Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses

Go down

Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Empty Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:05 am

I know evrey one clear's a room when Madison100 mention's the word Race Horses but dang they are so awsome!!!!!!!!!!! So I just wanted to share my nolige on all the race legend's I love, and for those who would like to ask me any thing they would like to know about the sport just ask me I'm glade to be helpful so hear goes-

My favret handicap champion-Phar Lap
[img]Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Pl_edi10[/img]
Phar Lap (1926–1932) was a champion Thoroughbred racehorse whose achievements captured the public's imagination during the early years of the Great Depression. Foaled in New Zealand, he was trained and raced in Australia. Phar Lap dominated Australian racing during a distinguished career, winning a Melbourne Cup, two Cox Plates and 19 other weight for age races.He then won the Agua Caliente Handicap in Tijuana, Mexico in track-record time in his final race. After a sudden and mysterious illness, Phar Lap died in 1932. At the time, he was the third highest stakes-winner in the world. (not so mysterius any more infact he was posined by mobe people hop your happy whoever you guy's are Evil or Very Mad )
His mounted hide is displayed at the Melbourne Museum, his skeleton at Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa and his heart at the National Museum of Australia in Canberra.

My favret race horse Man O War
[img]Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Manowa12[/img]
Man o' War, (March 29, 1917 Nursery Stud farm, Lexington, Kentucky – November 1, 1947, Faraway Farm) is considered one of the greatest Thoroughbred racehorses of all time. During his career just after World War I, he won 20 of 21 races and $249,465 in purses.
Sire Night Raid (GB)
Grandsire Radium (GB)
Dam Entreaty (NZ)
Damsire Winkie (GB)
Sex Gelding
Foaled 1926
Country New Zealand
Colour Chestnut
Breeder Alick Roberts
Owner David Davis and Harry Telford
Trainer Harry Telford
Record 51:37–3–2
Earnings £A66,738[1]
Major wins
AJC Derby (1929)
Victoria Derby (1929)
Linlithgow Stakes (1930)
Futurity Stakes (1930)
Melbourne Cup (1930)
Chipping Norton Stakes (1930)
Cox Plate (1930 & 1931)
Melbourne Stakes (1930 & 1931)
Underwood Stakes (1931)
Agua Caliente Handicap (1932)
Honours
#22 – Top 100 U.S. Racehorses of the 20th Century
1983 Motion Picture – Phar Lap: Heart of a Nation
Australian Racing Hall of Fame
New Zealand Racing Hall of Fame

By the prominent sire Fair Play, his dam Mahubah was by the U.K. Triple Crown Champion, Rock Sand. Man o' War was owned and bred by August Belmont, Jr. (1851–1924), whose father's accomplishments were recognized through the naming of the Belmont Stakes. Belmont Jr. joined the United States Army at age 65 to serve in France during World War I. While he was overseas, his wife named a new foal "Man o' War" in honor of her husband. However, the Belmonts decided to liquidate their racing stable. At the Saratoga yearling sale in 1918, Man o' War was sold at a final bid of $5,000 to Samuel D. Riddle who brought him to his Glen Riddle Farm near Berlin, Maryland. The underbidder at the auction was believed to be Robert L Gerry, Sr.
Sire Fair Play
Grandsire Hastings
Dam Mahubah
Damsire Rock Sand
Sex Stallion
Foaled 1917
Country United States
Colour Chestnut
Breeder August Belmont, Jr.
Owner Samuel D. Riddle
Trainer Louis Feustel
Record 21: 20–1–0
Earnings $249,465
Major wins
Tremont Stakes (1919)
Grand Union Hotel Stakes (1919)
United States Hotel Stakes (1919)
Hopeful Stakes (1919)
Futurity Stakes (1919)
Youthful Stakes (1919)
Preakness Stakes (1920)
Belmont Stakes (1920)
Travers Stakes (1920)
Jockey Club Gold Cup (1920)
Lawrence Realization Stakes (1920)
Stuyvesant Handicap (1920)
Miller Stakes (1920)
Withers Stakes (1920)
Potomac Handicap (1920)
Dwyer Stakes (1920)
Awards
United States Champion 2-Yr-Old Colt (1919)
United States Horse of the Year (1920)
Leading sire in North America (1926)
Honours
U.S. Racing Hall of Fame (1957)
#1 - Top 100 U.S. Racehorses of the 20th Century
Life-size statue at Kentucky Horse Park
Man o' War Stakes at Belmont Park
Man o' War Boulevard in Lexington, Kentucky
Man o' War Road in Riddlewood, Pennsylvania

