Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Mustangs

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wild Mustangs Empty Wild Mustangs

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

It all starts with the smallest change. Wild horses bred on the wide open plains, enjoying the sun beat on their pelts while the rain steadily pattered down every now and then. Over time these horses were named for they wild and free attitude, never to be tamed or owned by the humans who set out for gold and fortune in the west. How these horses refused to be caught and how they were killed for this insolence. Now, over years of building over the grasslands and clearing them for farms, they were almost wiped out from the face of the earth. But, the faint neighs keep the wild west in every cowboy or cowgirl's hearts... mustangs.

Jay stood at the top of the hill, overlooking the valley in which the herd fed and roamed over for centuries. A lake wasn't far from where they grazed so water was plentiful. She rose up her head, leaning up to the clouds and flaring her nostrils to smell the air. A storm was on the breeze, with the clouds turning gray from their usual whiteness. She nickered softly to herself, fearing the rain as always. Whether it would be hard or soft she did not know and there was defiantly no way to know exactly.

The mare started at a trot down the hill then gaining speed to land at the edge of the herd. She returned the humble greetings her fellow mares gave her as she walked by, heading for nothing specific but just to keep in touch with her herd. Since their leader had disappeared Jay had taken over after her father since no other stallion inhabited the herd, all had been run out as they grew up to find their own herds. Jay had taken the responsibility shakily at first but found hope in raising the herd with the encouragement of her fellow mares.

Thunder rumbled out, making the ground seem to shake from the massive boom. Jay looked to the sky, nickering to the herd silently and moving away to the edge of them with the herd following close behind. Jay made her way up the hills, getting to higher ground with the storm and following her instincts. She raised her head again as a flash passed by her eyes, jumping at the strike of light then looking up sharply at the crack of thunder again. She shook it off and continued up the steep hill, finding it promising to keep the water away if the valley flooded.

Back to top Go down

Wild Mustangs Empty Re: Wild Mustangs

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:04 pm

A large Filly is within the herd,Her mother was known as a mare called Star,The filly's name was Midnight Sunset, For she was born at Sunset and her mother had passed on at midnight of the same night...The foal was coal black,As her mother was, and well all is unknown about her father being that he raped her mother and it was her first heat,She herself would be having her first heat this year...She was worried about it and knew she had to stay away from all the males.

(^ Good?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Blossom A sweat mare in the herd fallowed along up the hill.She snorted. She was 2 and in her 1st heat. She was one of those mares who started at an odd age. She had an attitude at times.

Earth quake fallowed along her black main staying still as her bay body moved along. She nickered softly. The three year old was in her 1st heat as well as her younger friend blossom.

Blossom-
We reached the top and I sighed.

Full picture-
https://i.servimg.com/u/f23/16/03/53/73/angel_10.jpg

Earth Quake was relieved because she was lazy and to her that was a VERY VERY long trip.
Wild Mustangs Galbaymisty

Boomerang a lone mare saw the group and tagged along trying to look like a member for she was quite lonely.
Full picture(2 pic)-
https://2img.net/h/i191.photobucket.com/albums/z144/hau_kea/Rainbows%20End%20Farm/IMG_5008.jpg
Wild Mustangs Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAbQyLdEEgLUeTpOhimQlbKPzPVhRVq_4TwkB7ujmpxX5wUvIw&t=1 Wild Mustangs IMG_5008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:37 pm

( Yes, good Star. ^^ Just a few tips, put more details in your post and if you can make it seem like your reading a book. And a question is yours 1st Person or 3rd Person? )
( Welcome Wild One. Smile )

Jay placed her hoof on the top of the grassy hill, hoisting herself up to the top. Flicking her tail she looked back, watching as the rest of the herd bundled themselves up to the flat top. "Keep together and stay on the hill! I don't want anyone straggling." booming in her loud voice she commanded the females onto the hill, keeping them there by watching on the outskirts of them.

