Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open) - Page 2 Empty Re: two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am

James nodded at her response, eyes cutting over to the waiter as he set down his food and drink, giving him a brief, subtle smile in thanks. He hadn't hesitated in digging a fork into his meal, swirling the spaghetti around its points before stuffing it into his mouth, rinsing it down with a drink of water. James had always been one to bite off more than he could chew, both metaphorically and literally, though it sounds incredibly corny and cliche. "So, are there any other detectives in Amnia?" he asked before shoveling another bite into his mouth, curious.

Back to top Go down

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open) - Page 2 Empty Re: two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Scarlett started to take appropriate bite sized pieces of her dish, but as she looked up she saw James stuffing large amounts of pasta into his mouth. she could help but chuckle before she answered his question. " each precinct has at least four or six detectives. there is so little detectives in Amnia, because they only select the top officers to become detective or people with high marks." Scar took a sip of her water before taking another bite.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm

The sound of her chuckle made James painfully aware of how hastily he'd been scarfing down his pasta, clearing his throat and willing himself to take more appropriate sized bites, slightly embarassed. "Ah, I see," he replied, staring down at his plate for a moment before back up to Scarlett, a newfound curiosity urging a question from his tongue. He bit down on it, pensive. His head tilted to the side before he released his tongue. "So, what happened to your past partners?" She didn't seem half bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Scar didn't mean to embarrass James about how fast he was eating his food but she just found it to be funny. she was about to take another bit of pasta when Cooke asked about her past partners, Scarlett almost dropped her fork. she looked up from her plate at James " well seeing as this is our first day as partners lets not go there okay?" her eyes were like daggers as she looked at James but the smile on her face would say other wise.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:06 pm

James was caught off guard by her sudden burst of hostility, an iciness digging deep into his veins, a brow raised, and, though it was only for the briefest moment, he found himself returning the same ferocity with his eyes. He tore his gaze from hers as his jaw tensed momentarily, stuffing his mouth with another forkful of spaghetti. A cold silence settled between them, and it chilled him to the bone.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Scarlett knew she should have been nice and just told him what all had happen, but she stubborn nature told her not to give in. she watched as he sent daggers right back at her which only one other person ever did to her...her first partner. they stopped talking for a bit which drove Scar crazy, in an instance scar stood from the table place money on the table that would cover her mean . she looked at James " i got to go. " was all she simply said before heading for the main door and walking out.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm

James glared after the woman as she made a hasty retreat from the restaurant before releasing a resigned sigh, losing his appetite. Snagging the waiter's attention, he said, "Check, please." He'd quickly paid for their meals and left the restaurant. Well,we're off to a great start. Dread sat heavy in his chest at the realization he'd have to face her again, as there lunchbreak was nearly over, and now they were partners. He made his way back to the precinct, slumped into his office chair, and occupied his time with toying with his laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Scarlett was down in the shooting rang taking her anger out on the shooting dummies. " stupid Cooke trying to get in my business" she growled shooting the target in the heart three times and the head twice with a gun before switching to a heavy duty shot out and firing away. up stairs a few police officers were talking near James " I feel bad for who ever set Ramsey off" said one officer " yeah, did you see her shooting just now, she didn't miss her mark once" the other one said " look out the she wolf is here" another warned the two as Scar came off the elevator. she saw James at their desks, Scar gritted her teeth before taking a breath and sitting down at her desk and started working on paper work.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:11 pm

James immediately tensed as Scarlett sat down at her desk, the air so thick with hostility and frustration he found himself choking on it. Biting the inside of his lip, a silent breath slipped through the cracks of his mouth as he ran a hand through his hair. "I-" His sentence was caught short, and he shook his head again, eyes making their way over to his partner. "I didn't mean to make you upset."

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:46 pm

" you should be nice to him he is your partner"" yeah well he was asking way to many personal question way to early". scar argued with her sub-conscious as she worked on the paper work in front of her. she felt his eyes on her as she worked and it made her nervous and a bit uneasy. Scarlett heard something which sounded like him trying to talk, but she took it as nothing until she actually heard him apologize for earlier. Scar looked up form the papers right into James' eyes, she was surprised that he had said sorry and now she felt horrible. she sighed and rested her head on her hands " it's not your fault. i have a short fuse sometimes and you just became my partner today so it caught me off guard when you started to ask all these questions." she looked away from Cooke " im sorry for being so cross with you"
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm

James watched Scarlett as she spoke, keeping his brows from raising in surprise to her apology and forcing the most neutral expression he could muster onto his face. She'd clearly not been used to saying sorry, so he quickly learned to take it as some sort of honor. "Don't worry about it," he said, shaking his head, "I say we just start over." Smiling small, he held out his hand. "I'm James."

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 pm

she could not help but let out a silent sigh of relief as James forgave her. Scar looked at Cooke again as he said lets start over and reintroduced himself to her. she met his eyes and let a smile come cross her face as she tried to relax. " nice to meet you James, I'm Scarlett" she said as she took his hand and shook it.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:41 pm

"Looking forward to working with you," James said, still grinning as he gave her hand a brief shake before releasing his grip. "So, any cases we need to start working on?"

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:11 pm

" like wise" scar said with a bit of a laugh as the shook hands. " well we need look into the recent disturbances between some of the bigger merchant groups in the city . apparently there is a fight about to break out" she said as she pulled up pictures of the groups and the leaders on her computer screen
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:33 pm

What is the rating?
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:48 pm

( its rated mature. why?)
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 pm

James scooted his chair a bit closer and studied the pictures, finding a vague familiarity within one of them. His finger lifted to point at the picture of a stocky man with a tangled beard and plump face, saying, "I think I know that man." Bringing back his hand, he rubbed at his chin involuntarily in a somewhat-cliche way, concentration fixing over his expression. "Has he been involved in any other crimes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:03 pm

scar watched as James scooted his desk chair over so that he could see her screen better. she saw him point out a man he thought he knew." that's Shao Kahn. Hes one of the big guns that imports exotic animals" scar commented as she pulled his record up on the screen.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum