Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trouble With You (M) (Reserved)

2 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Trouble With You (M) (Reserved) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Trouble With You (M) (Reserved)

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:20 am

Layla snarled at Grey, her eyes like blue daggers as she stared at him. Standing her ground, she planted her feet firmly onto the ground, ready for any attacks. She knew she could take Grey on. Layla had been an assassin almost her entire life, and wasn't about to back down from this arrogant brute. Rotating her massive head to glare at Mason, she growled softly, "No. Let Grey go. He's just walking into hell by doing this." Layla growled. "I'll warn you now Grey, you are about to get the beating of your life." She snarled, fur bristling like a porcupine. Layla was no wolf to mess around with. If she can kill a full grown bear without a problem, she can kill Grey. But something inside of her told her not to kill Grey. Her eyes softened. "Miyako didn't deserve to die, no doubt. She was a good wolf. But you can't be running around blaming me for things I don't deserve to be blamed for. This isn't anyone's fault. Especially not yours." Layla growled, but turned away. "I'm leaving. Nobody here appreciates anything I do anyway." Layla spat before padding out of the den, then breaking out into a run, leaving the camp behind. Leaving Mason behind. Leaving the one's she cared about behind.

----

Layla skidded to a stop as she heard snarling from a pack of wolves. "We will take down Mason's pack!" The Leader roared, howls of agreement following. "Frost Pack shall live!" Layla gasped at that, and turned on her heels. As pissed as she was with Grey, she wouldn't let them die. Dashing off towards Mason's camp at tremendous speed, her blue eyes were filled with worry for them. Racing into camp, she yowled, "Mason!" Layla panted heavily. "Frost Pack! They're coming. To destroy you. To destroy every one of you!" Layla warned. "How do we know this isn't some sort of scam?" Jackie asked suspiciously. Layla snarled at Jackie, "Because if it wasn't true, I would be long gone. And if I didn't care about you all, I would have left you to fight without preparation." She snarled back.

(Drama time. Very Happy)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Trouble With You (M) (Reserved) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Trouble With You (M) (Reserved)

Post by Wolfy Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Mason watched the fae go, slightly angered by her last comment. He moved away from Grey, and the brute nearly fell. Grey blinked, and drug himself back to his fallen mate. "I'll take her. I'll bury her." Mason started to offer to help, but a sharp growl from his brother silenced him. Gen nudged Mason away, and left their sibling to mourn. 
"I've never seen him like that. I always assumed he cared only about himself." Gen whispered, ears flat against her skull. "If he loved that fae so strongly, imagine the pain he must be going through now." Mason sighed, looking out the den entrance towards the hunched form of Grey. "I'm trying not to. But our brother has feelings other than lust and selfishness. That's a surprise."
The next time they looked out, both Grey and Miyako were gone, a puddle of blood the only thing left. His pack slowly started to drift back in, looking rather shocked. Mason padded out to join them, waiting for what they would say. "Wow." It was Faith. "He actually... loved her." The Alpha grunted in agreement, and smiled down at his Beta. "And now she's gone."
-
When Layla returned, she was greeted with glares or not at all. Mason walked towards her, ears perked. "Don't assume we will be so easy to destroy. Their pack isn't the biggest, in case you hadn't notice. And brute force is their fighting style. We know how to 'dance' per say."

[I keep getting the colors mixed up -__-]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Layla snarled. "Their population has increased. I saw them myself." She growled, glaring at them all. "And I know what their fighting style is! I just thought I should warn you first." Layla growled before beginning to pad off. "Layla." A brute called. She turned her head and sighed. "Why don't you fight with us?" He offered. Layla saw a few other wolves nod their heads, causing her to smile softly. "It'll be my honor." Layla replied.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am

Mason growled. "This is not what we need right now. Two deaths in three weeks. Now a battle?" He sighed, and looked at Layla. "You're going to fight with the pack? Then you have a job to do. Sort through the younger wolves that are old enough to fight and the ones that aren't. Train some of them the best you can. I'll deal with the rest." He turned, moving to the area above the den and barking for some of the older wolves to join him. 
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 am

