Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When She Cries [ Spritz / R ]

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

When She Cries [ Spritz / R ] - Page 3 Empty Re: When She Cries [ Spritz / R ]

Post by Greed Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Leah frowned, but it was in a playful manner. He just wasn’t going to tell her, was he? He was acting like a little kid, but Leah found it cute, and decided not to complain. She trusted him when he promised she’d like it, and rolled her eyes gently, “I do trust you,” Leah replied, “You’re just being stubborn.” Leah added the last part with a jest and a (very) gentle poke to his shoulder, that was more like a tap than anything else. Leah made sure to divert her eyes when he put his shirt on, for no other reason than she’d just keep blushing if he kept his shirt off any longer. But she looked back up at him, wishing his bruise was more of an ‘out of sight, out of mind,’ kind of thing. But it wasn’t. Not to her, anyway. But she let herself be taken back down the stairs, Eric slipping her hand into his again. She smiled gently, a warm feeling spreading through her entire body. She…they. They just connected, and Leah was beginning to think it was something that couldn’t be one-sided. No…what they had was special. More special than what she’d had with Micah, she would dare to say. There wasn’t much else Leah could say. She was happy she’d met Eric, and in all reality, she was happy she was leaving this hellhole.

But she suddenly got this horrible sense of foreboding when she looked at her parents and brother. For some reason…she felt like this was far from over. Why couldn’t life just be easy? Why couldn’t she – and Eric – live normal lives? Maybe…maybe be the same ‘high school sweethearts’ people are when they’re actually in high school? Leah would like to go to school. She really, really would. Her education was lacking, thanks to her good-for-nothing parents who only homeschooled her when it was convenient for them. And strangely enough, it was never ‘convenient’ for them. Ever. Leah had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep herself from laughing at the shade of red her father’s face turned at Eric’s comment. Why get so angry if he and his wife had made the decision to kick her out in the first place? Why get so angry that they were losing her, when it was evident they’d never wanted her in the first place? Leah hated them. She absolutely abhorred them.

Once they got outside, Eric gently bumped into Leah’s shoulder, and she looked up at him. He was taller than her by a good few inches, bit in all honesty, it didn’t bother her much. It was a good height for if she ever wanted to rest her head on his shoulder. Her neck wouldn’t have to crane over in a painful way, like it would have if he’d been her height. Anyways, Leah always thought that the boy should be taller than the girl. Maybe it was some random, cliché feeling, but she had the feeling and belief anyways. Leah looked down at the sidewalk in front of her, putting her hands in her jacket pockets after throwing the other strap of her backpack onto her shoulder. She sighed and, in reply, whispered softly, “I know.” With that, Leah looked back up at him, speaking a bit louder this time, “I know. I trust you.” She smiled gently, if not somewhat longingly, before saying, “Now come on! Are you gonna show me where the hell you’re taking me or not?” Leah poked his shoulder gently again, her smile widening slightly. She felt like she could truly be herself around him. The real Leah, not the Leah that had been a slave in her own household. And she hadn’t gotten to know that Leah entirely herself, but she was happy she was being presented the chance to.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

http://otakucastle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

"I trust you."

The way Leah said those words, Eric was absolutely sure that she meant it, with all of her heart. He felt so lucky, so fantastically lucky to have met her. He didn't even understand what had happened in the last twenty four hours. All Eric knew that he'd met an amazing girl and that he felt so different around her. Like his world had been turned around, his life had finally taken a turn for the better. He was determined to keep it on this track and stay with her, protect her, be her hero until... until she didn't want him anymore.

"I cant show you until we get there! I parked a few blocks away." Eric's hand felt empty without her's in it, like it had been for the last few minutes. He grinned at her, his dark hair falling into his glimmering eyes and as they turned the corner, his battered vehicle came into sight. Eric winced. He hadn't ever thought about fixing it up, after all it drove reliably, but just now he'd realized what it dump it looked like. The dark blue paint was chipping off and rust had set in on the metal. A dent from when a car had smashed into his in the parking lot looked a lot more prominent now. "Uh.." He turned to Leah, frowning. "I promise it drives. She doesn't look like much but she'll get us anywhere we want to go."

He led Leah around to the passenger side and opened the door for her, smiling at her gently. The clouds had momentarily split and the sun was streaming down, making Leah's hair shine and her eyes sparkle. Her cheeks were pink and her skin looked soft and smooth. Her beauty, Eric noticed, seemed so... effortless. She was hardly wearing any makeup and still, Leah looked more attractive then he'd ever seen her. His dark, gleaming eyes watched hers quietly, and he paused, his breath freezing in his throat for a second. Right now, he wanted nothing more then to kiss her. She was so broken. Eric imagined that once, she'd been indestructible, strong, ready to take on the world. He'd seen that in her personality more then once. But other times, she'd just.. broken down in his arms, she needed somebody to hold her, to comfort her.. to love her. He wanted her more then anything else in the world. He started, his eyes breaking away from the intense gaze and flashed a quick, troubled smile, then left Leah's side, moving around the vehicle and opening the drivers door, his face burning.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Leah rolled her eyes, “Fine. I’ll stop asking, because I know you’re not going to tell me.” Leah chuckled and stole a quick glance at Eric. “You’re a goof, you know that?” Leah smiled and returned to looking at her feet as she walked. It didn’t take long for the duo to reach Eric’s car, and at first the condition of the car surprised her. However, when she thought about it, it seemed like any one of those boys who were a bit rough around the edges would have a car like this. It kind of…fit with Eric’s personality, if she could use that word. Leah couldn’t help but let out a quick laugh when Eric started trying to convince her that it still drove perfectly fine. The tone in which he said it made Leah laugh again, “I believe you, I believe you.” Leah smiled at him gently. She felt much ‘lighter’ when he was around. She knew he’d protect her. She knew he’d take care of her to the best of his ability. And Leah loved that sense of security that came with it. And along with that sense of security, came a sense of peace and happiness Leah hadn’t felt in a long while. And she couldn’t help but laugh at the simple things anymore. After such a long time without having anything to laugh about, laughing at the simple things in life felt nice. It felt like she was slowly beginning to make up for all the ground she’d lost while she was working her ass off trying to please her family.

Leah followed Eric to the passenger’s side and thanked him when he opened the door for her. A true gentleman. Didn’t find many guys like him around anymore. Chivalry seemed to die down with the time period it had existed with. Leah had sat down and looked up at Eric, realizing his eyes were on her. But Leah didn’t avert her eyes like she normally would have. Whatever he was thinking, Leah would let him think it. But all she could think about was how clear his eyes finally looked. He looked much happier, and there was something in the deep, dark-colored orbs that held an air of mystery and mischief, but also a sense of duty, for guarding and caring for, that Leah loved. It’d been too long since someone looked at her like that. It made her feel good about herself, inside and out. For the first time, Eric broke their gaze, and Leah let him. When he smiled at her, Leah couldn’t help but wonder if it was purely happy. It hadn’t seemed like the others. Or maybe she was just paranoid. Yeah. That was probably what it was. Leah watched him as he walked to the driver’s side and caught a glimpse of a blush on his cheeks, and Leah held back a laugh by biting her tongue lightly. He looked cute when he blushed. Really cute.

