Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going Empty It's The Rush That Keeps You Going

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 am

Intro- This is River Bend Stud's a large race horse farm nestled in the heart of blue grass Kentucky. A farm over 2,000 acer's. One stallion barn and one privet stallion barn, three brood mare barns, two yearling and weanling barns, training barn's and main barn with shed rows, a half mile training track. A farm house with lots of guest room's.

Ian Boyd is a young jockey who was recently in a accident and now is working as a stallion manager. I'm looking for a experienced, mature, and active replier. This mainly revolves around the humans, no talking horses, but there is plenty of horses in the topic as well as horse racing. Basically Ian feels he does not want to be a jockey any longer your character can be a exercise rider, an owner who meets him while there looking at the stallions and wanting a breeding spot for there mare, and jockey, groom/stable hand, trainer, etc.

The stallion barn-
[img]It's The Rush That Keeps You Going Padua_10[/img]

Ian Boyd-

I walked into the handsome stallion barn my hand gripping a clipboard with the clients appointments listed on it. I was here to help with the breeding schedules and also handled privet sales with owners for Mr. Archer who owner River Bend Studs. The blood stalk agent was in France and the farm secretary in the office near the front gate entrance. I stopped near Party Shoes stall which was made of 100 year old cherry oak it made me want to laugh about what Mr. Archer had picked to build this barn. I looked at the chestnut stallion who had once been a famous and successful handicap champion. He had won the New York Handicap Triple Crown Series at age four and the Melbourne Cup at age five. I new all the sires of River Bend Studs blood lines and there history, it was part of my job. I had once been a great jockey and had ridden some of the best of River Bend Studs horses but know I had gotten out of the hospital and wanted no part of riding boots, silks, and the gate. I walked up the stairs leading to the apartment above that was my office. Sitting down in the deep leather chair I looked around the room quickly before carrying on with my work. The phone had not range and no one had called yet. Trying to keep myself busy I went to the filing cabinet to check out some records on a brood mare that had been shipped in to be breed to Hummingbird Knight. Putting the file down on the desk top I went to look out the window checking to see if any cars or trucks where coming down the long narrow drive way-

(Please reply)

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going Empty Re: It's The Rush That Keeps You Going

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 am

Any one? My other topic like this with another member is over like 600 replies come on guys please I'm in the mood for horse racing will some one awnser? Very Happy Wink

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:22 pm

I will. What do you want? Girl and horse? Horse?
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks for replying. It can be a girl- she can have a horse if you want her to but this is mainly involving the human characters the horses play abig roles though-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 pm

How old should they be? I have a girl who has a 15 year old little sister, but I dn't know how old the main charrie should be
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Ian is 18-19 some times 17? You can change her age for just this topic if you want? Cool

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Well, here is the older one-

Name: Jay
Personality: Find out
It's The Rush That Keeps You Going Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYnAoCXEIVfNoHNypDbUSXvB5x20Qmv09AetbpdqQM_cka3nUu

gotta get her sis's pic. by the way, her sister is adopted, cause I couldn't find a pic I liked better
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Name: Katie
It's The Rush That Keeps You Going Pic2

She is pwetty, I couldn't replace it! Plusl, I was looking for a topic like this for her and her sis, though her sister has no bio
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks Harley the bios great- I will reply to the other topic to real soon-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Erm, how should I enter? should she be driving the truck and trailer?
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Sure which ever way you would like) Cool

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Jay shifted gears, turning down the driveway and smiling over at her sister. "It is about time you took me on one of these." Katie said, nearly sticking her head out the window. "You were to young to understand. I was 15 when I started." Jay said, turning the radio off and parking. "Roll your window up Kai." (Her original name, it means willow tree) and the 15 year old did as she was instructed.

"Looks deserted." Katie said, looking around. "Besides the horses." She plopped back down on the seat. "Race horses like this would not be left alone." Jay said, marveling at their stock. "Are we gonna wait around or are we gonna go inside?" Katie asked, half sarcastic. "I'm waiting for you, Ms.Anxious." Jay laughed, opening her door and stepping out. Blue jeans and black T adsorbed the sun as she hurried to the shade. Katie was busy reassuring the horses that they would be right back. Jay knocked, and leaned against the wall.

(Sorry if I got anything wrong, can't rember your post)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Seeing a truck come down the drive I turn from the window and leave the officce walking down the stares I watch as the truck comes to a stop. Pausing in the wide doorway I see two people get out. They looked at there suroundings talking as they walked. Leaving the barn to meet them I ask politly "Hello welcome to River Bend Studs, can I help you?" I came to a stop observing the paddocks quickly, the bay stallion nearest raised his head and watched us before retuning to grazz under the giant oak. Hummingbird Knight was rather calm and quite of all the stallions and seemed to be enjoying the sunshine. I looked back at them seeing the girls must have been related there was a resemblance. "I'm Ian Boyd by the way." I said offering a hand to shake-

(It's okay Smile )