My favret race filly Ruffian
[img]Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Ruffia10[/img]
Ruffian (April 17, 1972 - July 7, 1975) was an American champion thoroughbred racehorse, considered to be among the greatest U.S. racehorses of all time. Her story was told in 2007 film Ruffian.
Sire Reviewer
Grandsire Bold Ruler
Dam Shenanigans
Damsire Native Dancer
Sex Filly
Foaled 1972
Country United States
Colour Dark Bay
Breeder Stuart & Barbara Janney
Owner Stuart & Barbara Janney
Trainer Frank Y. Whiteley, Jr.
Record 11:11-0-0
Earnings $313,428
Major wins
Astoria Stakes (1974)
Spinaway Stakes (1974)
Sorority Stakes (1974)
Acorn Stakes (1975)
Mother Goose Stakes (1975)
Coaching Club American Oaks (1975)
Awards
U.S. Champion 2-Yr-Old- Filly (1974)
4th U.S. Triple Tiara Champion (1975)
U.S. Champion 3-Yr-Old- Filly (1975)
Honours
U.S. Racing Hall of Fame (1976)
#35 - Top 100 U.S. Racehorses of the 20th Century
Ruffian Handicap at Saratoga Race Course (since 2010; previously ran at
Belmont Park 1976-2009)
TV Film: Ruffian (2007)

My favret tripple crown winner Secretariat
[img]Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Secret10[/img]
Secretariat (March 30, 1970 – October 4, 1989) was an American Thoroughbred racehorse, that in 1973 became the first U.S. Triple Crown champion in twenty-five years, setting new race records in two of the three events in the Series—the Kentucky Derby (1:59 2/5), and the Belmont Stakes (2:24)—records that still stand today.
Secretariat was sired by Bold Ruler out of Somethingroyal, by Princequillo. He was foaled at Meadow Farm in Caroline County, Virginia. Like his famous predecessor Man o' War, Secretariat was a large chestnut colt and was given the same nickname, "Big Red."
Owned by Penny Chenery (aka Penny Tweedy), he was trained by Lucien Laurin and mainly ridden by fellow Canadian jockey Ron Turcotte, along with apprentice jockey Paul Feliciano (first two races), and veteran Eddie Maple (last race). He raced in Penny Chenery's Meadow Stable's blue and white checkered colors and his groom was Eddie Sweat. Secretariat stood approximately 16.2 hands (66 inches, 168 cm) tall, and weighed 1,175 pounds (533 kg), with a 75 inch girth, in his racing prime.
Sire Bold Ruler
Grandsire Nasrullah
Dam Somethingroyal
Damsire Princequillo
Sex Stallion
Foaled 1970
Country United States
Colour Chestnut
Breeder Meadow Stables
Owner Meadow Stable. Racing colors: Blue, white blocks, white stripes on sleeves, blue cap.
Trainer Lucien Laurin
Record 21:16-3-1
Earnings $1,316,808
Major wins
Sanford Stakes (1972)
Hopeful Stakes (1972)
Futurity Stakes (1972)
Laurel Futurity (1972)
Garden State Futurity (1972)
Bay Shore Stakes (1973)
Gotham Stakes (1973)
Arlington Invitational (1973)
Marlboro Cup (1973)
Man o' War Stakes (1973)
Canadian International (1973)

American Classic Race wins:
Kentucky Derby (1973)
Preakness Stakes (1973)
Belmont Stakes (1973)
Awards
9th U.S. Triple Crown Champion (1973)
American Champion Two-Year-Old Colt (1972)
American Champion Three-Year-Old Male Horse (1973)
American Champion Male Turf Horse (1973)
American Horse of the Year (1972, 1973)
Leading broodmare sire in North America (1992)
Honours
U.S. Racing Hall of Fame (1974)
Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame (2007)
U.S. Postage Stamp (1999)
#2 – Top 100 U.S. Racehorses of the 20th Century[1]
Statue at Belmont Park & Kentucky Horse Park
Secretariat Stakes at Arlington Park
Secretariat Street in Napa, California
Secretariat Street in Howell, New Jersey
Secretariat Court in Mississauga, Ontario (Toronto Canada)

