talutah had come up to Shiye and basically demanded he was her chosen one. Just like that. From then on, she ahd always watched out for him.

As they raced across the land, Shiye laughed softly as the wind whipped aginst him, as if trying to force him to go back to the tribe. He already knew of the dangers to going to the White Water tribe. They had been enemies for decades. But Shiye ahd suggested to his father, for tribe benefits and safety, to suggest a peace treaty. Which, to his surprise, his father had accepted to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they crossed the border into the White Water tribe's territory, Shiye dismounted Etu and walked inbetween both horse and wolf. No tribe people came into view even after an hour of searching. Just where were they? Sighing, shiye looked around. Suddenly a howl sounded loud and clear from right next to him and Etu snorted in distaste and Shiye winced at the loud sound. He glanced at Talutah to see her head poiting upwards, towards the sky, howling.

What was she doing? Shiye cocked his head to the side in confusion. Then a reply came. A howl from somewhere way off. Talu's ears pricked forward, before she looked at the young man and gave him an almost smug look. Shiye groaned and continued to walk, this time folowing the female wolf. After a few minutes of walking, a young woman with red hair came into view.

Shiye watched her for a moment before he cautiously walked over. She had her eyes closed and face tipped towards the sky, enjoying the feeling on the sun upon her skin. Shiye cleared his throat to get her attention. "Um, excused me. You wouldn't happen to know where the White Water tribe is presently staying right now, would you?" obviously, she did. White Water nor Sage Mountain allowed tresspassers. People were probably already notified and coming to get Shiye right now. So, obviously this young woman was of the tribe. She seemed familar somehow. Not like he knew her.. just familar.

Glancing back, Shiye saw Etu and Talutah standing about 3 metres behind him, watching both man and woman with mild interest.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) Empty Re: A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Daydreamer Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:33 pm

The sun fell against her face, in a calming way. She could almost feel her stress and worries, being drained away and falling into the river under her. She heard a loud howl, coming from a way's off, but she didn't open her eyes. Wolves were pretty common in this area of land, mostly they come from the mountains. Nevertheless, the White Water tribe wasn't too fond of the wolves as they constantly stole their food, and on the prairie it was hard enough to find food without the wolves scuffling around.

She heard the howl come again, she frowned slightly. Maybe she should alert some of the younger boy's to go search for it, they would have fun with that. Aliya then heard a small rustle of grass and someone clear their throat. She jumped, blinking a few times before a man came into view, and not a man she recognized. She immediately turned and grabbed a long dagger from the side of her dress's belt. Holding it up with her hand, she glared at him. Her red hair framing her face, making her blue eyes flash even more brighter. The unusual combination was striking upon her small built face. Even with her small build though, she could beat much bigger men in a battle.

"What buiseness do you have with the tribe" she said, a crystal clear, confident voice emergine from her throat. She could hear the yell's of her tribe's people coming from behind her, they already knew that they had an intruder and Aliya knew they wouldn't take it lightly. She saw the horse behind him, but what really struck her, was the wolf. Standing calmy next to it, watching it with her glimmering eyes. She frowned but turned her head back to Shiye, her dagger still up, awating an answer.

Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Looking back at the girl as she spoke, Shiye held his hands in innocence. "I am here but to give the chief a message from the Sage Mountain tribe," he said, cocking his head to the side with a grin. "I am not looking for any trouble, I swear that upon my life," he responded and as he finished that sentance, men from the tribe surrounded them, pointing arrows and spears towards him. Shiye but grinned at them as they came and restrained him. He watched as they grabbed ahold of Etu, but when they made their way towards Talutah, the wolf stood up, hackles raised.
She bared her teeth at the men, growling and lunging towards them, getting them to back off. Shiye noticed men shifting their aim of their arrows towards the wolf and the man froze. The wolf lunged at a man, tackling him to the ground. As she stood over him, forepaws either side of his head. His eyes filled with fear despite being a warrior. Her jaws opened and she leaned down towards his face.
"Talutah! That's enough!" Shiye growled at the wolf, his voice loud and clear. The wolf glanced at him, her open mouth hovering over the other man's face. Then she pulled back, closing her jaws and licking her lips. She stepped away from the man and sat down, looking up at Shiye.
Shiye sighed in relief and ignored the looked of fear, hatred and surprise directed towards both him and the wolf. Shiye glanced at Aliya and smiled, "i'm not here for trouble," he repeated as he was led away, Etu being led away as well, Talutah simply following as the man directed and equal amount of weapons towards both man and wolf.
Well, what a perfect start this was. Shiye thought to himself with a sigh.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:12 am

