Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Creek Ranch -- Chapter 1

+2
Saviour
Harley
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

White Creek Ranch -- Chapter 1 Empty White Creek Ranch -- Chapter 1

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:42 pm

~Jayla~
I smiled and pat Becca's nose as I brought her closer to me on the lunge-line. We had just finished training for the day, and Becca was covered in sweat. I slowly removed the lungeline and replaced it with a regular lead, leading Becca to the washplace for the horses. I turned on the hose and sprayed her down, laughing when I listen to her whinny and shake the cold water off of her. I began to rub in the shampoo on her silky bay coat, washing that off, then applying a small amount of conditioner to her, and washing that off, as well. I smiled and brushed her off, getting the extra dirt, and using the hoofpick to get the dirt out of her hooves, knowing that would be irritating to her. Once we were all finished, I mounted her bareback and rode her into the stables (which I knew I wasn't supposed to do), hoping none of the other trainers would catch me.

~Becca~
She snorted, tossing her head, silky black mane flying around her face. Sweat beaded around her shoulders and rump, but she didn't mind. She'd had a good workout and was ready for her daily washing. When she felt the cold water on her hide, she whinnied loudly, shying away from the water slightly. Becca calmed down, though, after her rider and trainer, Jayla, began to scrub in the shampoo and conditioner. After her bath, Becca snorted and was ridden bareback into the stables, though Becca didn't know that was against the rules of the barn.

~Naomi~
Naomi bucked wildly in the pastures, her black mane and tail flowing out behind her. She snorted and reared again, galloping around the pasture at full-speed, nearly running into Cowboy, whom she narrowly dodged. Naomi's black coating shimmered under the setting sun as she continued to romp around in the pasture like a yearling -- something she rarely ever did. It all wore off in a minute, though, as another horse tried to join her, and she snapped at them and trotted to a corner where she could be alone. Naomi snorted, puffs of white air pluming from her nostrils, and she began to graze quietly.

Back to top Go down

White Creek Ranch -- Chapter 1 Empty Re: White Creek Ranch -- Chapter 1

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Anastasia-

Anastasia reared, fore legs striking the air with force. Silver mane flew back in the wind, tail folded on the ground as she got ready to run. The young mare lurched forward, rear hooves kicking back dirt as she took off. Anastasia let out a whinny, tail high like war banner. It was unexplainable why she was so happy, but it happened. One of the trainers would come out to get her soon, she hoped. The maredid not like training, but liked the touch of the female trainers. But mostly got males because she was so rowdy and rough. Her wild brown eyes sparkled as she skid to a stop inches from the fence, dirt splashing up like a brown wave.

Callie-

Callie watched her horse, arms crossed over the fence and head resting on them. "Anastasia!" She called, her horse perking to attention and trotting over quickly. "Hey girl." Callie cooed, feeding her an apple. "Wish I could ride you, but Brian or one of the others should be coming to get you soon. Anastasia sighed, nuzzling her rider.

Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Jensen

Running my fingers through freshly cleansed hair, I open the door to my Ford truck and slam it shut. Warm air tickled my face and brought scents of horse and manure, hay and grain to my nostrils. With a loud whistle, Hildago and Phero rear up and strike at the wooden fences. Grinning, I turn and head for the barn. I stop and glare at the woman on Becca. "Hey! Shouldn't you be using a saddle?" I yelled, my low voice easily reaching her ears.

Phero~

I kicked around, barely grazing the side of Hildago. He shook his body in an attempt to hold himself back and I chuckle, bounding away. My strong legs pounding into the dirt and carrying my weight easily. I slide to a stop at the sound of a slamming door. Ears twitching forward, my legs turn and stride to the fence. A loud whistle stroked my ears and I rear up, heightening my already tall body. I thrash my hooves against the pesky wooden gate and throw my head.

Hildago~

I nip roughly at Phero, his annoying tease and run schedule already bothering me. The early morning tingled warmth through my chilled coat. He darts away and I snort loudly, sticking my head out to him and shaking it with annoyance. Suddenly, a slammed door clicks my mind over to Jenson. With his whistle, I lift my massive but short western body and throw my head, whinnying to match his high pitched noise. My hooves connect with the gate, but I pulled away to avoid damaging it any more than it already was.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Anastasia-

She perks her velvet speckled ears towards the barn. Ignoring the fact that it wasn't directed towards her, she neighed in return, trotting in place anxiously. "They won't let me ride you before training time! I'm sorry." Callie sighed apologetically. Anastasia put her neck over the fence, nuzzling her riders back as the girl threw her arms around the horses neck. Callie left, leaving the anxious horse to enjoy her self. Anastasia launched into her run again, tail flagging behind her and she whipped past Naomi, tail whipping her side.

Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:12 pm

~Jayla~
I turned my head and jumped off of Becca, even though she was in mid-canter. I landed smoothly and gently grasped Becca's mane, pulling her to a halt. I put a hand on my hip and stare at the male, and all she did was giggle, wave and reply, "I'm just taking her to the stables. Chill!" I rolled my eyes and led Becca to her stall before walking back outside and crossing my arms."What're ya doin' 'round these here parts, anyway?" I asked. I'd heard that White Creek was hiring newbies, but I didn't know if he was hired yet or not. I gave him a quirky smile and stuck out my tongue, not even bothering to let him answer my question, and jogged off to find my other horse, Naomi.

~Becca~
She snorted and tossed her head, turning it so she could see the voice that had called out to Jayla. She only managed to get a glimpse of a man before she was tucked away in the barn, in her stable, and comfortable. She snorted and neighed loudly to the other horses in the barn and walked in circles for a few moments before settling herself and walking to the corner of her stall. There, she ate the honey-coated oats and hay that was placed in a trough for her, then took a few long gulps of the crystal-clear water that had just been cleaned out this morning

~Naomi~
She snorted and nipped at Anastasia when her tail whipped my side and trampled after her aways before she noticed Jayla coming. She whinnied at Jayla's coming, and cantered to the fence, sticking her head over, mouthing at the air right in front of Jayla's face. She snorted as she felt Jayla's hands run over her velvety muzzle and she stomps her hooves, and moves away from the fence, cantering around. Her mane and tail fly out behind her as she shows off for her ride, excited and ready to get to work on today's drafting experiences. Her hooves trod in a muddy spot and splashed mud all over her black feathers and on another horse's side, though she didn't care to stop and see who it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Anastasia-

She snorted when the mud splattered her, and reared up. The mare landed, mud flying and hitting a pretende Naomi. Anastasia took off again, mane whipping back as she went in mad circles around the fence, turning sharp corners every now and then. GRass was at the mercy of her white hooves, it was kicked up into the air only to land gently back on earth. Only once did she stop to late and skidded into the fence. She let out a angry neigh, but trotted away like nothing had happened.

Last edited by Harley the Invisible on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Jensen~

I growled low in my throat before grabbing the tack for Hildago. His western saddle and bridle. Throwing it onto the fence, I jump up and over the fence, jumping again when I reached the other side. Both of my geldings lept into the air, odd for most horses. With a careless laugh, I pat their shoulders and push gently on Phero's. "Soon after Hildago" I smirk and lace the bridle onto Hildago, then gently force the bit into his mouth. He chewed it and adjusted it's position while I strap on his saddle.

Phero~

I leap into the air, tossing my mane in a cascade of brown/red hair. He then pats me and pushes me away. I couldn't understand his words, but his body language I understood. Turning quickly and launching into a full on sprint, I reach Anastasia, the crazed mare. Nipping at her whithers roughly, I dart away, starting a game of tag.

Hildago~

Matching my two best friends' actions, I jump into the air and toss my feet when I land, excited at Jensen's ever touch. He then shoves a bit in my mouth, the ice cold metal pressing on my tongue. Trusting his tacking, I play with the bit, grinding it against my teeth and snorting loudly.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:28 pm

~Naomi~
She angrily neighed at Anastasia and chased after her, grabbing her tail in her mouth and yanking on it, skidding to a halt and spraying mud all over Anastasia's rump and back. She angrily reared and splashed again, getting even more mud over the both of them. Satisfied with compeltely ruining Anastasia's coat, she nipped Anastasia's rump pretty hard, then trotted back, only to find Jayla had jumped the fence and come to get her away.

~Jayla~
I grimaced and quickly jumped the fence, jogging over to Naomi and grabbing her by the mane. "No, Naomi. We don't treat other horses like that." I frowned and slapped Naomi's rump, sending her towards the gates of the pasture. There I got her and put on her halter, then latched the lead on, and led her away from the horses in the pasture. I smiled playfully at the new guy when I passed, then continued to lead Naomi towards the washplace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Anastasia-

Anastasia looked over at Jensen after the abuse by Naomi. She nipped his shoulder gently when he was done tacking his horse. She snorted, tossing her head. Silky mane cascaded softly down her neck as she waited for her much need pat. But silently doubted she would get any, only get pushed away. Anastasia lowered her head, gently tugging at the bottom of his shirt.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Jensen~

I jumped and looked over after a gentle nip on the shoulder. "Hey girl" I stroked her head gently. Looking over at hildago, I shrug. "You won't mind" I said and moved the tack onto Anastasia. I wondered what she was trained in. Placing my foot in the stirrup, I heave myself onto her back. I have dealt with broncs in the past, so I was pretty much prepared for anything.

