Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz)

2 posters

Go down

It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz) Empty It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz)

Post by Tayssi Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 am

The clatter of desks moving and chairs screeching came to her sensitive ears. The young adults in the classroom instantly started talking loudly, which grated against her. The bell had just gone to indicate to move off to everyone's first class, whatever that may be. Arizona had PE first up, and they were going to be playing netball. Her blonde brown hair hung down, framing her face, though her fringe was clipped back to stay out of her ash grey eyes. Arizona Hameru; she was in her last year of High School. She had only moved in the area about 2 months ago. She had only come to school for 3 days so far. It was currently the middle of the year, so she was quite far behind, though she'd be able to catch up if she studied. Arizona wasn't known as a popular girl or a social outcast. She was simply an inbetweener. Someone who just didn't fit in anywhere. Not that being an inbetweener was bad. She was left alone by everyone; mostly. Obviously, she was teased every now and then and given crap about basically being deaf and having to have hearing aids. It hit a nerve every time, but she knew she just had to suck it up and not do anything to stay on the sidelines. Everytime, she would go home, she's either be upset or angry about it. For now, though, she had to lie low and simply get through her last year of high school.
Getting into her PE clothes, Arizona went out onto the field. Her teacher, Ms. Hibiki, a japanese woman who had recently divorced her husband, was a strict woman to most, who enjoyed watching the boys and girls get hurt. Though she gave special attention and treatment to a few students she liked or sympathised with. Obviously, her sympathy went towards Arizona, which infuriated the young woman. She just wanted to be treated like the rest and not like some delicate person with a heart condition. Sighing, Arizona split off with her allicated group to go play softball. Though, Ms. Hibiki told her to take it easy and if anything happened, to see her or go straight to the nurse's office. Groaning, Arizona nodded and went to play.

Once the bell for 2nd period sounded, Arizona went and got changed into her normal clothes. A simple white and black flannel shirt and a pair of jeans. Then she had a quick drink before grabbing her textbooks, notebooks and whatever else she needed and headed off to to Science class. She had only been to Science once in the 3 days she was here, but her teacher had been away for some reason. She had heard his name was Solomon Jackson. And that he was a rather nice guy for a teacher.
She'd be far behind in this class, out of most as she'd gone and seen all her other teachers every afternoon to catch up, more or less. Walking into the classroom, Arizona ducked her head down slightly, so she wouldn't be noticed as much and took her space in the second row, right aisle and sat down. She idly wondered what this 'Mr. Jackson' would be like. Would he be nice and understanding, or would he be the 'cool' type of person who liked to make fun of his students. Either way, she just hoped he wouldn't say too much about her condition. Though, he had probably already heard the rumors about her. She didn't dare follow what they all said, but they all revolved around her and her ears.
Arizona groaned softly, ducking her head slightly and staring at her science textbooks which sat in her hands still. The relief teacher had said some days they do theory, others practical but noone had bothered to tell her what days, so she brought them anyway. She could see a couple with them, but most didn't. So she honestly had no idea.
The clatter of the door opening came to her ears and she winced and instantly moved her hands to her ears to turn down the volume on her hearing aids. Slowly she looked up, her deep ash grey eyes looking up at the young man who walked into the classroom. He looked no more then 27 to her. Who was he? Was he Solomon Jackson? Probably.

Science classroom is like this, though obviously bigger.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/anb5027/blogs/di_block/science_classroom.jpg
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz) Empty Re: It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz)

Post by Spritz Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Solomon watched the stream of high school students with sharp eyes, moving down the hallway towards his classroom. In his hand, he held a black leather breifcase, the one he used to hold all of the important papers that were too easily lost. Science tended to be a touchy subject, as information was rather important and it was better to have everything right where he needed it.

When he had entered the school, the halls had been nearly dead. Now, there was so much activity, he found it hard to push through the cluster of students, all piling to get to their lockers, and also to their classes on time. He had a few minutes however, and quickly made his way towards the open door of his large classroom. He nodded to a few of the teachers down the hall, and was rewarded with friendly smiles from a few of them. At the age twenty seven, he was the youngest teacher in the school, treated with a slight sarcasum from most of them. Either way, he didn't find himself affected all too much, slipping into the classroom with ease. To his surprise, a few students had already showed up early and were slumped in their chairs, watching him with the most bored stare he could have possibly imagined.