Aliya narrowed her eyes, staring at him. She kept her dagger in front of her, the men came around her. Some were on horse-back and stayed back while other's surrounded Shiye. Aliya caught the small grin and mistaked it for some cocky smile, that made her blood boil. Did the Sage Mountain just think they could come into their territory and expect to be greeted with hospitality? Nevertheless, Aliya started to raise a hand, to tell the warriors to stop, but before she could do that the wolf pounced.

Aliya's attention went to her warrior as the wolf stood there, her huge jaws gaping over the warriors body. She cursed, one wrong move and those jaws could snap of the man's neck. Then they would kill the wolf, and the man for sure for bringing the creature here. She didn't know why, but she didn't want that to happen to the man, plus he said he had an important message. She held herself back from attacking the wolf, that held her fellow warrior prisinor.

She turned her head, hearing Shiye. She narrowed her eyes, as the wolf started to back off. She couldn't conceal the shock on her face. A wolf, listening to a man? She couldn't believe it, and she didn't let her shock and surprise show on her face as she turned back onto Shiye, now she didn't want to listen. "Take him to the war cheif" she said her voice ringing out, with authority. The men nodded and pointed their spears at Shiye, leading him into the village with heavy watch. One of the warrior's gave Aliya her white mare, and she mounted it. Grabbing onto her mane and swinging her leg over her bare back. She led the way keeping one eye behind her, watching Shiye.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Shiye obediently followed the group, though he didn't have much choice with being surrounded with weapons. The man chuckled at the thought and then turned his head to look up at the sky. This was such a fantastic way to be taken to the war chief. Well, oh well, he had expected something like this, afterall. Not so brutal as Talutah attacking someone though, he hadn't counted on that. Sighing, Shiye looked ahead, just as the whole tribe came into view. Most were looking over, wanting to know what all the commotion was, but a few just got on with whatever they were doing.
As he was taken into the village, Shiye looked around. It seemed so peaceful here. Well, that wasn't surprising, his father was a harsh man who judged people how he looked. So the tribe was rough and merciless. Everyone hoped for Shiye to become village chief, then peace would be brought to the tribe. Yet, White Water seemed peaceful as it was. Maybe not so peaceful to intruders, but 'ey? If they were nice to them, they'd just be pushovers.
The Sage Mountain tribe would've wiped them over years ago if they were pushovers.
As Shiye was taken to the war chief's hut, Shiye glanced over at Aliya before he was shoved inside. Etu was let go once there and the stallion walked off. He knew better then to try anything. Talutah followed Shiye inside, not liking the thought of him being out of her sight in enemy territory.
It was probably more dangerous for Shiye here then anyone else in his tribe. Afterall, he was the tribe chief's son. Usually doesn't work out too well.

(my gosh, sorry it is so short >>)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:10 pm

(its not short! Don't worry about it Smile )

Aliya walked into the village. Women and men alike glanced curiously at the newcomer. The white mare, Alibi, stepped gracefully as Aliya sat tall on her back, her fingers tangled in her mane. She started to think, maybe with a new worry her father wouldn't think so much of marrying her off to some warrior. She sighed to herself, how could she think of something like that to her advantage, this man could of come to announce war. The White Water tribe and Sage Mountain tribe had always had a shaky friendship. One mistep and they would've announced war. Its not that her tribe was violent, they were just proud.