Layla nodded in approval, and turned around, dashing towards the dens. Younger wolves gathered around her, looking up at Layla with curious eyes. She looked at the older and stronger wolves and smirked. "You three stand over here." Layla ordered, watching them stand next to her. Then she appointed a few more beside her, then looked at the younger and weaker wolves. "You four must stay as safe as possible in your dens. Stay in the back of your dens, and stay as invisible as you can." Layla instructed. Turning to the older wolves, she looked down on them. "First of all, you must know your opponents fighting style by their movements and words." She told them. "Frost Pack's fighting style is speed and brute strength, so we must use our smarts and skill. Of course, I use all fighting styles." Layla added, sighing softly. She showed them a few assassin moves, like how to trip your opponent properly and sliding under their belly's to attack them from under, and all of the stuff to help them. "Are you all clear on what I have said?" Layla asked as if she was a real instructor. They all nodded. "Alright then. Get training!" Layla ordered. Layla "fought" with the biggest and strongest of the younger wolves, turning him into a good fighter. Once their training was done, Layla padded outside of the camp. She could make out the outline of Frost Pack. Layla barked a warning to Mason and his pack. Frost Pack has gotten much larger than before, and they looked much more powerful. Standing next to Mason, she growled as Frost Pack approached them.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:30 am

Mason had called the rest of his pack to his side. Ming, Niall, Ianto, Gen, Faith, and several others stood by him, preparing and planning. The Alpha was angry. Too much had happened in the past few weeks. This battle was sure to bring more death. The scent of the enemy pack was starting to become apparent on the wind. "Layla!" He barked, noticing she had finished. "Try and find Grey. We'll need all the help we can get." Mason moved over to Jackie, lowering his head to look at her. "Make sure the youngest are safe." He said quietly, nudging her into the den with them. 
His pack was ready. Mason wasn't. He didn't want to fight. If talking didn't help anything, then they would fight. Slowly, he moved forward, waiting for the Frost Pack's Alpha to do something.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 am

Layla nodded and sped off into the camp, making sure all of the youngest wolves were safe in their dens. "Don't come out until I tell you too." Layla growled before dashing off towards Grey's scent, which lead right into a den. "Grey, we are going to need your help with the battle with Frost Pack. Their pack has increased in size." Layla told him. She padded back to where Mason was, and stood next to Mason, awaiting for Grey to join them. "The youngest wolves are safe, and I found Grey." Layla said to the Alpha. Watching Frost Pack approach, she noticed the Alpha. He was a dark grey with electric green eyes. Layla didn't have time to speak. The Alpha of Frost Pack had already beckoned his tail for his pack to attack Mason's pack. Layla flooded with Mason's pack, colliding into a brute fiercely. Sliding under the brute's belly, she wrapped her hind legs around his flank, and twisted him upwards, causing him to land on his back. Layla ripped his windpipe out before moving on to other wolves, barreling into two faes, sending them away after only a couple minutes. Rotating her head, she gasped as she saw the Alpha of Frost Pack attempting to attack Jackie. Snarling, she barreled into the Alpha. She didn't have time to think. Layla knew Jackie was strong, but her instincts beat her thoughts. Knocking the Alpha to the ground, she snarled before moving on to another brute. She would leave the Alpha... For now. Raking her claws over a brute's face, she blinded the male. Layla grabbed him by the scruff and flung him in the air, flying with him. Doing a flip in the air, she landed on the brute, ripping his spinal cord out. But taken by surprise, Layla had been knocked to the ground by the Alpha. "Goodbye, little thing." He snarled. But with a quick motion, Layla rolled up and slid on her side, using her back foot to trip him. She sank her teeth into his flank, shaking wildly before letting go and standing next to Mason. "What should we do with the Alpha?" She asked, keeping her defensive position.

(Is that okay? I read my post over and took out everything I saw that looked like powerplay. Again, I'm sorry about that. I didn't really know what else to say about that.)

