Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123]

Go down

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123] Empty Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123]

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Adrenaline coursed fiercely through Ajax's veins, urging his legs to pound against the freshly rain-dampened forest floor quicker, weaving through trees as fast as his body would allow. A split-second glance over his shoulder only kicked him into sprinting faster, and his heart threatened to pound from his chest, but when his eyes cut forward, the smallest sliver of hope ignited within him. C'mon, almost there... The distance between him and safety was narrowly decreasing, and a relief like no other flooded over him as he'd finally made it. However, that relief only proved to be momentary. As his mind worked to stop his running, the momentum in his legs wouldn't comply. Frantically, his paws dug into the ground, but that didn't stop him from skidding, a cold, stone wall coming in quickly, and before he could even blink an eye, his breath left his chest with a huff, and he found himself on his back, legs limply stuck in the air.

"You cheater!" came Cyrus, chest heaving heavily as he trotted up to shoot Ajax a poisonous glare.

Ajax laid there a moment, gulping for air, before he rolled back onto his feet. "Not my fault you came in third."

Cyrus gave a huff of agitation, then plopped down onto his haunches. "Actually, it is, Ajax. You tripped Rain, and I tripped over Rain."

Not his proudest moment, but it was true. Just as the race started, he held out his back paw just enough for her to fumble over. Despite her being tripped, she'd nearly caught him. He gave a lopsided smile, and shrugged. She would've beaten me otherwise. He'd decided it'd be best to leave it unsaid; Rain was probably furious enough as it was.

[hopefully this is okay. ^^']

Back to top Go down

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123] Empty Re: Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123]

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm

(It's fine!)

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123] Eins_zwei_butterflei_by_aquiloniuslupus-d4rkev8

Rain's paws carried her as she stumbled to get up, sure to whoop Ajax's ass when she made it to the finish line. Her longs, sturdy legs pumped, and her large paws barely skimmed the earth as she caught up to them, coming in second, and snarling at Ajax. "Way to win a race, Ajass!" Rain sneered at him, throwing a name at Ajax, but merely smirking cockily, then turning to Cyrus. "Calm your shit, Cyrus." She rolled her heavenly amber and chestnut swirled eyes, and watched as Essence came racing forward. "Good race." Essence stated sarcastically. Then a certain brownish red brute came padding toward them. "What I miss?" He asked. It was Arrow. "Yo, not much Arrow." Rain replied, then turned to Ajax and the rest of them. "How's about a little bit of fun tonight? I say, we go to Dungeon's Cave, and stay there for the night." Rain smirked. Essence's eyes widened. "Rain, no! Do you know how dangerous that is?" Essence barked.

(Ugh, that sucked monkeys.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123] Empty Re: Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123]

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 pm

['tis fine.]

A grin formed on Ajax's maw at her name calling, and he resisted the urge to stick his tongue out at her as he gave a nonchalant shrug. At her comment about Cyrus's behavior, however, he couldn't stifle the small chuckle that came from his throat at the way Cyrus's ears pinned back, huffing angrily. Ajax's eyes met with Essence and Arrow as they came racing into the den, and he couldn't help but notice the slight happiness that settled over Cyrus as Essence had made it in, taking on a more relaxed stance. Watching Rain as she spoke, his ears couldn't help but perk with interest, and his face contorted with amusement. "Sounds like a plan," Ajax said, smiling. Cyrus, on the other hand, wore a small frown.

"Is it your life goal to do anything and everything to torment us?" Cyrus muttered sarcastically, but soon after saying it, his frown disappeared. "Actually..." he began, voice trailing off and picking up not long after, "Actually, that doesn't sound half bad."

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue May 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Rain's eyes flickered deviously, and she looked at Cyrus as he smiled at Essence. She looked outside the den, only to see her father and her older brother Nexus. He was a gray wolf, with unusual purple eyes. Her father, Devio, was black with shades of brown and electrifying orange eyes. Rain looked at Ajax, and smirked. "We'll go tonight, when the moon is full." Rain said.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 5:49 pm

As Rain looked at Ajax, his stomach couldn't help but flip-flop, though he wouldn't dare show it on his exterior. He gave a brief nod, and returned the smirk softly. "Even better," he said, smirk expanding a bit, "Just make sure you can slip past Devio." He was tempted to throw in, "He can be a real ass", but decided against it, holding onto his tongue.