White light flashed, followed by a blast of thunder overhead then rain pelted down from the clouds, hitting the ground hard while it poured down. The herd clustered together, rubbing themselves together to stay warm from the cold drops of water. Water ran down the hill or sunk into the ground, the steep incline was too high from the water so it settled below. The water soaked the ground but did not seem to be heavy enough to flood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Jason, Feathers older brother-

Wild Mustangs Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO8Fv60v7vkfdWXKLQINx2yGufcbyf0T1a5B_8W1IegDZpEeAT

Feather-

Wild Mustangs Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQG5JQ2WunufPkGgYczheqxaiHUQm36w1U2PgTLaKkZXgWttstc9w

Jason yanked his sister up the hill, trying to get her to come. But her hooves drug in the wet grass, rooting it up and leaving muddy lines. "No! We have to find him!" The 2 year old mare was talking about their litle brother, who had wandered off before the storm. "We won't have time!" Jason hissed, letting her go. "Take care of her, please." Jason pleaded, running back into the storm.

"Uh, hi....." Feather said, looking around. "I guess.... I'm Feather." She stepped forward, head down in respect for the leader. "Is it OK, that if Jason makes it back, that he joins, he's ten and would make a good member!" Feather pleaded, she hated losing her family due to her own stupidity. Bear had wandered off because she left him asleep, thinking she would be back before he woke. But he had run off. "Please?"
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:52 am

Jay watched the couple climb up the hill, very interested of the surprise appearance. She had never seen two before but they seemed strained and tired so she willingly let them approach the herd. Fear piked up as she saw the worried look on the mare's face then watching her approach with the stallion turning tail and running back down the hill into the raging storm.

Ears pricked up to listen to the mare, she heard every detail the horse spoke and piecing together their situation. Jay stared at her lowered head for a second, hanging onto her last word. She knelt forward, pressing her nose on Feather's forehead as a sign to stand. "You and your brothers can stay... Tell then if you can that they both have right to claim the herd as their's if they wish. Our herd has not been with a stallion for a while now... If they wish to just join the herd they may. But I fear if anther male comes he will run them out. This is a warning that should not be taken lightly, Feather."

Jay slipped out of her seriousness and turned into a friendly matter, "My name is Jay, and for now I am the leader as you probably already know. You are welcome into the herd with open hooves." she spoke softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Brumby Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 am

(Hey, can i join??)

Krestle haddled close to the other mares, he little body shivering with short spasems (sp?). Her mother had died only a few days ago but the other mares were taking good care of her. She walked up to Jay, "I'm so cold" Krestle's voice was shakey as she pressed againts the leaders side. The filly looked up at the new comers with big black eyes, "Hello, I'm Krestle" She smiled and shook her little body. Her mane was plastered to her neck and in the rain she seemed rather dull in colouring. She nuzzeled the side of the mare and jumped under her as lighting flash across the sky, soon followed by thunder...

Krestle
Wild Mustangs TaracoFiasco12
Silver Brumby
Silver Brumby
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 am

"It would have to be a big stallion to run my brother off." Feather smiled, looking back into the storm. "I just hope they get back soon...." She gently pushed in next to the edge of mares, nuzzling the foal gently. "You look just like Bear.... Krestle." Feather flicked her tail, the end of it being shoved the other way by the wind.

The mare stood with her head down, waiting for her brothers to return. Finally, a head broke through the wall of rain, and beside it was a shivering colt, buckskin in color. "Bear!" Her words were swept away in the ocean of wind and water. "He was in a small flooding cave not to far back...." Jason coughed once he reached the top. His bay coat was darkened to almost black in the rain, but he still looked magnificent, and stood above most the mares.

The trembling foal rushed to his sister, head down in shame. "I'm sorry, I-" "It was me who shouldn't of left for a swim." Feather reassured him. "All that matters is that you are here now."

Wild Mustangs 9k=

And just so I won't forget , this is what Bear will look like when he is older-

Wild Mustangs Z
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:43 am

( Since you asked SIlver, spasms* no e. ^^ )

Jay nudged the foal gently, "Stay close to the mares and they will keep you warm, this rain should die down soon bu the looks of it. It's wearing itself out too soon." her voice was reassured and positive the black clouds would clear. As the stallion appeared Jay strode forward, meeting him and the foal a little after Feather had accompanied them. "Hello." slightly dipping her head to the stallion she waited for some sort of explanation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Jason looked down at the mare, dipping his head below hers. "I don't know what to say, other than you're rather-" The wind wiped out the last word. Feather pulled Bear close to her, closing her eyes and waited for the storm to die.