Aliya looked back, sneaking a glance at the man walking with his head to the sky. She saw the wolf following behind, she did not want that thing coming into the village. What if it tried to hurt one of the children? She narrowed her eyes at it, but then saw that it didn't seem as if it was to do such a thing. Even so, she motioned for one of her warriors to keep an eye on it. "Kill it if you must" she said bending over slightly, saying the words quietly.

They finally reached her father's hut. Aliya dismounted, spoke quietly to Alibi before giving her a pat on the shoulder. "Bring him in" she said quickly and stepping into the large hut herself. They shoved Shiye in, and his wolf followed. She glared at Shiye, "You've got some nerve bringing a wolf into our village" she said harshly, "Tie it up or something" she said quickly before her father, the cheif appeared. "What is this I hear about a Sage Mountain intrusion" he said gruffly. Looking at Aliya for some sort of clarification.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Shiye looked at Aliya as she spoke about Talutah like she was some beast. "She's not a dog. I shall not tie her anywhere," he replied shortly. Yes, Shiye was generally a soft spoken, respectful guy but she was very defencive about Etu and Talutah. He looked at the woman for a moment longer, before he heard a voice and he instinctively stepped to the side, letting the man inside, his moving to stand before him. She was definately a very intelligent wolf. Who had more patience then most.
As the man spoke, looking at Aliya, as if accusing her of something, Shiye cleared his throat to get the man's attention. The man kneeled to the ground, making himself lower then the war chief and showing great respect to him. "I am sorry to intrude upon your land, sir. But I have an important message from my father, the head chief of the Sage Mountain tribe," Shiye explained, keeping his low, but loud enough for those in the hut to hear.
He glanced at Aliya for a moment, before looking up at the war chief. He heard Talutah shift behind him, a soft whine escaping her muzzle as she laid down, watcing Shiye carefully. Shiye knew that Talutah knew the dangers of Shiye coming here and announcing who he was. He didn't want trouble, because he knew, better then anyone, that Talu would jump in if she thought Shiye was in trouble. That would involve her getting killed.
He glanced back at the wolf, "Talutah, go now, keep an eye of Etu," he said and the wolf gave a short growl in response, but she stood up and padded out. He knew that she wouldn't attack the children, nor anyone else. Even if the kids provoked her she wouldn't touch them, paly, yes, hurt, no. But if a warrior provoked her, she'd have to qualms with killing them.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Aliya opened her mouth, about to come up with a retort to his words but as her father walked in she stopped sent him a glare before turning to her father. The cheif looked at her before shaking his head, and turning to look at Shiye, who was now kneeling before him. He raised his head slightly, the beads on his long coat rustling as he moved. "The son of the Cheif of Sage Mountains..." he said breaking off slowly before nodding his head. "Alright, give me this message" he said but he couldn't hide the flash of mistrust that was gathering behind his eyes.

Aliya heard the wolf whine, and she glanced at it, as it lied down. He said it wasn't a dog, but it sure acted like it was tame and under his control. She crossed her arm's over her chest. So this was the cheif's son...the man in front of her would be the new cheif of the Sage Mountains. She narrowed her gaze, ...I bet he can marry whoever he wants... she couldn't help but think to herself as she watched him. She knew what the burden was for being an only child of the cheif, a daughter at that. He still didn't know who she was though, and oddly enough, she didn't want him to know.