[aghh, geez. Sorry about this. my muse is sleeping.]

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat May 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Rain laughed gently, at the mention of Devio, her father. She just rolled her eyes. "Oh, I don't even think he'll notice me. He's too busy hanging around Nexus and my sister." She replied, a light growl forming in her throat. Rain was ignored a lot by her parents, so all she ever had to do was hang out with her friends or siblings. Rain looked over at Arrow, and smirked gently. "Do you want to come to Dungeon's Cave?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.
Arrow's silvery teal colored eyes flickered, "you bet!" He barked, instantly brightening up.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 3:28 pm

A small chuckle rumbled in Ajax's throat at Arrow's excitedness, shaking his head subtly. From the corner of his eye, he could see Cyrus's head turn towards Essence.

"I -- We'll keep ya safe, Essence," Cyrus said in the most reassuring tone he could muster, though it was hard to do since his voice was so gruff, " 'Sides, if anything is stupid 'nuff to mess with my friends, I'll give 'em a piece of my mind." He huffed his chest out, and straightened himself so he appeared to be larger.

Ajax couldn't help but smile dumbly, rolling his eyes before his gaze wandered outside, eyeing the sun as it began its slow descent behind the horizon for a moment. Cutting his eyes back over to Rain, he said, "Looks like we should get a move on, then, hm?"

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Essence smiled at Cyrus, and nodded her head. "Thank you, Ci." She replied, using Cyrus's nickname. She padded over to stand next to him, and then looked at Arrow.

Arrow yawned a little, but smiled. "Yeah, we ain't gonna let nobody touch ya, Es." He assured her, lifting his chin a bit.

Rain smirked rebelliously, amber/golden colored eyes flickering dangerously as she looked at Ajax. "Yep, let's get going. We ought to be there by nightfall. Because we're all going to stay there until dawn." She announced, seeing the flicker of concern on Arrow's face, but he soon brightened up.

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123] Beautiful-wolf-4 Arrow

Thicker than Water [R] [Reserved for johncenarules123] Black%20Wolf Essence
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Ajax's grin sobered up some, though what lingered continued to pull at one side of his maw. Strikingly amber eyes flickering from each of his comrades, he gave a few strides forward, half-turning to shoot a look filled with both a dim dorkiness and dare back to his companions. "C'mon. We'll have fun." After flashing them a bright grin, he continued on his way forward and picked up his stride a bit.

Cyrus gave a hesitant look over to Essence before shaking his head and following suit.

[Hey, sorry this took so long. Been stressed with exams and all. s:]

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat May 17, 2014 11:43 am

Rain lead the gang to Dungeon's Cave, her chestnut/honey colored eyes glowing as nightfall came, her white pelt bristling with excitement, glancing over at Essence and smiling gently. Then she stopped. "Wait. Do you hear that?" She whispered, narrowing her eyes as a bush rustled. Then out came a young dark gray wolf, with eyes as blue as the sky. It was Nico, Rain's younger brother.

"Where are you guys going? Can I come?" Nico asked, smiling softly. He was only a year and a half.

Rain shook her head. "Sorry, little bro. No pests allowed." She growled, nudging him back in the direction of the camp.

Nico's eyes clouded, and he sighed before going back to camp.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:12 am

Ears flickering with interest, Ajax's gaze cut over to lock onto the nearby bush curiously, Cyrus tensing noticeably at his side as a low growl vibrated deep within his throat. As Nico emerged from hiding, Cyrus relaxed some, mumbling a curse or two before giving a sigh, though Ajax stilled eyed him with the same inquisitiveness.

Ajax couldn't help but feel a tad guilty as Nico began to make his way back to camp, and before he could help himself, he'd already turned and began calling after him. "Maybe some other time, Nico?" he offered, giving him a small smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri May 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Nico turned around and looked at Ajax, his young and carefree eyes glittering. He nodded, then turned, padding to camp with his head hung low, and tail swishing softly.

