Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Render......

Go down

Render...... Empty Render......

Post by ××Eris×× Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Render...... Kibawo13

name; render

breed: a mutt between a dire wolf, timber, canadian, grey, and even some arctic

color: black

eye color; cyan

markings: moon scar

personality:

How many did I kill?
Alone with my guilt I sit there
Shivering

How many will look at me with eyes filled with hate?
Or worse, fear?
Will I be an outlaw in my own land?

Coldness wraps its self around me like a cloak
Insulating me from the outside world
I just shrug off the guilt and pain
Hide it away in a small corner of my mind

I become hard as stone
My heart as cold as an icy dagger
My eyes could cause frostbite
But inside I was burning

I yearned to let my emotions out
To be a loving person
But my job wouldn’t let me do that

Being a warrior in this land
Means being alone

Story:
Render had a loving family, a loving pack, a loving world. He was born into peace and joy, he was accepted to this earth with a joyous celebration. He wasnt the only one in his litter, he had two brothers and two sisters. His family was of a lowly rank, but Render and his siblings took no notice. They lived their puppy days to the fullest and took no notice when things started to change. The land was getting cold and bitter even in the warm months and his pack was getting skinny and malnourished. But the pups always had enough to eat. The land turned desolate and gray, the pups still refused to take notice. Famine and disease was spreading quickly through the valley in which the tightly knit pack lived and started strike close to home. The adults of the pack decided that they needed to move to a new land, a haven of sorts. They started to travel immediately and were making promising progress. but when the pack stopped to rest in a vast forest that evening, there was a feeling. A taint in the air, something was terribly wrong and the pups seemed to be the only ones that took notice. They shook it off as a fear of new places and settled down to sleep. And eventually, each of them drifted off.
In the dead of night, Render was jolted awake with the sense that something was missing. A heavy mist had descended and he could only barely make out the small shapes of his litter mates laying beside him. He sniffed the air cautiously and smelled somthing odd. He coulndt place the scent, but he could still sense that it wasnt natural. Render stood and looked around the forest, there was no sound tonight. Not even the gentle creaking of trees in the wind. the air was stagnant and stale, carrying a strong sense of foreboding and doom. Render took fleeting glances in each direction and saw nothing wrong, but the feeling wouldnt go away. He layed back down but stayed awake. But soon, the air was filled with a sweet singing and his eyelids drooped. Then against his will, Render fell asleep.
he awoke the next morning groggy and off balance. He stood and noticed the mist was gone. He sighed a breath of relief and looked down at his sleeping sisters and brothers that were slowly awakening. He stretched and yawned and started to clean his paws. Then one of his sisters let loose a scream of pure terror. He looked up at her, asking what was wrong. She just raised a shaky paw to the place where the pack had once been. There were indentations in the earth where their sleeping bodies had pressed into the soil, but the pack wasnt there. Render started to panick, they wouldnt have left them, it wasnt possible. Never would the pack have left the pups without alerting them first. One of his brothers, the oldest, just smiled and said something about the pack playing hide-and-seek. Render nodded numbly and followed as his brothers lead the pups into the forest to find the pack members.
They searched for hours along the forest floor and when the sun started to dip low in the sky, the pups started to worry and panic. had the pack left them for dead? No, not possible. A bird cry interrupted the the thoughts of the pups and they looked up. What they saw was so horrifying that they couldnt scream, they couldnt gasp, they couldnt even breathe. The bodies of the pack were hanging from the branches of trees. Ropes were tied around their necks and their necks were bent at such angles that the pups knew that they were broken. One of his sisters murmured a soft cry of 'Mom? Dad?' when her calls werent answered, she increased her words in volume and tried again and again until she ended up screaming their names through blinding tears. She refused to believe that they were dead. One of the brothers stepped foreward and comforted the sister. But Render couldnt tear his eyes from the bodies of his pack - his family - suspended above the ground. Render and his siblings continued to watch as their friends and family hung from the boughs.....

Time passed and the pups grew into adults. The sister who had noticed the parents were gone grew into a beautiful femme with a red-black coat of long, silky fur. She is defensive and suspicious. Her name is Raze. The sister that had screamed for her family as they hung above the forest floor transformed into a lovely big boned creature of a gray coloring with multiple scars, for she fought constantly with others to try to help her handle her rage at losing her family. She is spiteful and agressive. Her name is Nyra. The brother who had fearlessly walked into the forest evolved into a huge, black, bulking mass of fur and muscle. He is sarcastic and hateful. His name is Cain. The brother who had stepped foreward to Nyra in the forest to help stifle her cries and lend comfort turned into a large, lanky wolf with a thick tawny coat. He is somewhat gentle but is mostly joking and mischevious. His name is Kronos.
But Render... Render grew into a handsome, tall and statuesque wolf with a tangle of black fur. After seeing his family swinging dead from the trees, Render turned cold and unfeeling. He lets no one see his pain, thinking that emotion is a weakness. He turned to a stone. His only focus is keeping his rag-tag family together and keeping them safe, no matter what the cost.
Render had a loving family, a loving pack, a loving world. Too bad he couldnt see past that loving world into reality.

(poem hosted on deviantart. by mydepression8. thank you!
pic by the tyro, also on deviantart. you are amazing! thanks!)
××Eris××
××Eris××
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

http://nightworldscreams.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Render...... Empty Re: Render......

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:55 pm

(Is he evil?)

Back to top Go down

Post by ××Eris×× Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:32 pm

no. did you read the story?
××Eris××
××Eris××
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:05 pm

sweet eris:) cool picture too.

Back to top Go down

Post by ××Eris×× Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:40 pm

thanks. and the picture was done by The Tyro on deviantart. she is amazing!!
××Eris××
××Eris××
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:35 pm

(never mind...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:15 pm