[-__- brain fart]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 pm

OOC~ I didn't feel like reading it all, what's happening?
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm

[ Lol, Jensen has just saddled anastasia and Jayla is getting ready to tack Naomi ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Anastasia-

Anastasia jumped a bit, but surged into a lope toward a pretend Naomi. Her smooth gait kept as she skidded, a wave of mud splattering onto the black horse. Sweet, sweet revenge. Anastasia thought, kicking herself into a gallop. After about 3 minutes of swerving around pretend barrels and listening to herself, she let the rider take control.

Last edited by Harley the Invisible on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Jensen~

She immediately pulled over to Jayla. I pull back roughly on the reins, making her back up and listen to me. She then took off again, acting as though she was barrel racing. The reins were pulled tighter, making her hold her head uncomfortably close to her neck. "Woah" I called, both of our labored breathing in sync. Releasing the reins, then pulling back again, I tell her to back up. Awaiting her response, I glance over at my geldings and the flirty girl.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Anastasia reared when he tugged back, but stopped. She saw Callie approaching, and knew she wouldn't be happy.

Callie-

The girl was not that happy about a stranger on her horse, and the fact that she didn't like her horse ridden before training time, it threw her mind off balance. Instead of blowing up at him, Calli just rested on the fence, watching only her horse.

Anastasia, again-

The mare saw her rider was not that happy. Her rear end flew up in the air, catching him off guard. Her bucking continued for about 5 second before Callie climbed in and calmed the horse, wiping the mud off of her. "Hey, woah. He didn't know." Callie said, gently rubbing her nose. Anastasia nuzzled her, then chewing on the bit.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Brian

Blue eyes burning into the sun, Brian was walking to get his horse, Cowboy, and tack him.
Grabbing him by his bridle, Brian led the big stallion into the stables, went to his stall
and tacked the black horse swiftly.

Then, Brian easily lifted his big leg over then horses back, and threw himself into the saddle,
patting Cowboy's neck. "Let's go boy."

Once out on the riding trails, Brian noticed the ranch's girls out on riding in front of me. He didn't
bother to say anything, being Brian.

Clicking his heels to Cowboy's underside, Brian merged his steed into a fast gallop, zooming past
the ladies. He stopped about 5 ft. infront of them, not wanting to seem rude, but it was
probably too late for that.

OOC~ Is this accurate?
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Anastasia- She looked around. Her neck was wrapped around her female rider, breathing fast. "You don't buck. You are a good horse, right?" Anastasia flicked her ears in response, head lifting as Callie left.

Callie-

She shook her head, dirty blonde hair bouncing behind her as she headed into the barn to see who would be training today. The girl would love to train her own horse, but her dad said she couldn't. She is a dangerous animal! You cannot do it! The words echoed, but Callie rode anyway, but didn't train.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Jensen~

At her rear, I kick her roughly, ignoring the obviously furious woman. The horse sped forward, then stopped and reared again. Giving her reins, I await her to calm down. The woman walked over and the horse calmed down. Grumbling, I glare down at the girl. "You ruined her training" I retort. She probably didn't know I was here to train the horses. "If you ain't going to ride her, then get out of the pastures" I said and pulled back on the reins to calm the unsettled horse and command her to step back.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Anastasia-

She flicked her ears at her words, and her ears lay back. The mare made a distressed sound, knowing her rider heard the man's words and the sound.Callie undid the cinch, letting the saddle go loose. Anastasia slammed his leg into the fence, using the moment of pain to buck him off. She reared, hooves coming down inches from him.

Callie-

She had laughed at the sight, picking the saddle that slid off and put it back on her horse. "I'm her owner. And what are you? The new trainer?" Callie looked at the bit, the horse opening her mouth obediently. "No wonder." Callie sighed. "My dad doesn't let me ride here. Thinks she will break my leg. I'm only allowed to ride after she has had her energy depleted a bit. And you were doing wrong! She needs a gentle hand." She calmed down, glaring down at him. "Do you even know what she is training for?"

Last edited by Harley the Invisible on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:10 pm

[ She wouldn't be able to buck him off, he was a bronc rider ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Did I seriously do that again? I typed it wrong grr.... Let me fix that
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BayMickey Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:15 pm

WILL SOMEONE TELLING ME WHAT'S HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BEGINNING!
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 pm

[ I told you, sorry, what did your last post say again? ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:21 pm

(Naomi and my horse got in a mud fight, Jensen rode Anastasia and got in trouble with Callie after her horse started bucking. That was from my view)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:23 pm

[ question: did anastasia actually get more mud on Naomi? I need to know how to reply ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next