Last edited by johncenarules123 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm

[I... I sorry. I can't reply to that. The powerplay was a bit... too much. Remember: Quality over quantity.]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 pm

(Oh, sorry Wolfy. I didn't mean to powerplay. I'm going to edit my post.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:36 pm

[It's fine, but I just dislike it because then I have to make my characters do that exactly and it makes it harder to write.]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:38 pm

(Yeah, trust me, I've had someone powerplay my characters. And kill one of my characters. I edited my post. Smile)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:55 am

Grey was not in the mood. He glared hard at Layla. The brute was covered in dirt and blood. The three lacerations on his shoulder had stopped bleeding, but any sharp movements caused them to act up again. But he was not going to let anyone else he liked in the least bit die that way. With a quiet growl, Grey stood, starting after Layla. He met a wolf head on as soon as the fighting started. Mason's pack fought around him, some killing, some seriously injuring. He caught a few being pinned out of the corner of his eye, and finished off the brute he was battling to help them. 
Mason rammed into a wolf, flipping it around onto its back with a snarl. He couldn't kill the wolf. So he stepped off, watching the wolf retreat. He had been forced to kill a couple of times, but Mason was a strong believer in second chances. 
The fighting was over quickly, and Mason turned to face Layla, looking down at the Alpha with a sneer. "I should just kill him... but..." He hesitated, looking over at his brother. Grey padded forward, head slightly tilted. "I can do it. What's a little more death today?" The wolf snarled bitterly, amber colored eyes still awash with sadness and anger. "It's not like we didn't just slaughter his loved ones or anything..." Grey's voice cracked, and he forced himself to look away. "Let him go. Maybe he'll learn from this." The wolf's voice was hard, commanding. Mason blinked, and nodded. "I'd rather be dead than be without the ones I love. Trust me, this is crueler."
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am

Layla's eyes softened at the sight of Grey, feeling pity for him. Her blue eyes were washed over with guilt and sadness, hating how Miyako had to die. Her heart was shattering at everything. "This brute doesn't deserve to die. Let him go." Layla growled, looking away from the rival Alpha. Her mystifying blue eyes lifted as she saw a brute bigger than the Alpha, pin pointing Grey. "Grey, look out!" She warned, right as the brute launched himself into the air. Layla threw herself into the air as well, colliding with the brute, her claws sinking into his dark brown pelt. The two fought in the clearing. Layla sank her teeth into the brute's neck, shaking him like a ragdoll before tossing him to the ground. "Get the hell out of here!" Layla snarled, watching the brute dash off with his comrades. She shook with rage, her eyes burning with hatred. "The battle went well..." Layla panted, rotating her head to face Grey and Mason. A small smile formed on her muzzle. Limping over, she stopped and met Grey's amber gaze with her mesmerizing blue, trying to smile brighter. But couldn't. Her little smile turned into a frown, her gaze drooping down to the ground. "I'm sorry about Miyako." She said softly before padding by him and right to the stream where she and Grey had first met. Sighing softly, she let her wounds bleed, feeling no pain. No pain, but emotional pain.

(Wow, that post sucked.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Mason nodded, and gestured to the forest. The wolf bolted off as fast as his injuries would permit. He moved over to Ming, who was nursing a shallow laceration on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" The wolf asked, nudging her quietly. She nodded, offering him a soft smile. Layla's voice caught their attention, and the two swung their heads around to see her fighting a stray from the battle. Mason couldn't help but notice how Grey didn't react. He didn't look up. Didn't move. Just stared at the ground. When Layla tried to meet his gaze, his eyes flitted up to her's, and then back down to the ground. "It isn't your fault. But sorry doesn't help anything. It won't bring her back." 
Mason went around from wolf to wolf, checking their injuries and his mood was brightened a bit by the fact that nothing was serious. He noticed Layla's departure from the corner of his dark brown eyes, but couldn't be bothered by it. His own pack needed him, and Layla was a strong fae. 
Faith gently nuzzled Grey, trying to get his attention. He flicked his ears. "That shoulder.. looks pretty bad. Do you want me to put something on it?" She asked. He nodded, looking over at his former target of flirtation. "Then I'll go find Layla. She didn't get away without a scrape or two, if I can remember correctly." The fae retrieved something from a den. It looked something like a golden rod flower, slightly wilted from the recent cold weather. She halved it, chewing on it for a moment before applying it to his wounds. "I'm sorry I don't have any chamomile. I gave the last to Ming. After Isamu... she really needed it." Grey nodded. "That's alright. I'll be fine." He finally moved, lifting his head, dipping his head, and moving off towards a small tree.
Faith found Layla about five minutes later, leaving the well trained medicine wolf to do her job. "Layla?" She called, spotting her a few moments later. "Do you want me to take care of that, or do you want to do it yourself?"
[It was fine.]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 pm

