Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's An Addiction (Please Reply)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Empty It's An Addiction (Please Reply)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Th-thump --- Th-thump --- Th-thump

Mia could almost hear the horse's hearbeat as she raced on his back, crouched over and focused. Her expression was still as she weaved her mount, Cyberus, through the opponents with several numbers flagging from their sides. She didn't dare pull her whip from her side; she let the horse go its own pace, and once in a while she would kick his sides. She was caught breathless as she inched closer to the finish line, the announcer exclaiming, "Incredible!" She smiled as flashes greeted her at the finish line, the crowd screaming with joy. She couldn't of been happier until---
"Mia! Mia! Wake up! Our boss is going to be so pissed at us," warned her brother, Charles, a jockey, rider of Cyberus. Mia's eyes opened slowly at first, then once she had heard the warning her brother heeded, she scurried out of bed an put on her chore clothes; worn out jeans and a baggy shirt. She rushed outside to greet her boss for the morning. He gave her a raise to the brow and then frowned.
"Why do you look so homely?" he asked impolitely and turned to face my brother Charles in his neat little everyday outfit. "Ah, there you are Charles. Come." Charles followed while Mia stayed behind and went out to the barn. She mumbled beneath her breath for a moment while throwing grain into a bucket, dumping a little into each horse's trough. She gave them water and groomed the ones that needed to be cleaned, then ran her fingers along Cyberus's neck. She was forbidden to ride him since she was only a stable-keep, but oh how she longed to be on his back. She glanced over her shoulder after a creaking noise was made; it sounded much like the barn door opening. And sure enough, there was a visitor here. She greeted them with a warm smile and nodded.

Back to top Go down

It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Empty Re: It's An Addiction (Please Reply)

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 am

Hey mind if I cut in I loooove horse racing? Very Happy

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 am

"Well Frank the reason we have twenty two-year-old's back home is beacuse you wont sell." Ronny said to Frank White. Ronny was the trainer and Frank the owner. I sat in the back seat of the truck with my arm's rested on the leather set's shoulder. I looked at Ronny who shook his head and proped his elbow on the door and loooked out the window rubing his fore head. I was there top stable rider and they broght me along to ride horses when they wanted to buy theme but asked me what I thought first before they perchused one. I pulled the cap down further casting shadow's over my hich cheek bones and leaned back to sit in my seat. The small horse farm was up ahead and Frank was intrested in stalk they had for sale. "The Cyberus colt lives hear Ray." said Frank looking over his shoulder at me. "Shame he an't for sale." He said glancing at Ronny. "I don't care if he end's up winning the Triple Crown we got enough two-year-old's." Ronny mutterd. "They need to be three in order to race in the Triple Crown Ronny." Frank said smiling. "I know that I trained Storm Stride didn't I?" Ronny said refuring to the champion three-year-old. As we pulled into the long drive way we stopped infront of a barn and climbed out. Ronny mutterd but I smiled and got out. I had on my fadded blue jean's and gray T-shirt. Frank had on jean's but a office shirt. We made our way to the barn and Frank went in first. I came to a stop in the door way-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Mia gave out a nervous chuckle followed by an embarassed smile since she appeared some homely. "Hello," she said warmly before nodding a greeting. She glanced at Cyberus who seemed to have his ears half pinned until Charles had walked into the barn. Charles glanced at all the visitors before speaking.
"Hey," he spoke slowly and cleared his throat. "I'm Charles. I suppose you are here to see Cyberus, the horse with no weakness?" He spoke his words kind of tauntingly before chuckling and patting Cyberus on the neck. Mia gave Charles a warning glare before sighing.
"I'm Mia," she said softly before feeling Cyberus's soft muzzle pressed against her cheeck. He snorted and shuffled his feet around the stable, stopping to look at the guests. He bobbed his head and showed his teeth before whinnying softly and pawing at the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 pm

"It's nice to meet you Mia." Frank said with a warm smile. I raised my brow's when the guy said "the horse with no weakniss" evrey horse had one, even Storm Stride. "Hello." said Frank. "I'm Frank White owner of River Bend Stud's, we where intrested in some two or three-year-old stalk this farm has." "You mean you." mutterd Ronny. I smiled a little at the colt but said nothing. "Is the owner around?" asked Frank. I watched the colt paw at the ground, it reminded me of Storm Stride when he was edge on a cool day. I moved a little over to see the colt better Ronny gave me a look but he said nothing. He was keeping to himself of what he thought about the colt but I knew it was good thought's. "If you have any two or three-year-olds for sale?" asked Frank-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:13 pm

"Mr.Moore!" Charles called for their boss, and as he walked in, the boss gave the guests a raise to the brow. "They would like to by some horses; two-three year olds to be specific," Charles said almost in a smart-alecy tone. Mia gave Charles a half-faced smile and looked back at the customers. The boss smiled and patted Charles on the back, moving one step closer to them.
"Why, yes, of course we have horses for sale," Mr.Moore (the boss) said happily before pausing, "In fact, they are right over there; Love's Fool, Great Destruction, Gypsy Soul, Sweet Revenge, Last Stand, and Flipp." He pointed towards the horses and smiled. They were all males and complete thoroughbreds. Mia smiled at them all before nodding respectfully, her eyes locked on Ray for a moment. She chuckled softly and stroked Cyberus's forehead gently.

Love's Fool:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Thoroughbred_Gelding
Great Destruction:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Buckskin_thoroughbred_stallion_hors
Gypsy Soul:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) 1120334380_d876f6e4a1
Sweet Revenge:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Bay_thoroughbred_2_by_venomxbaby
Land Stand:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Stallion_black_thoroughbred_horse
Flipp:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) Off-track-thorougbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Ronny looked all of the colt's over he with out question went into the stall's to feel the leg's and look at there feet. He was very gentle but firm and used a calm but deep voice. "Love's Fool has nice leg's." He said. Frank stood in front of the colt's stall "Nice deep wide chest to." said Frank. "Lot's of room to colect some air when running."
Ronny moved to the next a chestnut Gyspy Soul "Nice little colt but he use more muscle on his rump." Ronny chukled as he patted the colt and looked at it's back leg's. He moved to the next horse Sweet Ravenge. "Now this one has-Ray come over here." He said a little loudly. I walked over to look at the bay. "He's got nice leg's almost flawliss, his back is." He stopped to look at the rest of the colt. He patted Sweet Ravenge "I like this one and Gyspy Soul, the Sweet Ravenge colt." He told Frank quietly. "I like the Love's Fool colt." Frank said. "We can get all three and get there traning in place by the end of the month." Ronny said. I listend to there quiet voices. "It's a lot of money though Frank." Ronny said. I stood and waited. Frank noded and left us at the bay colt's stall and said to Mr.Moore "We would like Ray to ride the three colt's before we dacied if it's ok with you Mr.Moore?" Frank asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Mr.Moore snapped at Mia and she hurried over to the stables. "Of course, of course. Thank you, that will be... Hmm... $50,00?" Mr.Moore said, which was actually a low price for three race horses. Mia hurried and opened up each stable, leading each horse to the new owners on a rope. She kissed each one on the muzzle good-bye before letting a sigh come from her mouth.
"I'm going to miss you guys," she mumbled softly and hugged each horse one last time before handing the ropes to the men. "Here," she said softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 pm

"Well we are not buying right away we want Ray to ride the horses before we buy." Frank said puzzled. "Do you have tack we could use?" Ronny asked. I look at the owner confused "$50,000?" I thought. That seemed really odd. Ronny was acting funny now. "Let's just get this over with and leave." I said to me under his breath. I noded-
The Mia girl seemed upset but somthing was strange about these people. A good thoroughbred race colt went for $20,000 not including blood line's, and the sire or dam's earning's. "Can you show me where the tack is?" I asked Mia. "I can tack theme up myself." I said taking Fool's Love lead. Ronny heald Sweet Ravenge and Gyspy Soul's lead-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Mia smiled lightly and nodded. "Sure thing," she replied to Ray as she grabbed Flipp. The only horse she was allowed to ride was Flipp since he was a really nice colt. She put a bridle on him and tacked him up, standing at the door entrance on Flipp's back while she waited for Ray. "Follow me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm

"I will try to get our tack from our trailer." I said leaving to pull out a light exsercise saddle and bridle with the chest peace out of the lugige compartment. Ronny helped me get Love's Fool tacked up. He made sure the saddle girth was tight enough. He then gave me a boost in the saddle. I fighted my feet into the iron's and gatherd the rien's. My knees rested on the colt's shoulder's. I troted him over to Mia and Flip. I kept a snug hold on the dancing colt and used a soft but firm voice on him. "Lead the way." I said to Mia. "Do you have a traning track?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Mia nodded. "Yeah, we do," she said and smiled, tapping on Flipp's side with her heels. With that, Flipp was off to a canter, and Mia looked behind her to see if Ray was following her. She saw the training track up ahead that was lined with wooden fence. The track stretched flat against the ground and in an oval. She lead Flipp onto the track and waited for Ray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 pm

As we canterd I talked to the colt "Easy big guy." I rode him through the gap in the track rail onto the dirt surface. "I mostly just breez theme three fulong's when we buy." I told her. Ronny and Frank stood at the rail and waved to me. They where ready. I noded and let the colt out starting with a nice gallop. We moved down the stretch nice and easy but as we passed the first quarter pole I let a notch of rein slip through my finger's. I sat crouched low over his wither's and huged close to his neck. As he rolled around the first turn I spoke to him his ear's pricked. I fellt the cool air hit my face along with his wind blown main. As he came down the stretch I caught a glimpse of Ronny saying somthing. He cuped his hand's around his mouth. I looked back between Love's Fool's pricked ear's that framed the seen of the long dirt stretch beafore us.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Mia chuckled and kicked Flipp's side. Flipp's neck arched and curved, then stretched when his legs did. Mia stood in her stirrup and crouched over, holding only by the reins. She soon found herself at Love's Fool's tail, Flipp pulling his head back from the irritance his tail caused when it whipped him in the face. Mia lead Flipp to Ray's side and smirked, seeing the track curve to turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 pm

"This an't no contest kid get off my horse your riding on his shoulder." Not leterly but she was to close to our side, I scowled her. "Crazy kid!" I mutterd. I pressed my nuckles agianst Love's Fool's neck but kept him in a snug hold. I was going buy my order's. "You ever pull anything like that in a real race those steward's will throw your but out the window!" I said to her. I went back to my bussnies and as we rolled around the stretch I called to the colt. "Get on boy!" I called riding in rythm of my hoses stride. He moved over the earth matching stride with Flipp, then he started to pull away. I laughed the colt could move! The third caurter pole apeared-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Mia rolled her eyes but only pushed Flipp on more. "Watch me." she said and kicked at Flipp's side, leaving her in the lead. "And DON'T call me kid!" she hollared over her shoulder as Flipp panted softly, reins flapping on his neck. He thrashed his head around and sprinted faster, his gait even growing as fast to 42 miles per hour. She didn't dare bring out the whip in her belt loop, for Flipp did not need it if he had speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I kept the colt breezing and pulled him up after we passed the third quarter pole. Traning was more about building a horses endurance and speed you just didn't let it run for as long or as fast as it wanted, Ronny would be all over that little trick she pulled. He would have gave her the boot and sent her on her way if she pulled that at River Bend Stud's. I rode the colt over to Ronny, a fast 30 second's the colt's time. Ronny just looked at me and the colt. He talked to me quietly as I told him what I thought about the colt. "He can go distances he was just warming up on that second quarter." I said. Ronny noded but said nothing. He helped me tack up Sweet Ravenge and boost me up in the saddle. I rode the colt onto the track. "We will just take this one and Love's Fool." Frank said to Ronny. "We don't have much room." he said. Ronny noded he said somthing that made Frank laugh and walked over to the track rail.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Mia continued to ride, until Mr.Moore interupted her. "Get off that horse. You don't belong on him," he said with a rude tone as Mia trotted over to him. She dismounted and sighed, Charles leading Flipp back to the stables. Mia walked back with Charles and sighed, Charles grabbing her shoulders.
"Listen to me. You don't want to get hurt," Charles said and hugged Mia before glancing at the other men. Mia nodded and stared down at her feet, Mr.Moore pushing at her side, pressuring her to say something.
"Thanks for buying the horses... We will send you a check later," she mumbled and turned away, not wanting to talk to any of those men. She grumbled beneath her breath and sighed, glancing over her shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm

My I rode up to Ronny and looked at him as I sliped out of the saddle. Frank wrote out the check for both colt's Love's Fool and Sweet Ravenge. I hellped untack the colt and we wraped the bandigse around there leg's and put the shipping boot's on theme along with blancket's. The large shiping trailer was ready and we loaded theme in. Ronny walked around to the side out the truck. I went over to the guy know as Charles "So uh Mia?" I paused "What is with her?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Charles frowned and shrugged. "Mia... Nothing is wrong with Mia," he said and cleared his throat. "Nothing is with her. Sorry if you hadn't noticed, but she has feelings," he narrowed his eyes and walked over to Mia and wrapped his arms around her. "Sis, everything will be alright," he murmured softly into her ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I walked back to the trailer and me and Ronny got the trailer door's closed. As we climbed into the cab of the truck I said "I can't wait to get home." Ronny noded ad Frank started the truck. AS we drove down the road I thought, what a day this was-

River Bend Stud's (a week later)

I stood near Sweet Ravenge, Ronny was going over the colt and Frank was outside. I was galloping the colt all week and he was coming. There where some horses waiting for me at barn seven but I waited tel Ronny gave me his talk about the colt's process. I had a good idea what would be said. A foru quarter gallop would be requested of us. After Ronny told me we might have to put a ring bit on the colt I went to barn seven to see Love's Fool. Visator's where not welcomed in the traning barn unless Frank allowed them. I found a groom cleaning Whiked's stall and talked to him for a minute. After word's I went to Fool's Love stall and looked in to see the colt. "Hey boy." His ear's flicked but his eye's died not open. I went into the stall to rubed the colt's ear's. "Open those big brown eye's and let me know If Ronny is right about you." The colt did not he liked the atention he was getting but was half asleep. "Fine dont." I smiled and patted his neck. His ear's flicked agian as he heard the sound of a candy wraper being opend. He opend one eye then the other. As he lipped the candy from the palm of my hand I laughed. "You will do anything for peperment's wont you."

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:39 pm

While Mr.Moore was busy watching Charles and his trainer work, Mia was cleaning out the stalls. She wiped her forehead and sighed, bring out her cell phone from her pocket. She called Ray to check up on how the horses were doing.
Charles was busy riding Cyberus on the training track, hunched over his back. Cyberus was panting while he followed the way of the track. He was a very swift horse, and he was sure be to be a champion in no time. He was a slender, lean, mean, racing machine. He was short, though, but he sure had enough speed packed for two large horses. He snorted and threw his head up as Charles told him to stop.
Charles and Cyberus:
It's An Addiction (Please Reply) 3647419635_d912c04063

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:49 pm

The colt ate the treat and Ronny came by "We got out eye on a maiden race for him." He said. I noded and strocked the colt's neck. "How is he doing?" Ronny asked. He watched the colt silently. "Fine just a little tired I guess from all the work?" I said. Love's Fool tossed his head when my cell rang in my back jean pocket. I looked at the number who did she now mine? "Hello?" I asked. Ronny raised his brow's. I made a face like sorry for bringing the cell in the barn. I left the stall to find a quiet place so I could hear her voice claerly.

(Nice looking Thoroughbred Very Happy He is pretty)

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Mia sighed of relief when she heard his voice. She hadn't heard about her ex-horses for a while. "Hey, I was just wondering how Sweet Revenge and Love's Fool were doing?" She paced back and forth while Flipp snorted and nipped at her, telling her it was annoying him. She chuckled lightly and tickled his nose with her fingers before waiting for his reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:07 pm

"What's so funny?" I asked. I stod in the cooling area. "Never mind, there both doing good Ronny has a madien race he want's to enter Love's Fool in and then we are not so sure with Sweet Ravenge." I said watching the gray colt Storm Stride come walking into the cooling area. "We are not having much trouble with them." I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next