Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Frightening Experience - Not Finished

Go down

A Frightening Experience - Not Finished Empty A Frightening Experience - Not Finished

Post by Tayssi Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:02 pm

With a heart wrenching scream, the girl stood up and ran towards the double doors. She glanced behind herself and she saw the glint of a scarlet red trail leading towards her, following her, stalking her. She was leaving behind a trail of her own blood which would lead her persuer right to her. She looked forward, franticly as she realised the doors were right infront of her. Giving off an aura of safety yet that looming sense of death. She ignored it though grabbing the handles on each door the girl pulled the doors open as they creaked threateningly. She ran inside the doors, shutting them behind her as quickly as she could and as she turned around a pair of gold rimmed by blood red eyes stared at her. Her eyes went wide with fright as they...thing grabbed hold of her forearms as she went to turn around the get out. She realised it was a man. She struggled against his grip, trying to pry herself away but his grip was too firm.

This man was the one trying to kill her.. Why she didn't know. She was only 8 years old. Both her parents had been murdered only half a year ago. By the same man standing before her... Yet, although frightened she had been through this, being persued by the same man since she was a baby, her parents always getting her to safety... Now she had no protection... He had every chance to kill her..

The girl was thrown to the ground and she squealed in fright and pain. She should have took notice of that looming sense of death and danger behind those doors... How had he got here though? She took the chance as the man turned around, tummaging through his bag and she stood up, ignoring the searing pain shooting throughout her body. She pushed open the doors and bolted for it as she suddenly felt the blade of a knife slice across her bag, she screamed in agony but kept on going, fighting the urge to just fall down, curl up and accept her death. The pain from her new wound splashed blood on the ground as she ran, refusing to stop and she grew weaker by the second yet she still pushed on. She glanced behind and noticed the man had dropped the butcher knife - which ahd been used to slash her back - on his foot so he was trying to pulled the knife out. She girl saw doors leading to the exit of the dreadful, dark building and she made it to the door. She grabbed the knob, turning it and she grunted as it only opened so much.. a chain on the other side had been attached... But enough for her to get through. She took the opening and squeazed through and she dodged away from the door as an arm shot out to grab her. She ran on, to the police station.

She was lucky. Ever sinse she could walk and talk she had been treated like a teenager. learned how to cook, talk properly to an adult and much much more. Se made it to the police station, getting surrounded by adults and officers alike, getting asked questions from her injuries. She explained everything and the officers got into their cars and sped off towards the building whilst some adults took her to the hospital.. As soon as she was picked up she collapsed, losing consciousness.

- week later -

She wlked out of the hospital with the adult who had taken her there in the first place. They had put her in intensive care but she made a rapid recovery, although not 100% they let her out. As soon as she got outside and the adult - woman - had gotten into her car, opening the door for her to get in, she bolted for it. She managed to lose her. She couldn't trust anyone anymore.. They only people she had eer trusted were her parents. When she went to school, although moving upgrades because of how smart she was, she refused to make friends. Within 2 years of school she had become too smart for elemtrary school yet she dropped out, not wanting to go to school.

The girl ran as fast and far as she could again until she knew she wouldn't be found. She looked after herself, doing everything for herself.

The man hadn't been found in the building a week ago.. He had smashed the chain and fled before the police had arrived.. He was out there. Escaping. But he'd be back to search for her.. There was no doubt in that..

- 5 years later -

Bethany walked into the street, cautious yet not acting that way. se looked around and she saw a clothes store. It was run down though had nice clothes. She knew the place had no survaliance.. She walked inside whilst the lady wasn't looking and she grabbed a few clothes and went into the cahnging room, pretending to try them on. She already knew theyfit. She came here the day before to check. She waited patiently as the lady walked out the back of the store and she took the tags and hangers off, stuffing them in a shelf and she made a run for it. Out the door she ran abck towards her home which was through the forest. She lived in a small cottage in a forest which ahd been abandoned years before she came here when she was 8. She put the clothes away and walked back to town, purposely veering wide around the clothes shop and also purposely walking on the sid of the street hardly any people were on, even dodging around those people.. She couldn't trust anyone..

She stared idly at a tree up ahead. She made her way over to it and slimbed to a thick, sturdy branch just aboce her head. She sat down on it, her legs swinging below her. Bethany stared at a young girl and her mother walking hand in hand down the street. It brought back so many memories to her it nearly made her cry. She sighed heavily and then jumped down to the ground when she felt someone tapping her shoulder. She spun around her eyes eyes went wide as her gaze locked onto a pair of golden eyes which were rimmed by the colour of blood red.

It was him. She could never forget those eyes. No matter how many years she tried. Those frightening eyes have haunted her every night for the 5 years since she escaped him. They were the only thing that truly frightened her.

Bethany opened her mouth, about to scream when his hand shot up, covring her mouth. Her scream was muffled and she was jerked towards him and spun around to face away from him so he could grab hold of her wrists. She would not give up! She wrenched her head back and up; head butting him in the chin, making him release her in shock. She took the chance and amde a run for it.

Bethany was lucky. She had been trained in countless things after she began living on her own. She wasn't the weak defenseless little girl she used to be.

Bethany ran; her heart pounding and her legs pumping harder then ever. She ran downt he street and then made a sharp right, turning into the forest. She was heading towards her home. She suddenly stopped. If he was following her and she ran home then he would know where she lived. She turned and kept running. She came to a nearby cave and she stopped, glancing around. Was it safe to go in?

She took the chance and sprinted into the cave. The cave illuminated with, yeelow and blue by crystals and fireflies. The air was damp and although there was a lot of space, it felt as if she was trapped inside a box.

Bethany heard a muffled groan behind her and she spun around, facing the man. She growled at him, excliming"What the heack do you want?! You mother-"she stopped as he held up just one finger to shut her up and she did just that.

"Hush, hush, little one,"he said"questions will be answer in due time. But for now, just come with me quietly and you will not be harmed.. For now."He smirked. The teasng harshness in his voice was dangerously frightening. It even sent a chill down Bethany's spine and made her flinch at the same time.

Why did he come back after 5 years? Could she never live peacefully? Thinking back, she couldn't remember any peace in her 13 years of life. Not with her parents who had always been running to keep her safe for reasons she still didn't know, not even in the 5 yers of being alone. Constantly worrying this man standing before her would come back for her or having nightmares of those piercing, dangerous eyes.

"I am not going with you!" Bethany snarled, "You're a monster! You are someone who can't be trusted. Not won't, can't."

The man's laughter boomed throughout the cave, causing Bethany to step back in surprise and uncertianty. What was so funny? "Can't be trusted, ey?" the man asked with a snicker, "now that makes me feel all torn up inside"he commented, placing his hand over his heart.

That made her snap. The snide comment did it. She stormed towards him, either ignoring or not noticing the victories smirk on his face"that's right!" she snarled "I can't trust you! Not even if I wanted to! And trust me, i don't! I wouldn't even consider trusting you." She glared up at the man as she got within 2 metres of him"you just think you're all that. Don't you?! Just who are you?"
"uh, huh"The man replied "and who am I? i'm known as Dexter. Although that isn't my real name. And you won't be alive long enough to find out what it is."he grinned wildly, evily and then made a grab for her.

i've heard that there's a show and a cerial killer called Dexter. sorry, i honestly didn't even know. i was trying trying to find a name for him and it popped up. please don't judge me o.e.

This is a story I started in grade eight, but never ended up doing anything else with it... My friends think i should do a story on Bethany and her parents, what do you guys think?

Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down