He tried, he really did. But it was hard to teach a bunch of unwilling teens in the first place, so only took credit for what he deserved. His eyes landed on a new student, a girl. He hadn't seen her before, but realized that she must have been the new comer he had been told about. A friendly personality that he had, he gave her a nod and a smile, moving through the doorway and towards his desk that was positioned on the right side of the room. He moved behind it, setting down the leather breifcase and flipping it open. He heard a few more students shuffle into the classroom, but didn't look up. Quickly pulling out the papers that were needed, he set them down on the desk and quickly glanced upwards, his honey brown hair falling down over his forehead. A minute or so, and class would start.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz) Empty Re: It's Not Such A Perfect Life(Spritz)

Post by Tayssi Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Taken back by his friendly smile, Arizona blinked in surprise, drawing back slightly, though she watched as the man made his way to his desk and opened his briefcase, not looking up again for a while. The girl looked around the classroom to see people filling the class, talking to one another, not bothering to take any notice of anyone else. It seemed everyone was the same in this school. Noone really took notice of one another and just liked to hear their own voices. It probably sounded harsh to some, but noone could really disagree with her. It was the same in most other schools. Sighing, Arizona set her textbooks on the desk before she stood up.
A few students glanced her way for a short moment before going back to whatever it was they had originally been doing. Arizona glanced at a boy sitting at the other side of the room, watching her with a sneer. She winced slightly, but straightened herself out before she walked over to the teacher. She could sense more eyes following her, but the chatter didn't die down at all. What? So now they decided to look at something else other then the person next to them or at a mirror? Groaning softly, Arizona stepped infront of Solomon's desk and carefully placed her hands on the edge in a gesture of uncertainty.
"Excuse me, sir?" Arizona said softly waiting until he looked at her, "You're Solomon Jackson, right?" again, she waited until he responded with a yes until she continued, "Well, i'm Arizona Hameru and as you probably can already guess, I am new to this school. I don't know anything that has gone on throughout the year so i'm behind everybody," oh god, she was babbling. Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself and her racing heartbeat, " I was wondering if we could meet up in the afternoons after school so I could try and catch up with the class? I love science, so I can promise you I will listen," she said and gave a light smile.
Now to see if he would say yes or send her on her merry way.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Solomon was aware of the looks, the glances, the sneers that were being thrown the girls way. He would not stand for it, and after a sharp look to the culprits, it seemed to quiet down for a bit. Still, he couldn't be watching them at every moment, so all he could do was correct it when he saw fit. It wasn't rare though, that a new student would be picked on, tempted, and the like. The others would want to see where he or she fit in, and wouldn't stop until they found it out. Usually it only lasted a few weeks, other times it got worse.

He had been forced on many occasion to send unruly boys to the office, as he had no patience for their tricks and jokes through out class. A few more minutes, and class would start. Solomon shuffled through print outs, some showing graphs, others thick with wording. Settling them into seperate piles, he glanced up as a figure neared his smooth wooden desk.

His eyes landed on her, the new student he had been told about. He would make his classroom open to her, as it was all he could do. "Yes?" The girl followed his words with a quick introductory, Solomon nodding as she said his name. Eyes were staring at the pair, it was not common for somebody to approach the teacher in such a fashion. He liked it, he liked the way she wasn't afraid of others. When she soon asked if there was some way she could make up for the lost time in class, the young man nodded, brows drawn together. He lowered himself into his chair, resting his elbows on the desk. Right when he had parted his lips to speak however, the bell rang, meaning class had officially started.

