Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can You Bring Me Light? ~~**~~

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can You Bring Me Light? ~~**~~ Empty Can You Bring Me Light? ~~**~~

Post by Saviour Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Hadal

The breath from my nostrils fogged infront of my muzzle as I scan the dark meadow. Looking for any other signs of horses or life. Expelling a loud breath, I jump into a random spurt of action- leaping and bounding amongst the stars. The only viewer was the moon, the only one I allowed. My hooves stretched for greater heights in a joyful dance of energy. Letting out a loud bark of laughter, I slow to a stop and rear into the night. Kicking at the crisp night air and being myself for a little bit. It felt so good! To be alone and confident, and the power in my muscles seemed to be unmatched by anything else in the universe. A crack of a twig causes my motions to freeze, the only thing moving was my heaving chest and my swiveling ears. I whirl around and search the treeline.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=how+to+make+a+ocean+horse#/d1ieu1i
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Can You Bring Me Light? ~~**~~ Empty Re: Can You Bring Me Light? ~~**~~

Post by Saviour Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Anyone...?
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:50 pm

It was dark and cold, and the white hide of the mare stood out in the blackness like a beacon of light. A cool night breeze blew wistfully over the meadow, but Enchanted was far from being calm. In fact, she was stiff and tense, and despite the fact that it was evening, night, she wasn't sleeping, couldn't sleep. Her head was hanging slightly, but her eyes were open, deep and dark, reflecting the stars that shone and glittered brightly overhead. Her tail was pinned instinctivley to her rump, and her ears suddenly pricked atop her head, almost drawing together as her head started up, nostrils wide and quivering as she took in the scents that were around her. The wind shifted slightly, and a new scent was carried towards her on the breeze. The scent of a stallion.
That sudden reality made her start in fear, spinning around, her ears pinned tightly to her cranium. Her white hide was covered with a thin sheen of cold sweat, and she backed up a few paces, pawing the ground. She didn't know how far, or close this stallion was, but the presence of him made her uneasy.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:06 pm

I throw my head and step forward with my front hooves only, stretching my back legs. "Who's there?" I snort loudly, searching the night before finally resting on a bright, white, arabian mare. I pin my ears and step forward with my back legs so I was relaxed and normal. She was scared. What? Scared, why? I back up like she was, so we had more distance between us, and snatch a mouthful of clover. Chewing it nonchalantly whilst watching the beautiful young horse wage war inside her own mind.

[ Sorry, I had a brain fart ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:23 pm

(Sorry be on later)
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:24 pm

[ =( ok ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:49 pm

(Actually, it wasn't bad at all.)

Enchanted gave a startled squeal of protest as a figure seemed to merge from the shadows, and she almost tripped over her own feet as she stepped backwards, hooves pressing into the soft, moist ground. She lowered her noble head, her nostrils wide and flaring, eyes large and untrusting. She firmly kept her tail to her rump, and tossed up her head, the movement displacing her mane, then settling it, so it cascaded thickly over her arched white neck.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Hadal

I snort louder and paw the ground once, then twice. "I won't hurt you, you know" I say quietly before taking another mouthful of the greens that cushioned my hooves. The taste was aquired in horses, so it tasted great to me. To other animals it might taste... gross. Oh well, more for me-I thought. I flick my long, silky black tail around my hind leg and then look back to the white mare, one brown eye covered by my thick forelock and the other reflecting the light from the moon.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Enchanted eyed the stallion warrily, her dark eyes watching him with guarded curiousity. Her instinct told her to step forward, to near him, but her practical side held her back. She had placed one foot forward, before she deliberatly stepped back a few feet, her head high in the air, muscles tensed and taught, ready to run.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:11 pm

