Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open) Empty two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

Post by redhead14 Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Though the outside world was damp and losing its light as the sun set, inside St. Elizabeth hospital was the calm before the storm. everything was calm and quiet that night until the sound of waling sirens came to the staff's ears. bursting through the emergency room doors came a young pregnant woman on a stretcher surrounded by medics. " what happen " called one of the nurses who began to check the vitals " a young couple was on there way here as, she is in labor but were T-boned by a ford f-350 that went through a red light." said the head medic " she only has a few scraps and minor injuries, but the husband is.." just as the medic was about to finish his sentence, a battered and beaten looking man came in through the doors screaming " wheres my wife" the young mans eyes were that of a scared animal. " easy sir we are doing our best but you need to be treated as well." a male nurse tried to comfort him as the main team took his wife to emergency surgery to try and save the life in side of her. hours later the screams of a crying baby could be heard in the hospital.

the cries of an infant child slowly turned into the cries of an alarm clock. "scar your alarm clock is going off its time to get up" said a woman's voice, Scarlett or scar for short groaned as she searched for the alarm clock from underneath the blankets. " just five more minutes ebony" she pleaded, "nope if you don't get up now and get a shower, you won't make it to work on time" ebony stated. scar sighed and slowly sat up rubbing her eyes. it had been twenty-five years since that night no one could ever forget. scar stretched her arms above her head before standing, she looked around her room before heading to the bathroom for a shower. "you know you get a knew partner today remember" ebony chimed in " yeah i know. lets just hope who ever it is is more reliable then the last one" scar commented as she shampooed her dark blood red hair. fresh out the shower scar let her hair air dry as she put on some dark blue skinny jeans and a maroon crew neck. "can you at least try to put a little make up on and maybe be friendly today" ebony almost begged her sister as the red head started to but on her leather boots. scar rolled her bright green eyes "ill but a bit of mascara and maybe some lip gloss but that's it" she said over her shoulder as she head to the kitchen in her loft. the coffee machine beeped at Scarlett, signaling a nice cup of coffee was awaiting to be enjoyed. she grabbed her cup before going over to the french doors, scar opened one door, shutting her eyes she listen to the sounds of the city of amnia. she sighed, moving to this futuristic city was part of her promotion to detective but one could only wondering what adventures were in store. "put some pep in your step scar your gonna be late and chief is not gonna like it" ebony nagged " alright I'm leaving" Scarlett walked back inside and shut the door. she sat the cup of coffee down on the counter before grabbing her bag, gun, car keys, and headed for the door.

the sound of the city was almost like music to scar. watching it wake as the sun kissed it good morning made her smile every morning. upon arriving at the precinct scar readied herself to run in to the police chief, or better known to her and the rest of the precinct chief Mancini. as she entered the building it felt like all eyes were on her. " geez scar what did you do this time" ebony questioned as Scarlett headed for her desk, but before she could sit down or answer ebony the chief came out of his office " Ramsey, it's about time you showed up" called Mancini. Scarlett turned and smiled at her boss " hey boss, there was a bad traffic jam" she said as she went to get a cup of coffee " a traffic jam, what are you talking about Ramsey " Mancini crossed his arms still standing in the door way of his office "oh you know the traffic jam when all the guys from precinct 649 are all trying to get donuts" she sipped her coffee while the other officers laughed at her joke. " very funny Ramsey, but hurry up and get in here" Mancini almost ordered before turning and heading back into his office. she rolled her eyes " yes master" she said under her breathe before heading into the chiefs office. "Ramsey this is your new partner try to get along" the chief said as she entered. scar looked from Mancini into the eyes of her new partner.

Last edited by redhead14 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open) Empty Re: two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:05 pm

James Cooke

A silent sigh pushed its way through the cracks of his lips as he eyed the police station, of which was now his current location of employment, with wariness, anxiety seeming to take sport in poking at his nerves, provoking an apprehensive stir to churn in his stomach. First day on the job. Should be interesting. Not long ago, James'd earned his bachelor's degree in psychology, holding it proud and firm in the hands that were now slick with sweat. Though not necessary, it would likely aid him in his pursuits in landing a career as a detective. Being nervous, though, wouldn't.

With a shake of the head, he wiped his hands on his slacks and strode through the doors with the best posture he could muster, offering a small smile to the glances of curious eyes and perked brows, and returning the nods that occasionally were thrown his way from perhaps the more friendly workers. His anxiousness only built by each fall and lift of his stride, eventually getting to the point where he had to scold himself about how he must keep his emotions under control if he's going to be a detective, brows furrowed momentarily in frustration at himself as he rubbed the bone between his eyes with his index finger and thumb, eyes shut tightly. Peeking out from beneath his brows, he caught sight of his new boss's name engraved into a plate near a door, and he hastily straightened himself before taking a deep breath and walking in.

"Welcome, Mr. Cooke," Chief Mancini greeted with a broad smile, getting from his seat and approaching James to extend his hand.

"Chief Mancini," he said, nodding, with an equally bright smile as he gripped the man's hand and shook it.

"It seems you've made it here before your partner," Chief Mancini said quietly, as if it was more to himself than James.

James, a bit confused, raised a brow before clearing his throat. He'd never gotten word he'd be paired up with a partner. In honesty, he was a bit disheartened at hearing it, since he was never too fond of working in groups. However, he had never been involved in a one-on-one cooperation, so he had no idea of the waters he was about to venture into. "I'm sorry, sir?"

"I'll go get her." And with that, Chief Mancini left the room, leaving James to heave a heavy exhale. Running a hand through his hair, he allowed his deep-chestnut eyes to flicker around the office in search of something that would capture his attention. Nothing. The boom of laughter sent his gaze to fly at the door, opening to see Mancini leaned against its frame as he talked to someone. He then turned and made his way back into the office, commenting as a woman entered not too long after he, introducing James as her new partner.

Giving a nod and a faint smile, James extended his hand. "James Cooke."

[Hope this is all right. <:]

Back to top Go down

two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open) Empty Re: two of a kind: you are always on my mind. ( rated m, open)

Post by redhead14 Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 pm

watching as her so called new partner stretched out his hand towards her addressing himself as a James Cooke, she looked him over from head to toe. " Scarlett Ramsey" scar shook his hand, " scar he's super cute!" ebony squealed in excitement. Scar smirked slightly at her sisters remark before releasing James's hand, turning towards chief Mancini she gave him almost a looking as to say really this is my partner. the other officers of this precinct liked to call Scarlett the red ace. Scar lived up to the nickname, having the best shot in the area, but there is more to the story of that nickname then just her shot. she was a very likable person but more relied on herself than other people.

Chief Mancini cleared his throat catching the eyes of the two in his office. he looked at James as he spoke " now that you both have met, i will fill you in a little bit about Ramsey" he looked at her with stern yet gentle eyes. Scar place a hand on her hip as she awaited for her intro from Mancini. " well what can i say about her. she's sarcastic, bossy, and above all has a temper." chief Mancini closed his eyes and sighed " but she has the best shot in our area, so be careful not to spark that temper or get in her line of fire." he smiled slightly before scar spoke " awh i knew you had a soft spot for me" she teased.

chief Mancini looked at Ramsey " try to get along with your partner this time" he stood from behind his desk " Ramsey show Cooke here around our precinct and show him to his desk please." Scar removed her hand form her hip " ill try to play nice" she said as she headed for the door " come on Cooke" she called over her shoulder as she walked out of the office., waiting for James to join her

" Good luck Cooke, you'll need it." chief Mancini said before sitting again to work on some paper work.

( it was perfect. i'm trying to betray Scarlett as having a tough exterior, but as the story progressive it will disappear )
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 pm

James nodded as she introduced herself, opening his mouth to speak but his words caught in his throat as another woman exclaimed about his appearance, making him shift uncomfortably before forcing a smile and saying, "Thank you." His head inclined to Chief Mancini at the sound of his voice, and he gave a brief summary of Cooke's new partner's persona, giving a warning as to not tick her off, and he nodded slightly without any objection. The chief's comment towards Scarlett about her behavior towards her partner caused a brow of James' to raise, curious as to what she'd treated her past-partner like. He knew well to hold his tongue about the matter, and left his question unsaid.

James gave a glance over to his boss before following Ramsey, hastening to get to her side. He gave her a sidelong glance and sighed quietly. "So, have you been here long?"

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:36 pm

( her sister ebony is in her head. i know it is weird but its a plot twist i have in mind )
Scarlett looked at James asked about how long she had here. " I've been at this precinct for about three or four years now, but I've been a cop since I was about nineteen." she answered him as she led the way towards their desks. " this is our little area" scar pointed to the two desks facing each other. James's desk was empty with just a desk chair, a light, and a mac computer. were as Scar's had was a bit crowded. there was paper work, a picture of her parents and her when she graduated from college, another picture of a blood bay stallion, her mac computer with sticky notes all over it and of course the standard lamp.

" now that you've seen where you mostly will never find me, it's time to show you my favorite spot" Ramsey motioned for Cooke to follow her as she started towards an elevator. " so tell me what led you to want to become a cop?" she asked as she waited for the elevator before the familiar ding rang out. Scar entered the elevator waited for James to enter then pressed the basement button " there are roughly three levels to this place. level two is where we keep the jail birds over night if need be, level one where we just were and where our desk's are..." as she was about to finish her sentence the elevator stopped moving and dinged once again. a smiled appeared on her face yet again " an the best of all the basement where the gun range is. its also where i am most of the time" she said before stepping out into the air of bullet smoke. the basement was well ventilated and sound proof. scar waved to some officers and went to the desk. " hey Marty this is James Cooke my new partner. can you get him his gun i want to see how he shoots." she winked at the older gentleman named Marty with greying hair as she headed towards a stall and pulled her gun from her hip and started shooting.

Marty looked at James after retrieving a new gun. " here's your gun and your badge. chief had it sent down here knowing Scarlett would bring you here" Marty laughed " good luck with her, she has her mothers Irish temper but she is usually levelheaded, but just in case don't stand in front of her gun" Marty advised just as Ramsey shot four bullets in a row to the bulls eye on the targets head.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

[Ohh, my bad.]

James couldn't stop his brows from raising as she gave her response, faint surprise catching him a bit off guard, though he supposed he should of expected her level of experience to be fairly high since both her and her shot had been exalted so greatly, so it seemed. Before she spoke again, he shook his head and forced his expression back into neutrality, gaze skimming over his new work station briefly before it whipped back towards Scarlett at her question, taking a moment to gather the words for an answer before replying.

"I've always had a sense for justice, I suppose." He shrugged and looked towards the elevator. "No sad backstory, no hunger for revenge..." Allowing his words to trail off, he stepped into the elevator at the sound of its ding. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as she told him about the gun range, finding himself eager to curl a finger around the trigger of a gun and let fire. He followed closely behind as she led him from the elevator and into the basement and waved a hand to clear the smoke from his face, stifling back a cough. Elation stirred in his chest as his partner told an older man sitting behind a desk to retrieve James's new gun, a wide grin smacking on his face as the man held it and his badge out from him to grab, of which he did without hesitation.

His thumb brushed over his badge as the man warned him about minding his behavior around his new partner, and he chuckled. "So I've been told," he said before sliding the medal into his pocket, "I'll try my best." James started off towards the shooting range with a broad smile as he studied his new pistol, but it soon faltered as his eyes lifted and settled on the sight of Scarlett's perfect shots. Impressive. Heaving a heavy breath, he halted and turned to face the targets, shifting his feet to be a shoulder width apart as he raised the weapon and wrapped both hands around its handle. His finger toyed with the trigger while he stilled his breathing, focused. Three blaring pops and the smell of gun smoke signaled he had fired, landing a shot in the dab center of the bullseye, and the other two not too far off. Not quite as skilled as Ramsey's, but it gave him a sense of satisfaction, nonetheless.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Scarlett let out a silent breath after shooting. a smiled appeared across her pinkish lips, this was were scar felt most at ease. she heard the sound of foot steps and saw it was her new partner James. scar put her gun in its hustler on her hip before stepping back to watch James shoot.her light green eyes trailed over his posture as he readied himself to take his first shot at the target. scar watched as James let off three rounds, she would not own up to it just yet but this James guy had a pretty decent shot. " you know if you keep your shoulder up the entire time you are shooting you will hit the bulls eye every time" she said as she stood close behind him and moved his shoulder and arm up. " don't tense up some much either relax" scar said almost him his ear as she place her hand over his on the trigger and fired three round straight into the head of the target. she smiled and patted him on the shoulder " you'll get there" she teased with a smirk before turning to look at the clock " hey it's about lunch time wanna go get something to eat" she asked Cooke. scar thought that she might as well try to get along with her new partner as chief said this was the last one the force was gonna give her.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 pm

James gave a nod at her advice, a brow raising in silent question at her closeness as she guided his gun, relaxing his muscles the best he could before she curled his finger over his and let fire three times, brows perked as he found they had all hit directly on the target's head. Shaking his head to rid himself of his daze, he slid his gun into its holster and inclined his head to look at Scarlett. It'd taken him a moment to reply to her offer since it'd come so unexpected, but he offered a slight smile and nodded. "I could eat," he replied, "There's a new Italian restaurant a few blocks from here, and I've heard its not half bad."