When Eric got into the car, however, Leah’s demeanor changed for a split second. This was the first time she’d been in a car since her accident with Micah. She doubted anything would go wrong, but Leah couldn’t shake off the natural sense of dread that came with the association of cars. After the accident, Leah’s brain had automatically linked cars with bad things. Bad memories. Leah immediately put on a front that she was fine as she buckled her seatbelt and shifted slightly in the seat, picking at her jeans, even though there was nothing there. It’s fine, Leah reassured herself. Fine. Absolutely, 100% fine. It didn’t take long for Leah’s confidence in herself to shatter and break down into nothing. But Leah was good at pretending. She was good at faking she was all right. She’d done it almost all her life. But some things were hard to play pretend with. Some things, true emotions, like terror or hatred or remorse, were too hard to disguise fully, no matter how hard one tried. Sometimes, trying to mask these emotions made it even more obvious that somebody was hiding something. But Leah couldn’t let her fear show. Eric was a good guy, and the last thing she wanted was to make him feel like he was doing something wrong. The last thing she wanted to do was make him feel like he was forcing her to do something she really, really didn’t want to do. Smiling gently, if not somewhat weakly, Leah looked over at Eric, “All right, let’s get this show on the road. I’m super curious as to where the heck you’re taking me!” Leah, for half a second, felt her heart lift, but shortly after her little burst of ‘being okay’ she lapsed back into silence, turning her head to look out the window. God damn it, Leah thought to herself, God damn it, why can’t it be easy? Why can’t I be normal? Nothing bad is going to happen, I know…I know…right? Leah tightened one of her fists, making sure it was out of Eric’s line of sight before letting out a deep breath, silently. Damn it. Maybe I can hide it from Eric, but I sure as hell can’t hide it from myself. I’m terrified.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Unless you don't stop The feeling of being wanted is one of the best feelings in the world. When you know that somebody cares, it feels like there isn't a thing that can get you down. And the exact opposite of that? Loneliness. Too much time to think, too much time to hr alone. The scariest thing is to realize that you are alone in the world and if you disappeared, nobody would care. Nobody wld even notice. Eric knew that feeling so well it was a part of him. And he'd found a girl who knew exactly how he felt and him her. Things like this couldnt just happen, there was no way. Eric had never believed in fate, it destiny, or whatever else there was to believe in, but it felt right to say he believed it now. It was amazing how one perbe perfect and save you from your worst fear.. yourself, without even He wouldn't let her go, he needed her. And he had a feeling she needed him, too. Eric ducked into tht she seemed a little.. odd. After all she had just gotten kicked out, thanks to him, and all she seemed to care about was where he was taking her.

He eyes were so pretty. Eric couldn't help but smile to himself alittle, his boyish pride surfacing a bit when he looked over at her. Who knew a fucked up guy like him could even get close to a girl like her? No, he was going too fast. Herr he was ogling her and they were still sitting in his car, going nowhere. Right, less thinking, more driving. And a lotss ogling. After all he was probably making it awkward for both of them.
Eric shoved the key into the ignition and turned it. The car sputtered a little but started none the less, and he shifted it into drive. "I don't understand." Eric carefully pulled out onto the road and snuck a glance at Leah, but he couldn't see her face, only her long.pretty hair. He hoped she wasnt very upset.. "I don't understand how they can do that to you. You're their ow. Flesh and blood, their own daughter." It really did confuse eric. From the outside, he would havet the family was pretty normal, but after spending a night there he'd found out it was the total opposite. "And Liam... He's your brother. He's supposed to protect you and be there for you.." Eric took a hand off the steering wheel and paused, then gently and almost hesitantly covered hers with it. "I'm gonna protect you. I don't care what happens. Until you don't want me, I'm gonna protect.you."

Sorry I'm on my phone and its really hard to fix typos :( or make long posts
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri May 31, 2013 4:07 pm

[ Nah, it’s fine. I’m actually impressed that you wrote that much considering you’re on your phone. It’s impressive xD ]

Leah glanced out the window, wondering why they weren’t going anywhere, but at the same time not really caring either. She’d rather just sit in the car and wish the ride to be over and have it be that way than actually have to… drive somewhere. However, she wasn’t about to make anyone feel awkward by being terrified like a rabbit in the car. She trusted Eric. Well…she trusted him as much as she possibly could, considering she’d just met him, had spent the night with him, and had gotten kicked out of her house with him. It was hardly ‘her’ house, or anything close to it, but it was the closest thing she’d had to a home… Hopefully he knew what he was doing. Hopefully he would – could – take her somewhere where things like her damned family wouldn’t matter anymore. The only thing that scratched at the back of her mind was the fact that her mother hadn’t said she was leaving ‘for good.’ That could only mean one of two things. Either one, they’d let her be until they couldn’t live without her anymore and needed their precious little maid back, or two, they’d take her back just to make her life a living hell for being a ‘bad example’ to her little sisters. They were innocent enough. How was her mother (and father, for that matter) going to explain to them that she was randomly never around to pick up their toys anymore? She got kidnapped? Went on vacation? Boarding school? Got her own apartment (she wished)? She felt his eyes on her, and she turned her head a little bit to gaze back at him, but quickly went back to staring out the window, afraid her eyes would betray the swirling emotions she was still trying to get under control.

Leah’s stomach flipped a bit when the car started and moved into motion and Eric started talking again. She found his voice soothing, despite her current circumstances. “I don’t understand a lot of things,” Leah replied halfheartedly. It was true. This was definitely one of them, so the two of them were on the same boat here. Leah snorted a bit at Eric’s observation. “Don’t be stupid,” she said, “I’m not their daughter, I’m their maid. I always have been, really. It just got worse when Micah died.” Leah’s heart clenched painfully in her chest and the tears threatened to hit again. Too much had happened in too little time. For the first time in a while, she’d reached her breaking point again, and she just didn’t know how to cope with it. At least she actually had someone this time. Someone who would hold her if she needed holding, say the right words, and not just because he knew them, but because he meant them. That was all that mattered. Words meant little from anyone else, but there was something about Eric that just made her believe that everything he said he meant. Everything he said was going to be backed up with actions. That his words weren’t just empty; weren’t like pieces of paper to be thrown away when they were inconvenient and out-of-place. Leah shook her head a little bit and glared down at her hands in her lap, “Liam…” she said, before her voice dropped into a hoarse whisper, “He’s never hurt me before. Not physically at least. He…” Leah bit the inside of her cheek, glad her hair was covering her face, hiding her pain. “Micah was the only one who was ever there for me.” Leah’s voice dropped lower, to the point she doubted Eric would hear her, and that suited her just find, “He promised he’d protect me. That he’d always be there.”

Leah blinked a little bit when she saw (and felt) Eric’s hand covered hers. Slowly, hesitantly, she looked over at him. She couldn’t really hide her mixed emotions at that point either. That familiar feeling in the back of her throat that signified oncoming tears was painfully uncomfortable, but she pushed it away and murmured, “Thank you…”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Eric wasn't an honest person. He'd never been that way. Always cold towards strangers, quiet, shut down. People had expressed concern a while back but after a while of being.... well, being the way he was, they learned to accept it. Everyone has their secrets and some people wont tell. Eric felt like he could tell Leah anything and she wouldn't judge him for it. He could tell her about his mother, he could tell her about his stepdad and his family.

He could tell her about the night he'd been arrested and the time he'd made his mother cry. He could express all of the feelings he'd ever hidden and finally, get rid of the regret and the sorrow he kept inside. He wanted to do all of this, he wanted to start talking and most of all, Eric wanted to start over. Something about her, about this girl made him wish he had a clean slate. Maybe he did. Instead of spilling his emotional guts all over her, the touch of her hand on his was enough to calm his racing heart. His warm palm covered the top of her slender hand and he felt strangely content, like everything was fitting into place. It felt.. it felt so right to touch her. To feel her perfect skin on his was like a breath of fresh air that penetrated the cramped dark cave of his past. 