I stifle a chuckle and finish the mouthful of clover. Pricking my ears in her direction, I lift my front hooves just a foot and let them fall back down. After doing that a couple times, I spun around and whinnied. I had always been the one to avoid others, but now that the situation was reversed I felt the need to show her I wasn't bad and I wouldn't hurt her. I needed to show her I was safe to be around.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Enchanted winced as he spun around, whinnying harshly, and she lowered her head, turning it to one side and shying away, swishing her own tail momentarilly and stepping backwards, fighting her instincts that were telling her to go closer to the stallion. Closing her eyes breifly, she whickered softly, her nostrils open and flared, ears pricked atop her head, almost touching one another. The soft breeze played with her mane, tousling it slightly, and she raised a hoof, tentativley stepping forward, her neck outstretched.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I whicker to her when she whickers to me, and stretch my neck out as well. Smelling the air for her scent. Only then did I catch on to the fact that she was in heat. A shiver rakes down my spine and I tried not to think about mating with this small, tentative female. I toss my head to temporarily move my forlock from my eyes, only to have it slip back and cover my left eye.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Stretching her neck farther out as he did the same, her muzzle gently touched his forhead, and she drew away at the touch, but held her ground, eying him with shaded, mysterious eyes. Her nostrils flared slightly, and she raised a hoof, gently setting it back onto the ground, before venturing farther, and stepping one more step closer to him. Snorting slightly, she reached forward and nibbled his forlock, pushing it out of his eyes slightly, drawing away and arching her neck as she looked him over from head to hoof.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 pm

I bow low to the mare when she looks me over, chocolate brown eyes looking up at the white horse "Hello" I smile, then straighten myself out and look down at her. My full, 16 hands high slightly taller than she. She was much more beautiful when she was up close. Her smooth, silky coat shined against the full moon, and seemed to be as bright as the stars in the sky.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Elegantly tossing her head slightly, she pawed the ground anxiously, her instincts trying to take over. Pushing them away, she cocked her head to one side, her eyes looking at him, watching his reaction. He was significantly bigger than her, as in muscles, but she was tall and had long graceful legs. She bobbed her head slightly in greeting, then looked away, rather shy. "Hello..."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 pm

"What's a sweet little mare doing out here unaccompanied and vulnerable?" I ask her, voice in between deep and high pitched, just right, and slow too. "I'm Hadal, by the way" I add, and then rest my back right hoof, leaning to the side slightly.
[erg]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Enchanted ear's pricked up as he started to speak, her hide shining slightly. Flicking her tail in relaxation, she lowered her head gently, also cocking a hind hoof. She looked at him with her intelegent eyes, before flicking her tail once again. "I'm always alone. It's normal for me." She said quietly, her voice matching her looks.

(err)
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:57 pm

My skin tingled at the sound of her small voice and I had to force myself to form words. "I see" I say quietly, as not to lead her on to my nervousness "As it is for me". I take a bite of clover once again, snagging a pink flower to go along with it and chewing it absent-mindedly. "Where are you from?" I say, trying to keep the conversation going without making it too boring for her. I was awkward, and didn't have much experience with horses, let alone mares.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 pm

"Nowhere, and everywhere." Enchanted let out a small sigh, before leaning her head down, her muzzle pressed against the soft lush grass that he was grazing on. Snorting softly as a flower ticked her nostril, she raised her head, before stepping a bit closer. "My name is Enchanted." She said quietly, before lipping a bit of grass stuck in her teeth, and lowering her head to try out the grass of this meadow.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Hadal

"The name suits you" I say softly before dipping my head again to graze as well. I flick my tail and lift my head, gazing up at the stars. "Do you like the dark?" I ask her, my voice seeming to be lost in the crisp night air.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:16 pm

"I feel like I cant hide in the dark." Enchanted stated truthfully, her head dipping gently as she watched him lower his own head. "Shadows cant conceal me, thus I cant hide. No, I dont like the dark." She said quietly, watching the sky intently, her eyes reflecting the constelations.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Hadal

I look over at her. "I feel like it's the only time I can be myself..." I say, contrasting her words. Although we were almost completely different, we seemed to fit together perfectly. I take a heavy breath of air and shake my body free of dirt.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:20 pm

"It's because you're not vulnerable." Enchanted said frankly, putting him in her perspective. "You have nothing to lose, you can fight your way out of things because of how strong you are. I cant do that." Enchanted lowered her head to graze, but her muzzle bumped against his and she moved it to the side.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Hadal

I pull back quickly when our muzzles touch and step a few steps away. Looking down at the dew that was forming on the thin blades of grass, I press my hoof into the moist ground, causing a hoofprint to form. The simple shape was so normal, yet so meaningful. "Why aren't you in the protection of a herd?"
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Enchanted considered what her answer would be, but she really didn't know. Sighing heavilly, she let her front legs give way benieth her, and she laid down softly in the wet grass, flicking her tail without knowing it. "I grew up in a herd. It's not what I enjoy, too large for my liking. A smaller one, maybe..."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next