Aliya watched as the wolf left the hut, her bright blue eyes turned back onto Shiye, she herself was curious about this message that the young warrior brought from his own tribe. She said nothing as the wolf left the hut, but she was still nervous about it roaming the lands around the village.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Shiye awaited an answer from the man before him as he pondered over who he was in the beginning. Then he said to deliver the message. Shiye nodded and stood up. He grabbed the sheet from his bag and handed it to the war chief. "We, the Sage Mountain tribe have come to an understanding that we have been too rough on the White Water tribe. We have opened our eyes and can now see that you have done no wrong to us and we have simply been too rash and headstrong to understand that. The Sage Mountain tribe hopes that both tribes can live in peace together, without having to worry about conflict and war between our tribes," Shiye said, which was what the sheet said. Half of it, anyway. The other half was explaining how it would help if both tribes were at peace. How they could help eachother in times of war against the other neighbouring tribes which hated them both.
Shiye looked at the war chief, not taking his firm yet soft gaze from him. He didn't know what to expect from him. What type of answer he would get. Whether he would be instant or if he would have to stay here and await an answer. He didn't like the latter too much. Shiye already knew he would not be welcome here.
Etu would, all tribes welcomed horses, whether from enemy tribes or not. Wolves, definately not. Talutah would be in the most dangerous situation. Though she could look after herself more then anyone else.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:06 pm

The cheif took the paper from him. "You've been rough on us? Boy you seem to think we are weak" he said narrowing his gaze over him. Aliya cringed slightly, she knew that if her father refused there might be some sort of war. The cheifs eyes rose from the paper, taking a moment to read it before looking at Shiye, he didn't look to pleased but said nothing more except, "I will consult my elder's to come to a decision whether we want to alliance ourselves with you" he said taking the paper and turning to Aliya. "Daughter, make him feel at him, lead him to the guest's hut where he will stay, and tell the warrior to feed his horse, as for the wolf well just make sure it stay's out of the village" he said before retreating behind a beaded curtain.

Aliya cringed slightly, great, just great. She turned to Shiye, "Well that's your answer for now, you might be here until next sunrise" she said, avoiding his gaze. She had much to do anyways, she wasn't sure what she thought of having to spend time with the Sage Mountain's cheif's son. She sighed to herself, the dagger had been at her side the whole time and she put it away in her belt around her lithe waist. "Come with me" she said quickly before making her way out of the hut, waiting for him. She didn't want to lose sight of him, she still wasn't sure what to think of him and his Peace treaty. She didn't trust him.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Shiye said nothing more and simply watched. As the man retreated behind a beaded curtain Shiye sighed softly. Well, atleast he hadn't tried to hurt him in any way. As Aliya spoke about him probably being here until next sunrise, Shiye turned his attention onto her. Well, that was shorter then he had expected to stay here, so that was fine. When she said to go with her, Shiye did just that. He glanced at where the man had gone before he followed the woman. He stepped back out into the sun and looked around.
To most of the tribe's surprise, Talutah was playing with the children of the village. Licking them and nudging them and running around with them. She seemed just like a dog, but it was obvious she wasn't. She had alot more muscle, her muzzle was longer and she bigger then any dog in any of the tribes.
One of the children leapt onto her back, pushing her onto the ground. In response the other children rushed over and jumped ontop of her. They pulled at her fur gently before a playful growl escaped her lips. The children squealed in delight and ran off. Talutah leapt up and chased one of them. The child turned around and the wolf stopped infront of him. The child was about 7. Talutah nudged the boy softly and the boy grabbed ahold of her ear. The tribes people froze, afraid she'd snap at the boy. Dogs weren't fond of people grabbing their ears, let alone a wolf.
But the wolf snuffed at the child and nudged him again. The boy let go with a laugh and ran off. Talutah was about to follow, but Shiye said, "Talutah, that's enough," the wolf stopped and looked at him, walking over, shaking her fur free from dirt. The man crouched down and ran a hand over her face and through her fur, "leave the village. Just wait outside and i'll see you soon," he said.
In response, Talutah growled at him, fur raised. She didn't want to leave him in here by himself. She bared her teeth at him, but Shiye stayed where he was. "Leave, now!" he growled at her. The wolf hesitated for a moment before she took off out of the village, staying right at the edge. Shiye stood up and looked at Aliya, "she's out, now. Satisfied?" he asked gently with a soft smile. He didn't want to go against any chief in the village. He was an outsider, afterall.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Aliya quickly stepped out of the hut and started to make her way towards the hut where they housed vistors, which usually wasn't very often. She froze the moment she saw the wolf playing with the children, she was about to say something before she realized that the wolf was being very gentle and just playing with them. Her usually hard gaze softened as she watched the wolf play with a young boy. Most of the tribe's people were watching carefully, ready to step in at a moment's notice.