Eric kept one hand on the wheel, his dark eyes staring solemnly out onto the road. "You're welcome." His rough lips cracked into a smile and his strong hand squeezed hers gently. He took it away and returned it to the fraying steering wheel. "I think you'll like where were going. I used to go here when I was little all the time." Eric's deep eyes glanced into Leah's and he shrugged. "We'll just have to see, huh." Then, he flicked on his blinker and slowed the vehicle, pulling the car into a blacktop parking lot and into one of the spaces. The entire building that stood in front of them was full of flowers. Bunches of huge pink and violet blooms drooped over the sidewalk and added a certain fragrence into the air that added a homey feeling to the place. Eric smiled. "Were here."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Leah hadn’t felt so relaxed in a really long time. Even though she was in a car and it scared the shit out of her, she had someone whom she believed could and would actually protect her. Nobody had ever made her feel the way that Eric made her feel. Not even Micah. All of their promises and beliefs and love for each other never really was spoken out loud. It was all shown in their eyes and their body language; the hugs and kisses and holding hands; the quiet nights sitting out on the porch and watching the moon rise and the sun go down, the beautiful colors painting the sky orange and pink and yellow. She’d never had anyone tell her things like what Eric was telling her and have her feel like they were actually telling the truth. It was a new feeling to her…and it certainly was welcome. She knew she couldn’t tell him that…not now, at least. Maybe she would, someday, but now wasn’t the time, even if she did feel it. Leah smiled a little bit. She looked over at him again when he squeezed her hand lightly. It made her feel protected, even though it was a small gesture. Those were the best, though. Those small little things that always made you feel like you were on top of the world.

“I’m sure I will,” Leah said with a smile, “I trust your sense of judgment,” she said with a chuckle, “I’m so curious. I wish you would’ve just told me.” She looked out the window as they slowly rolled to a stop in a parking lot. Her eyes traveled to the building that was covered with flowers, it seemed. Even with the windows up, the fragrance made its way to her nose. It was a wonderful fragrance, she had to admit, and it made her feel welcomed. Although that might seem a little weird…it was true. “It looks very nice…” Leah commented offhandedly. “Now are you going to tell me exactly where we are?” Leah looked over at Eric again with a lopsided smile.

[ Sorry… this was still bad… oopsie… ]
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:20 pm

“You’re going to probably laugh, but I had to bring you here. It’s kinda my little haven… and it was for a long time. It’s hard to explain.” Eric looked at Leah, his dark eyes twinkling gently and a genuine smile on his rather split lips. After all the shit that’d happened to them over them today, he wanted to relax. And there was nobody he’d rather be with, either. Eric could really picture Leah being one of the closest friends he’d ever had. Though he didn’t exactly… know her that well, Eric was determined to find out more about her and get her to open up a little. She completely fascinated him and he couldn’t get enough of her.

“It’s quaint, isn’t it?” Eric grinned and opened his car door, which gave a rather nasty sounding shriek as the rusty hinges ground on each other. He winced. The car needed work, but work cost money and money wasn’t a thing that was easy to earn in this town. “You match.” The lanky boy smiled, leaning down and gently plucking a purplish blue flower from a broad leafed plant. He handed the delicate blossom to her and gently lifted a strand of her long hair. The color was almost a perfect match. So were her eyes. Her skin looked soft and milky in the dappled sunlight and the boy wished he could touch it. His mind strayed a little from just bringing her here… her lips were the perfect color and Eric found himself wondering what they would feel like. They’d be perfect, soft, sweet… 

“It’s an ice cream shop.” The boy stuttered out, nodded towards the building. He dropped her hair and looked at his feet, his converse toes pressing together. “But its not only that. It’s a great place to relax and get away from things and just… chill. You’ll see when you get inside. It’s really kinda special.” Not unlike you… Eric awkwardly ran a hand through his shaggy black hair and gave her a lopsided grin, hoping that this wouldn’t be a dead end. 

Since he’d pretty much assumed responsibility of her, hopefully she wouldn’t mind spending time with him. After all they were pretty much strangers… with a connection he’d never felt before. He didn’t understand how her family could take advantage of her the way they did. They were lucky, blessed, even to have her. She was so unique and creative and different… he was proud just to be standing next to her. And he admired her. He admired the way she seemed so strong, and he admired the way she respected what her life was. She accepted her responsibilities and didn’t even complain. She was Cinderella.., His Cinderella, maybe. Eric blushed slightly. “It’s my treat. Let’s go.”
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Leah shook her head, “I probably won’t laugh,” she said with a small smile. If it was his haven, then she wouldn’t laugh, even if she did find it funny. Amusing. Ridiculous. But then again, she didn’t even know what it was yet. Leah smiled back at him. Even though his smile was a bit rugged, to say the least, it was still an attractive smile. And she could tell it wasn’t one of those smiles that people gave just to make someone happy…it was real. She nearly complimented his smile aloud, but thought better of it. If she complimented him she’d probably end up stuttering afterwards and blushing. How he made her feel was crazy for someone she’d just met not even two days ago. But…she couldn’t lie. There was something different about him. Something she wanted to find out and know; something she wanted to live and be a part of. She realized it now, her strange desire to want to be an important part of his life, even if they’d only just met… She wanted to be someone important to him. Anything that would make him happy. Leah blushed a bit at what she was thinking. What was she thinking? He was only taking care of her because he felt he had to, right…? Because she had nowhere else to go?
No, no, no! Of course not! He’d promised to protect her. He wasn’t doing it just because he had to. He was doing it because he wanted to. She wouldn’t make him do something he didn’t want. But she was, at this point in time, desperate. She didn’t have a home anymore. She lost the family she didn’t ever truly have in the first place. The family she wasn’t sad about losing. But she was so lost now. She’d always been without a real home. She’d had a roof over her house…but home is the place you always willingly return to because you have people there that love you. Her family didn’t love her. To be honest, the thought hurt. After experience what true love was like, having lost it to death’s cruel hand…knowing she’d never been truly loved by her parents at all hurt. All she really wanted was to love and be loved. And not have it be some fake, fanciful love. Leah looked back at Eric when he started talking again. She smiled a little bit, perhaps a bit bashfully. She looked at the flower he held in his hands. “It’s a beautiful flower,” she commented, taking the flower handed to her. Her eyes traveled from the flower to Eric when he lifted a strand of her hair. It was a little strange having him so close, but she didn’t dislike it. No…she rather liked having him so close. The thought made her blush a little bit. 
She watched when he suddenly stuttered, his cool, fluid confidence seeming to shatter instantaneously. She was curious as to what was going through his head at that point in time. She watched as he looked at his feet, which he’d positioned in a cutely boyish stance. He really was adorable… In a different way than he was attractive, but he was both. At least, she thought so. She smiled a little bit, “So you chill in an ice cream shop?” she asked, smiling at her really bad joke. Well…technically it wasn’t hers. She’d just taken his words and turned them around. She shook her head affectionately, “That was bad. Really bad.” She smiled again, “I’m sure it is special. It’s a lovely little place, from what I can tell.” Leah nearly reached out for his hand to walk inside but stopped herself before she could move. Ah, Leah! What is going through your head, girl? You’re being so…strange! Geez! Pull yourself together! Leah chuckled a little bit. “Well, what’re we waiting for? Let’s go in!”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm

It didn't really matter what Leah said. She could be talking about weather, clothes, or the conversation she had with a stranger a month ago and he wouldn't care. Nothing was boring when she talked. Eric wanted to take what he knew about her and piece it together, trying to complete the jigsaw puzzle even though he didn't have all the pieces. Not even close to all the pieces. He'd probably never figure her out, but that was okay with him. She'd already surprised him enough times that he looked forward to finding out things that were new about her, little bits of her that made him smile and that he tucked away in his memory. He almost wished he had a notebook to write everything down. It was a little stalker-ish... but Eric didn't want to miss a thing. In fact, he was determined not to. “I see what you did there.” He winked at her and smiled. Then, he walked her up the flowered sidewalk to the front door and pushed the chiming door open.

The inside of the building was unique, to say the least. It seemed to have everything that an ice cream shop should have, then twice that. The polished linoleum floor was black and white checkered, and a long counter stretched across half of the room. Stools with red tops were lined up in front of it and a few people were scattered on them and in the multiple booths that were positioned by open windows which let the fragrant air inside. On the walls were posters and photos and in the corner was a cardboard cutout of Michael Jackson, who seemed right at home in the odd but quaint little place. Eric grinned and looked at Leah. “It’s strange, I know. But it’s got the best god damn ice cream I’ve ever tasted.”