My favret race mare Zenyatta
[img]Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Zenyat10[/img]
Zenyatta (foaled April 1, 2004 in Kentucky) is a retired American champion Thoroughbred racehorse, winner of 19 consecutive races in a 20-race career,making her the American-record holder for consecutive victories without defeat in unrestricted races.
Owned by Jerry Moss and his wife Ann and trained by John Shirreffs, Zenyatta was ridden by American Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith for 17 of 20 starts. Jockey David Flores rode Zenyatta in her first three starts. She stood taller than most of her opponents (male or female) at 17.2 hands tall(70 inches, or 5 feet 9.5 inches) at the shoulder, and carried 1,200 pounds on her frame while racing. According to a 2010 60 Minutes report, Zenyatta was purchased as a yearling at the low price of $60,000 because she suffered from a form of ringworm. During her career she won purses totaling over $7 million making her the all-time North American female money-earner. She has been featured in W magazine, and the New York Times called her "hard to beat, and harder to ignore" in the 2010 racing season. Zenyatta won the Eclipse Award for Horse of the Year.
Zenyatta was sired by Street Cry, who also sired in the same crop 2007 Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense, multiple Group 1 Australian Weight for Age (WFA) champion Whobegotyou, and 2009 Melbourne Cup winner Shocking. Out of Vertigineux, the mare is half-sister to multiple Grade I winner Balance. Her damsire is the outstanding stallion Kris S.
She was named after the album Zenyattà Mondatta, by The Police, who were signed to A&M Records by Zenyatta's owner, Jerry Moss. (the pore baby had a miss carige in other word's her foal did not make it or was no longer there)

The most secsesful race horse that has evere lived
Kincsem (Hungarian for "Precious") (1874-1887) was the most successful Thoroughbred race horse ever, having won 54 races for 54 starts. Foaled in Tápiószentmárton, Hungary in 1874, she is a national icon, and is revered in other parts of the world, too. Over four seasons she won all her races against both female and male company at various race tracks across Europe, a record that's still unbeaten. I bealive this was the most amazing race horse that ever lived take my word's and tell it to evrey one.
[img]Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses 250px-10[/img]
Sire Cambuscan (GB)
Dam Water Nymph
Damsire Cotswold (GB)
Sex Filly
Foaled 1874
Country Hungary
Colour Chestnut
Breeder Ernst von Blaskovich
Owner Ernst von Blaskovich
Trainer Robert Hesp
Record 54: 54-0-0
Earnings 199,705 fl = 379,805 goldmark (sic)[1]
Major wins
Hungarian Two Thousand Guineas (1877)
Hungarian One Thousand Guineas (1877)
Hungarian Oaks (1877)
Hungarian Autumn Oaks (1877, 1878, 1879)
Hungarian St. Leger (1877)
Austrian Derby (1877)
Austrian Kaiserpreis (1877)
Grosser Preis von Hanover (1877)
Grosser Preis von Baden (1877, 1878, 1879)
Staatspreis Eister Classe (1878)
Goodwood Cup (1878)
Grand Prix de Deauville (1878)
Honours
Kincsem Park in Budapest, Hungary
Kincsem Museum, Budapest, Hungary
Kincsem Horse Park, Tápiószentmárton, Hungary
Kincsem Hotel, Kisbér, Hungary
Kincsem Farm, Archer, Florida
Life-sized statue at Kincsem Park, Budapest

She died on her thirteenth birthday March 17, 1887 from a colic attack, shortly after the birth of her last foal, Kincs. Newspapers across Hungary edged their pages in black the day she passed. Flags were flown at half mast

If you have any question's just ask Very Happy or commites but make them nice commites no rudniss

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Empty Re: Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Cool stuff and guess what I found out to day that a appaloosa could go into races how could I been so dumb before I thought only Arabians and thoroughbreds were aloud to enter races and what is really funny is I own Appaloosa and to day I learned that I've should have known that all ready!(LOL! Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses Empty Re: Pleas erply Warning Race Horse Toxic my favret race horses

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:54 pm

That's good you leanred somthing and that happens a lot horse racing is realy stuffed with lot''s of rules and such like app'y can trace with thoroughbred but appy's can have throughbred's in there blood and race each other so weird?

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down