Even so, nothing happened. The wolf was acting like a dog. She stopped and watched her play with them. She didn't really expect the wolf to lash out when the small child grabbed her ears. She turned to look at Shiye who had called her over and spoke to her. The wolf growled but she made her way outside of the village. She looked at Shiye, now feeling sorry for the wolf and him, it seemed they were closer than she expected. "It'll give most of the villagers peace of mind," she said with a small shrug, as she kept walking towards the hut.

She stopped outside of it, "Well this is where you'll be staying then" she said quickly looking at him. "I'll get someone to feed your horse" she said, "Oh and my name is Aliya" she said, might as well tell him now. She studied his face, searching for any sense of recongnition of the name.

(SSS!!!)
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Shiye nodded as Aliya said it'd give the people peace of mind. Well, that's one good thing, he guessed. As they came to the hut he'd be stayed at, Shiye stopped infront of it and turned to Aliya. When he said someone would feed his horse, Shiye said, "Thank you,". Then the woman introduced herself as Aliya. Wait a minute. Aliya? He recognised the name. Aliya, Aliya, Aliya. Ahah! The warrior princess.
Shiye chuckled softly and looked at the woman, "Well, it's nice to finally know your name, Aliya. I'm Shiye," he said gently. He glanced in the direction Talutah would be sitting right and wondered if she'd be okay. This was unfamilar territory and if the wolves around this area found her, she'd in trouble. She too was an outcast, here. She wouldn't survive against a whole pack of wolves if they decided to get rid of her.
Shiye looked at Aliya for a moment before sighing. "May I ask one question?" he asked softly, waiting for a moment, "The wolves in this area, do they come near the village very often?" he asked. He hoped the answer would be no, but he didn't know this territory. In the Sage Mountains, Talutah was a high rank amongst her pack so she was safe there. Not here.
Etu would be fine, the tribe wouldn't do anything to him, Shiye knew that for sure. White Water and Sage Mountain might be enemies but they'd never harm a horse.

(oh... my.... gosh. that totally sucked >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:33 pm

(no......it.....didn't <3 DON'T MAKE ME SMACK YOU ON DA HEAD)

Aliya watched his facial feature's, she could tell her recongized her name now. She almost laughed, but she just smiled slightly, hearing him chuckle. "its no problem" she said quickly with a shrug. She nodded Shiye...it also sounded familiar, she'd heard stories of the Sage Mountain, and Shiye was to be the next cheif was this him? She glanced in the direction he was looking towards and she knew he was worried about his wolf. She shook her head, "No they don't the warriors make sure they don't, the wolves are one of our enemies on these plains" she said. "So you don't have to worry about them coming near, I'll make sure that if they see your wolf, not to harm her" she said quickly.

