Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1

Go down

Do You Want Me To Post More Chapters??? (Please Read Story First)

The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap50%The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap0%The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap50%The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1 Empty The Dash For Cash: Chapter 1

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 am

"Very good, Ashley, very good." My trainer petted Sunny on the neck, then walked back to her chair outside the ring. "Do a couple of figure eights, then cool her off. Don't forget, it's your turn to muck tonight." I groaned, but inwardly, I didn't really mind. Every rider at Desert Springs Stables took their weekly duty of mucking, feeding, and grooming as an honor. Where else could you ride top quality horses, get private schooling, and be less than 10 minutes away from the most famous racetracks in the world? I stroked Sunny's coat, gleaming with sweat, and took her around the ring at a brisk jog, turning her in an hourglass motion across the center. The jumps I had just completed were impressive, some towering to almost four feet. Sunny's owners would be pleased.

Checking Sunny's heart rate, I decided one figure eight was enough, and hopped off. She tried to bite me as I undid her cinch, but I was firm, and she relented, though her ears still tipped back. Leading her out of the arena was another problem. For such a great jumper, Sunny could be a royal pain. I took her the long way to the gate, so she wouldn't try to jump the poles set up in the middle of the ring. I had already learned that lesson. The hard way. By the time I reached the gate, Jordan Blair, my trainer, had already opened it for her next rider. Chelsie.

"Hello." I muttered, eager to get out of the ring. Chelsie said something incomprehensible, though it probably was something like "trailer trash" or "geek freak". How sweet of her. My soaring emotion from Sunny's amazing pattern was blocked out like a cloud blocks the sun. A cloud covered in lipstick and designer labels. As I passed, her Arabian mare, Chec Mi Out, flicked her tail in my direction. Poor Mia. I silently promised her a bucket of carrots for later, and walked past Chelsie without another word.

Back in the stables, I hosed Sunny off, watching her gratefully tip her head back and embrace the water. She pulled her lips back to reveal a line of uneven, yellow teeth, and I laughed. I could bet a million dollars that Skip, one of the grooms, had trained her to do that. He had an incredible sense of humor, and no one knew which horse would be doing tricks next. Sunny could already; sit down, paw the ground 10 times, snatch apples from five feet away using only a toothpick (I never quite figured out how), and smile. Satisfied she was soaking enough, I turned off the hose and walked her back to the crossties. I took all the excess water off with a sweat scraper and put Sunny's blanket on. Just as I was turning to put her in her stall, Chelsie and Mia came in from the ring. Poor Mia was soaked with sweat, and you could tell where Chelsie had used her whip on Mia's croup. The girl looked at me with distaste, handed me Mia's reins, and stormed off. I was glad. It may take me half and hour to nurse Mia, but it was better than intrusting her care to Chelsie. Besides, I was getting paid.

This is only part of Chapter 1. If you guys like it, I'll write more chapters and post them. Just put yes or no in the poll. -Cowgirl_Up

Back to top Go down