Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Empty Re: It's The Rush That Keeps You Going

Post by Harley Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Katie nodded. "Best not to separate Lead The Hunt and Game Dog for long periods of time. Half sisters." Katie said. "when did you find this out?" Jay asked. "While you were off talking to other racing and breeding people." Kai said. "We would of brought Grey Girl but she and Golden Tooth don't get along very well, so she will be brought later on today." Jay explained.

(OK. Do you know what the mares look like, and are they arabians? DO they need pics?")
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Empty Re: It's The Rush That Keeps You Going

Post by Harley Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:02 pm

If they don't here, I am going to my moms soon and cannot post pics there-

Golden Tooth-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUsg5fPPvOoOtqRp2MO9BBVebt_hrcRzKfkL-1nbgpleLmO8om

Game Dog-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqxa_XTIZbuWDj3YgqFTzj0WEA-ABm78lYp95Z1Ui4tjNZ8RHTpw

Lead the Hunt-
It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRPH0ITxhK_dhNj_gf7DxxpjDwo5svP_jpe2nyB2T2QAq259AjpQ

And Grey Girl, who is not here yet-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMYNyJ0g9hEEkLpKdbNweOCGVvbYlN8T4AnCy3hI9Xj3EOEkPG
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 pm

(Thoroughbreds that's what River Bend races, to tell the truth I don't no much about modern Arabian horse racing, The Arabian Jockey Club requiers member ships to get on the website and learn more but I know a little but not much but this is HI so Arabians is good, I love Arabians. Great pics to!)

"Yes where keeping your mares together but not in the same pastures with the mares allready here." I said, "I will take you to the office now if evreything is the way it should be with your mares there in good hands though." I said smiling. "Also I have those papers that need to be copeyd." I said looking at the sheets of documents in my hands.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:02 pm

"Good." Katie said, following him along with her sister.

ugh sorry, I am in Louiston and so brain dead.... least the hotel is nice)

Golden Tooth-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 2Q==

Game Dog-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 9k=

Lead The Hunt-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6dLelxxV_mOlfvW20s7MpJfDzFZXEueDGLFv2XjVUGd6XA122Fg

Grey Girl-

It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST-tZF1ylfwFw_v-3vwbRlDmeu30CAKcelgmgRiHOZI4KY8pju
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 pm

(Thats okay Very Happy sorry it took me soooo long to reply been working on my graphic skills on a site Embarassed and great pics! I will get the stud pictures up soon sorry about that- )

As we walk to the stallion barn I aske "If you are in no hurry we also have some nice yearlings and two-year-olds for sale. They where going to Kindlend in Lexington but Mr. Archer held back a few." I said as we entered the large barn.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Katie stopped dead in her tracks. "Which ones are for sale?" She asked, looking around. "Katie, you can look while he and I discuss, if that is OK with you Ian." Jay asked, looking at him.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 pm

"Well our head trainer can show them to her." I said, we where standing in the stallion barn at the moment but the horses for sale where in the main training barn. "The ones for sale are in the main training barn Ronny Homes our trainer is there right now." I said "It's fine with me though." I said smiling. "We can discuss the mares in my office." I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Katie nodded, looking up at her sister with pleading eyes. "Alright. But be good." She said and waited for Ian to do what ever it was he did. "Who will be breeding Grey Girl? She is rather, well, shy." Katie asked, waiting for Ronny to show up.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 pm

"Well let's go into the office and I will get the papers, and she's beeing bred to Party Shoes." I said, Party Shoes was in the barn right now." I said. Walking over to the second stall in the back I guestured toured the stall "He's in here." I said. Folding my arms over my chest I look at the tall chestnut stallion, he had been the leading handicap champion in his day. Only seven years old Party Shoes still had his muscle and fin trimed built. He had been retired at a older age for a race horse which was six.

This is Party Shoes
[img]It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Crafty10[/img]

This is Hummingbird Knight
[img]It's The Rush That Keeps You Going - Page 2 Merlyn10[/img]

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Katie looked in the stall, and wondered what the foal would look like. "He won't, hurt her?" Katie asked, noticing he was quite a bit bigger than the mare. "Wait, there are 4 mares, 2 stallions. Are these going to be busy in the next week, or are there more?" Katie smiled.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 pm