Rain turned to the gang, and blinked. "C'mon then. Let's get on with it." She sighed, continuing to lead them with Essence at her side. Rain's muscles rippled under her large frame, and creamy white coat.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Ajax gave a nod and continued to walk after Rain, Cyrus making an effort to catch up to Essence's side and toss her a hardly noticeable grin. Ajax's gaze wandered about his surroundings for a moment before it returned forward, and he sped up to walk alongside Rain. He bumped her shoulder gently with his own and flashed her a mischievous grin. "I say we head to the waterfall while we're at it tonight," he said and his eyes cut forward, "We haven't gone in what seems like an eternity."

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Rain walked with her eyes kept forward, then she felt a hearty push of her shoulder, and glanced over at Ajax with the same mischievous grin. "Oh, why not. Tonight would be perfect." She replied, her chestnut colored eyes meeting his amber quickly. Rain turned her head back to look forward, but glanced Arrow's way a couple times.

Arrow looked around him. "It's bound to be a full moon tonight, eh?" He guessed, metallic teal colored eyes gleaming in the orange light.

Essence smiled back at Cyrus, and bumped his cheek with her nose gently.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Bump
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

[Hey, sorry. just kinda been down in a rut lately.]

Ajax's mischievous grin turned sincere. "Great," he replied to Rain. Listening to what Arrow had to say, he nodded, gaze flickering towards him, to the sky, then returning back to him. "Now that would be amazing."

Cyrus's grin widened almost imperceptibly before he sent his eyes back to his front, taking a gentle nip at Essence's cheek in return.

[I'm really sorry this is so short, and probably really terrible.]

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Rain smirked and continued padding forward, looking back at Essence and Cyrus, then Ajax's voice rung in her ears. "That would be amazing." She agreed.

Essence licked Cyrus's cheek, and brushed her pelt against his side softly.

(Mine is worse lol.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:43 pm

[Time skip to the cave? Haha. c:]

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:42 pm

(Lol yeah.)

Rain entered the cave with no fear showing in her golden/amber eyes, with Essence at her side with a slightly more cautious posture. "This is going to be great." Rain mustered, smirking softly as she looked around, the faint drip of water hitting the cave floor heard in the distance.

Arrow smirked, "You said it, Rain." He padded up to stand next to Cyrus, considering the two had been close friends for as long as they could remember. They were all friends, but nobody was closer to Arrow than Cyrus was. And nobody was closer to Rain than Essence was.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Ears twitching at the sound of dripping water, Ajax started off ahead, sorting through his memories briefly before sending a glance to the others, smiling softly. "The waterfall should be ahead. Just around the corner." His gaze traveled over all his friends, though it lingered on Rain. She's so beautiful... He awed, but it hadn't taken long for him to snap out of his attraction-induced daze. Ah, knock it off, you sap.

Cyrus gave a nod and made his way to catch up to Ajax, looking over to the others for a moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Rain padded up ahead with Essence at her side, laughing softly. The waterfall came into view, and Rain smiled, her gorgeous honey colored eyes glittering. "Wow. This, is great." Rain said.

Essence nodded in reply and said, "yeah." she nudged Rain playfully.

Arrow looked at Ajax and smirked playfully. "Someone's in love." He whispered to Ajax, teasing him.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Ajax attempted to send a nonchalant glance over to Arrow at hearing his comment, but failed, expression running through an array of false confusion to nervous denial. "Ohh, Arrow, always the comic, huh?" he grumbled in return, sending him a quick glare before his eyes darted over to Rain, who'd already been enjoying herself by looking at the waterfall. He strode his way over to side by her side, doing the same.

Cyrus grinned at Ajax & Arrow's conversation, being close enough to hear, before approaching Arrow as Ajax left. "He's not very good at hiding it."

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:31 pm

"Oh, take a joke, Ajax!" Arrow barked, rolling his metallic eyes, then bumping Cyrus heartily. "He really isn't. But let's not say anything to Rain. She's a tough one to crack." He whispered to Cyrus.

Rain looked over at Ajax, and smirked, then turned her attention back to the waterfall, listening to the strong and rushing sounds of it falling into the pond below.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down