(You are better. xD)

Layla knew that Miyako's death wasn't her fault, but it still stung like a thousand bee stings. For once in the fae's life, she felt true pity for a brute and wished to do anything she could to help him move on. Layla lapped up water, trying to get some new energy into her body and masculine muscles. Her ears pricked up at her name, causing her to lift her head and rotate it to the left, only to see Faith. Giving a small little smile, she nodded. "I could use some help. I only remember some of the things my sister taught me." Layla replied, limping over to sit next to Faith. "My sister's name was Genocide. Her nickname actually happened to be Gen." Layla smiled at the thought of her older sister. She grew up in her father's pack as a Medicine Wolf. The beautiful fae sighed softly, her eyes fixed on the ground as she tended to her wound only a bit. "Grey isn't so bad. A bit arrogant and uptight, but he has a heart. As much as I hate to say it, but I need to make it up to him. I was never the kindest wolf." Layla mumbled under her breath.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:01 pm

[I usually listen to something in the background, whether it be music or a youtuber of sorts. Seems to help. Trust me though, your's are better than you think. Oh, and I know I said the medicine wolf was a she, but I'm just gonna switch the gender. Makes things easier.]
Faith quickly prepared the goldenrod, rubbing it onto Layla's worst wound gently. "Niall is our main medicine wolf. He seems to know everything about any plant you could name. Being his sister, I've learned a few things. Talk to him sometime. He can give you a few tips and tricks." She finished with the wound, and looked up at Layla. "Grey is... I don't know what he is. Mason always warns me about him, but he doesn't seem like what he's always described as. But maybe he's just good at hiding things." Faith shrugged, shaking her head. "He does understand when you're sorry, though. Apologies aren't always needed with him."
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm

(Lol, so do I. I listen to Ariana Grande, Avril Lavigne, Lemonade Mouth, etc. I also love P!nk.)

Layla nodded her head, "Genocide is a great Medicine Wolf. Just like her mentor Lillian, and Lillian's mentor Delilah." Layla replied, watching Faith finish working on her wound. Chuckling softly, "Even my mother was good at this stuff. Although, I didn't spend too much time with her as a pup. I mostly spent my time with my mentor Nakomi whom had turned out to be my best friend, or my friend Kapu. Other than that, I was often just alone, training myself." Layla told her, dropping her head to the ground. "Mason is actually a kind brute. He needs to lay off Grey a bit, but other than that he is a good brute, and a wise Alpha." She said softly, her claws flexing a bit.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:27 pm

[I sometimes listen to Avril and Pink, but mostly I listen to Peposka, Sixx Am or You Me At Six. And also, my mom really likes Ariana Grande xD]

Faith listened politely, lapping up a bit of water to clear her mouth of the taste of golden rod. She nodded in agreement to her comment about Mason. "I don't think anyone will be bothering Grey for a while. Not with Miyako gone." The fae sighed, tail flicking. Her dark green eyes fell to the stream, to the minnows swimming and the occasional leaf that would float down. "Hopefully nothing else... bad happens for awhile. First Isamu, then Miyako, now this. None of it shouldn't have happened."
[My Muse died.]
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm

(Avril Lavigne is a classic. I like her songs Complicated, Sk8er Boi, Smile, Keep Holding On, Here's To Never Growing Up, I'm With you, My Happy Ending, etc. And yeah, Ariana Grande is awesome. So is Pink.)