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Katie jogged up to her sister and smiled at the guy who had appeared. "We have the horses. IT should be arranged already." Katie said, watching her sister shake the hand. I like to dress up like a fabulous clown... Katies ringtone went off and she reached inside Jay's pocket to look at the message. "Made a new video, got it." She said, shutting the phone and giving it back to her sister. "Jay and Katie Rose." Jay introduced them. "Jay, I gotta be in New York in 3 days. Remember? You gotta get me back by the end of the day!" Katie whispered, blushing.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I msile as the girl whispers. Looking at Jay I said "You have mares with you?" I asumed she ment that a apontment was made for her brood mares to arrive for the breeding season. "Well how many horses do you have?" I asked

(sorry so short-)

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:50 pm

"I don't know. 2, 3." Jay said, glancing at the 5 horse horse trailer. Katie hummed something, and kept glancing at a certain horse. "Katie, go get the papers behind the mares." Jay said, nodding at the truck. Her little sister took off, opening the door and searched around. "Going to New Yrok before I do." Jay sighed, but smiled as Katie handed the papers to Ian.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:19 pm

As the young girl runs to get the papers I say "I need to file a copy of them and ask some qeustions and you need to sign some papers." Putting my hands in my jean pockets I say "My office is inside."

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:24 pm

"OK." Jay said, waiting for him to go. Katie sighed, looking around. "We can get you all of that." Jay said, patting her sister on the head. "Kai, did you get the copies?" Jay asked. "Yeah, I need the keys to get em out of the dash though." Katie replied, gladly accepting the car keys and heading over to the truck once more.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Turning I here footsteps behind me and see Sammy the head groom with two other stable hands following close behind him. I look at Jay agian and say "Well after we get your mares setlled down we can go get this all sorted out so you can be on your way." I say. Sammy stopped by me "I have three stalls ready for the mares." He said. I introduced Sammy to Jay "He will take care of your mares during there stay." I said as the two grooms went to unload the mares like the ushaly did when visiter horses where here-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Katie winced as she saw the mares get out. FOr some reason, her temper flared when others handled their horses. It showed to, her cheeks got red and eyes turned into a slightly glared at them. "Here." She said, handing the papers to him and tossing the keys to Jay. Jay's bright green eyes met her sister's, warning her to be nice.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 pm

She must be new at this....I thought straightning the papers up. Sammy looked at Katie then at the grooms who lead the three mares out letting them look aroung then lead them toured the brood mare barn. Sammy smiled at Katie "You can come and make sure evreything is the way it should be for your horses." He said guesturing toured the large brood mare barn. I look at him knowing maybe she would calm down if she saw that the mares where well cared for.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Jay patted Kai on her shoulder and pulled her close to her waist. "OK." Katie said. "So what are we here for again?" Katie asked, eyes following a redtail hawk in the sky. "And what are we doing with them?" She nodded to the barn. Jay decided to let Ian answer.

(DO the mares have names?)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

(Well you can name them since there yours but if you want me to sugest some I can Smile )

I smiled at her "There going to be breed to two sires Party Shoes and Hummingbird Knight." I said. I pointed at the tall bay stallion grazing in the nearest paddock. "That's Hummingbird Knight, he was shiped from England when he was two and bought by Mr. Archer and raced in the states." I said. "Party Shoes is in the barn." I said-

(Do you want Jay to buy a horse or something so there is a way she ends up more involved in the farm or something just a thought?)

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 pm

(I will think of some names, and sure, she can buy one)

Katie's eyes widened at the thought of the horses being bred by strange studs. Jay gave her a reassuring look and Kai smiled. "the first was, uh, lets see..." Jay thought. "Lead The Hunt" Katie sighed. "Right, Lead The Hunt." (MY friend suggested the names, so lol) "Then there is... oh gosh." Jay sighed and let her sis speak. "Next one is my favorite, Game Dog. The third is the most aggressive and has to get to know a horse before she can be shoved in a stall with them, Golden Tooth." Katie named them out. "And as you wanted, none have been bred. What she means by shoved in a stall, you know, small corral or two stalls smack dab right next to each other." Jay explained. Katie nodded. "Just a warning." The 15 year old said, arms crossed over her chest.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:31 pm

(Great choices!) Wink

"Your mares are in exsalent hands, we don't just hire a person we taken them through specail training for this job and they need special backgrounds to wrok with the mares. We also have to foaling men who help the mares when they foal so there safe." I pause "As for your mare Golden Tooth she can stay in a large foaling stall, most of the stalls in the brood mare barns are a pretty good size and very conferdable. If she get's ancy Sammy or one of the grooms asigned to her will walk her but we like to keep most of the mares in the paddocks during the day so she will probably be settled down by then." I said smiling. Sammy was walking Golden Tooth down the long barn isle letting her have a look around, he then turned her around and they exsited the barn through the back where the mares would be kept in there own paddock to graze and stretch the legs. "Also we like to keep mares from outside in there own paddock so they don't get in disputs with others or get hurt." I watched Sammy for a moment as he relased the mare into the well groomed pasture. "It's just temparary though, they can bunck with the other mares by the time they get use to this place." I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum