Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baley wanders a little to far

2 posters

Go down

Baley wanders a little to far Empty Baley wanders a little to far

Post by Daydreamer Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm

*Baley*

Baley shook her white mane as she walked through the rocks, unsteadily keeping her footing. She had wandered away from the herd two suns ago, and now was complety lost. Her young stallion son had just left the herd, she missed him dearly and now was in her second heat but she had gotten lost before the lead stallion could mate with her. She found a sturdy spot on the rocks and nosed around looking for something to eat until she came to a strange looking plant she started to lower her head to eat it.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Baley wanders a little to far Empty Re: Baley wanders a little to far

Post by • Echo Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Smoky

The dark, gray-bodied stallion tipped his elegant head down to the ground, flaring his nostrils at the water of the flowing small lake, or pond as others would call it. Ears flickering, neck arched, Irish-bred body well-toned and standing tall, he lifted my head back up into the air, ears pricked forward. Snorting softly as if to himself, he stepped forward into the liquid, the cool water rushing around his hock. Tossing his head, ears half back, he took another step forward, his forefeet planted in the water. Lowering his head again, he exhaled loudly, ears tipping forward again. Tossing his head head, ears pricking forward again, he began walking forward again, his hooves sending ripples of water skimming away from him with each step, drops of water splashing up, some catching on his chest and muzzle, others flying out and away from him, catching and reflecting the sunlight in millions of miniscule rainbows as they rained back down into the water or onto the bank. Flecks of water dappled his coat with darker patterns, and soon the water was flowing up to his knees as he steadily pushed in deeper. I touched his stomach, his sides and flanks, finally flowing over his back as he pushed off from the last bit of ground, legs striking forward strongly as he began to swim, muscles flowing smoothly. He shoved his nose into the water, flinging his head back up and showering the water with raindrops again. After a few minutes of swimming, his forehoof touched the ground, and he drove it into the mud, pulling himself forward and onto the opposite bank, trotting up and sending water spraying everywhere, tucking his head nearly to his chest. Flinging his head back up, he let out a high pitched whinny, looking around. The mini valley he was in was empty except for him, and he flicked his ears, listening for someone, anyone, other than the other animals. Snorting, softly, he began picking his way up the hill which steadily grew from deep grass to rocks as he went. Finally at the top, he stopped, ears pricked forward, dripping mane hanging across his damp neck. Scanning the rocky terrain that spread out before him, he let out another whicker, higher pitcher, longer, and louder, sounding almost like a whistle this time. Standing still, he waited, nostrils flared, ears cocked to hear all around him, scenting the breeze that flowed towards him.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Baley raised her head and pricked her ears at the sound of a distant neigh, she snorted and scanned the horizon for any signs of another horse. It sounded like the horse was pretty far away, so Baley wasn't bothered. She flicked her tail and kept walking cursing at the rocks where her foot slipped and she fell bruising the front of her leg. She was not built for such a treck on the mountains she looked around again hoping to find her way back to the herd. She heard a neigh again, a stallion. She pinned her ears the sound was closer, and Baley was tought that stray stallions are dangerous and you should stay away from them. She raised her head and neighed loudly back her voice echoing through the rocks, her neigh kind of a warning but her stress and worry was not masked in it. She lowered her head and took another step and winced as her bruised leg stepped on another rock.1
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:17 pm

bump???
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Awh, man, I'm sorry, I've got so many posts that I can't even blink without missing one ^.^

My ears flickered at the responding neigh, hearing the warning in it. But it was strained, a mare's by the pitch and tone, and it sounded like she might be lost or something. Tossing my head, I began my way down the slope, sending rocks tumbling and rolling. Once I reached the bottom I lifted up into a free, long-strided trot, a gait I could keep up for hours, even days if needed, on end. My nostrils flared as I scented the area surrounding me, but there was no sign of the horse, and I wasn't sure if I was even travelling in the right direction. Hesitantly, I sucked in a deep breath of air, letting it out in a shrill whinny, ears half back, listening to the sounds around me as I slowed.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:37 pm

lolz no problem! i really do know that feeling!! its kool

Baley stopped once more when she heard the whine, it sounded much closer. She became nervous as she started to quicken her pace through the rocks. Nearing the edge she lost her footing and fell to her knee's letting out a shrill whine as the rocks beneath her crumbled she quickly stood up and pressed herself to the side of the small cliff she looked down at her knee's which were now not just bruised, but torn and bloody she lowered her head and let out a struggled breath she looked around completly lost now she let out another neigh quieter this time since she didn't have the energy for it
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Haha, alright, thanks xD

I stopped, ears swivelling as I heard another whinny, then a quieter one after that. Stepping forward again almost hesitantly, I made my way towards the calls. Finally I could take in the cliff and scattered rocks, along with the mare pressed up against the cliff. I hesitated again, almost afraid to approach her.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Baley scented the stallion behind her and turned her head quickly to look at him. Her brown eyes nervous, scared and in pain she pressed her ears against her head worried about what he might do to her she pressed herself against the wall more wishing she was back in her herd she turned slightly so that she was facing him. Her knee's wobbily from the fall and she cringed every time she took a step
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:38 pm

~Smoky
I snorted softly, taking a hesitant step towards her. I could tell she was nervous and I wanted to help, but I didn't know how she would respond. Tossing my head, I paused a moment before walking forward again, slowly, head lowered, ears tipped forward.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Baley started to relax knowing that the stallion wasn't going to hurt her, she took a step away from the cliff watching a few more rocks crumble. She turned to the stallion "I seem to be a little lost" she said quietly her sweet voice shaking horribly as she was nervous and scared of the territory around her.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 am

hey just wonderin if u r still gonna post here Smile
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down