"Two mares for each stallion that's four breedings in one day." I said, "It's not a lot though, and your mare will be fine we have great people working here." I said. "Party Shoe's is very well mannered though don't let his size fool you, he's a gentlman." I said looking at the chestnut who was staring back curiusly. "Hummingbird Knight just likes to be left alone most of the time but he puts up with us." I said "He's more older than Party Shoes, he's almost nine." I said. Ronny Homes was now making his way into the barn "Hey a young lady asked me about the youngsters for sale?" I looked at him then back at Katie "Katie this Ronny Homes our head trainer." I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Katie slowly approached him, head cocked and a smile painted into her features. She nodded about the yearlings and the others for sale and was prepared to follow him. Jay gently smiled at Party Shoes, stroking his nose with her hand.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:40 pm

The stallion sniffed the young girls hand curiusly blowing his warm breath in her face. Ronny smiled "He likes you." The stallion drew back a bite to watch us a moment. "Well if you want you can get those papers straghtened out and then we can go check them yearlings out." Ronny said smiling a little-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Jay smiled, and let out a happy sigh. "We would like that very much."

Sorry so short.... Heat exhaustion takes a bit out of you///
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Wlaking over to the steps that lead to the office door I went up the steps and opened the door "Let's get the paper work shall we?" I asked. Ronny waited for them to follow me intot he office-

(it's okay Cool

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Jay nodded, followin him in. She patted her pockets for her pen, and Katie tossed it to her. "You know, how come your older? You're so unorganized." The younger silbing said, laughing a bit.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 pm

I sit down at the desk and guestue toured the chairs across from me for them to sit down. "I have the papers here." Placing the mares papers down I opened the drawr by opening it with the key. All of Hummingbird's papers where in there with his breeding schedules "And I got a paper of Hummingbird for you to sing for your two mares." Sliding the paper over to her I continued to unlock the drawr that had Party Shoes papers-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Katie looked away, and Jay sighed, clicking the pen open and reluctantly signed. "I hate to use them to make foals to make people money." Kai said, temper flaring again. "Temper issues. Strong bond with her mares." Jay whispered to Ian, blushing. "I do not have temper problems." Katie growled, crossing her arms.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 am

I smile "It's fine though your mares will have very well bred foals that will mature to become fine race horses." I reasured her.

(sorry it took sooooo long Embarassed

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:30 pm

"I am very aware. But don't you start riding them, at what, 2? I've seen so many old race horses with a heavy swayback." Katie said. "And, if the foals win, the owners will make the money." Jay sighed, shaking her head. "Katie, be polite." She muttered. Katie rolled her eyes, silently counting to ten.

It is fine.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 am

I smiled "We have the best taking care of our horses and others millions of dollars are put into this farms operation to make sure the horses are safe and healthy." I finished putting the papers away "We don't start backing the horses untill the spring when there two years of age. And Ronny has a magic touch when it comes to breaking youngsters." I added-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 pm

"There bones aren't knit together then. You ruin a horse that way." Katie whispered, glaring at the stables. Jay gently tapped Katie, shaking her head.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Ian felt a little anoyyed "That's the way it's done and none of our horses have ever been hurt during training, and we don't start racing them untill where %100 sure there ready." He said calmly. Standing up he said "Would you like to see those colts and fillys for sale?" He asked with a small smile-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Jay sighed. "I'm sorry about her. She saw all those shows about retired race horses and saw all their backs. Last time we hooked up with a raceing company like this, one of our fillys couldn't race anymore becase she wasn't ready. She was two also. SO Katie is rather touchy about the topic. And I am sure she would." Jay said, gently pulling the picture from her pocket and sliding it onto the desk.

It was a roan filly, laying on her side. Her racing halter was still on and her back was heavily dipped.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:55 pm

I look at her "It's fine." Taking the picture I said frowning "Not many race farms would treat a young horse like this to much time, carfule breeding, money and to much bonding is invloved to let them be harmed. I'm sorry about the filly who ever trained her for you I hope you fired and reported in." I said "We pick our enployeys carfelly so your foals when there born will be in good hands. I don't really seen many sway backs just from racing mostly age but not from that." I said sliding the picture back over to her. "Mr. Archer has a small retirment farm for most of the older horses and the ones that don't or can't race the others he find homes for where they will be treated the right way." He said trying to let her know that none of the foals would ever end up in such a bad condition. "And there your foals they just stay here untill there weaned and your mares will be shiped back home with them unless you wan't Ronny to train them but you will have to take that up with him and Mr. Archer." He said "I'm only the stallion maneger here." He said. He didn't want to loose any owners, the stud fees where worth keeping as many as he could. Bad stable quarters or miss treating enployes could scare them off soi he tried to reasure here it was not like that here. "So would you like to see them two-year-olds?" He asked

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next