Jason stood tall, water sliding off his thick waterlogged coat.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 pm

(Thanks for the welcome! Smile I'm crazy )

Blossem watched and listened then walked to Krestle and started to groom her dry though it was hard because of the rain.
(1st person)
I then watched as earth quake came and we both took a side of the filly trying to keep her worm. I noticed a unknown mare approach us walking through the herd (Boomerang) I pen my ears,"Who are?"The mare didn't answer just huddled with us. I could tell she was trying to look like a member of the herd. She was skinny and looked young but I knew she wasn't. The mare showed sines of giving birth before and looked at least 5.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Jason stood, ears perked in a solid fashion as he waited permission to join.

Feather licked her little borther's ear, bendng it forward with each warm tongue lick.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Blossom approached him in a friendly manner,"Hello I'm blossom."I said then went back to the little filly and my friend and the unknown mare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Brumby Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 am

Krestle snuggled up close to the mares, grateful for their warmth. But the young filly couldn't keep her eyes offthe colt, Bear. She smiled and blushed when ever he looked at her through the slowly easing rain. Krestle shivered and buzzword into Earthquake, "Thankyou" she smiled a beautiful little smile and looked back towards Bear.She nickered to him, asking if he wanted to share the warmth...
Silver Brumby
Silver Brumby
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 am

Bear blushed deeply under his fur when the filly looked at him. He nodded and bounced over to her. "Thanks." The colt pressed against her, glaring at the look his brother was giving him. Jason laughed, shaking his head, wet mane falling around his neck again.

Feather watched her brothers, sighing happily.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:37 am

Karasu [japanese for "ravan"] , the little colt laughed Tsuara [japanese for "icicle"] and squeezed in with his friend Bear. "Yo, Bear!" he said
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 am

Bear pressed close to his new found female friend. "Um, yo.... do I know you?" Feather looked at them, a silly grin on her face. "Krestle, who are they?" A sudden protectiveness came over the colt, fearing the new colt would try to take her from him.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

"I'm new to this herd." Karasu said happily. "And so is Tusara, she's my sister."
He did not even look at the filly just Bear
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 am

"Yeah, so are we. Like 5 minutes ago new." Bear said, ears laid back. A small thought entered his head, but he shook it out and lifted his head to the rain.
Feather sighed.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 am

[aha Feather?]

Karasu looked at him excitedly. "Exactly!" he laughed.

Shyly, Tusara tried to go over and join the party of foals. She finally went over and gave a nervous smile. "H-hi."
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:33 am

(The horse is from another roleplay site! Its name was FEather and I couldnt think... -.-)

Bear lowered his head, but Jason grunted, telling him to be polite. "Hey...." Bear looked at the newer filly, thinking she was nothing compared to Kestle, but maybe he was just thinking that because they both looked a like.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:46 am

The pretty filly was a rare mustang. white with light brown and blue eyes. "I-i'm Tusara meaning Icicle." she said, pawing the ground.
She was gifted with beauty, but blind.
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 am

"Do you tell everyone you meet the meaning of you're name?" Bear asked, not impressed. "Bear! She is a lovely blind filly who you fail to see is very nice!" Feather scolded. "I'm sorry," He muttered, nuzzling Krestle. "But I like you're eyes."
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tusara rolled her eyes baring her teeth and digging her claws in the ground like it was Bear's crushed bones. "I was just trying to be nice!" she said then heard someone mention her blindess. "That's what makes me so unusable!"
"Don't mind her... she just doesn't like when someone mentions her blindess and others being mean."
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 am

"Oh it is alright, I am the only girl he has been around for along time.'" Jason said, deep voice booming. Bear sighed, shivering. Feather trotted forward, wrapping her neck around Krestle and Bear. "Are you two cold?" She asked Icicle and Raven.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next