Layla sighed, and nodded, her eyes falling to the ground for a moment. "I'll probably try to comfort him. But I'll leave him for now, just until the fight blows over a bit." She told Faith, her shoulder still aching a bit. Faith's next comment caused Layla to shudder softly. She rotated her head to look at Faith, "Isamu and Miyako died with honor. And the important thing is that nobody died in battle." Layla said truthfully, her blue eyes meeting Faith's dark forest green. "I need to ask you something." She took a deep breath before asking what she had to ask. "Do you trust Jackie?"

(Its fine. My muse get's real bad sometimes.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 pm

"Nobody died in battle? That pack died in battle. Mothers, fathers, lovers. I know we did it to protect ourselves, but what if they had pups waiting for them to come home?" Faith blinked, rolling her shoulder. "Trust? If Mason trusts her, I trust her. She's young. And not everyone is going to get along with you. I've noticed you and Gen have clashed several times. She'll come to, just stay out of her way." 
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Layla groaned softly, "I meant nobody died in your pack." She stated, her blue eyes ripping from her gaze. Layla blinked with disbelief, not satisfied with Faith or Mason trusting Jackie. "I don't see what I did to Jackie in the first place. And Gen... I don't really know." She replied, giving a small sigh. Her eyes lifted to look up at the darkened sky, "We'd better get back to camp. It looks like either snow or rain is coming." Layla said, getting to her paws. She padded back to camp, looking back for Faith to follow. Entering the camp, Layla laid underneath a rock that covered her enough so she wouldn't get wet with the rain starting up. But it was cold, and windy.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Faith smiled softly, shaking her head. "Not everyone trusts you, either. Just like not everybody trusts Grey." The fae followed Layla, looking around at the wolves as they arrived. "No one really trusts anyone who hangs out with Grey, but things might start to change. You never know." Faith padded off, looking for Ming.
Mason watched Niall care for the remaining wolves, dipping his head in thanks when Niall turned. Gen padded up next to him, capturing his attention with the start of a conversation. 
Grey rested his head on his paws, watching the wolves go about their business. It was all a blur. Ming smiled. So did Gen and Niall. None of them seemed extremely unhappy. 
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Layla sighed as rain fell, trying her best to stay warm. The lightning reflected off of her eyes as it crackled in the sky, causing Layla to blink once before turning her head away. Jackie padded by and snickered at Layla, causing the fae to snarl in disgust. She got onto her paws and padded out of camp, getting bored of laying under a rock. Breaking out into a run, she followed the scent of a young buck, causing her to smile softly. Running silently, she spotted the buck and she crouched to the ground. Springing into the air, her teeth were instantly in the buck's neck, dropping it dead at her paws. Layla grabbed it's small antler and dragged it to camp, dropping it onto the FKP before grabbing a rabbit for herself. Crawling back under the rock, she ate the rabbit. Layla curled her fluffy tail over her nose and tried to sleep.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Mason watched wolves retire to the dens, smiling sadly. Ming came and bid him goodnight, before returning to the den with Ianto and Emi. Her mate licked her affectionately, and then the pup. The trio closed their eyes, preparing for nightfall. Niall invited Gen in with him and one of his pups, and she smiled shyly, obliging with a small dip of her head. Mason barked for Faith, and she trotted over, laying besides him. Grey was still watching everything out of  slightly glazed eyes. His tail would twitch now and then, but besides that, he was stationary.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Layla watched the all of the wolves get into their cozy dens, not surprised that she was being ignored. 'It's not like that's new.' Layla thought, her blue eyes closing slowly. Then she fell into a deep sleep.

----

The fae awoke to sunlight beaming into her eyes, causing her to shut them again. Rising to her paws, she stretched out every stiff muscle in her body before stepping out from under the rock she had slept underneath. Layla looked around, seeing nobody awake at the moment. So she quietly walked over to the FKP and grabbed a couple fish and began to eat happily. Layla heard shifting from one den, but decided to ignore it as she continued to eat the trout.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next