"I'll talk to you after class, but it shouldn't be a problem." His words were formal, gentle even, and for the first time he noted the tiny hearing aids that were placed in her ears. They were hard to see, and he hoped it wouldn't make her a target for teasing, or worse in the high school. He gave her a nod, letting her know she could go back to her desk.
Standing up from the chair, Solomon gathered his papers and began to stride down the middle isle. He flipped the printed paper onto their desks, rewarded with some groans he didn't appreciate. "Homework, I know. Dont worry, it's not that bad. It looks alot worse than it really is, believe me."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Just as he was about to answer her, the bell rang for class to start. Damn, it just had to get in the way, didn't it? Groaning softly just before it ended, Arizona looked at Solomon again as he spoke, saying to see him after class and they can talk about it then. Arizona nodded softly and went back to her desk, ignoring the whispers and glances she received. Sitting down just as Solomon stood up, she stared at her lap for a moment before she turned her ashy gaze towards the teacher. When he handed out some homework, Arizona glanced at a few students who groaned, but she stayed silent and looked at the sheet. There were quite a few things on here she already understood, but not everything. Honestly, moving was so much hassle.
It should be doable. She could probably work it out if she tried. Sighing softly, Arizona set the sheet inside her textbook. She wouldn't do it in class. It was rude and called homework for a reason. For now, she'd simply listen and do whatever she could.
The class went smoothly, more or less. The occasional snicker or comment was bound to happen, but Arizona managed to ignore it. Once te bell went, indicating that it was time for 1st break, the girl waited for most of the class to file out of the classroom before she was able to turn her hearing aids up a notch with all the noise toned down. For now. Looking at Solomon, Arizona quickly packd up her things and bundled them in her arms before she stood up, nearly tripping over herself along the way. How graceful she looked. Just as she managed to catch herself a student 'accidentally' bumped into her, knocking her to the ground. They laughed it off, gave a fake apology before scurrying out the room. Sighing, Arizona looked at her notebooks, pens and textbooks scattered on the ground before her. One of her science notebooks opened to reveal detailed notes and answers on questions Solomon had asked throughout class. There was not a gap wasted, nor was there anything repetitive in it. It was neat and legible.
Seemed there was one student who listened.
Sighing, Arizona started to pick up one of her textbooks before she paused and looked over at Solomon. "Um, Sir?" Arizona said softly, "About what we were speaking about earlier. Could we still discuss that, if it's alright with you?" she asked and gave a soft smile before she picked up a textbook and a pen.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Class was soon over, the usual rush of students nearly tripping over themselves in an effort to flee the classroom, and to get stuck in another for forty five minutes. When they would hear the bell ring again, the same routine would follow, all seeming very desperate and anxious to do yet the same thing over and over again. Solomon found it humorous, the way these high schoolers seemed to go about their schooling, and whatever else they did.

After the bell rang loudly, the classroom was emptied within seconds. Solomon caught the eye of Arizona, about to motion her to join him at his desk before she stood. A leaving student barrled into her, making the girl loose her balance and fall to the ground. The boy who had done it was soon gone, but not after he recieved a sharp glance from the young teacher. It was odd, in a way. They seemed to respect him enough to know when he was serious, and thus he would make sure they would stop this in his class. Arizona's papers, pens, and textbooks were splayed across the floor, and Solomon quickly joined her to help with the run away away items. She asked him about discussing the catching up she would need to do, and he smiled kindly. "Yes." Leaning down, his large hands helped with the clean up, as he picked up the papers he had given them all to work on. A notebook was open to his left, but before he closed it he caught a glimpse of the notes that were written on its smooth white pages.

"I appreciate you listening, and trying your best. Not many students do that, and it's a pleasure to be teaching somebody who actually wants to learn." He gestured to the notebook, before he leaned down and grabbed it along with anything else that had been discarded across the floor. He held them out to her, a light smile on his features.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Arizona glanced up at Solomon as he came to help her pick her things up and she stayed silent for a while, simply gathering her belongings in her arms. Then he spoke about how he appreciated her listening to him and actually trying. She turned her ash grey eyes to look up at Soloon again, nodding a silent thanks as she took her stuff. Her small, slender finger grazed over Solomon's momentarily and a light blush settled over her cheeks. She pulled back, glancing at the ground. She had never really had anything to do with guys, so, with him being not too much older then her, it made her slightly nervous and embarrassed. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Arizona stood up, looking at Solomon.
"It's nothing to thank me for. Science has always been my favourite subject so it's pretty much a given that's i'd listen,"she explained lightly and smiled. A few moments over silence passed between them and she shifted her belongings in her arms before she finally said, "um.. I can meet up whenever you want me to, though on Monday afternoons, I usually have art or piano lessons at home, so that's out. It doesn't matter what time it is nor where it is, either, so that's all up to you. I don't know the area very well yet, though," Arizona explained, eyes supporting an inner strength, that pretty much said she wouldn't take no for an answer.
She had to catch up. She didn't want to be so far behind in a class. It made her feel stupid and even more out of place then she already was.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 am

When Arizona stood up, so did Solomon. He gave her a breif, friendly smile, before he patiently listened to her talk about her schedule, when they could possibly meet up to get working on the extra homework she would need to be assigned- if only to catch up for the year. The hall outside of the classroom was busy, the sounds of girls laughing, deep throated voices from the older junior and senior guys. They were all off within seconds, moving down the hall at a rapid pace, colorful back packs slung over their shoulders as they made their way to their next classes. Solomon nodded once, before he noted a stray pen and bent down to retrieve it. His fingers closed around the object, and he stood to hand it to Arizona.
His class took up nearly the last two hours of the day, and he usually stayed afterwards to grade any assignments before the next class.
"I'm always here after school, if that would work better for you. I dont know much of this town either." He gave her yet another smile, his blue (are they?) eyes twinkling slightly in the humored mannor they always posessed.
"Either way, I would be happy to meet up anywhere else. It might just be easier here- but I'm open for anything. We'll get you caught up, dont worry."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Nodding in thanks when Solomon held the pen out towards her, Arizona took it gingerly and then simply held it by her side. When he spoke, the girl listened and then gave another nod. "That's fine with me, though, I should be getting to my next class, now. I shall see you this afternoon, then," Arizona said softly. She made her way to the door and before she stepped out, she turned her hearing aids down, glanced back at Solomon, then vanished into the throng of students. Moving to her locker, ignoring the comments the students said about her. Opening her locker, Arizona put everything back inside and grabbed her maths textbook and notebook and then went to class. She sat in a corner, as usual, away from the rest of the students. Opening her notebook, Arizona waited for class to start.
Maths passed quickly. Soon enough, Arizona was in the cafeteria, waiting in line. Once at the front, Arizona got a simple chicken and salad sandwich and a bottle of orange and mango juice. Looking around, she found no empty seats so made her way outside. Sitting under a tree, away from everybody, she ate her lunch. It was better like this, being away from everybody. It usually kept bullies away and kept others from approaching her. At her last school, her friends had also been harrassed for being her friend. So, she thought it better to stay away from everyone. Unfortuneately, a group of students came her way. Shirts tied at the side and skirts seriously short. Guys in jeans, shirtless, with their shirts sticking out of their jean pockets.
"Oi," one of the guys called as they neared her to get her attention. Arizona looked up and sighed. "Hey, new girl," one of the girls said with a sneer, "what's wrong with your ears?" she asked haughtily. Arizona said nothing and looked down at the ground, "answer me!" the girl snapped. Arizona looked up at the girl and then stood up, brushing herself off asking, "what the hell does it matter to you? Their my ears, not yours." Why was it, that whenever she saw people like them, it always put her in a bad mood?
Probably because she knew what was coming. She knew, retaliating would make them angry, but she didn't care. She had gone through this so many times, it wasn't funny. Always the same thing they asked when they first meet her. "Don't speak to her like that, you whore!" the other girl in the group snarled, stepping forward, grabbing Arizona by the shirt and yanking her forward so they faced eachother, though Arizona nearly lost her footing, as she was taken by surprise. Okay, so they didn't usually get violent. "She's such a freak," one of the guys standing back muttered to the other guy.
"I can speak to her any way I feel like speaking to her," Arizona snapped back at the second girl. A moment later, the girl holding her shirt, flicked her hand back and slapped her across the face. Arizona's head snapped to the side and she blinked in surprise. Seemed this school was violent. She'd take that into concideration. "No, you will not," both girls almost screamed. The level of noise hurt Arizona's ears, but she was unable to do anything about it right now. She had a feeling, if she tried to move, the guys would probably step in. Afterall, they looked about ready to punch someone. And she'd rather it wasn't her.

(his eyes can be whatever colour you want ^.^ Sorry it took me so long to reply. Didn't really have much muse for this RP. But it's back now Razz)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum