Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up In The Old West

Go down

Up In The Old West Empty Up In The Old West

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Welcome to the old west!! Feel free to start!

Back to top Go down

Up In The Old West Empty Re: Up In The Old West

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Kate~
I sat atop my big beautiful liver chestnut Quarter Horse mare with a smug look. I tipped my cowboy hat to the nearest cowboy and then fanned off. We were about to drive our big herd of cattle back to the ranch for branding. The ground is soggy and the cows are tense. They know it's about to come. I watched as my group of cowboys and cowgirls took their places. I spotted my favorite cow in the whole herd. I called her Blazer, but technically she had no name. I smiled. It was time. Yanking hard on the reins, I made my mare rear. Her ears flicked foward and she knew what her job was. She let out a high pitched whinny and we flew off the large rock overlooking the valley. The sounds of hooves brought a smile to my face and I whipped my mare. Her ears flattened against her rough mane and her legs pounded against the earth. I let out a loud yell and grinned. I loved my job.

Melody~
I stood calmly on the large cliff. My big eyes carefully took in the scene. Every so often I was chosen as the lead mare. But as I grew older, I became my masters favorite. I obey her every command, and do it with joy in my step. I quivered, getting tense and excited for the big driving of the cows. Suddenly I felt the reins jerk and I threw up my head in a rear. My jaws parted and a loud noise floated through the valley. I felt my masters spurs jab me in the sides, and I lept from the cliff. Quickly I scrambled down the side, and then jumped after the cows. My head low and my ears flat against my head, I leveled out. My legs heated up as they flew back and forth, sending myself flying foward. I saw the other cowboys and cowgirls horses and nickered to them, though I was sure I wasn't heard through the sound of the cows. My heart pounded as I raced after the cows, driving them further down the valley.

Blazer~
I stood with all my friends, milling around the small valley. This is where we went during the fall and winter, to have our calves. I gave a loud moo and glanced up at the human and her horse. I was awfully fond of the two. Suddenly I saw the horse coming at us, and everyone starting pushing me. I let out another moo and started to run with them, my small but thick legs carrying me fast. My large ears flopped back and forth as I was pushed in between cows and bulls and calves. Luckily I was not bred. For a while I had lost the herd of cows. But of course I found them, and didn't have a calf. I was sure the humans wouldn't be happy with this, but I was. I glanced around, my eyes wide.

(Kate and her horse- http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/023/2/6/Cowgirl_climbing_Hill_by_FineEquine.jpg
(Blazer- http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/281/2/f/Getting_Checked_Out_by_Neriah_stock.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:58 pm

~Jack~
I unhitched Crimson from the post and hopped on his back, scaring away the horse-flies. I kicked his withers and we went off and out of town. On the way home I noticed a woman, herding her cattle.
~Crimson~
I watched the cattle then finally noticed the graceful mare, her hoof beats racing as fast as my heart beats. I let out a snort and whinny to get her attention.
~Jack~
I ride over to the female and tip my hat. "Would you need any assistance with that, ma'am?" I asked, now taking off my head, revealing my sweaty head full of hair.
~Crimson~
I obey my human and gallop over to the horse and owner. I neighed just to get her attention and pawed my hoof at the ground.
(i havent made their bios yet Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:42 am

Kate~
I slowed my mare as the cows started to settle into an easy walk. I saw the man out of the corner of my eye and smiled to him. I yelled at a few cows that lagged behind and was suprised to see that he had come foward. "Why thank you, kind sir." I tipped my hat.

Melody~
I spotted the stallion and blinked. I tripped and then shook my head and looked away quickly. I felt Kate pulling on the reins and spotted a few cows trying to run off and lag, and ran after them. When I trotted back to my normal position, I noticed the stallion and his human had come closer. My ears flicked back and I returned his whinny with a soft nicker.

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:18 am

{Mind if I come in?}
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 pm

(yea sure Very Happy come on in)
~Jack~
"Any time." I said and I smoothly put my brown hat on my almost sun burnt head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Can i ply a wolf shifter and her horse?))

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:42 pm

~Sierra
Lightning picked his way easily over the rough terrain, his chestnut ears pricked forward, Mustang body muscled. It was hard to believe that not even a year ago he had been brought in from living out on the range as a four-year-old stallion. I was a trainer on a mustang ranch. We were the ones that kept track of the mustangs roaming around out here, and a few times a year we rounded them up. Some we trained and sold, others we adopted out, and the rest we sent back out to live back out on the range. Lightning stopped suddenly, pulling his head up, nostrils flared. I rubbed his neck, talking quietly to calm him. Tossing his head slightly, he let out a loud, high pitched whinny, the sound echoing slightly over the land. Tightening my legs slightly around his barrel, he began moving forward once more, ears pricked forward to the extreme. He tugged at the reins and I nudged him into a smooth, long-strided trot, sitting deep in the Western saddle and posting slightly to make the ride a little more comfortable. Weaving through the brush, I slowed Lightning back to a walk as a group of cows and a few horseback riders came into view, letting him extend his gate into a free, long walk.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm

(sry, no shapeshifters Razz)
~Jack~
I hear another horse's call. I patted Crimson's neck, allowing him to answer.
~Crimson~
I nodded and neighed back, loud and clear, making sure the other horse heard me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Kate~
I kept my eyes on the cows, my eyes intent. I wouldn't mind a few cowboys coming to help, but I wouldn't tolerate any nonsense. I felt my mares muscles tense and I jerked on the reins, daring her to reply the whinny. I looked up and caught sight of the human and her horse. I gave a friendly wave before moving on.

Melody~
My ears pricked foward as I heard the two horses exchange greetings. I raised my head, my ears strained to catch another noise. I felt my master pull on the reins and knew it would be shunned if I replied. So I lowered my head and kept my eyes on the cows, watching for any stragglers. My ears swiveled around curiously, looking for the other horses and their positions.

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 pm

~Sierra
I felt Lightning tug at the reins, ears pricked in the direction of the cows. He tossed his head, trying to snatch at the bit. Crossing the right rein over the left, I pulled Lightning in a counterclockwise circle, getting his attention back on work, not play or the other animals. Seeing the girl wave, I gathered the reins in one hand, lifting my arm up in a wave back before letting it drop and stroking Lightning's neck, running my fingers over the brand on his crest on the left side.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:22 am

~Jack~
I followed the woman on her horse, hearding her cattle. I ride beside her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Kate~
I watched the woman for a moment and grinned politely when she waved back. I spotted a cow start to wonder off and sighed to myself. Carefully I shifted in the saddle, and I felt Melody jerk underneath. Suddenly we were flying towards the straggler in a cloud of dust. My mare quickly had the cow back off with the rest. Quickly I pulled her back into position behind everyone and glanced upwards. The sun was starting to set, and soon the cows and horses would need a rest. "We'll need to find a place to bed dow' for the nigh'!" I called ahead.

Melody~
My nostrils flared as I gazed up at the beautiful horse. I noticed my master interacting with his rider, and wondered, almost hoping, they'd come down to help. I frowned, seeing her pull the big horse away. Suddenly I was jerked back into reality as I felt my master pulling roughly on the reins. I tossed my head at the harshness in her hands and then realized one of the cows was getting too far off. My ears flattened and I quickly galloped over, nipping out and carefully guiding it back. Master tugged on the reins, though her hand was soft this time. Facing reality I gave the horse another glance before taking my place behind the cattle.

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:59 pm

~Sierra
I nudged my legs tighter around my horse's stomach, urging him forward a little farther up the hill. Glancing back down at the others, I saw the other girl and her horse going after the cow, watching how easily the drove it back into the rest of the herd. Leaning forward slightly to help with my horse's balance, I stopped him at the hill, looking over the valley, scouting the area.\

~Lightning
Almost unwillingly I turned away from the horses and cows, wishing I could run right in the middle of them, scattering them before pushing them back together in a group. Shaking my head, I stopped, swinging my head back to look at the cows, horses, and riders, shifting my weight off my right back leg.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:12 pm

~Crimson~
I let out a deep snort and trotted to the other human.
~Jack~
"Alright, but where?" I asked and nodded at the same time. I felt my face become drenched with sweat and felt a drop fall off my cheeck. I wiped it all away and grinned. I watched the cattle carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down