From behind the counter, a short woman with a styled mess of curly brown hair smiled widely, and she rushed out to greet them, a smile shining on her plump and very friendly face. “Eric! I haven’t seen you in mont-“ She stopped in front of him and suddenly frowned, taking his chin in her hand and tilting his head to the side. “Staying out of trouble I see,” The woman mused as she eyed Eric’s battered face. He blushed slightly and looked away from her, slightly embarrassed at the fussing. She really did treat him like a little boy still, but he didn’t mind. It was nice to know someone cared. “Leah, this is Patty Quinn. She was a close friend of my mom.”

Patty straightened up and beamed at Leah, brushing a stray ringlet out of her eyes. “It’s so nice to meet you, Leah. It’s not often I see Eric with a girl!” Then, turning to him, she added, “And especially one so pretty, make sure you treat her good.” Eric felt his cheeks flush and knew it was noticeable. “Yes, she is. I told her you serve the best ice cream in the state. I’m not sure if she believes me or not, but I had to prove it to her.” He didn’t dare look at Leah, knowing that his cheeks were still red. “Oh dear, I certainly hope it wasn’t rude of me for intruding.” Patty shook her head, then nodded quickly after. Eric raised an eyebrow, wondering where all her happy energy came from. He could use a dose once in awhile. “It’s on the house. Order whatever you want, just come find me when you decide!” She beamed and then turned to Eric, “I’m so glad you stopped in. I’ve been worried about you.” With that, she rushed off back to the counter, leaving the two alone.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Leah chuckled a little bit, smiling at his wink. He seemed…she didn’t even know. He was just him. She loved it that way, too. From what she knew of him, he was unique. More unique than anyone she’d ever met. She was glad about that, too. When she thought about it, it was that fact that made her want to be important in his life more than anything. Maybe because he’d promised to protect her and be there for her whenever she needed him, and maybe it was because there was just something there between them. It was strange. Very strange. Yet, welcome at the same time. And it was a sentiment she was bound to think on over and over again. She kind of wished she just had a few minutes by herself to think. To think about what it meant. To think about it in general. It was a little confusing, when she thought about it on the fly like this. She didn’t really like being confused…but she would rather be confused than not have Eric there at all. She’d definitely rather be confused. She smiled a little bit as the two of them walked up to the door. Eric pushed it open and she walked in, taking a second to take in the scenery. It wasn’t overly big (which she liked) but it wasn’t too cramped. It smelled wonderful, too. it was a little bit strange, she had to admit, but the overall atmosphere and design of it all just looked very like a very welcoming place. She felt very…at home here.

Leah chuckled, “It is a little strange…” she said, “But it is nice. I do like it. And I’ll have to be the judge of that myself,” she added with a grin to match his. She looked up when she heard another woman came over. She looked like a very sweet person. Leah turned and looked at Eric, too, examining his face a little bit. She couldn’t help but feel partially responsible. Liam… She let out a quiet sigh and was glad when Eric spoke, taking her attention off of her thoughts. “Pleased to meet you,” Leah said with a sweet smile, genuine. She blinked for a second when Ms. Quinn said it wasn’t very often that she saw Eric with a girl. Kind of find that hard to believe, she thought to herself, I’d think that with his looks girls would be flocking to him… She redirected her thoughts again. She blinked for a second and blushed when Ms. Quinn called her pretty. “Oh…” she whispered a bit. She fidgeted her feet a little bit. Out of the side of her eye, she saw Eric’s face. She laughed a bit, putting a hand up to her mouth to keep herself from laughing too much. When Ms. Quinn spoke again, Leah was glad to know that Eric did have someone there to take care of him. Her laughter died down a little bit at the color of his cheeks. He looked really cute. Especially when he blushed like that. Leah nodded at Ms. Quinn as she went back to the counter.

“She’s nice,” Leah said with a chuckle and small smile. “I like her.” Leah looked over at Eric and resisted the urge to tease him, instead pretending not to notice the blush.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:02 pm

"She's definitely one of a kind, that's for sure." Eric fought back his shyness and looked at Leah, smiling softly. "Patty is the only person that cared what happened to me when my mom..." He paused, not quite wanting to say it. "When my mom died. Everyone assumed I'd just live with my stepdad but.. that didn't work out too well. You can just say that we.. we don't get along very well." He shrugged and led Leah up to the counter, peering into the freezer as he spoke. "She actually fought for custody of me. But it didn't work out."

Eric didn't like talking about such heavy things, so he tried to change the subject. He especially didn't want to scare Leah away with his less then perfect back story. "I know the strawberry is really good. It's one of my favorites." Eric glanced up and saw that Patty was watching them. She gave him a quick wink, then went right back to helping the customer. Eric smiled a little. "I hope you like it here. I just kind of wanted to show you this place... I'm not really sure why, actually. I guess cause it was always the place I came to when I needed to get away from things. Mostly because I didn't have any other place to go."

Eric's voice was solom and his eyes had that far off look they got when he was deep in thought. His fingers traced over the glass and he bit his bottom lip. It hadn't been easy. But the experiences he'd gone through had made him stronger, and had made him into the young man he was today. He still had a lot of learning to do though. He had a feeling that he'd never stop learning. "I'm really glad you're with me." His dark eyes rose to meet hers, but he didn't smile. "I don't want you to ever go back there again, Leah. You don't deserve it. You don't deserve any of it. I wish you could be happy."   He trailed off, but his eyes didn't leave hers. "I like it when you smile."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Leah smiled, “I noticed. I like her,” she added softly. She seemed like the mother figure Leah had never had. That’s the immediate attraction Leah had to Ms. Quinn. She seemed like a very caring and kind woman who would go out of her way to help her loved ones. That was an incredibly admirable trait to Leah, considering it was a trait not a single one of her family members owned. Maybe her little sisters…but they were too young to understand things like that. She hated to think her two innocent little sisters were being brought up in the household that they’d been born into. Absentmindedly, Leah wrapped her arms around her torso, her fingers tapping against her side where her brother had kicked her. He’d never physically hurt her before. The shock hurt more than the actual physical pain did. She had a hard time believing that there were such terrible people out there who would physically abuse one of their own… humans were truly vile creatures. If only more were like Eric. Then the world wouldn’t be destined for complete and utter destruction. Mankind was like the world’s self-destruct button, and it’d been repeated prodded at, just waiting for that misstep to be pushed and set off. It was like every day was walking on a thin wire. Although her life rarely held any surprises…it was always chores, chores, and more chores. The same chores, at that, too, so she always knew what to expect. The past twenty-four hours had been some of the most ‘exciting’ unplanned events that she’d experienced in a while. Her gaze softened as Eric continued talking. “At least you have someone,” she replied quietly, “Even if she didn’t win custody of you. She loves you, I can tell. I’d be content with just that.” Leah gave Eric a weak smile before turning to where the ice cream flavors were laid out. There were a lot. She wasn’t used to eating ice cream. She couldn’t remember actually ever trying it, to be honest. She knew for sure that Micah had never taken her. They ‘d always done things like build beanbag couches together. Things like that. They’d never really gone out anywhere; restaurants or otherwise.

“Mm, strawberry sounds good,” Leah commented. Strawberries were her favorite fruit to being with, so she supposed strawberry ice cream would definitely taste good to her, if she wanted to play the whole choosing flavors thing safe. She looked up at Eric when he said he hoped she’d like it here. She nearly let slip, ‘Well I don’t have anywhere else to be,’ but kept it in. She didn’t mean it to be harsh, but it was honestly her predicament at the moment…she’d stay anywhere as safe as she could get. Right now, however, she’d rather not worry so much about the scariness of the unknown and focus on the ‘right now.’ Leah nodded, “I’m glad you did show it to me. It’s nice here. As an added bonus, it smells amazing in here.” She looked back to the ice cream jugs once more before looking tentatively over at Eric. He looked…distant. She didn’t like that look. Not one bit. She blinked for a second when he said he was glad she was with him. Their eyes met, but it was somehow different. Colder, perhaps, but not hostile. Leah froze up a bit when he said he didn’t want her to ‘go back there.’ She didn’t want to go back, either, but knowing her parents… They wouldn’t let her go that easily. She wouldn’t tell Eric about the churning uneasiness in the pit of her stomach that she couldn’t fight away. At least not yet. She didn’t want to tell him when it was too late, but…she’d rather him not worry about her too much. She could be wrong. Maybe her parents wouldn’t want her back…but that was highly unlikely. She doubted they’d survive a week without her. After all, her mother hadn’t even known where the damned silverware had been. Leah turned her gaze away from Eric’s, though she still felt his eyes on her. “I’m not the only one in a position that’s receiving things I don’t deserve.” But maybe I do deserve it. After all…if Micah never loved me, he never would’ve died. That much is my fault. Maybe this is just punishment for…ruining such a bright young man. Leah felt her throat tighten and she cleared it in attempt to change the subject, “Let’s not worry about that now.” She looked over at Eric and offered him a small smile, “And I like it when you smile. So I guess we’re just going to have to smile for each other then, huh?”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 am

Eric frowned. Was this a date? No, no it wasn't. Or was it? He hadn't thought about how it would appear to her, all the poor guy had wanted was an ice cream cone. Did she think it was? He shook his head to himself and ran a hand through his hair. He really did need a haircut. He needed a lot of things, actually. "Patty, can we get strawberry and butter pecan?" The bubbly woman nodded, picking up a scooper and opening the freezer. "I guess we'll have to, wont we. It's a deal." She liked to see him smile? Well that was nice to know. She was the person who made him smile the most. His arm brushed hers slightly as he leaned over to take the cones and he gave the strawberry one to her. Then he turned to Patty. 

"I see your still trying to rent the apartment upstairs, huh?" The woman nodded, her hands on her hips, sighing slightly. "I don't want a bunch of fuckheads living over my shop, excuse my french.  It's a nice place, too. I payed to get the whole thing re-modeled and now I cant even get a decent client. This is supposed to be a family friendly environment and I can't say that it is when somebody comes falling down the stairs, drunk, with only his underwear on. It's happened before, believe me. People now days." The woman shook her head and laughed. "Though it was funny, I kicked him out the next day." Eric grinned. "Tough landlord, aren't you. I'm interested in it though. Leah and I... well we need somewhere to stay." Patty raised her eyebrow, looking at him, then at Leah, back to him again. Eric hope it wasn't rude that he was talking business with Leah right there, but after all he had promised he'd take care of her. 

“Mike… is he..?” Patty lowered her voice, her eyes filling with concern. Eric’s eyes grew darker and he just shook his head. “I’m alright, I just need to get a place of my own, that’s all.” She nodded and smiled, but the worry lingered in her expression. “You kids enjoy your ice cream and we can work things out later, Eric. Now go, don’t keep your date waiting!” Eric started to correct her but she was already gone. He turned to Leah and gave a half shrug. “Sorry about that. I needed to ask her though… I can trust her, and I think it’d be a good place..” He led her to the booth and sat down across from her. “But I need to know something. I don’t want to scare you. We’re practically strangers and I’ve just ruined your life. It’s my fault that you got kicked out and I cant even express how sorry I am for that.”

His gaze darkened and became somber, and he looked deeply into her eyes, praying that she’d believe what he was saying. It was all true, every bit of it, and Eric just wanted to take care of her. This was going so, so fast though, and he didn’t blame her if she wanted out. “I want to be your friend and I want you to be happy. So if this isn’t what you want, please tell me.”
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Leah smiled a little bit at Eric and turned to watch as Ms. Quinn got the ice cream for the two of them. She glanced over at Eric again when he said ‘it was a deal.’  She gave him a happy smile. Good. It’s easier to smile if you’re smiling, too. Leah moved ever so slightly to the side when Eric’s arm brushed against hers. Seemed like little things like that happened a lot. She didn’t mind…but they did make her all…butterfly-y inside. It’s official, Leah, girl. You’re going completely bonkers. It’s about time, too, I’d assume. She smiled and thanked Ms. Quinn for the ice cream, then Eric for handing it to her. She looked over as Eric turned his attention to the older woman and the two started another little chat. Leah listened intently. She chuckled quietly when Ms. Quinn she wasn’t going to have a ‘bunch of fuckheads’ living over her shop. She definitely liked Ms. Quinn already. She was sweet, but was also one of those women who wasn’t afraid to tell people her boundaries. Leah had never been that kind of woman, as shown by her inability to rebel against her parents’ complete tyranny. And her brother’s. Leah pushed the thoughts out of her mind. It was better for her not to be thinking about them right now. She just wanted to get away from it all. She was glad she had Eric here to help her with that. She knew she wouldn’t be able to make it out there on her own. She’d never be able to fully express her gratitude towards Eric for being there for her, especially at this point in time. And especially considering they were practically strangers. She brought her attention back to the people talking in front of her just as Eric was saying that the two of them needed somewhere to stay. Leah shrugged lightly. Wasn’t that the truth. The two of them were a classical (okay, that’s a lie right there) walking train-wreck. She’d never expected to be in this situation in her wildest dreams. Even if she was ‘mistreated’ at home, at least she had a house to return to.
Leah looked over as Ms. Quinn spoke again. She could detect the concern in her eyes. Thank you, Ms. Quinn, for being here for him when he needed you. I wish I had someone like that in my life before now. Leah watched as Eric’s expression changed rather suddenly and the conversation ended there. She blinked and blushed a little bit when Ms. Quinn referred to her as Eric’s ‘date.’ This wasn’t a date…was it? It wasn’t, right? Or was it…? It couldn’t be though,  right…? They’d only just met? Leah shook the thoughts out of her head. She wasn’t thinking straight. She really just needed to calm down. Thank the Lord she had multiple things to help take her mind off of that right now. She chuckled when Eric apologized, “It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” She nodded and followed Eric, “I trust you if you say you think it is. If it’s a place with a roof over it, I’d say it’s good enough.” She shrugged a little bit. Maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but whatever. He’d understand, most likely. She looked up and furrowed her brows a little bit when Eric said he needed to know something. She almost said ‘I’m not afraid,’ but decided she wouldn’t interrupt him. She smirked a little bit when he said he ruined her life. “There wasn’t much of a life to ruin,” she admitted quietly, staring down at her ice cream. She shook her head when he said he was sorry, “Don’t be. There are no hard feelings.” In a way, she thought, you did me a huge favor. I never would’ve gotten out of there if I hadn’t met you… I’m just sorry my brother did the things to you that he did. She looked up again, the look in his eyes a little bit discomforting. After he finished, she remained quiet for a minute.
“I’m not scared,” she said. “And I’m not going to just back out, either. Any place…is better than the place I just got kicked out of. Really. What you saw has been my life for a long time now. It’s better to have no home than to have that as a home. Besides, I trust you. We’ll figure something out together.” She offered him a small smile, “It may not be what I was expecting, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want it. Don’t fret over it so much…it’ll all work out in the end. I’m sure of it. But if anything's ever wrong...I promise you'll be the first to know.”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Eric couldn’t help but smile. It was such a relief to know that this is what Leah wanted. The last thing he wanted was to force her to do something she didn’t want to do. Usually, he was horrible at reading people. He couldn’t tell if they were genuine, trustworthy, or loyal- but with Leah, he felt as if he’d known her for… months, at least. And there was still so much more to figure out about her. “You trust me…?” Eric’s voice was quiet and low, and his eyes gazed deeply into hers. He couldn’t stop looking at her, actually. She was just… too perfect.