She looked at the hut, "Its not much, but I hope it'll do for the night" she said quickly, "I guess i'll leave you then to rest after your journey" she said taking a step back, the sunset glowing behind her as it started to dip beneath the horizon casting a beautiful golden yellow light over the tall grasses.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Shiye smiled as she spoke about telling to guards not to harm her. "Thank you," he said softly. Then she mentioned the hut and Shiye glanced back at it before looking back at Aliya, "It should be fine. Thank you for even letting me use one," he said with a smile. As she stepped back, saying she should let him get some rest, Shiye hesitated for a moment.
He said nothing for a few moments before he nodded. "Well then, I guess i'll see you tomorrow... maybe," He said, looking at Aliya as the sun dipped beneath the horizen, illuminating everything with a golden glow. He waited for a few more moments before he looked at Aliya again and then disappeared into the hut.
With a heavy sigh, he slumped onto the ground. What a day this was. He hardly had any chance to relax, he had been so tense around his father and as soon as he had met Aliya. The only time he had relaxed was on the way here. Once the sun had completely vanished and the moon rose, Shiye went to sleep, making himself as comfortable as he could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiye woke before the sun even rose. It was still dark out, but it wouldn't be too long now before the sun started to rise. Slipping from the hut, Shiye walked through the village, looking around. he found Etu, who seemed to sense his presense and woke up, ever so softly nickering to him. Shiye smiled and walked over to him, stroking the gorgeous paint stallion. The horse nudged him softly and Shiye chuckled. Then he made his way to the outskirts of the village.
Sure enough, Talutah hadn't moved. Yes, she had laid down and fallen asleep, but she hadn't done anything else. Shiye smiled and walked over to the sleeping wolf. She must've been up most of the night, waiting for him. Shiye sat next to her for a moment. Then the sun started to rise and the man laid back down, hands behind his head as he stared up at the sky. He wondered what was going to happen with the peace treaty.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Aliye nodded at him, even smiling a little bit. She nodded and took another step back. "Your welcome" she said and then nodded, "Maybe..." she said before turning around and walking back to her own hut. She entered the hut seeing her father she nodded at him. "Have you decided what to do?" she asked curiously. The cheif nodded with a sigh, "I've seeked coucil with the elder's and they think it would be wise to make this alliance with the Sage Mountain tribe." Aliya couldn't help but smile, "thats good" she said and started to walk into her own room. "Aliya..." her father's voice stopped her, she didn't turn around but stopped. "Aliya when are you going to accept your role in the tribe, you must marry Orrow, he should be the next cheif of this tribe" Aliye turned around and glared at her father.

"This is my decision not your's, I shall do what my heart tell me to do, and it tell's me that Orrow is not fit for a cheif, or a husband" she said calmy, but her blue eyes were flashing with emotion. Her father continued to say something more but she didn't want to listen. She turned and ran into her room, falling onto her bed, and burrying herself, in the fur cover's. Crying herself to sleep with the burden she carried.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When she awoke the sun still hadn't risen. She sat up, she felt groggy and still angry with the discussion with her father. She quickly jumped out of bed, put a small deer-skined dress on, and left the hut. She stood outside and whistled loudy. Alibi came quickly. Her white mane flowing behind her, and amidst it, a red eagle feather, from the same bird that Aliya's feather also came from. She mounted her quickly and raced off into the land beside the village. Pretty soon she felt at peace feeling the wind against her face, she let out a small laugh as Alibi picked up speed.