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm

" that works" scar replied before turning to start walking towards the elevator. she let out a small sigh of relief before pushing the elevator call button, scar was never good with people even though she got along with everyone. she especially was and still to this day was not good with guys especially ones she found to be attractive.once the elevator came scar got on and waited for Cooke, once he got on she pushed the button for the main floor " so are you from around here or what brought you to the city" she asked trying to make small talk.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:12 pm

James followed promptly behind Scarlett, turning to face the doors when he made it into the elevator. At her question, he inclined his head her way. "I was born & raised in Paliwan," he replied, a small smile taking form on his lips fondly at the memories, "An interesting city, certainly. I chose to leave since those who aren't looking to become a merchant or guard don't have much of a future there, and normally become little more than beggars. And I wanted change. So, I decided to move to Amnia, and I'm glad I did. Amnia's also rich with crime, so that's a bonus. Not for the criminal's victims of course, but..." Allowing his words to trail off, he shook his head. "How about you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:30 pm

scar listened as James told her a little bit about his up raising, she smiled to herself when she saw him smile at remember his child hood. " well my parents were from Paliwan. my father was born and raised in a merchant family and followed in his fathers foot steps, but as for my mother, she was an artist and danced in her spare time to earn more money. they fell in love at first sight and before they knew it were pregnant with me. so like any parent with a baby on the way they wanted to move to a bigger city, Amnia of course. but not even a month moved in my father and mother were in a bad car accident that caused my mother to loose my twin sister she was pregnant with as well. so i grew here in Amnia and knew i always wanted to be a cop, it just always felt right to me" scar snapped form her little story and laughed nervously before hearing the elevator bell ring and the doors open.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:58 pm

James opened his mouth to offer a comment, but the words were left unsaid as the ding of the elevator rung, and he exited. "Well, you make a good cop, from what I hear," he said and grinned a bit wider. Reaching the door, he held it open until she passed, then continued on toward the Italian restaurant. Allowing his gaze to trail off towards the sidewalk, he stuffed a hand in his pocket. "Where do you normally eat?" he asked, lifting his eyes to meet back with Scarlett, "I'm still a little lacking when it comes to knowing good places to eat at in Amnia."

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Scarlett blushed lightly at his comment about being a good co, she cleared her throat " thanks" she said soft as she walked through the door James held open for her.as they walked down the street scar watched around her as people walked the sidewalks and cars filled the streets, she loved the sounds of this lively city. she listened as Cooke asked where she normally ate around here, " to be honest i don't eat out a lot. i like to cook a lot so i don't see a point in eating out plus it saves money" she laughed " but there are a few hole in the wall places i go that have amazing food like there is an amazing Chinese restaurant a few blocks form my loft and then there's this cafe that makes really good sandwiches"
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:21 pm

"I'll have to check them out, then," James said, giving a toothy grin before directing his gaze forward. So far, Scarlett hadn't seemed unpleasant in any way towards him, of which was a tad surprising given how many warnings he'd been issued, but soon decided it was best to remain grateful, and solely grateful. Maybe she isn't half bad after all. As they approached the restaurant, James once again held the door open for his partner before proceeding forward. Within instants of their arrival, they were greeted by a hostess, a few menus in hand with an only slightly polite expression painted on her face.

"Two?" she questioned, eyes flickering between them both. James responded with a "Yeah", and she started off through the restaurant, weaving through occupied tables to set a couple of menus & silverware wrapped in white cloth down at a vacant booth. His eyes skimmed the restaurant, realizing right away how packed it was before he sat with a silent release of breath and opened his menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Scarlett simply nodded at James response. she was trying her hardest to get along with James, there were many reasons as to why scar could not keep a partner for long. one being they had to be on her level or pretty close to it, two her temper and lack of patients go her into trouble and fights with her several of her past partners and thirdly the reason why she could not hold a partner was because she was the so called alpha female lone wolf so to speak of the precinct. she received that nick name after a drug raid went badly with her first partner and after that scar never got along well with others as partners.

reaching the restaurant James held the door open for her once again, scar smiled and entered. once seated scar started to look over them menu then look up at James " its a bit busy but it looks like a nice place" sh commented before looking around the restaurant.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Smiling, James glanced up at Scarlett. "If the food's half as good as I've heard, it'll make up for it," he assured before redirecting his gaze to the menu, stomach rumbling at the very notion of food. He took extra care to keep his mouth from opening in fear of drooling, soon deciding upon a meal he wanted. Closing his menu, he studied Scarlett for a moment. "I never did ask what motivated you to become a cop."

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Scarlett smiled and nodded in agreement before looking over the menu again. she finally pick what she wanted to eat, scar loved Italian and Chinese food so for James to pick this place to eat was already a plus for him. she heard him ask why she wanted to be a cop, she sighed and but down her menu and returned his gaze. " well my father as i told you was a merchant and had a lot of guards around all the time and they treated me like a little sister. i learned to shoot a gun at the age of seven and learned mix material arts at nine. you could say i was raised to be a cop" she said with a laugh " i loved the idea of protecting the innocent and solving crime, but when i was 15 i was held at gun point by one of my fathers competitions son so my father would back out of a sale of a new trading boat. i fought back and ended up getting myself and my father right hand man shot." scar pulled her shirt down a little showing the scar from a bullet right above her heart " i got lucky but that just fueled my fire even more to become a cop you could say" she laughed moving her shirt back into place
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:43 pm

James found himself at loss for words. He was always terrible at offering condolences, and he figured a simple "I'm sorry to hear that" wouldn't suffice.

"You're a tough woman," he said honestly, a wide-grinned waiter approaching the table as soon as the words left his lips.

"Hi, my name's Ryan, and I'll be your server." He retrieved a pad and pen from his array of apron pockets. "What can I get for you tonight?" Ryan looked at Scarlett as he clicked his pen and held its point close to the pad, awaiting her order.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:50 pm

" thanks, you have to be tough in this city" she commented as the waiter came to their table." hi, uhm i think i will get the chicken parm" scar said with a smile before handing her menu to the waiter. she looked over at James as it was his turn to order.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 pm

"And I'll have water & spaghetti, please," James said, handing the waiter his menu before he scribbled a few words onto his pad, dipped his head, and disappeared. James' looked back over to Scarlett, fingers toying with the fabric of his napkin, and he cleared his throat. "So, are there any.. interesting stories you could tell me about your time on the job?" he asked, a grin making its way onto his lips.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 pm

as soon as James asked if scar had any stories, her mind flashed back to when she lost her partner. Scarlett's heart sped up at the memory, she looked up at James and plastered a smile on her face " uhm well,nothing out of the usually. you know just solving drug deals and murders" she rubbed the back of her neck revealing a tattoo on her wrist. at fist glance one would think it was a scar since it was in white ink, but on closer inspection it was indeed a tattoo of a date in roman numerals.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:18 pm

James studied Scarlett as she spoke, curiosity sparking within him as she itched the back of her neck, sleeve crawling up to reveal a scar-like mark on her skin, though he knew it wasn't. He considered questioning her about it, but decided to save his inquisitions. For now. "Are murders pretty frequent here?"

[Should I switch up James' persona a bit? Or is he fine as he is?]

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 pm

" they become more frequent when the merchants start to come with goods to offer the big time buyers, but other then that there are enough to keep police busy and on our toes" scar commented. her previous partner before James and her were dealing with a hit and run just two months ago. she looked at James " so where are you living in the city?" she asked, if you looked over the city it was divided into about 5 sections and some were better than others to live and work in.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm

"The eastern," he replied, before returning the question with, "You?" The eastern section of Amnia was pretty plain; crime rate was moderately average & nothing too exciting ever occurred there, though he'd only been here for a short time.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm

" i live in the north eastern section" scar answered. this section of Amnia was middle upper class. it was thanks to her father that Scarlett lived there. it was almost like a large gated community so nothing serious ever really happen there. that was another reason why scar become a police in this city to see some action. their food arrived after scar stated which section she lived in, " thank you" she said to the waiter as she food was set down.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next