It was amazing to him that they were here, right now, and he was led to believe that through all the shit that had happened in the last two days, they had been meant to find each other. Finally, someone he could trust. Someone he could take care of. Someone he could… love, even. He already loved her as a person. It would be hard not to, after knowing what she’d been put through for all of her life. It was no life to live. But he would fix it! Eric knew he could, he knew he could take care of her and make her happy. It was one thing that he realized right now that he wanted more then anything. If he could change the past, he wouldn’t have. If he could erase all of the hardships he’d been put through…  Because if he did, that would risk him never meeting this beautiful, wonderful girl… and the very thought was too much of a loss to think about.

“You have no idea what it means to me to hear you say that. I just… I really just want you to finally be happy. I just want you to be able to live every day, and be able to look back at each one and be proud.” He smiled, and this time, the smile reached his eyes. It warmed his entire face and made him seem much less shielded and much more open. “I promise you… I will take care of you. I will give you everything you need. Your life is finally going to be happy. This is something I really want.” He looked down at the table then back up at her. And in that moment, there was nothing he wanted more then to kiss her.

He wouldn’t. It was way too soon. It would ruin the trust he finally had established with her. It would ruin everything. But he wanted to, he wanted to so badly. Eric’s dark, gentle eyes watched her, taking in every bit of her. He doubted he’d ever get tired just admiring how perfect she was. He’d felt like this when he had brought her to the car, but now it was a hundred, a thousand times worse. He was at his most vulnerable and she was at hers, and they were so lost, so confused. If he could just kiss her, if he could just show her it would all be okay… maybe they’d both be alright.

“You have ice cream on your lip.” Eric smiled and looked away from her, silently wishing he could lick it off for her. 
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Leah pretended not to notice Eric’s eyes on her as she began eating her ice cream. She hadn’t had ice cream very often…but damn this ice cream probably really was the best ice cream in the world. Maybe not the world…but definitely in the US. It was delicious. She was glad Eric had brought her here…but the more she thought about it, the more she realized she would probably be glad that Eric brought her anywhere. Most men would’ve just walked out and been like ‘see ya later sucker, good luck out there on your own.’ She didn’t know why Eric functioned the way that he did, but she was glad that he functioned that way. If he didn’t…if he hadn’t… She wouldn’t know what she would’ve done. Thanks to him, she wouldn’t have to spend sleepless nights on the side of the street wondering where her next meal would come from (okay, so maybe she needed to worry about that little bit, a least a small bit, but it was better than starving and thinking about it at the same time). Ms. Quinn seemed like a lovely and wonderfully helpful woman, as well. She didn’t know if Eric realized this completely, but even if he had a problem father (from what she’d been able to gather; she wasn’t sure if she was completely right yet but it seemed likely considering his mother was dead) he was surrounded by good people. Or…at least a good person. He had her, now, too, and she hoped she counted as a good person. That would make her happy…very, very happy. If she could contribute a little good back to the world, especially for Eric, she’d be happy. Why she was saying this after knowing him for less than forty-eight hours, she had no idea. But it felt right…and she’d never felt anything this right before, so she had to follow her guts on this one. At least…that’s what she’d already convinced herself of.
“Yeah, of course, I trust you,” she said with a smile. Her eyes traveled back over to his and she held his gaze for a second. She couldn’t tell if he was surprised or happy or what, to be honest. She hoped it was a little bit of both. She turned back to her ice cream and ate a little more, lost in thought. Maybe now was the time to sort her thoughts a little bit…just a little. So…she’d met this wonderful boy. This wonderful Eric. Then, he’d ended up staying at her house for the night (mistake number one) and she hadn’t made him leave that morning when they’d woken up (mistake number two) and lastly, she’d gotten kicked out of her house, along with Liam beating up Eric and kicking her. And saying a bunch of things that brought tears to her eyes just thinking about. I didn’t kill him, damn it, she thought to herself, ironing up her resolve real quick before Eric began talking again. She looked up at him again. She smiled a bit. So at least…it’d meant something to him when she said she trusted him, and not in a bad way either. Wasn’t too soon or anything (boy was that a relief). Her smile faded a little when he said he wanted her to be happy, and finally – a good way of putting things. Finally. It would be nice to be happy…finally. She’d been happy at one point in her life but after all the hell she’d been put through since then she didn’t really remember much of what that happiness was like. She remember some of it, but sure as hell it was only some. She stared down at her fingers for a second and listened to the rest of what he said. She knew…she knew he’d protect her. She chuckled a little, tears brimming slightly.
I will take care of you.
I will give you everything you need.
Your life is finally going to be happy.

“Thank you,” she whispered, making sure her urge to cry had passed before looking back up at him, “Thank you so much.” She smiled at him, “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting…for someone to say something like that to me.” Not even Micah did. He didn’t need to…we had a picture perfect life. Why would he need to say something like that to me…? And even after years of a relationship with him…this is the first I’m hearing something like this. Leah let a little sigh escape her lips and her heart settled. She felt…happy. She already felt happy. “Thanks.” She said again, tilting her head a bit when he spoke again. “Oh.” Leah smiled a bit bashfully and grabbed a napkin, wiping off the ice cream, “Better?” she said with another smile. This was the most she’d smiled in a really long time. A really long time. And despite everything going around her…she had the strangest feeling days like this, as long as she was with Eric, were bound to continue. 
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Eric felt right. When he made a decision, he could usually tell whether or not it was going to turn out good or bad. And he knew that when he’d told Leah that he’d take care of her, he hadn’t been lying. He was being totally, completely honest and that feeling of genuine happiness was shooting through his mind so unsuspected, he was almost lightheaded. Drunk with joy, maybe. And this felt so right. This felt more right then anything he’d ever done. It was a perfect twist of fate that seemed to throw his life out of the ditch and back onto the road. Maybe he was overreacting, but this feeling was seriously… great. He’d forgotten what it was like to really, honestly care about somebody from deep in his heart. This was going to work out. This was going to be alright. They were going to be alright.

Eric’s dark eyes lit up with a soft glow and his white teeth flashed as he smiled, watching Leah with the oddest expression- a mixture of happiness, adoration, and something else that couldn’t be pinpointed. Whatever it was made his stomach seem to drop every time she smiled at him and made him aware of the way her hair tumbled over her shoulders and neck, the little wispy curls framing her face and her big blue eyes gleaming in the sunset. “You’re perfect-” Eric smiled at her when she wiped the ice cream away off her soft lips, his eyes lingering on them maybe a little longer then they should have. “It’s gone.”

He didn’t concentrate on what was going on in the parlor. He doubted that he could have. Not with an angel in the room. Eric felt so drawn to her that he wanted to punch himself. Maybe he’d wake up, get his senses, realize what he needed to do. He felt relaxed and blissful and so at ease. Nothing bad was going to happen anymore, from here on out everything was going to be so much better. He’d found what he was supposed to and he wasn’t going to let her go. Her skin looked soft and milky in the sun that streamed through the window, and her cheeks were the cutest pink he’d ever seen. “We’re going to start something, Leah.”

He smiled and his eyes twinkled, his shaggy and slightly messy black hair falling in front of them. “We’re going to show them, show them all that we’re strong, that we can do anything. That all the shit we’ve gone through has only helped us learn.” He paused for a second, and leaned closer to her across the booth, his eyes intently focused on her face. He looked eager and excited and hopeful. “I’m so, so happy that I met you. It’s like… it’s like it was meant to happen.” His large, warm hand slid over hers and he squeezed it gently, earnestly. “This is it, this is the break we’ve been looking for. We’re going to be alright.”
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Leah smiled a little when he said it was gone. “Thanks,” she said, noticing he wasn’t looking her right in the eyes but she wasn’t going to point it out or anything. That’d be more embarrassing for him than it would be awkward for her. At least…she thought it might be. Micah would’ve just kissed her and told her to shut up, but Eric wasn’t Micah, so she’d just remain quiet. It was probably ‘safer’ that way, anyways. Leah sighed a little and glanced at Eric’s eyes. The emotion they portrayed almost seemed unrealistic. It was all so bright and shining with hope…Leah had no idea if her own eyes had ever shown that, or if they ever would. Maybe it was just Eric. He was special, and he made her feel relaxed. Safe, protected, loved. Perhaps not in that way, but he did make her feel loved. And she doubted that would ever change. No matter what happened…they’d work through it. They’d get through whatever the cold, dark world would throw at them. They’d catch it in their hands and throw it right back at the world. Maybe some people didn’t think making a bubble for yourself was safe, or healthy. But…if it meant she would be happy, and that Eric would be happy, too, she wouldn’t mind creating that little unhealthy bubble. She felt like she was in a bubble right now, too. Almost literally. It was as if Eric was the only person in her life and in the world right now. The only person in the room, almost. In reality, she knew they were surrounded by noisy people talking and laughing, but she felt like she was deaf; numb to the noises of people that didn’t matter.

Leah smiled and nodded. Yes…yes they were going to start something, weren’t they? It didn’t even matter at this point in time if they knew exactly what that something was or not. They were going to start something and they’d never let go of it. And maybe, in the off-chance that Eric did let go of it…she never would. She’d hold onto this very moment right here, right now, if it was the last moment she was to ever share with Eric. In her heart she knew there would be more memories and more time to make them in the future, and not the distant future, either. The near future. The very near future. It was as if they were building their lives…starting now. All the years they’d spent away from each other wondering why the world was so cruel no longer factored into the equation. Once you find someone who can be your guide and guardian, and you can be their guide and guardian, too…nothing else matters as much as it used to. Leah smiled, this time her smile reaching her eyes, as he continued to talk. When he finished talking, she let out a contented sigh and brushed his bangs out of his eyes slightly before resting her forehead on his, “Yes. It must’ve happened for a reason. It can’t be an everyday occurrence when you meet someone for the first time and it feels…like…well, like this. I can’t even put words on it.” Leah blushed a little bit but didn’t pull away. She enjoyed the closeness, and his hand on hers felt so right. It was astounding. “I know we will be.” She paused and her eyes dulled for a second, thinking, “I promise I’ll always be here when you need me, alright? I want you to be able to smile every day and laugh for no good reason. I don’t want you to have to deal with whatever you’ve gone through alone anymore. And I promise I’ll be honest with you too. After all that’s happened…I don’t see any reason to keep secrets anyway.” Leah smiled, “You’re right, though. We will be alright now.”

[ Wow. That was sucky <3 ]
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am

Eric nodded happily. He'd found a friend. It was harder then one would think, to really find a true person that you really clicked with, right away and forever. With how many people he was surrounded by every day, you'd think that at least one person would belong in his life. Well, he'd finally found her. Eric was one hundred percent sure that no matter what happened, this friendship wasn't going into the ditch anytime soon. Maybe he felt a little too confident- after all, he and Leah were homeless kids with hardly any money. Or, you could look at the nicer side of it, he and Leah were two friends with a sense of adventure and self discovery.

Eric watched Leah. But his eyes weren't focused on just her face, they were focused on something deeper, more passionate, as if he could look into her soul and understand who she was, what she was made of. And he almost felt like he could. He felt like they were so similar that he could practically feel what she was feeling, right now. Hope, excitement, nervousness. Happiness and relief and most of all, comfort. Her hand fit perfectly under his and when she brushed his hair out of his eyes, Eric's heart dropped into his stomach and it skipped a couple beats, shocked and surprised and so happy.

Her forehead pressed against his and Eric was aware of how close his lips were to hers. He looked up, and the expression he saw in Leah's eyes was one that warmed his entire body, from his stony cold inside all the way to the outside. Eric couldn't focus on anything else. The ice cream shop faded away into the background, along with the people, the talking, the flowers, and the smell. All he could see was Leah and all he could focus on was the words she was saying. It was almost too good to be true. Maybe it was. Maybe this was all his imagination, playing tricks on him.
But Eric knew deep down in his heart that this was his destiny and that he was meant to meet Leah. She was going to be the person that saved him. And she might of already have.
He suddenly stood up, quickly walking over to her side of the ice cream booth. He leaned down and picked her up off of her seat, spinning her around, sliding his hand behind her body, his fingers splayed on her back. His beaten face buried in the crook of Leah's neck, and he could smell the light fragrance of her shampoo. The long strands of her hair tickled his face and he smiled, his muscled arms wrapping tightly around her in the biggest and tightest hug he had ever given. He wanted her to feel safe with him. Because no matter what happened, she always would be.

"I'm excited, Leah."

And Eric was grinning, with the biggest smile on his boyish face. His eyes twinkled and he leaned his forehead down to rest against hers again.
"Thank you for saving me."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Leah was glad that the two of them had connected so quickly and so easily. She didn’t know what she’d do if she didn’t have anybody right now…she had no idea how she’d have coped if he’d gotten her kicked out – she didn’t necessarily blame him for that, it was partially her fault, too – and then left her. In all honesty she didn’t know a single guy who would stay with her the way Eric was. He was taking care of her to the best of his ability and she’d never be able to thank him fully for that. Even past any bruises and scars, he was a wonderful, lovely person and she couldn’t put into words how lucky she was to have found someone like him to be a friend to and with. Leah’s smile only got brighter as she thought about it more. She felt like a little girl again, beaming because she’d gotten something that meant more to her than anything in the world. However, unlike when she had been little, she wasn’t letting this one go. And for some strange reason, she had a feeling like Eric wasn’t going to get ‘old’ like a toy did. Although it was incredibly strange for her, and unlike her in every imaginable way – and unimaginable way, she supposed – to trust someone…she felt like every word that fell from his lips meant something important and that he would never break his promises to her. If he ever did…she also got the sneaking suspicion she’d probably end up forgiving him, if it meant he’d come back to her in the end. Yeah…there was something wrong with her, she knew it, but she didn’t mind it, either. If anyone could make her happy in trying times, especially like these times, where most ‘normal’ kids never dealt with them, she would stand by them not only because they deserved it, but probably because they wouldn’t just be ‘some person’ to her at that point.

Realizing her thoughts were straying, she pulled her attention back to Eric in front of her. The two of them didn’t talk for a minute or two, just happily reveling in the comfortable silence they shared and lost in thinking their own thoughts. She didn’t know what Eric was thinking, and she didn’t really care, but only because she knew that what she felt wasn’t a one-way thing. He’d made it abundantly clear, to her at least, that there was something different about the two of them. It didn’t take a genius to realize that, either, though. Leah looked over at Eric, somewhat confused, when he stood up out of the blue and walked over to her. A small surprised noise escaped her lips when he picked her up, but her lips curved into a smile when he started to spin her around, his arms around her. She felt very safe…and although she’d already thought it a million times, it was truer than anything that had ever been true in her life. Her smile faded only slightly when she felt his head in the crook of her neck, wrapping her arms around him as well and closing her eyes, reveling in the warmth the two of them shared. When he hugged her tightly, she was slightly surprised, but she welcomed it. It made her feel…at home. Like no matter what, the outside world and all its hard, cold realities couldn’t reach her when she was in his embrace. When Eric started talking again, she opened her eyes and looked at him, the smile on his face bringing one to her own. When he rested his forehead against her own, her expression softened a little. His comment caught her a little bit off-guard, and she wasn’t exactly sure how to respond, but she was glad to know that she’d done something for him already. She hoped it showed on her face, because she sure felt like it did. After a second of taking everything in; his words, his face, his expression; she moved her head to his shoulder and closed her eyes, smiling at the warmth she felt in her chest. “Thank you, too, Eric…” she said softly, “For everything.”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Eric didn't want to let go.