They neared the small stream, this was her favorite place in White Water territory, the only place where she felt she could escape it all. She slid of Alibi's back and sat down on a nearby rock. She took of her shoes, and the small dress and stepped into the water. Sighing as the cold water lapped at her dusty skin. She dove under and came back up. Her long red hair looked like fire in the morning sun.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Shiye heard the sounds of hooves hitting the ground at a fast rate and he sat up and Talutah was instantly on her paws, alert and ready. He saw Aliya nd her horse ride by, going somewhere. He stood up and watched as she rode off and pondered whether to follow her or not. Probably shouldn't. If he was caught with her, he could be in alot of trouble. Afterall, he hadn't gotten news on the treaty yet. Sighing, Shiye looked down at Talutah who was staring at him with keen, willing eyes. He then started walking back into the village.
Talu start following, but Shiye glanced back at her and shook her his head, "Stay here," he said which he received a growl in response, but she sat down and watched as he made his way back into the village. Damn, this totally sucked. Peace was good, yes, shiye liked peace, he wasn't one to fight. But being in a place he didn't know, it was awkward and uncomfortable.
Much to his surprise, he wanted to go back to the Sage Mountain tribe. Yes, White Water probably suited him more, it being calm and everything, and Sage Moutnain being rough and violent, but atleast he knew everyone there and they liked him, Etu and Talutah. Groaning, Shiye went back over to Etu to see a man feeding him.
Shiye smiled at the sight and stood back, watching them. The man was younger then him, maybe 19, 20. But he seemed strong and obviously had a warrior's spirit. Even just standing there, Shiye could see that. He seemed a bit more rough then the others, but atleast it seemed he could handle himself should a war come along for some reason with any of the other neighbouring tribes.
Shiye sighed softly and looked at Etu before he turned and made his way towards the guest hut he had been staying in. There, he grabbed his bag. Time to go see what the news was.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Aliya sighed as she quickly finished washing, whistling for Alibi. She quickly put her clothes back on feeling refreshed. She ran her finger's through her tangled hair as it was still dripping but she didn't mind. The sun was just rising and yet it was already getting warm. She mounted Alibi's back and slowly made her way back to the village, not wanting to get there in any hurry.

She got back to see Orrow feeding Shiye's horse. Don't see me, Don't see me, Don't see me. "Aliya, good morning princess" he said, his voice scratchy, he barely even looked at her when he said the words. Damn it all....Aliya looked up from Alibi's mane. She plastered a small smile on her face, "Good morning Orrow" Orrow looked up and just nodded, "Your father want's too see you," he said. Aliya smiled thanking the Creator that she was getting out of an akward conversation. "I'd also like to speak to you later" he said quickly. Aliya just shrugged and kept walking with Alibi.

She neared her father's hut and stepped inside her hair still dripping. Her father shook his head, "You'll get the rugs all wet" he muttered. Aliya didn't say anything, she waited for Shiye to appear to give him the news. She was kind of sorry that he had to go so soon, she sort of liked the man. He seemed kind, and gentle, but still strong. The opposite of Orrow. She shook her head, she couldn't even believe she was thinking such things. She sighed as she fell into a small chair plucking at a flower that was lying next to her as she waited.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Shiye slowly made his way to the war chief's hut. And Aliya's father's hut, might he add. As he stepped inside, Shiye saw the man and Aliya. She must've just gotten back from where ever she had been. Well, obviously, her hair was dripping with water. They must've been expecting him already. Well, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be looking at him with such nuetral expressions. They'd be telling him to get out.
Shiye bowed slightly to the man, saying, "Sir, I have come to see whether you have an answer to the peace treaty," he raised himself, his amber coloured hair falling over his shoulders and his jade and sapphire eyes watching both man and woman.
He wanted to leave and tell his father something good, though he sometimes thought his father didn't deserve anything good. But then again, he wanted to get to know Aliya a bit more. She seemed like a nice girl. A bit headstrong and stubborn, but nice. She wasn't anything like the women in his tribe. Rough and brutal.

(To short >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Aliya saw that Shiye had entered the hut. She let go of the flower, putting it down on the table next to her, and smiled a little. Glad to see him. The cheif rasied his head , "ah, i've been wondering when you'd come" he gave him a small nod, and handed him over a scroll of paper. "The White Watre tribe accepts your alliance" he said gruffly with a little bit of a grunt at the end, like he wasn't very pleased with the idea. Aliya smiled, she thought this was great one of the men who strongly opposed the idea was Orrow, all he wanted to do was fight. She hated him for it.

The cheif looked at him, "You will return to your own tribe to deliver this message, Aliya will accompany you, to the border's of our territories" he said quickly. Aliya looked up in surpirse, she was not informed that she'd have to travel, the border was almost a day on horse-back. Then again it would give her a chance to get away from her tribe for a little while. She nodded her head, "Alright," she said as she started to stand up. "I guess I'll just gather some things, and we'll be off?" she said, a little bit of questioning in her tone as she looked at Shiye for an answer.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Shiye took the scroll with a smile. He ignored the man's tone, knowing he probably didn't like the idea. "Thank you, sir," he said as he took the scroll and steped back. As he spoke again, Shiye looked at him in surprise when he said Aliya would accompany him to the borders. He glanced at her for a moment before nodding, "yes, sir," he said softly. As Aliya spoke, a questioning edge to her tone, Shiye looked at her and nodded, "Sure, i'll meet at the edge of the village with Etu and Talutah," he said.
He looked at Aliya's father for a moment, bowed his head slightly and then vanished out of the hut. He made his way over to Etu to see Orrow still with him. "Thank you for looking after Etu," he said and stroked the stallion softly. "Come on, boy, let's head off," he said as he put the scroll in his bag. He walked off and the paint stallion followed willingly, nudging Orrow softly along the way. Once at the edge, Talutah came padding over.
Shiye smiled and ruffled the fur on her head. "Been a good girl?" Shiye asked the wolf, which earned him a soft whine in response. He looked back into the village, waiting for Aliya. He vaulted onto Etu and smiled at Talutah as she sat down beside the horse.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Aliya nodded her head, "arlight, i'll be quick" she said before turning to leave the hut, she took a small pack on her way out, that was full of water and food. She walked out of the hut seeing Orrow. "Where are you going?" he asked her narrowing his eyes. "To the border" she said without meeting his gaze she kept walking. She took a small saddle and blanket. She'd be riding an enitre day, better to be comfortable.

She whistled loudly, waiting for Alibi, pretty soon the mare appeared. Aliya swung the saddle over her, and took a rope, bridle and put it over her nose. She never used the one's that went into the mouth, she couldn't image the discomfort. She quickly mounted making her way towards the edge of the village at a steady trot. She saw Shiye and cantered up to him once she was away from the huts. She stopped Alibi and looked at hi with a nod, "Whenever your ready" she said quickly seeing the wolf was back at Shiye's side.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Shiye finally saw Aliya cantering over to them on her white mare. The mare was gorgeous. Etu seemed to think so as well. His ears flicked forward and he nickered to her. The stallion pawed the ground impatiently as he felt Shiye shifted atop of him. The man smiled at Aliya when she spoke and turned Etu around. The stallion went willingly and started to walk ahead. There was no use going all out again. It had only been a day since that hard run and Shiye didn't want to push either animals too hard. that, and he didn't know what the mare was capable of.
Talutah padded ahead of them, keeping an eye out for any possible dangers and sniffing the air occasionally to make sure no strange wolves were nearby. Shiye looked across at Aliya and asked, "Have you ever been to the Sage Mountain tribe?" he'd never seen her himself before yesterday, but then again, he often went out of the village and to other palces to do things for his father, so he coldn't be too sure.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Aliya felt excitement coursing through her body. She would be going pretty far from home, the farthest she'd ever been. Alibi slowed down, to a steady but fast walk, staying beside Etu returning his nicker. The red feather standing out greatly against her white mane. She watched the wolf, who was bounding ahead of them, keeping watch for danger. She had to admit, it was very impressive that this warrior had a wolf at his side. None of her people had ever even tried such a thing. Taming the wolves around them seemed aubsurd, they had one killed a child last winter. The people and animals were sworn enemies. Even more than the child was Aliya's cousin, Emmy.

"Once, I went with my father to one of the Eastern tribe's, but that was long ago. Now the farthest I travel is for hunting expeditions" she said quickly. It was unusual for a women of her tribe to go hunting, but as the "warrior princess" she did most things that the women wouldn't dream of doing. She liked it that way, she didn't think she could stay in a hut, cooking for the village and gossiping with the other women while they had little children running around them. No, Aliya was made for the life of a warrior. She turned to him, "You must have a lot of responsibilities in your tribe" she said, as if stating the fact.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next