In fact, even if he wanted to, it probably would be impossible. His fingers were twined tightly together at the small of her back and his body was pressed against hers. But instead of the usual thoughts that would be going through a different guy's mind right now, he was only focused on the way that he felt, inside. How his heart seemed to squeeze a little and every beat made it throb a little worse, and how a lump had risen in his throat and he almost felt shaky. When Leah moved her head onto his shoulder his lips split into a foolish and probably silly looking grin but he didn't care. His cheeks heated with a glowing cerise blush and he wanted to just pull her tighter and never let her go. Show her that she meant something, she meant a lot to him, already, and that his promise to take care of her wouldn't ever go broken. Eric swore on his life that he wouldn't fuck this up.

His eyes closed for a second and he could smell Leah's shampoo on her hair. With her head resting on his shoulder, he was so tempted to smooth it with his hand, comfortingly, but as his hand lifted he immediately dropped it. That was probably too far. He didn't want to creep her out and he wouldn't have meant it in anything more then a kind gesture but it was perhaps where the line was supposed to be drawn. Yeah, probably.

"I didn't do anything. I feel like this... we, were supposed to find each other. I know it sounds crazy..."

His eyes lifted and he saw Mrs. Quinn watching them with a smile on her face. Her eyes twinkled and her head dropped, her unruly curls obscuring her view, but she quickly touched her forefinger to her thumb in the 'perfect' hand gesture. Eric blinked then slowly let Leah go, his fingers lingering on the small of her back the space between their bodies grew until it was normal again. Without Leah's arms around him, Eric felt cold and nervous and almost alone; even though she was still standing right there, less then an arms reach away. He smiled at her in his dorky but adorable way, and his somber eyes had an unusual glint in them that hadn't been there before.

"Your hair smells good." He joked playfully, shrugging his shoulders. Eric's hands that now felt empty and useless slipped into the pockets of his black jeans. His foot tapped on the floor a little nervously.
"Listen... We can stay upstairs, for awhile, unless you don't want to do that.. Mrs. Quinn has a nice apartment upstairs, there's two bedrooms and everything, and it's big so if I annoy you or get on your nerves you don't have to be forced to be in the same room as me." Eric shook his head, taking a hand out of his pocket and running it through his tousled mop of black hair. He felt nervous. He didn't know where the feeling had come from. A few moments ago he had felt completely comfortable and at home, but now, he felt almost like he had to live up to some expectation. To prove to Leah that he could take care of her. Of them. Since he WAS the reason she had gotten kicked out.

"If you want, I can take you shopping or something. ' Eric offered, "I know you didn't grab a lot of your stuff.. you didn't have that much time."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Offhandedly, Leah realized she’d like to stay this way: close to him, feeling safe, feeling warm, loved, cared for, for one of the first times in her life. It was like she was starting her life all over again, and even though she didn’t know Eric all that well, she wouldn’t want to be starting it over again with anyone else. She fell into the comfortable feeling of it all and closed her eyes a bit, having the strangest feeling she could fall asleep like this, but knew she oughtn’t. Especially if she was standing up – that was just foolish. But the way she felt inside right now…it was unlike any other feeling she’d ever had, and she loved it. She really, really loved it. She felt…special. She couldn’t help but wonder if this was going to be something that was going to last. When Eric started talking again, she listened quietly. When he finished, she couldn’t help but smile as she opened her eyes again and looked up at Eric, moving her head off of his shoulder so she could do so. “You did do something, though,” Leah replied quietly, looking into Eric’s eyes. “You found me.” Leah knew in her heart what she meant, whether or not Eric did was unknown to her. She only nodded as he finished what he was saying.

When Eric let the two of them drift apart some, she didn’t fight back. She supposed that maybe it’d be a little bit awkward if they just stayed there for any longer. Besides, they were in a public place. Was he maybe uncomfortable with it? She didn’t really want to think on it that much, because even though they were technically complete strangers, almost, she thought it had just felt…right. She hadn’t felt this right with Micah, which made her second guess herself, and what had happened. It didn’t change the fact that, in reality, his death had been her fault. She’d taken the son away from a family. She’d taken away the possible father to her children. She’d taken away a friend, a nephew, a cousin… She’d taken away one of the most special human beings on the face of the planet – one of the most pure, the most blessed, people she’d ever known. Leah shook her head a little bit, knowing if she thought on it much longer she’d start crying again, and crying in public was the last thing she wanted to do. When Eric smiled, she gave him a wavering smile in return. She blushed a bit when he said her hair smelled good – why, she didn’t know, but she did anyways.

She gave Eric a little nod at what he said. “It’d be better to stay here than anywhere else, I guess,” Leah said quietly, thinking on it. She couldn’t help but laugh at him saying ‘if he annoyed her.’ “I really don’t think you could annoy me, Eric,” she said with a gentle smirk, “Unless you want to make it a challenge. I’d probably just end up laughing.” Leah shrugged a little bit. She chuckled at what he offered next, “You’d really go shopping with me? I don’t know many guys that would go shopping with a girl, especially one they had just met…I supposed it was more of a kind of ‘here hold my purse’ type of reaction…” Leah trailed off a little bit. “Sorry, I’m rambling.” She pulled some hair behind her ear and dropped her gaze to the floor, a little bit embarrassed about how she had so easily started rambling. Nothing new, she supposed…nothing new. “Anyways. You don’t have to do that for me…I think I have enough clothes for two other outfits…as long as I can wash my clothes I should be fine. But thank you.”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Maybe the reason Eric was doing all this was because he needed closure. He needed closure on his past, on his present, and on his future. He needed someone he could depend on and know that no matter what happened things would be alright because they'd work through all those mighty rough patches that always seemed to arise, no matter who you were. Looking at it this way , Eric wondered if he was doing this only for himself and if he was just using her. But if he was using Leah, he'd sure as hell feel regretful and guilty over it. And he didn't. His heart was light and happy and he felt like the chains that had been clenched around it for so many years had shattered. Like he was finally able to breathe again, to smile again, to live again. It was all so fast. The hours and days had skipped by like the whole wide world was set on fast forward. But every single moment was packed and bursting at the seam with memories that'd brought them here, to this very spot, taken both Eric and Leah to a new place in their life, some place that could mean a new beginning and a better ending for the both of them.

“There’s no way I’m gonna let a pretty girl like you have a wardrobe that’s smaller then mine. Think about it as an early birthday gift. Or… a late birthday gift. Hell, when is your birthday?”

To care about somebody takes time. To know somebody takes time. Now, Eric realized that they had all the time in the world. He’d skipped all the little things about her and had gone crashing into her life head over heels. He wanted to know her. On a more personal level then he already did. There wasn’t a need to rush anymore. It seemed that right now, they had set foot into a good place, a good time. It was the little things that would bring them together, despite the menacing shadows of the past that continued to hang over their heads, trying to haunt them and jinx their new future. Eric wanted to know what made her tick.What was her favorite color? Did she like books? Did she watch movies? Did she like tall guys? Muscular or slim? Street smart or book smart? More importantly… did she like guys like him?

Eric’s cheeks flamed with the embarrassing thought and he swallowed a few times to re-wet his dry mouth. He’d gone from complimenting her to wallowing in specific thoughts that he should probably keep for later when his face wasn’t at risk of being as bright as a ripe tomato. Even though his skin was tan it wasn't dark enough to hide all of that.

“C’mon trooper.” He popped the last bit of his ice cream cone into his mouth and wiped his somewhat sticky fingers on a crumpled brown napkin, then bunched it up and shot it into the trash from where he was standing. The wrinkled ball of paper bounced off the rim then fell into the trash where it belonged. Eric turned and grinned at Leah, playfully winking at her with the most innocent boyish expression on his beaten face. “Be jealous of my skills, princess.” Mrs Quinn stole his attention away from Leah and he turned around. The woman threw him a solid, small key from her place behind the ice cream counter and his hand snatched up just in time to catch it. The cold shape of it pressed into his palm and he thankfully closed his fingers around it. “And these reflexes. Be jealous of them, too. Wanna check out the apartment upstairs?”
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3